Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,128 members, 7,807,418 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Patience Jonathan Dares Tinubu, Declares Interest In ‘iyaloja’ Post - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Dares Tinubu, Declares Interest In ‘iyaloja’ Post (1655 Views)

Buhari Dares Tinubu, Sacks EFCC Chairman. Pic: Sack Letter / Finally, Jonathan Declares Interest In 2015 Election / BREAKING: GEJ Finally Declares Interest In 2015 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan Dares Tinubu, Declares Interest In ‘iyaloja’ Post by aproko247: 11:51am On Jul 02, 2013
Nigeria’s First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, has dared the former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, over who becomes the true Iyaloja. You may say she has shifted her alleged fight with Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State to Tinubu.

Speaking at a rally at the Aso Rock market, Abuja, Patience challenged the newly installed Iyaloja of Lagos, Folashade Tinubu-Ojo, and her father, for the contest in electing the true Iyaloja. She frowned at the imposition of the Lagos godfather’s daughter on market women in Lagos State.

Patience declared her intention to run as the overall market leader claiming she has discovered that she can’t run for the gubernatorial race in Rivers State, her homestate. The President’s wife said if Tinubu doesn’t adhere to her advice, she would have no other option than to declare herself as the authentic Iyaloja.

In her three-point reason, Mrs Jonathan said, “my fellow market women, after spending 10 days in Rivers State since week before last, I have seen that becoming Rivers governor is not my portion.

“Just like Tinubu’s wife said, becoming governor is not for a soft-hearted woman like me. And me I don’t want to be vice president like Tinubu’s wife because me and Jonah on one ticket would pain Sambo well-well. So that’s why I want to come and be your leader.

“I deserve to be Iyaloja because I am the greatest patroniser of market women. Ask Tinubu’s daughter whether her husband has ever budgeted N1 billion for food. But that’s what my husband spends. So, since I am the one that buys food more than everyone else in this country, I deserve to be Iyaloja.”

Concluding, the First Lady stated that, “all these newspaper people say I talk too much abi?” she got a chorused “yes” from the market women.

She then proceeded by saying, “okay, when I was a children, we used to sing a song in school ‘You talk too much, you talk too much, is here a market place?’ So if market place is the place where they talk too much and me I talk too much then I must become the leader of the market people, not so?” and she got a well sounding “na so” as response.

Source: www.aproko247.com/?p=4491

Do you have a story/gist for us? Kindly send to

story@aproko247.com

or call +2348055590141

or BB: 2835CDD4

Follow us on Twitter: @aproko247
Like us on facebook.com/aproko247
Re: Patience Jonathan Dares Tinubu, Declares Interest In ‘iyaloja’ Post by kkkp: 11:59am On Jul 02, 2013
Na lie abeg

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Dares Tinubu, Declares Interest In ‘iyaloja’ Post by chei: 12:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
Imagine it was your mom who is being lied against and mocked like you're doing now. How would you feel?
Re: Patience Jonathan Dares Tinubu, Declares Interest In ‘iyaloja’ Post by launique: 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
This thread should be closed by the mods. It is not funny and it is not informative. Nonsensical and irrelevant attempt at satire
Re: Patience Jonathan Dares Tinubu, Declares Interest In ‘iyaloja’ Post by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan Dares Tinubu, Declares Interest In ‘iyaloja’ Post by kufre2010: 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
I wil wait until i see a reliable source of this news.
Re: Patience Jonathan Dares Tinubu, Declares Interest In ‘iyaloja’ Post by stebell(m): 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2013
la_unique: This thread should be closed by the mods. It is not funny and it is not informative. Nonsensical and irrelevant attempt at satire
Don't ever dream or think dat dis thread wud be closed by de Mods. Reasons being dat they(the mods) likes it wen de first Lady or Mr. President is insulted in dis forum. The Mods hv shown tyms without number that they hate de persons stated above. I wish Seun is observing some of this threads.
Re: Patience Jonathan Dares Tinubu, Declares Interest In ‘iyaloja’ Post by lacasa: 1:58pm On Jul 02, 2013
She fits that title better than a 1st lady

She resemble yam seller for teju-osho market sef grin
Re: Patience Jonathan Dares Tinubu, Declares Interest In ‘iyaloja’ Post by kunlekunle: 2:09pm On Jul 02, 2013
if she truelly wanna be iyaloja in SW, lagos cant really define that status quo.
Go to oyo or ife, then you're truelly iyaloja in SW
Re: Patience Jonathan Dares Tinubu, Declares Interest In ‘iyaloja’ Post by Desric(m): 2:16pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hey Naija! Must everything become a fight or can't you see that this is just a mere joke? I just dey laf for hong kong sef. This GEJ and Dame sympathisers make una take am easy abi na as dem de talk am say like master like subordinates... Una too like fight and quarrel for una group why na? Na jeje jeje life dey go o.
Re: Patience Jonathan Dares Tinubu, Declares Interest In ‘iyaloja’ Post by iykofias(m): 4:24pm On Jul 02, 2013
Where we I start correctin mrs patience english 4 gods sake (more god's r needed in ds),it was jux too many but d hillarious one dat got me was "when I was a children". She's truly a damn!!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan Dares Tinubu, Declares Interest In ‘iyaloja’ Post by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 02, 2013
Perhaps its when Mr. Osewa gets a filed lawsuit before he'd learn how to moderate his moderators who have showed their ineptitude in moderating some threads... #be careful
Re: Patience Jonathan Dares Tinubu, Declares Interest In ‘iyaloja’ Post by DuduNegro: 5:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
Tell Patience she is already Iyaloja of Aso Rock na. For Yorubaland Iyaloja is a reserve of Yoruba women only. This no be Delta cheesy
Re: Patience Jonathan Dares Tinubu, Declares Interest In ‘iyaloja’ Post by kunlekunle: 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2013
Dudu_Negro: Tell Patience she is already Iyaloja of Aso Rock na. For Yorubaland Iyaloja is a reserve of Yoruba women only. This no be Delta cheesy

better to be coronated as the iyaloja of nigeria
Re: Patience Jonathan Dares Tinubu, Declares Interest In ‘iyaloja’ Post by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2013
LMAO!!! Nice Joke...I must say you had me on the first four paragraphs then I realized it and got back to my senses

(1) (Reply)

Tribalism The Bane Of Nairaland Political Section!!" Give Peace A Chance / Ladoja Attributes Pdp’s Loss To Omisore’s Personality / Here Comes Imperialist America!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.