Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,934 members, 7,799,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law (61468 Views)

2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Rizmo(m): 10:43pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hourglass4real: Members don't be fooled,I suggest u all start doing d same thing. Mak ur weddng beautiful,wear nice gown and light make-up as she did, apologize latr... D GO ws present@ dat weddng,he lined up,snapd pictures... Al dis ones they r saying now is story. Instead of them abolishing d useless rule aftr wht happend,they r busy making sure no one else follows his son's nd DL footsteps. Hypocrisy
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by dammygoody(m): 10:43pm On Jul 02, 2013
I love dat wonderful move,i trust daddy Kumuyi,he won't change anythin evn at d expense of his blood..GOD bless u daddy.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by DeeperdanNY: 10:43pm On Jul 02, 2013
frosbel:
It is not the old time religion, it is the religion of the self righteousness Pharisees !!smiley

Frosbel how many times do I have to tell you that I am Deeper Life proper and my father is Deeperlife #1 and we are happy about it. But you are neither here nor there and so ashamed of your master. There will never again be a time for a debate between light and darkness. I know you were already preparing to welcome John and Love to your GLBHT group. You told me that you are married man but there are different type of marriages nowadays o. Sorry for your loss, As a Church we have a RESPONSIBILITY to pull our members out of the fire. You don't have to like it but too bad and too late

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 02, 2013
Kaysalas: hey u... Ur post shows how 'shallow' a christian u are(no insults intended, jst stating d obvious truth) dts if u are a xtian @ all. To answer ur question: genesis 35:1-5,read to d end if u like, 1 thimothy 2:9(pls read it 3 or 4 times for better understanding) also read to d end if u like. I say ds because i no wan make anybody tell me ur favourite line of defense:'u are quoting out of context'.
be deceiving yourself and quoting bible out of context.i suppose your chirch members will tell you the day and time to have sex with your wife,the state or country you will go for your honeymoon and you shouldnt have television in your sitting room and bedroom because 't.v is the devils box'. the awards some of you get and the chairs and doors you use is made of gadamn steel.even jesus said we should follow the laws of God instead of the doctrines of men.please is it mens approval that will make you please God or what God says.smh :/

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Goke7: 10:44pm On Jul 02, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

Goke Boko Haram sympathizer, I see that event made your heart rejoice. We do not carry sword as your master. We know, talk about and walk in the way of peace which you do not know

What a shallow life you have there,shallow Danny or whatever you call yourself if you are walking in the way of peace, then leave John and Love's Marriage to commence in peace. And who are you to condemn or pass judgement over me or others,

There is therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus [Rom 8:1] Grow up and become more like Christ and follow peace with all men, when you do this, you will become better in making comments here.

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by titileps: 10:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
But how did the church hear about the controversy? Afterall they are not suppose to be on any social network nor watch TV. Well its only God that knows the true acceptable worship mode. We're only trying

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by slimyem: 10:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
Deeper life leaders are new generation Pharisees and Saducees.

4 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by slimyem: 10:46pm On Jul 02, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

Frosbel how many times do I have to tell you that I am Deeper Life proper and my father is Deeperlife #1 and we are happy about it. But you are neither here nor there and so ashamed of your master. There will never again be a time for a debate between light and darkness. I know you were already preparing to welcome John and Love to your GLBHT group. You told me that you are married man but there are different type of marriages nowadays o. Sorry for your loss, As a Church we have a RESPONSIBILITY to pull our members out of the fire. You don't have to like it but too bad and too late
you are sounding like a m0ron. #no offence#
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by jmoore(m): 10:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
This is preposterous.

Jesus came to give us life in its abundance and not bondage.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

I follow JESUS and not MEN, the CHURCH has ONE LEADER and he is Christ , the rest of us are BRETHREN, except of course the Diotrepheses, who like to have the pre-eminence - 3 John 1:9

"And you will not be called Leaders, because one is your Leader, The Messiah." - Matthew 23:10

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
nedu2000: Nice move my the church!!kudos...keeping to their doctrines without sentiments or compromise

Glad i left your church as soon as i turned 18 ....... Bye bye to the backward lifestyle. Bunch of hypocrites !

5 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Rizmo(m): 10:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
U truely are a bad influence to d christendom. U can't deceive any saved deeper lifer with ur impaired christian vision....
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 02, 2013
Rizmo: U truely are a bad influence to d christendom. U can't deceive any saved deeper lifer with ur impaired christian vision....

Is it about Christ or Deeperlife ?

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by rezzy: 10:49pm On Jul 02, 2013
noblebright: Guy bible says dnt apply makups n even ask u not to wore neckles nor ringg are you sure that you hav atend church before, i do't blame you because you do atend come as you are church n i don't even know your problm about this thing self

abeg, bible reference.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by dare2think: 10:52pm On Jul 02, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

After writing the above, I'm sure your church bondage will be proud of you.

