Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers - NYSC (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers (22467 Views)

How I Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp For A Bank Interview / Batch B14(stream 2) Corps Member To Return To Camp For Their Drills / Two Female Corpers Set Ablaze In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by ckkris: 9:39am On Jul 04, 2013
Easy1401:

u can't islamise Nigeria that's sure.

Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by royben: 10:04am On Jul 04, 2013
Rubbisb set of people. Always bringing in stupid religious policies in National matters. The youths are not complaining, besides NYSC camp is d only place wre the educated abokis are opportuned 2 mingle with d real dudes and babes from different backgrounds, for socialization. Okorie Afia shld not listen 2 dia nonesense request abeg. Anyway, I trust him sha.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by ddeola: 11:37am On Jul 04, 2013
NYSC is not a religious organisation so make all these fanatics go sidon jare
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by sul4(m): 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
[quote author=nifemi25]Atleast this will keep those corper guys eye away from my wife. [/quo bros wake up from ur sleep
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by ubong560(m): 12:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
am coming!
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by deols(f): 1:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
What is wrong with havinh separate camps?

Good idea, JNI.

1 Like

Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by mesther96(f): 1:08pm On Jul 04, 2013
deols: What is wrong with havinh separate camps?

Good idea, JNI.
what is wrong with having separate countries,continent and planet??

by the way its 'having' not 'havinh'
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by deols(f): 1:33pm On Jul 04, 2013
m.esther96:
what is wrong with having separate countries,continent and planet??

by the way its 'having' not 'havinh'

and you aren't smart enough to detect a typo error.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by bukatyne(f): 2:10pm On Jul 04, 2013
I believe the corps members in these camps know what is go for them expect if they are saying Muslim females cannot think for themselves and therefore need JTI to do that for them.

Abdulkayus (Hope I got that right), thank you for you beautiful post. smiley
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by bukatyne(f): 2:12pm On Jul 04, 2013
Arewa Warrior:

So whats your point? u dont have any my dear ignorant brother. r u saying men n women should be kept in the same quarters? if so would you approve your wife, sisters n daughters to grace such a slaughter house?

So different hostels in the same compound is now the same quarters?

So NYSC camp is now a slaughter house? Can you tell me averagely how many women or men are raped in camp yearly?
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by bukatyne(f): 2:15pm On Jul 04, 2013
abdulkayus: I am a muslim bt i disagree wit some of d postulation of d JNI, although i agree wit some.
Atleast already in d camp, there are different hostels for male and female and a male cannot enter a female hostel and also vice versal.
And even d para military trainin, i think its ok cos even d Pakistans and some other Islamic countries female soilders do undergo dos military exercise.
Although as muslim, i dont agree wit d mixin of both sexes wen lining up for food or registration, there shld seperate line for both. And also d issue of makin or even forcin a gal and boy to be dancing together durin d man o war training.
Camp is nt a religion ground, bt everyone as an individual too shld respect his/her religion on his/her own. There is alcohol or engagin in sex bt no one force someone.
U can be bad or good in d camp. We are all matured so shld knw wat is good or bad in ur religion and hw to avoid it.
I served in Anambra state and i still come bac intact nt indulgin in any sex or watever. So, it depend on an individual.

Maclatunji, also take note dat its nt everything of d JNI u hav to accept jus cos u are a muslim. I am a muslim and a proud one also.

If dey demand for seperate camp for both sexes, dat mean seperate university, working place, shoppin mall, tranportation and other things will be demanded als, abi no be so?
Make we dey use our no 6 sometym abeg. Religion is nt madness
And to dos bigots abusin muslims and Islam cos of dis issue, knw dat JNI did nt represent every muslim thought. So, pls watch hw u speak.
U ppl claim to be enlightened or educated sometym, bt ur characters and habits show something farrrrrrrrrr frm dat.

