Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,024 members, 7,799,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport (14594 Views)

HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port / Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 / Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by ujoinme: 1:58am On Jul 03, 2013
The Chinese Civil Engineering Construction Company(CCECC) has pledged to work with the Akwa Ibom State government on the Ibaka Deep Seaport project.
CCECC Managing Director in Nigeria Mr Shi Hong Bing told Governor Godswill Akpabio in Abuja that the firm would ensure that the seaport becomes a reality.

Bing, who praised Akpabio for allowing the firm to construct some roads in the state, said it was involved in similar projects in other parts of Africa.
He acknowledged the infra-structural facilities in Akwa Ibom, urging Governor Akpabio to keep up the good work.

Governor Akpabio said it would be fantastic to collaborate with the firm in the construction of the seaport, adding that the committee on the project, which is on a road show, would meet with the company to work out the areas of cooperation.
Chief Akpabio, who described Akwa Ibom as “work in progress”, praised the company for the quality of work it has done in the state.

“CCECC and the government of Akwa Ibom State under my leadership have been good partners. And it is a partnership that has produced results.

“The first road contract that was awarded to your company was delivered in time complete with the best street lights and drainage in the country. And recently we signed a contract for the dualisation of Etinan-Eket road and more jobs are coming.

“It is not a function of lobbying for the job but that of quality, good pricing and record time delivery. We look forward to continuous partnership,” he said.

The governor reiterated that the seaport would promote commerce and complement the port in Lagos and also serve as a major transshipment point for the West African coast. He said the project would also provide employment for many.
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/business/maritime/akwa-ibom-chinese-firm-partner-on-ibaka-seaport/
Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by Pizzanatty(m): 4:54am On Jul 03, 2013
Good one...
Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by nig2change: 6:06am On Jul 03, 2013
He is doing great. I must admit.
Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by Itoroetti(m): 6:46am On Jul 03, 2013
If ibaka seaport which is the deepest seaport in nigeria without dredging is completed,it is assumed that it will create close to a 100,000 jobs.if this truely happens before akpabio's tenure comes to an end,then he'll be the best governor to ever rule any state in nigeria.
But the should be a quota in CCECC whereby the indigenes will also be employed to work there.I must admit,this CCECC have proven that the better than Julius berger.don't just argue,come to akwa ibom and see.

16 Likes

Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by mike404(m): 7:00am On Jul 03, 2013
WELL IT'S ALL ABOUT FRESH AIR grin
Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by Obomber: 7:03am On Jul 03, 2013
Awesome.
Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by Obomber: 7:23am On Jul 03, 2013
mike404: WELL IT'S ALL ABOUT FRESH AIR grin
Akpabio's fresh air.
Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 03, 2013
Good project. It would boost our economy
Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by kelvincoll(m): 9:26am On Jul 03, 2013
Akwa ibom Ado'0k ,akwa ibom Ayaya!! grin
Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by prico32(m): 9:36am On Jul 03, 2013
undecided
kelvincoll: Akwa ibom Ado'0k ,akwa ibom Ayaya!! grin

Ma kan sime undecided
Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by fashrola(m): 9:36am On Jul 03, 2013
if this seaport is completed.....dis gonna be the deepest seaport in West Africa without dredging...i just hope politics wont be involved cos dis gonna create more than 50,000 jobs...i just pray dis project is actualised, cos i didnt just studied marine engineering i want to also contribute to my state, and dis will help cadets of maritime academy of Nigeria to do their sea training with ease and no restraint...cos ibaka is closed to the Nigerian premiere maritime trainining institute...its a welcome development...Akwa Ibom Ado OK!

