Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Help Me Check This. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help Me Check This. (587 Views)

Why Is Adsense Not Approving My Blog - Pls Help Me Check / Please Help Me Check This Niche. / @Yawa-ti-de:Please Help Me Check This PHP Mailer To See If The Script Is Correct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Check This. by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:38pm On Jul 02, 2013
A client wants to set up an online video web design tutorials. He asked me to do the website front end for him.
I just finished the homepage now. Check and tell me what you think.

http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/learn
Re: Help Me Check This. by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2013
Well going by your style of design, it is hard to find fault. Not like the sites are perfect though.
I think the color needs to be reduced.
You can also include a section, like replace once of those mid divs with like inline video box as in 5 diff videos of diff stuff on same line in one of the mid div.
Re: Help Me Check This. by nollyj: 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
Nice job

But almost all your works look alike

The top most color in the head region reflects so much in my eyes
The reason 5 thumb-up icon does not have a smooth outline

Personally I think the site is over colorful (it might not be the same with many people)

Good job
Re: Help Me Check This. by GraphicsPlus(m): 5:13pm On Jul 02, 2013
Thank u. But the site is not over-colorful. In UI design, we have hot and cool colors. None of the two is bad. What I did here is just combining hot and cool colors. If u notice, I used only two colors. #ff5000 and #111111. I hardly use more than two colors in my works. My websites are similar? How? Well, most of my websites are based on minimalism and flat ui for now.
Re: Help Me Check This. by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:31pm On Jul 02, 2013
nollyj:
The reason 5 thumb-up icon does not have a smooth outline

Yes. I noticed it. I was hoping the icons will land on a white background, but later it turned out that the background will no longer be white. But I have changed it. I also changed the location of the nav bar and added small jquery effect to it.

Talking about #ff5000 been too shouty, check this website: http://www.plstudios.com/

What matters is how does the colors blend. Is there a color riot?
Re: Help Me Check This. by yawatide(f): 8:41pm On Jul 02, 2013
Did I miss something? All I see is a CSS-less version of the page (all text, no styles applied)
Re: Help Me Check This. by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
Did I miss something? All I see is a CSS-less version of the page (all text, no styles applied)

@Yawa, check again. I did some correction and re-uploaded. Maybe you just entered when the style.css was still uploading.
Funny.
Re: Help Me Check This. by nollyj: 8:51pm On Jul 02, 2013
@GraphicsPlus, I think I said personally in my previous comment because when I look at that color for a few seconds my eyes can't focus anymore. May be it is a problem with my eyes.

Why is the featured banner above the logo? It think it will make more sense to leave the logo at the top then you can leave your navigation bar where users can easily spot it.
Re: Help Me Check This. by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:51pm On Jul 02, 2013
This is the screenshot.

Re: Help Me Check This. by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
nollyj: Why is the featured banner above the logo? It think it will make more sense to leave the logo at the top then you can leave your navigation bar where users can easily spot it.

Did you check the site again? Scroll. The navbar will stick. At first before a user scroll, i think the header images will not distract him from seeing the logo and the three nav links at the right because the header image is not cluttered. Just one sentence. And you can see that 'Sign Up' is in bold which is meant to draw attention of new users.
Re: Help Me Check This. by nollyj: 8:57pm On Jul 02, 2013
I am talking about the default position of the logo. I know that when you scroll down it will get to the top and fix itself there. I just think the default position is a bit low.

It could have been better if only the navigation is there
Re: Help Me Check This. by GraphicsPlus(m): 9:01pm On Jul 02, 2013
I dont think so. The user didnt come to look at the logo. First, we want him to read the phrase at header image. Then scroll up to read the sentence on white color on a dark bg. Then when the navbar sticks, it will draw his attention and he will see 'Sign Up' standing out and begging to be clicked.
Re: Help Me Check This. by adewasco2k(m): 9:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
So funny the first thing i checked was the responsiveness and woooo surprisingly its not well done...guess you still working on it...i tried to reduce the with of my browser and some of the images were responsive while some were not so the designed got messed up.

As i have said, i know you still working on it
Re: Help Me Check This. by GraphicsPlus(m): 9:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
adewasco2k: So funny the first thing i checked was the responsiveness and woooo surprisingly its not well done...guess you still working on it...i tried to reduce the with of my browser and some of the images were responsive while some were not so the designed got messed up.

As i have said, i know you still working on it

Yah. Still working on it. To make it responsive will not take me more than 30 minutes.
Re: Help Me Check This. by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:56pm On Jul 02, 2013
Check again: http://ctrlshiftstudios.com/learn/

I think it's responsive now.
Re: Help Me Check This. by adewasco2k(m): 6:31am On Jul 03, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Check again: http://ctrlshiftstudios.com/learn/

I think it's responsive now.
yes, perfectly done
Re: Help Me Check This. by greenmouse(m): 3:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
@graphic plus, your design looks similar most times, try to change your design concept.
Re: Help Me Check This. by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:24pm On Jul 03, 2013
greenmouse: @graphic plus, your design looks similar most times, try to change your design concept.

Ok sir.

I just finished this in photoshop now. Will code it next week. How do you see it? This will be the home page.

Re: Help Me Check This. by yawatide(f): 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
To Whom It May Concern:

1) Responsiveness implies simplicity. A website is about its content and not all the kitchen sink, "I wan show dem say I sabi code" things that we do extra. Sure, I want to see an attractive site but if it deters me from my main objective, what's the point?

2) In Nigeria, Coca-cola has been producing soft drinks in the same old bottle since before I was born, while I was growing up and even today. Why don't you complain about how the bottle is similar or how it tastes the same? It's called branding. When was the last time you saw an advert for Coke or Nike? You want to know why you rarely see one? Don't get me wrong, they will advertise now and then but it's not like they are crazy about it. They are ingrained in your mind. You can probably distinguish b/w a coke and a pepsi bottle, based on the unique bottle design. My point? OP has his own style, you have yours and I have mine. Concentrate on the layout, content, colors and features.
Re: Help Me Check This. by sisqology(m): 6:24am On Jul 04, 2013
*passes by*

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Freelancing Jobs / Web Design / Get Fiver, Mini Importatiƶn + 2000 Original Facebook Likes, 100%practical

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.