CIAO

I am sorry I had to quote you again.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by yame014: 2:16pm On Jul 04, 2013
Arewa Warrior:

So whats your point? u dont have any my dear ignorant brother. r u saying men n women should be kept in the same quarters? if so would you approve your wife, sisters n daughters to grace such a slaughter house?
what's all the bickering about? i believe a well trained daughter or son will not participate in indecent acts when he/she gets to camp...btw will female corps still be separated when they are posted to their place of primary assignments?
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by Mustay(m): 2:24pm On Jul 04, 2013
bukatyne: I believe the corps members in these camps know what is go for them expect if they are saying Muslim females cannot think for themselves and therefore need JTI to do that for them.

Oh really? And be called 'rebels' again huh Our experiences may differ but you can recall the experience of he girl who didn't wanna wear trousers. A Muslim lady has told me of how in camp, the soldier, in the name of exercise wanted the ladies and men to hold themselves in the arm and see who lifts the other up and all of those -ish. When she resisted(she told the officer she couldn't do that kind of thing) the soldier called it 'disobedience' and wanted to make a big issue outta it until another officer who had a higher rank told her to respect the lady's beliefs. Some camps even have the soldiers forcing people to go for socials, camp fire etc. As far as am concerned, most of the activities in the camp is balderdash.

The JNI may seem to be raising the bar but there needs to be regulation in these camps - that's what they ask for. Is it the tight clothes corps members are forced to put on and when a sister puts a hijab on it, she's continuously harassed

IF it doesn't suit you, doesn't make them stupid cos you support them not.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by danjalingo: 2:35pm On Jul 04, 2013
Ping411:
It is,if you want to work in Nigeria

u can b exempted. angry
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by danjalingo: 2:36pm On Jul 04, 2013
Ping411:
It is,if you want to work in Nigeria

u can b exempted.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by bukatyne(f): 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2013
Mustay:

Oh really? And be called 'rebels' again huh Our experiences may differ but you can recall the experience of he girl who didn't wanna wear trousers. A muslim lady has told me of how in , the soldier, in the name of exercise wanted the ladies and men to hold themselves in the arm and see who lifts the other up. When she resisted (she told the officer she couldn't do that kind of thing) the soldier called it 'disobedience' until another officer who had a higher rank told her to respect the lady's beliefs. Some camps even have the soldiers forcing people to go for socials, camp fire etc. As far as am concerned, most of the activities in the camp is balderdash.

The JNI may seem to be raising the bar but there needs to be regulation in these camps. shikena

IF it doesn't suit you, doesn't make them stupid you support them not.

So if the lady and guy lift each other up, the guy will be so turned on and rape the girl at night? Oh please, is everything about sex with you? Can't you have healthy interactions with the opposite sex with thinking of sex? FYI, I have served so don't come here and bobo us like they tie men and women to do what they don't want to do. Everybody is invited for socials, fine. Can't the ladies sit down on their own? or do they lack self control that once they see a man they want sex? During camp fire night, can't the Muslim girls be together? Most socials occur towards the end of camp so the female Muslims should have made friends that can move around together.

Abeg, stop making Muslim women look like they are brainless and have no self control. I have meet some intelligent, disciplined and principled ones

And why is this always about the women?
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by Mustay(m): 2:59pm On Jul 04, 2013
bukatyne:

So if the lady and guy lift each other up, the guy will be so turned on and rape the girl at night? Oh please, is everything about sex with you? Can't you have healthy interactions with the opposite sex with thinking of sex? FYI, I have served so don't come here and bobo us like they tie men and women to do what they don't want to do. Everybody is invited for socials, fine. Can't the ladies sit down on their own? or do they lack self control that once they see a man they want sex? During camp fire night, can't the Muslim girls be together? Most socials occur towards the end of camp so the female Muslims should have made friends that can move around together.