3 Likes

Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by Godson201333(m): 9:37am On Jul 03, 2013
That is good to hear1
Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by emiye(m): 9:40am On Jul 03, 2013
Is that not the CCECC that some conspiracy theorist claims that Tinubu owns partly ?
Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:41am On Jul 03, 2013
[size=28pt]Where is the Federal Government input on the Ibaka Deep Seaport? [/size]
Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by Acidosis(m): 9:47am On Jul 03, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: [size=28pt]Where is the Federal Government input on the Ibaka Deep Seaport? [/size]

For your mind now...Akpabio is building that sea port with his salary

All the Oyel money (in billions) given to the state and every other state in Nigeria including Lagos state and FCT & all the over 700 L.Gs comes from the Federal Government.
Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by rozayx5(m): 9:54am On Jul 03, 2013
Haterz gonna die grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by ritux: 10:08am On Jul 03, 2013
Someone should please invite Eko Mumu to come comment.

10 Likes

Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by ITbomb(m): 10:09am On Jul 03, 2013
Acidosis:

For your mind now...Akpabio is building that sea port with his salary

All the Oyel money (in billions) given to the state and every other state in Nigeria including Lagos state and FCT & all the over 700 L.Gs comes from the Federal Government.
And some Governors use it wisely for the benefit and future of the state while others squander it without question.
Let's appreciate those who use the Federal Government (sic) money well.

4 Likes

Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by adeniyikassim: 10:11am On Jul 03, 2013
the project is going to be supervised by ministry of transport(marine) in collaboration with The Nigeria Port Authority.I was opportuned to be there when they were lunching the project in Meridian hotel in UYO on the 28th November 2012....it is a Good project,let pray for it success.. kiss
Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 03, 2013
I din't here federal government in dis one o.So akwa ibom is now building everytin by itself,they build federal roads without waiting 4 fg,they build its own international airport that is not controled by federal govt.The only airport in nigeria dat is not controled by FAAN,n now am sure they are building its own seaport which am sure FG is not putting its own money into it...!Akpabio make GOD help u to go far wit the seaport contruction b4 2015.Akwa ibom built the airport on its own and is about to do same to d seaport,akwa ibom pple no make any noise o..,but if it was lagos,person no 4 here word.

4 Likes

Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by rozayx5(m): 10:21am On Jul 03, 2013
Emmadani: I din't here federal government in dis one o.So akwa ibom is now building everytin by itself,they build federal roads without waiting 4 fg,they build its own international airport that is not controled by federal govt.The only airport in nigeria dat is not controled by FAAN,n now am sure they are building its own seaport which am sure FG is not putting its own money into it...!Akpabio make GOD help u to go far wit the seaport contruction b4 2015.Akwa ibom built the airport on its own and is about to do same to d seaport,akwa ibom pple no make any noise o..,but if it was lagos,person no 4 here word.

if it was fashola, hmmm Eko ni fraud je pics wud have filled this thread by now and some men wud compared Lagos with Akwa Ibom and wud have started calling Akwa Ibomites villagers undecided undecided

SMH for tribalism

6 Likes

Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 03, 2013
Itoroetti :

But the should be a quota in CCECC whereby the indigenes will also be employed to work there.I must admit,this CCECC have proven that the better than Julius berger.don't just argue,come to akwa ibom and see.
good one, it is a welcome development. ccecc is a good construction company. we don't need to come to akwa ibom state.(Lol). we can see many of their works in Lagos. I could remember when they constructed celle - okota over head bridge along apapa without single hold up. Their work is superb. They are part of companies constructing Lagos Light rail and lekki free trade zone. Only they should be allowed to do their jobs without shorting their funds. Congrats in advance and let's see how it will compete with lekki free trade zone and see which one will come alive first.

