Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,694 members, 7,802,032 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Exclusive Photos Of Obama's Helicopter Landing In Cape Town - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Exclusive Photos Of Obama's Helicopter Landing In Cape Town (2023 Views)

Baboons Invade Cape Town Housing Estates / Video & Pictures Of Obama Crying As He Thanks His Campaign Staff / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusive Photos Of Obama's Helicopter Landing In Cape Town by EmperorOlu: 4:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
Una see security O! shocked shocked shocked

Chai America grin

Re: Exclusive Photos Of Obama's Helicopter Landing In Cape Town by Jakumo(m): 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2013
The American security presence at the helicopter landing zone is actually quite light, with mostly South African policemen in view.

Thanks for the dramatic pictures, Emperor Olu.

Good to see Obama visting Africa, and even better to see him standing beside former President Bush, whose African visit coincides with that of Obama. Uncle Sam needs to wake up to Africa's economic potential before Africa becomes an off-shore province of China, and Obama's visit will further that urgent imperative with new ties forged at every stop on the presidential itinerary.
Re: Exclusive Photos Of Obama's Helicopter Landing In Cape Town by EmperorOlu: 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
Jakumo: The American security presence at the helicopter landing zone is actually quite light, with mostly South African policemen in view.

Thanks for the dramatic pictures, Emperor Olu.

Good to see Obama visting Africa, and even better to see him standing beside former President Bush, whose African visit coincides with that of Obama. Uncle Sam needs to wake up to Africa's economic potential before Africa becomes an off-shore province of China, and Obama's visit will further that urgent imperative with new ties forged at every stop on the presidential itinerary.

[size=15pt]There were more security teams on ground but the police did not allow the photographers to take pictures of them.The Chinook Helicopter which landed before the Obama's helicopter contained more than 15 Navy seals armed to the teeth.There were also many secret service and NSA spotters with binoculars ,sniper rifles e.t.c on the roofs,tinted cars and on the mountain. The Photographer was lucky to get these few shots.The SA policemen were not allowed near the Helicopter.Their job was to stand on the outer perimeter of the LZ and stop people from coming through.[/size]
Re: Exclusive Photos Of Obama's Helicopter Landing In Cape Town by Jakumo(m): 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2013
Oh I agree that the US presidential guard is always present, but they are not visible in the pictures here, which is understandable too, given the way cameramen would be scrutinized and controlled when the Marine One helo is indbound.
Re: Exclusive Photos Of Obama's Helicopter Landing In Cape Town by valdubem(m): 5:14pm On Jul 03, 2013
The security there is whack. I can bring him 'down if I choose to. U need to see Gooduck's security arrangement; so Tight.
Re: Exclusive Photos Of Obama's Helicopter Landing In Cape Town by paniki(m): 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2013
Paranoid Americans who fly in everything.

From Cape Town Airport
[img]http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=57387&d=1372615637[/img]
Re: Exclusive Photos Of Obama's Helicopter Landing In Cape Town by paniki(m): 8:16pm On Jul 03, 2013
Re: Exclusive Photos Of Obama's Helicopter Landing In Cape Town by paniki(m): 8:19pm On Jul 03, 2013
Re: Exclusive Photos Of Obama's Helicopter Landing In Cape Town by sweetcheecks(f): 3:52am On Jul 04, 2013
val_dubem: The security there is whack. I can bring him 'down if I choose to. U need to see Gooduck's security arrangement; so Tight.

Whack? Do you even know the place or you just passing hot air? Puleez
Re: Exclusive Photos Of Obama's Helicopter Landing In Cape Town by Nobody: 4:49am On Jul 04, 2013
val_dubem: The security there is whack. I can bring him 'down if I choose to. U need to see Gooduck's security arrangement; so Tight.

This a the kinda speech i expect from a disgruntle Nigerian...hatting azz nigga...
Re: Exclusive Photos Of Obama's Helicopter Landing In Cape Town by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 04, 2013
If the paranoid american leader had visited nigeria, I'm sure he would have taken 2 nuclear armed B-2 spirits , 30 F-35's and 2 aircraft carriers along with him.

The leader came along on his african tour, with enough personnel and hardware to over-run any african country in just a couple of days, if the need arose.
Re: Exclusive Photos Of Obama's Helicopter Landing In Cape Town by andrewza: 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2013
Henry120: If the paranoid american leader had visited nigeria, I'm sure he would have taken 2 nuclear armed B-2 spirits , 30 F-35's and 2 aircraft carriers along with him.

The leader came along on his african tour, with enough personnel and hardware to over-run any african country in just a couple of days, if the need arose.

well it was only about 500 US security. In SA they had comply with SA rules so our SF and swat teams were embedded with the the US team.

When Obama went to robben island there was a SAN frigate watching the waters, SAPS handled the outer perimeter, SAAF and SAPS airwing had helicopters and fighter jets in the sky. In total the SANDF deployed just over 300 members to watch obama and i don't have SAPS numbers.

A South African government official with knowledge of the planning operation played down rumours of tensions between the two countries’ security officials. He said, however, that the South Africans did need to stamp their authority due to the Americans’ “paranoia” and issues such as the number of assault weapons that would be brought into the country.

He said that even previous multilateral meetings with numerous heads of state simultaneously in the country, such as the recent BRICS summit, did not involve as elaborate a security operation as the visit by the US president. The official said that while other African countries are generally more compliant to the Americans, the South Africans made sure that their own security protocols were complied with.

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2013-07-02-when-the-worlds-most-powerful-man-came-to-town/#.UdMVk_mmjTA

SA does not like being told what to do in it own country, even by america.
Re: Exclusive Photos Of Obama's Helicopter Landing In Cape Town by andrewza: 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2013

killing A US president is not hard, get away afterward is the hard part. That is why the SS are more worried about nutjobs than professional.

(1) (Reply)

Rare Photos Of Barrak Obama And Wife Mitchell Obama / Proofs that Missile Interceptors Fired Blindly, Failing To Stop US Missiles / Donald Trump Visit Saudi Arabia, Welcomed By King Bin Abdulaziz(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.