Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% (6043 Views)

President Jonathan's Approval Rating Was 60% In November - NOI Polls / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket / Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by Orikinla(m): 10:21am On Jul 02, 2013
Abuja, Nigeria. July 2nd, 2013

Governance poll results released by NOI Polls Limited for the month of June have revealed that slightly more than 4 in 10 Nigerians (44%) approve the performance of President Goodluck Jonathan for the month of June 2013. This rating has remained constant when compared to last month’s ratings. The results also indicate that 47% of Nigerians rate the performance of the current administration as average. These were the two key findings from the poll conducted in the week of June 24th 2013.

The results presented are the sixth in the monthly series of governance polls conducted by NOI Polls to gauge the opinions and perceptions of Nigerians regarding three crucial elements – the approval rating of the president, the performance of the current administration, and the situation of power supply in the country.

Averages over a six month period show the following statistics; an average of 47% of Nigerians approve of the president’s job performance over the six month period, however GEJ’s approval ratings have declined by 6 points over this period (Jan: 50%, Jun:44%). His approval ratings have been most affected in the months where power supply have been perceived as bad, showing a correlation between how Nigerians perceive his performance and their power supply. His ratings peaked in February at 54% when Nigeria won the African Cup of Nations and dipped at an all-time low to 42% in April, a month where 51% of Nigerians reported their power situation as bad.

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1182013_image0110_10_jpg09280cf081d8415b0d6807af48188742[/img]

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1182014_image0070_5_jpg629e86385f2dcb2c6de4f03c774bf193[/img]

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1182015_image0030_6_jpgd6a8b86e94ede63646f263d4c9520dd1[/img]

http://noi-polls.com/index.php?s_id=3&p_id=240&p_pt=5&pd=1&poll=38#.UdKbrju-pMc

Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by saipn: 3:58pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by Gifted4all(m): 3:58pm On Jul 02, 2013
To me GEJ has scored more than 44% to me he scores 60%.first to comment hahahahahaha
Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
hmmm.... I have nothing to say! lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by Valiantvaliant(m): 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
For an incumbent, not bad...Obama has steadily maintained 46%-50% for the last year so 44% not bad especially with a huge no of neutrals

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
President do nothing!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by Nwaoguta(m): 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2013
whether you like it or not. Jonathan still remain the best president ever and rochas is the worst governor in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by moyin1(f): 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2013
my vote wasnt included.it would have upped the results cos GEJ all the way niiiiiiiiiii. no govt in the history of Nigeria has turned lives around as GEJ administration!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by IDOHOU: 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2013
NOI means NGOZI OKONJO IWEALA. What do u expect, anoda GEJscam

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by KA24DETT(m): 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
A poll can be skewed to show any number you want.
Who are the demographics and were these an actual representation of all the geopolitical parts of the country?
I think 44% Is far fetched .

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by GlorifiedTunde(m): 4:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
Abeg who dash am?! Who be NOI? undecided
Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by SouthernGuy(m): 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2013
How credible are this ratings to start with...
Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by Afritop(m): 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
I CAN GIVE JONATHAN 50%, BUT I WILL WANT HIM TO TAKE A CUE FROM Gov Peter Obi retirement speech-: [b]"The level of greed in Nigeria is overwhelming, where people can’t see the suffering of other people, they are just accumulating wealth, for me, it is time to go.
“I wonder why one person should own a house in Ikoyi, Asokoro, Dubai and he is not using them for anything, people accumulate what they don’t need, it is madness, the level of greed in Nigeria is intolerable.
“I want all of us to be praying for Nigeria, so that God will touch the heart of our leaders to use public money for the people. In Anambra State we have never borrowed money despite all the works we are doing”.
The Governor, who was quite emotional lamented the level of financial waste in government, stressing “the cost of running a governor’s office in Nigeria is too much.
“When I came in as Governor, I discovered that the state had 70 workers in Abuja office, apart from their salary we spend close to 15 million maintaining that office. They have nothing doing there than to come to the airport and welcome me, constituting nuisance, so we re-deployed the workers and closed down the place. Till date, we have not missed them, which means they were really doing nothing there”.
“I urge all of us to pray for greedy people in this country; they are accumulating what they don’t need, stop accumulating things for your children”, he charged politicians, stressing that he had never bought a car for any of his children.
“I have told them to buy cars when they make their money, I have also never celebrated birthday for them. They can do that when they leave my house. We should stop wasting public fund”. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/i-wonder-why-one-person-should-own-a-house-in-ikoyi-asokoro-dubai-obi/[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by wonlasewonimi: 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2013
That's why he has to repeat the class. Let him do another term for improvement.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by lacasa: 4:13pm On Jul 02, 2013
The poll was conductedd by the serving minister of finance's NGO, NOI Polls undecided

