Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) (13571 Views)

Guys,if You're To Pick One,which One Will You Pick? Front Or Back?(pic) / Can You Donate One Of Your Kidneys To Your Love If They Need It? / Pick One Nd She's Yours! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by kolamilan(m): 11:30pm On Jul 02, 2013
Say you were at a point where you could either become extremely successful, or have the girl/guy of your dreams. Which would you choose? So my question is this: Would you rather be extremely wealthy and successful (remember this will give you a lot of freedom to do whatever you want). But you end up with someone that you don't feel a deep connection to.
Or
Not be very successful, but find a soulmate that you connect with on many levels. You're relationship is awesome, but you have to deal with struggling to pay bills, lack of status, etc.
Which would you rather choose?

1 Like

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by OmoAlata1(f): 11:32pm On Jul 02, 2013
I have the worst luck when it comes to relationship so I will choose wealth. I don't have time for the wahala of relationship

5 Likes

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 02, 2013
Wealth
Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by Preceedo(m): 11:36pm On Jul 02, 2013
Both.....there is no law in lyf dat states we hav to choose one[i]Both.....there is no law in lyf dat states we hav to choose one[/i]Both.....there is no law in lyf dat states we hav to choose one

4 Likes

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by Enegod(m): 11:39pm On Jul 02, 2013
smh
Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
Preceedo: Both.....there is no law in lyf dat states we hav to choose one[i]Both.....there is no law in lyf dat states we hav to choose one[/i]Both.....there is no law in lyf dat states we hav to choose one
yes we know, but theoretically speaking?
Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by kolamilan(m): 12:00am On Jul 03, 2013
ibkaye: Wealth
you know that money cannnot buy true love. Also it lasts longer than wealth, and gives one peace of mind and true happiness. Wealth can create a lot of stress, worries, envy, jealousy, depression,even suicide,etc.

1 Like

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by kolamilan(m): 12:07am On Jul 03, 2013
Enegod: smh
What is it that is making you to shake your head. Abi you get headache.

2 Likes

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 03, 2013
Omo_Alata: I have the worst luck when it comes to relationship so I will choose wealth. I don't have time for the wahala of relationship
You will still have gone for the wealth either way. #Women nd Money. I'll go for the Wealth too self sha grin
Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 03, 2013
kolamilan: you know that money cannnot buy true love. Also it lasts longer than wealth, and gives one peace of mind and true happiness. Wealth can create a lot of stress, worries, envy, jealousy, depression,even suicide,etc.
No doubt but I'd still rather wealth
Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by OmoAlata1(f): 12:17am On Jul 03, 2013
femcruz:
You will still have gone for the wealth either way. #Women nd Money. I'll go for the Wealth too self sha grin

lol this is not about women and money. Everyone loves money. I am not ashamed to say i love money but I love to make my own money though

1 Like

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by Mato007: 12:19am On Jul 03, 2013
Love will cum later wealth first(better soup na money kill am)

1 Like

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by Enegod(m): 12:22am On Jul 03, 2013
kolamilan: What is it that is making you to shake your head. Abi you get headache.
lol..those girls commenting here haven't experience real love that why they r shouting wealth wealth!!

2 Likes

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by Enegod(m): 12:26am On Jul 03, 2013
to the topic
i will choose love......but I would give up love
if it meant living in absolute, starvation-
level poverty.
Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 03, 2013
Enegod: lol..those girls commenting here haven't experience real love that why they r shouting wealth wealth!!
I 'real' love all my Chanels

But on a serious note, both would be great but love aint payin' no bills son

1 Like

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by kolamilan(m): 12:33am On Jul 03, 2013
Enegod: lol..those girls commenting here haven't experience real love that why they r shouting wealth wealth!!
no i wont blame them you know that Wealthy people are generally happier. A person who is more established and comfortable with his/her lot in life will probably have an easier time finding someone. It makes sense that people would be attracted to someone who is happy and who is a positive influence, which means that perhaps wealth can be a facilitator for finding love.

3 Likes

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by Enegod(m): 12:44am On Jul 03, 2013
kolamilan: no i wont blame them you know that Wealthy people are generally happier. A person who is more established and comfortable with his/her lot in life will probably have an easier time finding someone. It makes sense that people would be attracted to someone who is happy and who is a positive influence, which means that perhaps wealth can be a facilitator for finding love.
love can also bring wealth...do you disagree with that?

