Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Our Colleague Was Slaughtered By B’haram Members – Traders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Colleague Was Slaughtered By B’haram Members – Traders (1290 Views)

Buhari Promises To Free Towns Captured By B’haram / Boko Haram: Girl Freed By B’haram Pregnant, Says Bitrus / Woman Alleged To Be SSS Beheaded/slaughtered By Boko-haram Members [video+photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Colleague Was Slaughtered By B’haram Members – Traders by backtosender: 10:11am On Jul 03, 2013
Corpses of the 10 traders murdered in Mugunu, Borno State by suspected Boko Haram members arrived at the Bodija Market in Ibadan North Local Government of Oyo State on Tuesday.

Their remains were first received by the executive of market union at about 2pm at the toll gate before being taken to the tension-filled market.

The traders were on a business trip to the state when they met their untimely death on Saturday.

On sighting the corpses, hundreds of traders, relatives of the deceased and sympathisers, who had gathered in the market, started weeping uncontrollably.

One of the survivors of the attack, Taoheed Adewuyi, 32, said, “They ( attackers) stopped us along the way and asked us to come down from our vehicle and lie down. They started shooting us one by one.

“I was shot but I was not badly injured. I fainted but later became conscious. I am lucky to be alive.

“One of them went into their vehicle and slaughtered one of us with a knife. The man that was slaughtered is called Ninalowo.

“He was slaughtered because they discovered that he was still breathing after they shot him. I shivered and almost cried out in shock; but I was lucky that I did not. They were Boko Haram members.

A trader, who identified himself simply as Emiola, said, “We cannot confirm the actual number of those who lost their lives. What we know is that 10 of our people were killed.”

The Babaloja of Oyo State, Chief Dauda Oladapo, urged the Federal Government to address the insecurity in the land.

Oladapo said, “This Boko Haram issue is really affecting us. Will government allow them to wipe all of us out? So many people have been killed.

“Prices of food and other agricultural produce that we get from the North have gone up astronomically because it is difficult to get them now as a result of the crisis.”

The Head of Hausa community at Bodija Market, Alhaji Isiyaka Hassan, urged the government to provide adequate security in the interest of the citizens.

The Bodija Food Market was shut on Monday as the traders mourned the murder of their colleagues

It will be recalled that four traders from the market were murdered in a similar circumstance by suspected Boko Haram members on May 5.

http://www.punchng.com/news/our-colleague-was-slaughtered-by-bharam-attackers-survivor/

1 Like

Re: Our Colleague Was Slaughtered By B’haram Members – Traders by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 03, 2013
10 innocent lives were lost and some foolish people are bring tribal sentiments into this. Do you think boko haram cares what ethnic group you belong before they kill? They kill their own people talk less of other ethnic groups. Yorubas are being murdered just like igbos in other previous killings, just that igbos are out numbered. Learn to pay respect to the dead and stop spewing trash! smh. cry

1 Like

Re: Our Colleague Was Slaughtered By B’haram Members – Traders by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 03, 2013
WTF WERE THEY DOING IN MAIDUGURI....NONSENSE....THEY MUST BE ALLIES OF BOKO HARAM, MY SYMPATHY? FOR PEOPLE/ADULTS WHO KNOWINGLY WALKED INTO A STATE OF EMERGENCY? OTI O! I BELIEVE THEY WERE PROBABLY WORKING TOWARDS BRINGING BOKO VENTURES INTO THE SW! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Our Colleague Was Slaughtered By B’haram Members – Traders by Akpaife(m): 10:40am On Jul 03, 2013
Wht r u waiting 4@JTF kill every living souls there,all r boko harm leave no stone on top,kill both guilty n nt guilty level d area
Re: Our Colleague Was Slaughtered By B’haram Members – Traders by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 03, 2013
May their soul' rest in peace! My people,Borno is not safe for now, infact North is not safe! As for me ooo, i've chose not to travel beyond Abuja cos life no be Sim card wey you fit do welcome back.
Abeg no ban me oooo.....
Re: Our Colleague Was Slaughtered By B’haram Members – Traders by nku5: 12:13pm On Jul 03, 2013
What kind of wahala is this. I thought BH had been routed
Re: Our Colleague Was Slaughtered By B’haram Members – Traders by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 03, 2013
nku5: What kind of wahala is this. I thought BH had been routed
It was not a fresh killing.

The corpses were only brought back.
Re: Our Colleague Was Slaughtered By B’haram Members – Traders by nku5: 12:38pm On Jul 03, 2013
noblezone:
It was not a fresh killing.

The corpses were only brought back.

