Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,946 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident (16339 Views)

Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos / Driver Jumps Off Bridge To Escape Arrest / Man Bite Snake To Escape Being Swallowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by dont8(m): 7:12am On Jul 02, 2013

The driver of a trailer, identified as Umar, caused panic on Monday when he attempted to escape the scene of an accident.

The incident, which involved a Sinotruk trailer with number plate KANO MKK 37 XA belonging to Dangote Cement Company, and a Nissan Vanette bus, marked LAGOS EKY 631 XC, happened on the Calabar-Itu highway.

The accident occurred when one of the side tail-boards of the trailer opened unexpectedly. It smashed the bus, which was by its side.

The door and window frames of the bus were sliced with the driver and two other passengers on the left flank of the vehicle sustaining serious injuries.

The driver, who was obviously aware of what had happened, however, ignored the people who flagged him down.

Instead, he accelerated and ran over a security barricade in his bid to escape.

The driver brushed two other trailers and shoved some vehicles on the road aside.

On getting to the Ekim-Itam junction in Akwa Ibom State, the driver veered off the road, destroying security barricades.

No fewer than 15 vehicles, including a police van followed the fleeing trailer.

Immediately Umar halted the trailer, he jumped down and attempted to escape alongside three other occupants of the trailer, but they were apprehended.

Umar and the three others, who identified themselves as Iliasu, Sumaila and Talihu, narrowly escaped being lynched by some occupants of the vehicles that pursued them.

It took the intervention of two riot policemen to calm down the angry commuters.

When asked why he did not stop after the accident, Umar claimed that he “was not aware of what happened.”

But one of the occupants of the trailer contradicted his claim, insisting that the driver was actually trying to escape.

Umar said the truck was detailed to Calabar to supply bags of cement to a customer, adding that they were on their way back to Obajana in Kogi State.

The police detained Umar and his accomplices, while the trailer and the bus were taken to the Police Station at Itu.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/trailer-driver-smashes-vehicles-to-escape-accident-scene/
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by nedu2000(m): 7:30am On Jul 02, 2013
I thought the Dangote group trained graduate drivers ,I guess insanity isn't a function of educational class

6 Likes

Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by AbuMikey(m): 7:35am On Jul 02, 2013
Nothing to say about this actually!!
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by 80million1: 4:52pm On Jul 02, 2013
*speechless*

it's so unbecoming of these tanker drivers!
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by specialguest(f): 4:52pm On Jul 02, 2013
Is he among the Dangote graduate trainee drivers?

The cause of the accident according to this story was not the driver"s fault however he became guilty after trying to escape.lucky him he wasn"t apprehended in ALUU.

1 Like

Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 02, 2013
lol I'm laughing because I'm not surprised loooool

1 Like

Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 02, 2013
Dangote Graduate Drivers (Executive Logistics) grin grin grin
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by 80million1: 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
#80million:
i don catch u today.
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by sucreblazing(m): 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
Na God catch am!!!
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by sylve11: 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
My sympathy to the injured ones. . .as for the driver, dont worry pains shall surely catch up wit. u cool
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by stolenstone: 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
aboki! Anu npam

1 Like

Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
specialguest: Is he among the Dangote graduate trainee drivers?
YES. YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by zuma4k(m): 4:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
Wtf!!!
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by wandeay: 4:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
I hope no life was lost
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by bamac(m): 4:56pm On Jul 02, 2013
Dnt 4gt dat No matter hw educated a man may b there wl stl b a moment of illiteracy.
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2013
Most of the trailer driver are very heartless and wicked,when they are on the high way they behaves like a small god and they don't care about other road users.
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by specialguest(f): 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2013
stevo4shiz:
YES. YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?

Were you their tutor?
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by gluv01(f): 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2013
Ignorance is bad...He caused some serious injuries and attempted to escape...
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by yuzedo: 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2013
This is just SAD!
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by Lordave: 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
Going by the name of the Truck driver and his passengers, I'm not suprised by what happened.
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by LeStylo: 5:01pm On Jul 02, 2013
nedu2000: I thought the Dangote group trained graduate drivers ,I guess insanity isn't a function of educational class
Dangote had not fully relieved old drivers of their responsibility. It cannot be done overnight.
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by rozayx5(m): 5:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
specialguest:

Were you their tutor?

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2013
nedu2000: I thought the Dangote group trained graduate drivers ,I guess insanity isn't a function of educational class
The Umar of a man graduated from school of terrorism.
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 02, 2013
As far as shewa is concerned,i am not seeing a human being,i am only seeing an animal pretending to be a man.that is exactly how those trailer and tanker drivers behave.

About a year ago i was driving along reedem camp area heading to ibadan and there was a trailer behind me attempting to overtake me and the road was narrow.so while trying to overtake with full speed he destroyed my side mirror, as i was still trying to get down from my car to meet him,his tankerfell over and crashed.i didnt even bother challenging him again,i just got into the car and drove off.of which prior to him attemptimg to overtake me other road users have been warning him about his reckless speeding.i discovered accidentally one day when i passed a garage where all this trailer drivers always park to smoke indian hemp that this people will smoke and sniff before driving thats why they usually behave like sub humans when they drive

i wish this trailer driver was lynched.the thing for sweet me

1 Like

Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 02, 2013
Seriously, Dangote drivers need serious re-training, if not total overhaul. Its appearing that almost 80% of truck accidents involve a Dangote truck

5 Likes

Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by Anniettieufia(m): 5:28pm On Jul 02, 2013
You see?
On trying to escape an incident of an accident, that was not your fault you cause more accidents .

Why don't you wait to solve a little problem which i do know will not affect Mr. DANGOTTE's WALLET in any form.

UNLESS , i guess your despatched station was illegaly signed .
A N O T H E R L E S S O N .

2 Likes

Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by Blackteeth(m): 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2013
Is he not among the Dangote graduate truck drivers? Graduate truck drivers indeed. No difference with agbero truck drivers.
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by gistin123: 5:32pm On Jul 02, 2013
Umar and the three others, who identified themselves as Iliasu, Sumaila and Talihu

Are we sure they are not BH guys?

Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by jessyrichy(f): 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2013
I hope they catch him to buy them new cars
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 02, 2013
This dangote truck drivers are becoming reckless,i saw an accident caused by one of its trucks at asaba,it luked like a scene from a horror movie,people sliced to bits like easter chicken
Re: Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident by ConcernMan: 5:43pm On Jul 02, 2013
Ok Now

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . / Adeola Dada Is Missing / Ladies Only: I Am The Most Handsome Guy In The History Of Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.