1 Like

Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by Crisnite(m): 10:30am On Jul 03, 2013
Itoroetti :
If ibaka seaport which is the deepest seaport in nigeria without dredging is completed,it is assumed that it will create close to a 100,000 jobs.if this truely happens before akpabio's tenure comes to an end,then he'll be the best governor to ever rule any state in nigeria.
Not just Akwa Ibom, come to Cross River too and see the work of these guys (CCECC). In one word, SPLENDID. Can't believe that we can still see contractors who are this diligent in their work. Theodore Orji, Governor of Abia state, God's own state, my state please take note and do something REASONABLE......our roads are in a deplorable state. Make us proud PLEASE!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by eBillyonaire: 10:33am On Jul 03, 2013
Akwa Ibom is being prepared for tomorrow. Roads and bridges, Airport and now Sea Port.

2 Likes

Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 03, 2013
rozayx5:

if it was fashola, hmmm Eko ni fraud je pics wud have filled this thread by now and some men wud compared Lagos with Akwa Ibom and wud have started calling Akwa Ibomites villagers undecided undecided

SMH for tribalism
no mind those pple.

1 Like

Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by Crisnite(m): 10:40am On Jul 03, 2013
emiye: Is that not the CCECC that some conspiracy theorist claims that Tinubu owns partly ?
Whether it is partly or even fully owned by Tinubu, as long as they give out quality projects in record time its still better than giving it to those big names that keep COMMISSIONING unfinished projects and squander the nations treasury.
N.B: the market pays for results, no matter who provides it.
Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by Acidosis(m): 10:40am On Jul 03, 2013
Emmadani: I din't here federal government in dis one o.So akwa ibom is now building everytin by itself,they build federal roads without waiting 4 fg,they build its own international airport that is not controled by federal govt.The only airport in nigeria dat is not controled by FAAN,n now am sure they are building its own seaport which am sure FG is not putting its own money into it...!Akpabio make GOD help u to go far wit the seaport contruction b4 2015.Akwa ibom built the airport on its own and is about to do same to d seaport,akwa ibom pple no make any noise o..,but if it was lagos,person no 4 here word.

If Akpabio cannot build all that you mentioned with the Federal Government money given to him monthly, then I wonder who should do all that for you..

So you expect the F.G to build your state while Akpabio can pocket all the 50billion monthly allocation?!
Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by Chillypelly(m): 10:56am On Jul 03, 2013
Akwa Ibom is truly building for the future. A 15 floors five star hotel and entertainment centre, dualization of almost all the major roads in the state, world class stadium by jb under construction, an e-library, an airport and now a deep sea port.

I expect him to develop a new city befitting of the oil city of eket to accomodate net worth individuals comparable to istabul open for private sector investment comparable to lekki city. He should equally build a brand new university that can rival any around the world in term of infrastructure and learning.

...Akwa Ibom ayaya ooo.
The emrging dreamland.

4 Likes

Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by rozayx5(m): 10:57am On Jul 03, 2013
Acidosis:

If Akpabio cannot build all that you mentioned with the Federal Government money given to him monthly, then I wonder who should do all that for you..

So you expect the F.G to build your state while Akpabio can pocket all the 50billion monthly allocation?!

Federal Government money that the Federal government made from selling orkrika

or from OUR selling our OIL

2 Likes

Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by penny01502: 11:10am On Jul 03, 2013
I'm surprise to see so much great people show so much great love for my great country home, am very grateful. the great akwa ibomite are poise with the spirit of uncommon transformation, expect more from us. we gonna set a great record to the world, sooner the whole world will see us as an epitome of great and quality government with qaulity leadership. am proud to be an akwa ibomite.
Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by penny01502: 11:18am On Jul 03, 2013
Acidosis:

I don't believe ignorance people like you still exist in our great country, imagine you displaying your sense of ignore and stupi**dity of social network.

2 Likes

Re: China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport by bory09(m): 11:19am On Jul 03, 2013
Let me write this project into my diary. So that when completed my grand children will know who start the project, and kudos to GEJ for making my diary to be full of story and prophesy this days.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

More Pictures & Video From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Bauchi / Bomb Blasts And Gunfire In Damaturu, Yobe State / Is Governor Umahi The Best Performing In Terms Of Salary Payment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.