Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,354 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:11 AM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) (33825 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Flirtyfemi: 8:51am On Jul 02, 2013
Days ago I told you guys that John Kumuyi had tendered a letter of apology to the Deeper Life Church, well he truly has! During a programme last weekend at one of the Deeper Life Churches in Lagos, the host pastor read out a letter of apology from John and Love Kumuyi addressed to the overall Church Secretary and directed to the church leadership and members, stating that they took full responsibility for any controversy arising out of their wedding.
Read the full text of the letter and see the video (from 3.00) below.

[b] June 22nd, 2013,
The Church Secretary,
Deeper Christain Life Ministry

LETTER OF APOLOGY

John and Love Kumuyi, write to express our deepest and most sincere apology for the turn of events, that have resulted on our traditional and wedding ceremonies, that took place in Jamaica on 13th June and 15th June, 2013 respectively.

We unreservedly and wholeheartedly state, that we did not intend that our acts or omissions will in any way undermine the great works that God has done through the Deeper Christian Life Ministry Worldwide and more specifically , through our Father in the Lord, the General Superintendent (GS).

We also use this medium to profusely and sincerely apologies to the general superintendent for the embarrassment and heartaches our actions have caused him, more so that he had earlier declined to be at the events.

We acknowledge that we may have been distracted by cultural differences, as both of us have been outside the country for the past two decades. This notwithstanding, we fully accept that having being nurtured, taught and brought up with the sound teaching of the word of God, we should have been able to draw the line, which we failed to do.

We have now realized the effects of our actions and omission and do plead with the church for forgiveness and also appealing that any action that should be taken be directed at John and Love, as we take this time to prayerfully reflect on our actions.

We take full responsibility for what happened, and this action should in no way be blamed on the GS, or the leaders of the church in Nigeria, United States, Jamaica or United Kingdom and beyond.

Yours Sincerely,

John and Love Kumuyi[/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTx9u0ygm1M

http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/07/videofull-text-of-john-and-love-kumuyis.html
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Anyi3(m): 9:05am On Jul 02, 2013
so it was true....smh
I hereby modify this post to insert FIRST TO COMMENT!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Prowizy2(m): 9:06am On Jul 02, 2013
Kumuyi's son got married in Jamaica.. Soundz like raggae to me.. #Anyway what did dey do?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by HARDEYLEKE(m): 9:08am On Jul 02, 2013
the both of them are under suspension!! Nice one..my father in d Lord... Pst Kumuyi

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by nnadychuks(m): 9:15am On Jul 02, 2013
thats good afterall deeper life members 2 dey brag dem dey criticise pastors and members of other churches, now dem go still keep quiet small. ;Dthats good afterall deeper life members 2 dey brag dem dey criticise pastors and members of other churches, now dem go still keep quiet small.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by nnadychuks(m): 9:17am On Jul 02, 2013
mtcheeew good deeper life members with their big big skirts and gowns, see what happened now

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by tomakint: 1:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
Wao, like Pastor Tunde Bakare will always say, "let man be man and God be God" His standard remains the Bible and the counterfeit is the 'Doctrines of Men'! A Pastor, Bishop, Imam, or any highly placed Clergy no matter his or her Spiritual Inclinations must always remember they were human first!

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by konn: 1:57pm On Jul 02, 2013
this one na medicine after death o but anyway u cannot throw away the baby and the bath water. apology accepted

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 02, 2013
buh i still dont see wah the couples did wrong

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by shiftmarket(m): 1:58pm On Jul 02, 2013
It takes humility to ask for forgiveness. You don't have to agree with their system but for those who feel aggrieved, he has apologized.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by sexymoma(f): 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2013
shebi wan M.U.M.U eyewitness talk say her dressing was Photoshop... some poeple ehn they will just come to a social network and start blabbbing. oya mek una come defend una sef now o.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by antartica(m): 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hypocrisy of the highest order. They are what Jesus meant when he used the term "trying to cover light with bushels".
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
Alryt, we've heard. But can you pls strive to make eternity with Christ rather than being preoccupied with pleasing mortals and in good standind with them.

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by ifyalways(f): 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
Lmao at the bold,sheer display of mans self inflicted bondage.
Not that I care 'bout the couple,yada yada but why apologize for clothes I "intentionally" wore and felt good in ?

True religion does not put the soul in bondage!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by dare2think: 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
The fact that they are trying so hard to do damage control, especially when they do not need to, reveals they are well aware that people are beginning to see through the religuous hypocrisy.

Thank heavens for the social media.

Pastors will tell you to have faith when you are sick, but fly off to the best hospital in germany when they have slight headaches.

Tell you to keep off worldly pleasures, but have limos at their children's weddings.

Gods of Men zombies, I salute thee.