Pathetic hypocrites, your kind and your hypocritical church give religion a bad name.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Rizmo(m): 10:52pm On Jul 02, 2013
[quote author=Rizmo][/quote]
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 02, 2013
I don't know why y'all are abusing the church's leadership. They have a doctrine and it does not look like John was forced to have his wedding at the church. They have done the right thing imo.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Rick9(m): 10:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
olokfor: John Kumuyi, one of the sons of the General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, and his now-wife, Love, were suspended by the leadership of the aforementioned church and banned from carrying out any activity in this church. The decision is grounded by the recent controversy over the couple’s wedding in Jamaica.

It would be recalled that John and Love wedded in Jamaica on 15 June, 2013, only toreceive thousands negative comments from members of the church. Many condemned the wedding gown worn by the wife-to be, also other aspects of the wedding that were at variance with the church’s standards.
Love’s attires turned out to differ from the conventional ones set for Deeper Life members. Lots of people noticed her hair wasn’t “natural” and that she applied lipstick as part of the make-up.

A limousine hired to deliver the couple
to their destination after the wedding, a huge cake that was served at the ceremony were contraryto the church’s tradition.
The church leaders decided to place the coupleon suspension to give them time to pray and seek forgiveness from God for theiraction, following countless comments on social media and by the members of Deeper Life.

John and Love’s suspension from church activities was announced last Saturday, at Deeper Life’s monthly Miracle and Revival Programme, held at the Deeper Life Conference Centre (DLCC), Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. The news was delivered by PastorPhilip Oluwi, a key leader in the church, who obviously was following the instructions from the General Superintendent of the church, Pastor WilliamKumuyi. Oluwi stressed that thestandard of Deeper Life regarding wedding and moderacy had not changed.
“The church, Deeper Life, remains committed to the biblical practice and standard of almost 40 years Christian dressing and still remains and does not compromise on biblical Christian dressing.

“Hence, deviation warrants the displeasure and frown of God and the leadership of the church. John and Love are now under discipline,” Oluwi announced to the entire congregation.

The couple has already apologised to the church for the inappropriate way the wedding was conducted. The letter was readby Oluwi and re-read several times to churchmembers by the Church’s Secretary, Pastor Jerry Asemota. The letter, addressed to the Church Secretary and titled ‘Letter of Apology,’ expressed the deepest regret of the couple for bringing the church into disrepute.

Moreover, further investigation has revealed that John and Love’s wedding was not conducted in a Deeper Life Bible Church. It wasalso not conducted by pastors from the church, as Deeper Life Bible Church in Jamaica has not been licensed by the country’s government to join couples in wedlock, according to the laws of Jamaica.

The wedding was taken to another church where the ministers in the unnamed church conducted the wedding and joined them in holy matrimony.
Deeper Life leaders that came from Nigeria were said to have disapproved of the earlier gown Love was to wear for the wedding, while another was hurriedly sewed the night before the wedding.

Church leaders were said not to have seen the new dress until the couple was marchinginto the church and by then, it was too late to take any action as the wedding was not conducted in a deeper life church

SOURCE- www.metronaija.com/deeper-life-suspends-kumuyis-son-daughter-in-law/

k
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
Kaysalas: hey u... Ur post shows how 'shallow' a christian u are(no insults intended, jst stating d obvious truth) dts if u are a xtian @ all. To answer ur question: genesis 35:1-5,read to d end if u like, 1 thimothy 2:9(pls read it 3 or 4 times for better understanding) also read to d end if u like. I say ds because i no wan make anybody tell me ur favourite line of defense:'u are quoting out of context'.
gen 35 God was using jwelriesto represent idols.as of that time they worshipped idols made of steel and God asked them to put it away so how can you now be misconstuing the bible to suit man made doctrines as for 1st timothy 2.9 did i not state earlier that the bible emphasizes modesty.so how does wearing of necklace,dressing your hari and making up simply immodest,fanatic :/ the frames,fans,phone cases,flower vases you use are made of what,didirin :/

4 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by emorse(m): 10:56pm On Jul 02, 2013
fresh_dude: While I shake my head at the church's doctrine and practices, I'd say John and Love are being mature about the whole thing. Matters like this could tear the church up, the Kumuyis are too visible to play in the mud of scandal and sensation.
In John's place though, I would serve suspension after which I would leave the church. Afterall, na my papa hustle. No honour biting the finger(s) that fed me.
Ya head is there. And e correct die!
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by ifihear(m): 10:58pm On Jul 02, 2013
Weren't both parents present at the wedding?
Wasn't Papa K even smiling at the camera as the photographers clicked away?
Why didn't he there and then show his disapproval and insist the 'new hurriedly sewn gown" be worn?
If both couples attended DLBC why would they then move their wedding to Jamaica knowing fully well that the country's branch do not have the veto to wed them?
Abegi dere's more to this story than meets the eye...