Check the third paragraph of the story. It reads that they were murdered on saturday

1 Like

Re: Our Colleague Was Slaughtered By B’haram Members – Traders by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 03, 2013
nku5:

Check the third paragraph of the story. It reads that they were murdered on saturday

Apologies, my error. I have confirmed it is different from the one I was thinking of.
But I think southerners should stop going up North for now.
Re: Our Colleague Was Slaughtered By B’haram Members – Traders by lakpalakpa: 2:08am On Jul 04, 2013
After SOE and. All the gra gra.... GEJ truly is a scumbag.

RIP to the dead..

cool
Re: Our Colleague Was Slaughtered By B’haram Members – Traders by DuduNegro: 3:34am On Jul 04, 2013
I continue to reserve judgement on who truly is behind these killings. The probability of bokoharam being behind these killings is highly improbable. I say this because, like I said regarding the Lagos bokoharam incidence, the boko signature does not regiater here.

I know the survivor said they are bokoharam but does he truly know a boko person from a non boko person?

Bokoharam executes its victims, they dont process their victims. This is the second of these killings where process was involved.

Armed robbers use process in terminating lives.
Besides, boko does not go to highway to go and stop a Yoruba bus and kill its occupants. There are many different ethnics using the highway and for a busload of Yoruba to be singled out and murdered is a process and an armed robbery process.

These killings has a tune of a plot...a scheme aimed at triggering the hot buttons in SW to carry our revenge killings of Northerners in SW and therefore throw Yorubaland into turmoil.

I believe the people that the survibor, Taofeek described as bokoharam are not indeed boko but other people camouflaging in boko appearance.

1 Like

Re: Our Colleague Was Slaughtered By B’haram Members – Traders by ChrisOD: 3:34am On Jul 04, 2013
I thought our SW brothers claimed Boko was killing only Igbo traders and not Yorubas? I laff in Boko language
Re: Our Colleague Was Slaughtered By B’haram Members – Traders by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro: I continue to reserve judgement on who truly is behind these killings. The probability of bokoharam being behind these killings is highly improbable. I say this because, like I said regarding the Lagos bokoharam incidence, the boko signature does not regiater here.

I know the survivor said they are bokoharam but does he truly know a boko person from a non boko person?

Bokoharam executes its victims, they dont process their victims. This is the second of these killings where process was involved.

Besides, boko does not go to highway to go and stop a Yoruba bus and kill its occupants. There are many different ethnics using the highway and for a busload of Yoruba to be singled out and murdered is a process and an armed robbery process.

These killings has a tune of a plot...a scheme aimed at triggering the hot buttons in SW to carry our revenge killings of Northerners in SW and therefore throw Yorubaland into turmoil.

I believe the people that the survibor, Taofeek described as bokoharam are not indeed boko but other people camouflaging in boko appearance.
your a complete idiott.
Re: Our Colleague Was Slaughtered By B’haram Members – Traders by KraticKratus: 8:03am On Jul 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro: I continue to reserve judgement on who truly is behind these killings. The probability of bokoharam being behind these killings is highly improbable. I say this because, like I said regarding the Lagos bokoharam incidence, the boko signature does not regiater here.

See hatred, paranoia, stuppidity and cowardice on display here. Chei. grin grin grin grin grin Yoruba people are very funny.

1 Like

Re: Our Colleague Was Slaughtered By B’haram Members – Traders by okunboy: 8:21am On Jul 04, 2013

Boko Haram killed primary school pupils and their teachers in their cold blood, they rounded up fishermen and shot them. These are just few among their numeous sensless killings! killing traders of particular tribal extraction is peice of cake to these wild animals, so my guy your judgement is completely devoid of human logic!
AND I TRUELY WISH U HAD RESERVED YOUR JUDGEMENT AS U STATED ABINITIO,

1 Like

Re: Our Colleague Was Slaughtered By B’haram Members – Traders by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 04, 2013

You don talk finish? Nairalanders pleas ignore this dude anytime he rants about being brave. As you can see,this guy is more of a woman than man. He was just opportune to possess joystick,but in the actual biological sense, what flows in his system is the female hormones
Re: Our Colleague Was Slaughtered By B’haram Members – Traders by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 04, 2013
berem!:
10 innocent lives were lost and some foolish people are bring tribal sentiments into this. Do you think boko haram cares what ethnic group you belong before they kill? They kill their own people talk less of other ethnic groups. Yorubas are being murdered just like igbos in other previous killings, just that igbos are out numbered. Learn to pay respect to the dead and stop spewing trash! smh. cry
Nwanne imego ya analyse ofuma kama oburu nde ofe ha akauba ndi be anyi nwuru n'aka ndi boko haram onu.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Advises Jonathan. Pics. / Rare Hybrid Solar Eclipse To Appear Today Nov. 3 / Spain Evacuates Priest With Ebola From Liberia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.