1 Like

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by kolamilan(m): 12:44am On Jul 03, 2013
Omo_Alata:

lol this is not about women and money. Everyone loves money. I am not ashamed to say i love money but I love to make my own money though
you can't compare it with Having someone who would be quite interesting to you, as well as someone whom you could trust with your life if need be? And upon whom you could rely without feeling as if you were overstepping your boundaries.
Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by OmoAlata1(f): 12:46am On Jul 03, 2013
kolamilan: you can't compare it with Having someone who would be quite interesting to you, as well as someone whom you could trust with your life if need be? And upon whom you could rely without feeling as if you were overstepping your boundaries.

I think all your just wrote is a fairytale, It doesn't exist. With wealth, I can do a lot

1 Like

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by kolamilan(m): 12:47am On Jul 03, 2013
Enegod: love can also bring wealth...do you disagree with that?
yes, I can start focusing on my interests and hobbies once I have sufficient wealth. What can you do with love? ...

2 Likes

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by kolamilan(m): 12:52am On Jul 03, 2013
Enegod: love can also bring wealth...do you disagree with that?
Also, wealthy people would have a greater chance finding love do you also disagree with that?

1 Like

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by Enegod(m): 1:08am On Jul 03, 2013
kolamilan: yes, I can start focusing on my interests and hobbies once I have sufficient wealth. What can you do with love? ...
"A woman came out of her house and saw
3 old men with long white beards sitting
in her front yard. She did not recognize
them. She said "I don't think I know you,
but you must be hungry. Please come in
and have something to eat." "Is the man
of the house home?", they asked. "No",
she replied. "He's out." "Then we cannot
come in", they replied. In the evening
when her husband came home, she told
him what had happened. "Go tell them I
am home and invite them in!" The
woman went out and invited the men in.
"We do not go into a House together,"
they replied. "Why is that?" she asked.
One of the old men explained: "His name
is Wealth," he said pointing to one of his
friends, and said pointing to another one,
"He is Success, and I am Love." Then he
added, "Now go in and discuss with your
husband which one of us you want in your
home." The woman went in and told her
husband what was said. Her husband was
overjoyed. "How nice!!", he said. "Since
that is the case, let us invite Wealth. Let
him come and fill our home with wealth!"
His wife disagreed. "My dear, why don't
we invite Success?" Their daughter-in-law
was listening from the other corner of the
house. She jumped in with her own
suggestion: "Would it not be better to
invite Love? Our home will then be filled
with love!" "Let us heed our daughter-in-
law's advice," said the husband to his
wife. "Go out and invite Love to be our
guest." The woman went out and asked
the 3 old men, "Which one of you is Love?
Please come in and be our guest." Love
got up and started walking toward the
house. The other 2 also got up and
followed him. Surprised, the lady asked
Wealth and Success: "I only invited Love,
Why are you coming in?" The old men
replied together: "If you had invited
Wealth or Success, the other two of us
would've stayed out, but since you
invited Love, wherever He goes, we go
with him. Wherever there is Love, there
is also Wealth and Success!!!!!!"

23 Likes

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by Enegod(m): 1:21am On Jul 03, 2013
kolamilan: Also, wealthy people would have a greater chance finding love do you also disagree with that?
yes
lemme take you as an example..You are
rich. You love a person, but she is
poor... Here the question comes: how do
you know, if this person loves you indeed
or is just with you for money? this
question will be your shadow all your life?
You will probably do a
lot of testing to see if the person you
married is really faithful and really loves
you....you see,wealthy people don't find love easily...