ALL na wash..they have wedded..they have wedded..make everybody bone matter.

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by dare2think: 10:58pm On Jul 02, 2013
naijababe: I don't know why y'all are abusing the church's leadership. They have a doctrine and it does not look like John was forced to have his wedding at the church. They have done the right thing imo.

They have done the right thing? how?

The general overseer was present at the wedding, church leaders were present.

At the reception, they all ate rice and chicken and rejoiced.

After a media exposure of the contrast between the average member's wedding and the GO'S son's wedding,some weeks later, they suspend the couple.

The whole organisation stinks of hypocrisy

8 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by UyiIredia(m): 10:59pm On Jul 02, 2013
ifeness:

Glad i left your church as soon i turned 18 ....... Bye bye to the backward lifestyle. Bunch of hypocrites !

Them Deeper Lifer's probably confess for the sin of marital $ex.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Kaysalas(m): 10:59pm On Jul 02, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

The CHURCH that matters is the CHURCH of Christ LED by Jesus Christ , the Son of the living GOD.

We are led by the Spirit not by the whims and subjective ideologies of MEN.

"For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God." - Romans 8;14
i love ur post. Bt pls, kindly re-read ur post n answer ds? Who r those qualified 2 b in dt church? I wanna presume those dt keep his commands i guess? Kindly read john 14v23 n pls be a lil objective
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by ndiyeauwa: 11:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

It is the old time religion and its good enough for me.............

Old time "re-pocrisy"
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Kaysalas(m): 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

The CHURCH that matters is the CHURCH of Christ LED by Jesus Christ , the Son of the living GOD.

We are led by the Spirit not by the whims and subjective ideologies of MEN.

"For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God." - Romans 8;14
i like ur post, particularly d 'led by Jesus' part. However, pls who is qualified to be in dt church of christ? Those who keep his commands. Kindly read john 14v23
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
dare2think:

After writing the above, I'm sure your church bondage will be proud of you.

Pathetic hypocrites, your kind and your hypocritical church give religion a bad name.
honestly.if they say such a wedding is too flamboyant and wordly,why dont they go and live in a mud house where nature is the other of the day,no acess to phones,laptops,internet,t.v etc since it is wordly and were made by atheists :/
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by DeeperdanNY: 11:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
dammytosh: I love the lady.

She must have seen the masquerade mode of dressing by the 'deeper life' ladies as something else. Who dress like that to marry in this 21st century. It is high time churches start placing priorities on the important things. Of what use is a Masquerade dress for a 'sister' that out of church shame has done several abortions. No wonder their husbands patronizes prostitu..... Nothing hot at home. Hey Sweety, be on panties, i will be home soon. undecided

As a mark of respect to the Church authority John and Love did the right and the noble thing. And why do you cry more than Deeperlife, It is our children and our business. And you have a choice and a decision to make very quickly too like the Angels told lot, escape for your life from this present Sodom. If you don't you'll beg John and Love on the last day to plead with father Abraham on your behalf, but alas turned away from the beautiful gate
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
dare2think:

They have done the right thing? how?

The general overseer was present at the wedding, church leaders were present.

At the reception, they all ate rice and chicken and rejoiced.

After a media exposure of the contrast between the average member's wedding and the GO'S son's wedding,some weeks later, they suspend the couple.

The whole organisation stinks of hypocrisy

Oh! I didn't have all the facts o, I guess it all seem like some attempt to be seen to be doing something
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Rizmo(m): 11:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hourglass4real: Members don't be fooled,I suggest u all start doing d same thing. Mak ur weddng beautiful,wear nice gown and light make-up as she did, apologize latr... D GO ws present@ dat weddng,he lined up,snapd pictures... Al dis ones they r saying now is story. Instead of them abolishing d useless rule aftr wht happend,they r busy making sure no one else follows his son's nd DL footsteps. Hypocrisy
So hw is this your business?
U truely are a bad influence to christendom. Note dat u can't corrupt d mind of a genuine saved deeper lifer.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by kufre2010: 11:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
Rubbish, what of members that get television (the devil's box) nau. They should suspend them.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by princesammmy: 11:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
THATS WHY BLACKS ARE ALWAYS BACKWARD. CAUSE INSTEAD OF ÇREATING IDEAS THEY ARE ALWAYS BUSY TAlKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLES PROBLEM, Just remember Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Bull Baal Worship: Should Christians Withdraw From Future Commonwealth Games? / Man Donates His Family House To Christ Embassy, Family About To Be Thrown Out / The True Sin In The Garden Of Eden: Eve Slept With Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.