Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Should NYSC Be Scrapped? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Should NYSC Be Scrapped? (15274 Views)

Should The National Youth Service Corps (nysc) Scheme Be Reformed Or Scrapped? / Should NYSC Stop Including Phone Numbers Of Corpers In The Year book? / Should NYSC Be Scrapped? What's Your Take On NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by lottoe(m): 8:47pm On Jul 03, 2013
Personally, I feel NYSC should be scrapped, and the government should stop wasting innocent youth time and energy cos of 19,800 per month.I feel, nysc as lost it original purpose.Most youth after nysc,remain unemployed,so what is the major gain of serving the country?
I think they should rather provide job opportunties for youths, by establishing more industries and also upgrading of various sectors in the country,which will equally help in moving the country forward.
Does any youth still have faith in this nysc scheme? For me NO!

30 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by finebadtboy(m): 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2013
Yes yes oooooo I say yes oooo Yes 1000 times. It's looooong overdue. angry

7 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by Wendyslim(f): 9:58am On Jul 04, 2013
No because dats the only salary some people will receive in dir life time cos dir is no assurance of getting a salary job

13 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by AnOlAd: 9:58am On Jul 04, 2013
This topic keeps coming up all the time everywhere....#yawns# who wan scrap am Stop jonsing

Enjoy the 19800 and the other fun, networking and all the other good side that comes with it, a lot of people make it in life through this scheme and they build relationships that can take u high...

What the guarantee that if they scrap, youth will get Jobs Immediately....

Look on d better side jare... Forget scrap and less I forget ur opinion won't get to Federal Government cos some people are making billions from the scheme...

One year no go kill anyone...

Once again Enjoy it# winks#

21 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 04, 2013
If them like.
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by sholay2011(m): 10:02am On Jul 04, 2013
I don't agree that it shud be scrapped. It shud only be 'reviewed'. As much as many youths lost their lives in the course of the programme, others had opportunities opened for them through this means.

I can't imagine finishing school and just going straight to my papa's house wiv nufin to look forward to. Lol.

5 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by bellaberry: 10:03am On Jul 04, 2013
I think restructuring it would do. However, the aspect of innocent southerners being sent to the north should be scrapped. That is a suicide posting.

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by wayodude(m): 10:05am On Jul 04, 2013
No.
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by tellwisdom: 10:05am On Jul 04, 2013
What is scrapped??... Na biscuit? sad
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 04, 2013
Aye!
Even before I read ur post
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by nekaa(f): 10:06am On Jul 04, 2013
Yes I think....
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by braine(m): 10:06am On Jul 04, 2013
All of you doing calculations and telling government how to invest are really ignorant.

Just because some people found it unfavourable doesn't mean it should be scraped.

I'm currently enjoying my service time, even though its not a bed of roses. I didn't think I'd have such exposure if not for NYSC, despite the negative talks I heard about it right from my university days.

The Scheme is the only government scheme that makes sense to me.

You all are wasting your time. NYSC has come to stay.

2 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by PDPvsAPC: 10:07am On Jul 04, 2013
[size=18pt]THIS IS NOT A SUBJECT FOR DEBATE

NYSC SHOULD BE SCRAPPED.

THE AIM OF IT IS DEFEATED.
[/size]

10 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by easy36: 10:08am On Jul 04, 2013
yessssssssss............Then add up every expenses used on a copper from the first day of camp to the end of the one year NYSC totalling about 500,000 naira or more as a start up for these teeming fresh graduates. This was how it was done in the early 80's. This will go a long way to creating small businesses and growing the economy.

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by ekwerendi(m): 10:09am On Jul 04, 2013
it shouldn't be scrapped cus it brings unity in diversity ..besides its an avenue to prepare u for d challenges u will face in d labour market

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by bigx(m): 10:09am On Jul 04, 2013
yes
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by ColoursnBrushes: 10:09am On Jul 04, 2013
It shud be scrapped.

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by Eneze1(f): 10:10am On Jul 04, 2013
don't think it should be scraped, let's look at it from this angle, do u know how many people work for NYSC, what will be their fate if it is scraped, another point is a lot of people use service year as a period to save so that they can start a business of their own, Furthermore, NYSC serves as a way for people to be employed, if we go by the Nigeria system "before u get a job u hv to know somebody" a lot of youths that was retained after their service year won't have a job,because only those with long leg without anything upstairs will be employed, I just think the whole thing should be reviewed and the restrictions of not being able to serve in some organizations removed

4 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by PENMIGHT(m): 10:10am On Jul 04, 2013
It should be overhauled for better purposefullness not outrightly scrapped.
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by theripper3: 10:10am On Jul 04, 2013
U even dey enjoy, my time na 9750 I collect upon say Aboki nearly tidy me during election if not for Godd's grace. Chairman, do ur time and leave or better still , collect letter of exemption.

To serve is not by force.

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 04, 2013
No

One of the best phases of my life. It was actually the period of transition to adulthood.

First time living up north.

I enjoyed every bit of it.
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by fegam(f): 10:11am On Jul 04, 2013
off course YES... it has done more harm dan good...

2 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by stonemind(f): 10:11am On Jul 04, 2013
ook i think i made the frnt page 2day thank you oga seun
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by sylve11: 10:11am On Jul 04, 2013
Wendyslim: No because dats the only salary some people will receive in dir life time cos dir is no assurance of getting a salary job

Kai! smh. u need 30 yrs jail term. cool

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by tigonana: 10:12am On Jul 04, 2013
Na dat buhari idea I go still go for mke dem scrap am,every graduate will be given 250,000 each pending d tyme wey dem go see sometin do atleast wit dat amout dey can creat sometin wey dey go tke dey chop.for me they shld commot am joor.

2 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 04, 2013
Whether u people reach a concensus on its scraping,d authority saddled wit d responsibility doent share ur view either.we are all Ĵΰ§τ̅ wasting our time here though,I support its scraping outrytly.
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by ichommy(m): 10:14am On Jul 04, 2013
Plenty pple will loss their job o, include the DG, besides i never do my own.
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 04, 2013
finebadtboy: Yes yes oooooo I say yes oooo Yes 1000 times. It's looooong overdew. angry
Overdue, you mean? I think that 1year should be used learning how to spell. Would you agree?

5 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by ony073: 10:14am On Jul 04, 2013
CAPITAL YES!!! D only tin dt do make me happy na dere 19800 dey do pay.apart from dt,d scheme lack class. Can't wait for october to come and run comot 4 dis calabar to start a new chapter of my life. Painful aspect be say,I neva save one naira from dis dere money :'

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by oluwasola01(m): 10:14am On Jul 04, 2013
I think the NYSC should be scrapped instead of making graduates suffer and shed tears endlessly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What To Do During NYSC To Secure An Internship/job Afterwards / National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. / NYSC Batch “A” 2015 Call Up Letter Is Currently Out –see How To Print Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.