Abeg, stop making Muslim women look like they are brainless and have no self control. I have meet some intelligent, disciplined and principled ones

This is where you're get it wrong! No need arguing on an unnecessary issue. By the way, it's not about sex, neither do I need to bobo you :-/

Quoting the example I used, the said lady told them her religion permits not unrestricted mixing amongst men and women. It doesn't even mean there were not some other 'Muslim' ladies who bothered not to object, but for she and some other sisters, it was a NO NO. Perhaps, that's where their understanding level has got them to.

That they refused to do so doesn't mean they avoided men throughout the stay in camp.

You need to understand some beliefs and principles about certain people. The fact that something is acceptable to you doesn't mean it's acceptable to the other.

I have also met some 'intelligent, disciplined and principled' Muslims.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by Franky9584(m): 3:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
Super story! Instead JNI should advise d muslim graduate 2 pik up exemption letter if they wnt 2serve...chikena
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by sino(m): 3:40pm On Jul 04, 2013
bukatyne:

Healthy interactions you say? What is healthy in a lady putting on a bum short and a see through shirt being lifted by a grown up man who is not her husband? I know you understand what temptation is and how it comes by, wouldn't it be wise to curtail avenues to it?
You served, i also served my papa land, i am a man, i stayed in the male hostel and do you know what over 80% males where talking about while back in the hostel?
I happened to be in camp during the raining season, do i need to explain what happens while on parade ground in the morning when it rains? Don't try to shy away from reality, we have gone so low, even on NL it is so obvious, do i need to remind you that male are aroused with what they see?!

If not for the cries by religious leaders(both christians and muslims) in the past which had made camp rules to be softened, all camp activities are meant to be compulsory on corps members(you can go look for a copy of the NYSC bye law).

And FYI, we have our activities in place of these social activities that are not appropriate for Muslims, instead of camp fire night, we have paradise night!
bukatyn:

Our women are smart and intelligent, that is why they chose the hijab, they understand by obeying the creator, they gain respect and favor/blessing in this world and the next.

And it's not about the women, rather its about the society, making our society better for all.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by Babaji111(m): 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
I wonder why any human is against chastity and decency. Muslims girls and women are guided by their religious ideologyy and it is not permissible for them to wear half-cloths or expose their unclothedness like many modern christians and pagans do. I believe any good christian will never go against decency. Past christians are not like our modern ones. LET US SEE THE PORTRAIT OF MOTHER MARY,MOTHER TERESSA and all reknown women. Are they not looking decent? Why dont we allow our muslim women to practice their religion? Any undecent behaviour is totally satanic and should not be encouraged. The dressing of our ladies in NYSC is totally against Islamic religious ideology and any muslim is advised to follow his/her religious tenets OR else fall into satanic family. May GOD show us more LIGHT to practice our religion without fear or favor.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 04, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Scrap NYSC now and let's see which region suffers.
abi o
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by bukatyne(f): 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2013
sino:
Healthy interactions you say? What is healthy in a lady putting on a bum short and a see through shirt being lifted by a grown up man who is not her husband? I know you understand what temptation is and how it comes by, wouldn't it be wise to curtail avenues to it?
You served, i also served my papa land, i am a man, i stayed in the male hostel and do you know what over 80% males where talking about while back in the hostel?
I happened to be in camp during the raining season, do i need to explain what happens while on parade ground in the morning when it rains? Don't try to shy away from reality, we have gone so low, even on NL it is so obvious, do i need to remind you that male are aroused with what they see?!

If not for the cries by religious leaders(both christians and muslims) in the past which had made camp rules to be softened, all camp activities are meant to be compulsory on corps members(you can go look for a copy of the NYSC bye law).

And FYI, we have our activities in place of these social activities that are not appropriate for Muslims, instead of camp fire night, we have paradise night!

[s]Our women are smart and intelligent, that is why they chose the hijab, they understand by obeying the creator, they gain respect and favor/blessing in this world and the next.[/s]

And it's not about the women, rather its about the society, making our society better for all.