6 Likes

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by kolamilan(m): 1:36am On Jul 03, 2013
Enegod: "A woman came out of her house and saw
3 old men with long white beards sitting
in her front yard. She did not recognize
them. She said "I don't think I know you,
but you must be hungry. Please come in
and have something to eat." "Is the man
of the house home?", they asked. "No",
she replied. "He's out." "Then we cannot
come in", they replied. In the evening
when her husband came home, she told
him what had happened. "Go tell them I
am home and invite them in!" The
woman went out and invited the men in.
"We do not go into a House together,"
they replied. "Why is that?" she asked.
One of the old men explained: "His name
is Wealth," he said pointing to one of his
friends, and said pointing to another one,
"He is Success, and I am Love." Then he
added, "Now go in and discuss with your
husband which one of us you want in your
home." The woman went in and told her
husband what was said. Her husband was
overjoyed. "How nice!!", he said. "Since
that is the case, let us invite Wealth. Let
him come and fill our home with wealth!"
His wife disagreed. "My dear, why don't
we invite Success?" Their daughter-in-law
was listening from the other corner of the
house. She jumped in with her own
suggestion: "Would it not be better to
invite Love? Our home will then be filled
with love!" "Let us heed our daughter-in-
law's advice," said the husband to his
wife. "Go out and invite Love to be our
guest." The woman went out and asked
the 3 old men, "Which one of you is Love?
Please come in and be our guest." Love
got up and started walking toward the
house. The other 2 also got up and
followed him. Surprised, the lady asked
Wealth and Success: "I only invited Love,
Why are you coming in?" The old men
replied together: "If you had invited
Wealth or Success, the other two of us
would've stayed out, but since you
invited Love, wherever He goes, we go
with him. Wherever there is Love, there
is also Wealth and Success!!!!!!"
what you typed there was not based on reality, Love has never tended to last. Wealth does not make you happy, it does make it a lot easier to be happy. Love does make you happy but without money it is usually very short lived. Everyone loves you when you have money - I know from experience. Not many people want to know when you have no money.

7 Likes

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by Nobody: 4:58am On Jul 03, 2013
Love. Being wealthy and finding someone who loves you for you is more difficult than being in love and finding success. When you're with someone you genuinely love and that person reciprocates it, no river is too wide to cross. One would be motivated to work to provide for the other.

2 Likes

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by kolamilan(m): 8:07am On Jul 03, 2013
ogugua88: Love. Being wealthy and finding someone who loves you for you is more difficult than being in love and finding success. When you're with someone you genuinely love and that person reciprocates it, no river is too wide to cross. One would be motivated to work to provide for the other.
You're absolutely right but you know that It's impossible to have wealth without love...someone will always love you even if it's only for your money.
Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by Enegod(m): 8:10am On Jul 03, 2013
kolamilan: someone will always love you even if it's only for your money.
that's not love
Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by Mynd44: 8:13am On Jul 03, 2013
ibkaye:
yes we know, but theoretically speaking?
Theoretically speaking, thats impossible.

Why should I make a choice when the situation is impossible?

1 Like

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by kolamilan(m): 8:27am On Jul 03, 2013
Enegod: that's not love
Enegod, you know that to live fully, a man must love (have never denied the fact ) and “love is denied expression by poverty.” The reason for this is that love finds it’s most natural expression in giving and in order to give to those we love we must have all the necessities and luxuries of life at our disposal. Besides, how can you hope to help the poor and needy if you yourself are in their shoes? Get rich; that is the best way you can help the poor and the one you love.

1 Like

Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 03, 2013
I'm assuming the poster means we can only have one or the other and that's it btw, not that you have 'love' and then work to be wealthy and successful, vice versa, as in, your can only have one of the given scenarios for the rest of your life, that saying I'd still choose wealth lol

Mynd_44:
Theoretically speaking, thats impossible.

Why should I make a choice when the situation is impossible?

What's impossible?
Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by Biim: 9:06am On Jul 03, 2013
I asked a friend of mine this question sometime ago she choose money and asked me if na love she go chop grin
I would have gone for love before now but right now I am tempted to go for wealth. That thing called love self
Re: Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) by kolamilan(m): 9:18am On Jul 03, 2013
Biim: I asked a friend of mine this question sometime ago she choose love and asked me if na love she go chop grin
I would have gone for love before now but right now I am tempted to go for wealth. That thing called love self
wealth is the main thing because no man can fully express himself or find fulfillment in life if he is in lack. As the book of Proverbs says “the destruction of the poor is their poverty,” but “the rich man’s wealth is his strong city.” Money answers all things and is the key to taking hold of opportunity and progressing in life.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Being A Virgin; Advantages And Disadvantages. / Lesbianism Thrives In Nigeria / Guys, Don’t Jump Into Bed With Every Girl You See (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.