9 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by kumbalo(m): 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
Good. At least it wouldn't derail many church members from holding strong what has seemed to be the motto of the church-Holiness.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by PeeDaVinci: 2:12pm On Jul 02, 2013
imo, john and love both know what they were doing when they did it. the know right from time that their church's stance on make-ups, clothes etc is no longer tenable in todays world and their wedding granted them the opportunity to make the statement. i d think they are aware that they are going to be punished for what they were doing but decided to be scape goats all the same in order to pave the way and give other pple who share their opinion but are fearful a voice and a reason to be bold. i think they pretty much achieved that.
and btw, i dont think his apology is from his heart, but he was indirectly pressurized to do that because of the love, respect he has for his father

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by agohavivi(f): 2:12pm On Jul 02, 2013
It takes a great deal of humility and sincerity to tender an apology such as this. I'm really impressed with this couple. To me they did nothing wrong afterall their wedding was modest in all fairness. If they had dressed so poorly they would have been condemned as well. People should learn not to judge and be critical of others rather tolorate and accomodate others.

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Codedrock(m): 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
WHAT THEY DID AINT THAT BADT..
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 02, 2013
Who's talking about the apologies been sincere? Abegee...Na today person dey write letter? I think peeps n fanatics should leave this lovely couple alone.At the end of the day, everyone would speak for themselves n not collectively.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Boss13: 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2013
agoha_vivi: It takes a great deal of humility and sincerity to tender an apology such as this. I'm really impressed with this couple. To me they did nothing wrong afterall their wedding was modest in all fairness. If they had dressed so poorly they would have been condemned as well. People should learn not to judge and be critical of others rather tolorate and accomodate others.

The apology was for damage control. For the bride to dress that way speaks a lot about her personality. Many deeper life members do not have TV at home because their pastor told them not to but I guess John and Love are watching MTV Base live on big screen plasma

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by gentlegg(m): 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2013
I was unimpressed with their actions but am impressed with their apology. I heartily wish them the best in life and beyond.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by iamswizz(m): 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2013
agoha_vivi: It takes a great deal of humility and sincerity to tender an apology such as this. I'm really impressed with this couple. To me they did nothing wrong afterall their wedding was modest in all fairness. If they had dressed so poorly they would have been condemned as well. People should learn not to judge and be critical of others rather tolorate and accomodate others.
it seems u dont understand wat happened.. to the deeperlifers.. they commited a great sin.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2013
why can't these journalists live them to enjoy their honeymoon. ahhhhhhggggggg.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Paschal007: 2:25pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hmm nawo o, this deeper life is a creepy church with weird doctrines. undecided

#What did they do sef?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Paschal007: 2:27pm On Jul 02, 2013
gentlegg: I was unimpressed with their actions but am impressed with their apology. I heartily wish them the best in life and beyond.
What actions biko?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Lilimax(f): 2:27pm On Jul 02, 2013
iamswizz: it seems u dont understand wat happened.. to the deeperlifers.. they commited a great sin.
grin
John and Love Kumuyi have tendered their apology which should be accepted by all Deeper life members while
wishing the couple a blissful union.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by oxygen25: 2:27pm On Jul 02, 2013
Nonsense and rubbish. Are the members mugus? They mentioned cultural differences, but they never did mention it that they know and are aware of the principles, they said they are sorry, but they forgot that they have caused a lotta damage, have they forgotten that they should be role models to others esp. the members. Now they are tendering a letter of apology, medicine after death. To be candid, it is unacceptable cos u guys achieved your aim. Good for you, but one thing that I know is this: it is called hypocrisy, and God hates it, if you know the principles have changed, tell the members, instead of breaking the rule and apologising later.

Since oga at the top pikin could do this, then others should follow suit. Meanwhile, if john could do this when his father is still alive, what will happen, when he(Kumuyi) is gone?

One last thing is this, God is watching us all in 3D.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by HARDEYLEKE(m): 2:27pm On Jul 02, 2013
antartica: Hypocrisy of the highest order. They are what Jesus meant when he used the term "trying to cover light with bushels".

what is he saying?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by kokoye(m): 2:27pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hopefully, we will someday have a personal relationship with our maker..instead of serving and worshipping religion.

Back in the days, some neighbours would not even greet me because I did not go to their church or act like them - they felt I was a sinner because I dressed well and went to work while they spent most of their time in church...of course they didnt have enough to look good or take care of their household. I decided to greet the man one day and he seemed surprised that I greeted him. I asked why he was surprised and he said they assumed that I was not a nice person..for no reason at all - I assume only their church members are nice. Of course the entire family started greeting me since then but they still NEVER tried to invite me to their church. Well...

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Techwriter: 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2013
Noted

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Free Hymn For Redeemed Christian Church Of God (RCCG) / TB Joshua Supports Nigerian Returnees From South Africa With N12M / Bishop Tom Samson Wears Military Outfit To Church (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.