I don't like discussions with sentiments.

What muslim lady is wearing bum shorts and see through blouse in camp? What is bad in campfire night? Each Platoon dancing around the huge bon fire? Some friends even strolled hand - in -hand all through the dance period of their platoon; some even went to other platoons to gist with their friends etc.

What has the boys talk got to do with muslim ladies?

What happens when rain falls? Do these guys just grab random ladies or not? What about dress (position yourself) how you want to be addressed?

Why can't the JNI fight for separate camps for guys and ladies and not others and muslim ladies?

Are the muslim ladies the problems in the camps?
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by bukatyne(f): 4:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
Babaji111: I wonder why any human is against chastity and decency. Muslims girls and women are guided by their religious ideologyy and it is not permissible for them to wear half-cloths or expose their unclothedness like many modern christians and pagans do. I believe any good christian will never go against decency. Past christians are not like our modern ones. LET US SEE THE PORTRAIT OF MOTHER MARY,MOTHER TERESSA and all reknown women. Are they not looking decent? Why dont we allow our muslim women to practice their religion? Any undecent behaviour is totally satanic and should not be encouraged. The dressing of our ladies in NYSC is totally against Islamic religious ideology and any muslim is advised to follow his/her religious tenets OR else fall into satanic family. May GOD show us more LIGHT to practice our religion without fear or favor.

Have you ever hear of exemption?
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by Babaji111(m): 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2013
bukatyne:

Have you ever hear of exemption?

You are exempted from correcting me.

1 Like

Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2013
usmandj: Man is designed to have feelings and attraction. but wen his/her ego comes up in demand it becomes out of control which ur nigerian constitution has not provide adequate solution to dat.

I really don't get what you were trying to say here.

Do any of u border to find out d statistics of corpers who go in virgin and come out pregnant .
Do any of u want his/her sister's nude to b looked illegally, or she shld b used wit out considering marriage first like dog. No! even a womanizer will not want dat.
Is it the government's responsibility to prevent women and men from being disvirgined? or what exactly is your point?

And to my fellow christian counterpart. Mary d mother of Jesus Christ (pbuh) chastity was protected. Recall dat she grew in d temple.Females are treasure which need to be protected; both physically and spiritual.

Spiritual protection or whatever you call it is NOT the responsibility of the Nigerian government. The above would have made a little sense if the women at these camps were being raped or forced into being unchaste. Solving immorality is not the governments responsibility... the government has no damned reason to make adjustments for people who aren't practicing their religions well, especially in a muilti-religious society like Nigeria's.

Pls, brodas and sisters, muslims are also citizens of dis country who need to contribute dere own quota to d development of dis country. give den a chance and reason wit dem while dey are trying dere best not make our country to b great and a beta place.

It is every citizens responsibility irrespective of his/her religion to promote progress in any country. However, I don't see how what that mallam said helps move Nigeria forward. undecided Separate camps for only muslim women in a multi-religious country = stark discrimination amongst other things. There's is nothing special about these women and no amount of separation can stop them from 'frolicking' with whoever they want to 'frolick' with.

I just don't know when you guys would begin to see things from a nationalist perspective. You all think and say stuff as if Islam were the only religion in Nigeria... things like this would only make sense if suggested in the Arab world where they are guided by Islamic tenets. Nigeria is not an Islamic state. Deal with that. sad
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by bukatyne(f): 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2013
Babaji111: You are exempted from correcting me.

Excuse me
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by sino(m): 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
bukatyne:

I don't like discussions with sentiments.
Well, we all do albeit to varying degrees and veracity

bukatyne:
What muslim lady is wearing bum shorts and see through blouse in camp? What is bad in campfire night? Each Platoon dancing around the huge bon fire? Some friends even strolled hand - in -hand all through the dance period of their platoon; some even went to other platoons to gist with their friends etc.
What kind of white shorts are being distributed in camp? I couldn't even put on mine cos they were like boxers. And shirts were of poor quality and frail. I don't know when you served perhaps in the eighties cos i don't understand why you are trying to deny the facts.