#.. Yeah, i can tell it was neutrally ranked undecided

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:15pm On Jul 02, 2013
Eh!
I think GEJ's rating rose in January/February not because of his performance but because Nigerians were happy that the Super Eagles won the AFCON.
Last Bullet: In terms of power supply in my area for the month of June, I ll rate him 45% which is not good.
Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by gistin123: 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
I'm waiting for a detail analysis of this data.

Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by 50calibre(m): 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
First, how was this poll conducted? Online? Because I know Nigeria hasn't got effective ways of gathering statistics.

44% of how many people, how many people took part in the poll, what age range, what tribes, what regions? These are things one needs to know before accepting that 44%

BTW if Jonathan can score 44% (almost half) given the state of affairs in Nigeria, then Ghanaian president will score 95% in Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by sunny63(m): 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2013
I give GEJ 70%.GEJ is d man

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by omenka(m): 4:26pm On Jul 02, 2013
In a country such as ours, such polls realy don't mean anything.

A poll could be conducted a day before an election day, approval ratings of a contestant might be 1% yet he'd win a LANDSLIDE in the election!

That being said, for such an underperforming government, anything above 25% is indeed great news.
Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by atlwireles: 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2013
KA24DETT: A poll can be skewed to show any number you want.
Who are the demographics and were these an actual representation of all the geopolitical parts of the country?

When people can't argue with the facts, they argue with the size of the table. You don't like the numbers, then conduct your own polls.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by osaseyeishere(m): 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2013
The 44% is due to the decline of BOKO Haram decline. The independent study was carried out in June and that number represents the approximate figure for the overall governance in June
Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by yinchar(m): 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2013
Nah wash....
Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
KA24DETT: A poll can be skewed to show any number you want.
U obviously didn't read the article and view the charts.....the demographics and geographical spread was stated,NOI polls been doing this for a while now collaborating with ISPOS polls, a globally respected US pollster
Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by duality(m): 4:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
where did all these take place? coz I did't have any input in the poll. they have to be open with these things na? Tomorrow ACN will publish their own for political reasons and then the polity will be in flames.
Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by joseph1832(m): 4:49pm On Jul 02, 2013
If you write an exam and score below fifty out of a hundred would you say you passed? there's still time for improvement...
Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by succelo: 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2013
Abeg where den see the 44% ?
Who dash am... 44 ko 40 ni as far as am concern is 24%. Make una talk the truth
Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by Delafruita(m): 5:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
atlwireles:

When people can't argue with the facts, they argue with the size of the table. You don't like the numbers, then conduct your own polls.
where are the numbers?is this how polls are conducted?who was polled?what category,location,employment status.age-range etc were polled?
Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by engrhorla(m): 5:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
[quote
author=moyin1]my vote wasnt included.it would have upped the results
cos GEJ all the way niiiiiiiiiii. no govt in the history of Nigeria has
turned lives around as GEJ administration![/quote] Can u pls tell this forum how many democratically elected presidents Naija has had and how many have YOU experienced? Me think your uncle is Alams
Re: Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44% by omiobo: 5:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
This nigeria get problems o! Nothing can be rated good in this country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking:entire Boko Haram Force At Konduga Wiped Out By Army Troops. 400 Killed / Buhari’s Ministerial List Updated. / Biafrans: The Real Enemies Of The Niger Deltans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.