What is wrong with Camp fire night? A lot, drunkenness which is prohibited in the camp is at its peak, not to talk of the immorality that ensues. I do not deny the fact that some people do carry themselves with good decorum during such nights, but the vices that do occure, overshadows the good and as a wise person, i'll do away with it.
bukatyne:
What has the boys talk got to do with muslim ladies?
A lot, not only the Muslim ladies, but all the ladies in camp. It tells you that guys would be guys, they talk about what they see and what they can't and they boast and compete to engage in immorality. Does this not give you a hint that such dressing and interactions as seen in camps would increase the tendencies for some silly guys to commit?

bukatyne:
What happens when rain falls? Do these guys just grab random ladies or not? What about dress (position yourself) how you want to be addressed?
I don't understand what you are trying to say, i shared what i experienced.

bukatyne:
Why can't the JNI fight for separate camps for guys and ladies and not others and muslim ladies?

Are the muslim ladies the problems in the camps?
Well, in order not to sound as if they are imposing their religious view on everyone, the reason for their statement in regards to Muslim women. Fyi we Muslims also organize camping programs, and some camps do include male and female Muslims, there is proper segregation at these camps and during morning drills, females have their own separate place for such.
The major contention here is about the morning exercise and what goes on in it(dressing and others), if it can be reviewed then i'm sure JNI wouldn't be on air calling for separate camps.

1 Like

Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by Mustay(m): 4:50pm On Jul 04, 2013
sino: Fyi we Muslims also organize camping programs, and some camps do include male and female Muslims, there is proper segregation at these camps and during morning drills, females have their own separate place for such.

Cool. Thanks for this. The highlighted aptly addresses the mischief of "separate markets" etc. People tend not to face issues on NL. Bandwagon effect.

1 Like

Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by bukatyne(f): 4:52pm On Jul 04, 2013
sino:
Well, we all do albeit to varying degrees and veracity

What kind of white shorts are being distributed in camp? I couldn't even put on mine cos they were like boxers. And shirts were of poor quality and frail. I don't know when you served perhaps in the eighties cos i don't understand why you are trying to deny the facts.

What is wrong with Camp fire night? A lot, drunkenness which is prohibited in the camp is at its peak, not to talk of the immorality that ensues. I do not deny the fact that some people do carry themselves with good decorum during such nights, but the vices that do occure, overshadows the good and as a wise person, i'll do away with it.

A lot, not only the Muslim ladies, but all the ladies in camp. It tells you that guys would be guys, they talk about what they see and what they can't and they boast and compete to engage in immorality. Does this not give you a hint that such dressing and interactions as seen in camps would increase the tendencies for some silly guys to commit?

I don't understand what you are trying to say, i shared what i experienced.

Well, in order not to sound as if they are imposing their religious view on everyone, the reason for their statement in regards to Muslim women. Fyi we Muslims also organize camping programs, and some camps do include male and female Muslims, there is proper segregation at these camps and during morning drills, females have their own separate place for such.
The major contention here is about the morning exercise and what goes on in it(dressing and others), if it can be reviewed then i'm sure JNI wouldn't be on air calling for separate camps.

Oh, so boys can be boys but girls cannot be girls?

I guess because men rape ladies in the university therefore ladies should have their own separate university. It's not my business how other people choose to carry themselves as long as they don't encroach in my space. If you like, wear pants, talk whatever about women or men. I can only preach but that's it.

If muslims do not like the conduct in camps, they should apply for exemption letter.

I wonder why muslim men are not bothered how these vices affect them or is it permissible for them?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

NYSC Reviews Posting Policy / Would Any State In Nigeria Make You Cry If You Were Posted There For NYSC? / Where Can I Serve In Abuja With The Likelihood Of Being Retained?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.