Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? (13232 Views)

The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) / See What A Lady Cooked For Her Man ! / Picture Of Jollof Rice Been Cooked By A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by leonard509(m): 9:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
this happend wen i was in secondary sch. . .the whole sch i.e both students and sch authority grew broke. . .xo our principal (a priest)said we the student were free to search for fruits in the bush..we were xo hapi. .cos previousli. .dat was a crime. . . .dis very day ,,i and ma friends went to a mango plantation datz not dat far 4rm the sch compound. .wile enjoyin our fruits..we heard the kitchen gong. .hopefully we ran as fast as we could xo as not 2 miss lunch. . .wen we arrived. .lo and behold. .we were served eba without soup,,and tea without bread. . .we had no choice ..we just munchd our eba and sipped our tea ..lyk the gentle men we were
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Amadaz(m): 10:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
The day hunger would have killed me i had no other option than to eat shit with 8cubes of sugar. I'll never forget that day
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Pagodas: 10:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
My own na ebaa wit red oil wit pepper
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by bagginwa(m): 10:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
1) Garri with milk,sugar,corn flakes,kwelikweli,tea,
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Neduzze5(m): 11:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
Bastard
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by pscott(m): 12:12am On Jul 14, 2013
1)Groundnut with abacha that is soaked in water. 2) Rice cooked with red oil. 3) Garri nd left over stew mixed together. Make brain die
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by shopisky(m): 12:22am On Jul 14, 2013
well as 4 me, dis jus happened a few months ago. All shops were closed due 2 student protests in sch. We cudnt buy anythin and i only had garri nd boiling ring. So i had 2 beg my roommate who jus finished cookin watery beans 2 give d 'water' on top of d beans. I made eba nd used d 'beans water' as my soup (like gbegiri). Great Improvisation.
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by kingblosky: 12:28am On Jul 14, 2013
FEGO Ogbomoso ; Injury time ?. Bread and close up tooth paste. Try it , its just like jam. If you graduate from that concentration camp alive, then I know you are a real man. Famine is an understatement. Infact at 12 you are already a man; at 13 you start sneaking out of school to eat hot Kpekus at Ikenga red light things.. Wallahi
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Vansnickers: 5:58am On Jul 14, 2013
remecy: Cabin Biscuit soked in milk(bako flakes.
Palm oil rice

Bro, That's a delicacy in Nigerian Boarding Schools.
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by yat11: 7:55am On Jul 14, 2013
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 14, 2013
cooking beans with hotplate at d middle of d nite, coz i had no kerosine. D situatn den was 1 eye open 1 eye closed, i almost burnt my landlord houz.
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by mondaypaul77(m): 9:40am On Jul 14, 2013
Mine was left over rice and pap(akamu).
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Prosil(m): 9:44am On Jul 14, 2013
cooking beans wit a spoonful of oil,one maggi cube,got salt from a friend,when d food was ready i realised i forgot pepper,so i bought Fresh peeper couldnt cook d food again,so each spoon of my white beans was accompanied by a bite of raw pepper...ma eyes red die dt day,hot beans + raw pepper,d sweet on me fit do wash cloth...wouldnt forget dt day
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by sunboy(m): 10:26am On Jul 14, 2013
Boil beans, add pepper, palm oil and sweetcorn =
ewa alagbado

Tomato paste mixed with dried grinded pepper, fry
dat and its a stew, add salt n maggi. Very
fast ...eenjoy wit rice.

Rice+dried pepper+ groundnut oil and boilled egg = concortion rice n egg

Tomato paste+dried pepper dats steew +sardine as
fish

Rice+peper+tomato paste+oil, add beans later =
jollof rice-beans. He deey sweet n fulll bele wella oo
bt makke suree u use hotplace so u ddnt waste gas.

All these I still cook till now, in my finals doh!
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by sunboy(m): 10:28am On Jul 14, 2013
Boil beans, add pepper, palm oil and sweetcorn = ewa alagbo

Tomato paste mixed with dried grinded pepper, fry dat and its a stew, add salt n maggi. Very fast ...eenjoy wit rice.

Rice+dried pepper+ groundnut oil and boilled egg = concortion rice n egg

Tomato paste+dried pepper dats steew +sardine as fish

Rice+peper+tomato paste+oil, add beans later = jollof rice-beans. He deey sweet n fulll bele wella oo bt makke suree u use hotplace so u ddnt waste gas.

All these I still cook till now, in my finals doh!
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by eldoradoxx: 11:09am On Jul 14, 2013
Heheheheheheheheheehehe. Many retired junkies are here ooh. U wud often see concotion in hostels in the university back then. How we over came eating concotion then was to make big advance deposits like say 10 or 15k for feeding at the school canteen at the beginning of every semester. A plate of decent meal then was like 150 naira . The canteen would normally open a register for you where details of ur account with them were entered. All you needed to do was to just place ur orders and when served, you were made to sign against the price of what u eat. Every weekend, the canteen would do the deduction and open another week clearly stating your account balance. In this way we went to school with ease, never worrying about what to eat. Infact if any of us exhausted his account, were allowed to eat on credit for one week pending when you make another deposit for them to deduct from. All I kept in my room were beverages etc. If you are school now, try this method, it works very well.
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
That one is normal. Abi how u wan take chop am b4?
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by lharstborn(m): 12:47pm On Jul 14, 2013
Back then in school, I was so broke that I only had just barely a cup of rice and leftover tomato paste and ground pepper. What u did?.. I mixed the tomato paste and ground pepper,added salt, thyme, Curry and Maggi for a good measure and I made stew-like concoction.. poured in the rice and made myself a healthy looking "JOLLOF RICE".. by students' standard sha.
grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Olainukan1(m): 12:48pm On Jul 14, 2013
ave u eva imaging prepare normal eba mixed with groundnut oil.sugar.groundnut and eat it lyk dat. or u've it in mind dat u still ave enough swallow 2 prepare and getting 2 ur food store is anoda story.semo,gari and tuwo.guess wat happen?
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by 9izi(m): 1:39pm On Jul 14, 2013
Bread and toothpaste lolzzz
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Awangold: 2:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
all of u had tins to eat but mine is worse i will have notin but instead i will make friend wit my next door neighbour to survive
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Vansnickers: 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2013
leonard509: this happend wen i was in secondary sch. . .the whole sch i.e both students and sch authority grew broke. . .xo our principal (a priest)said we the student were free to search for fruits in the bush..we were xo hapi. .cos previousli. .dat was a crime. . . .dis very day ,,i and ma friends went to a mango plantation datz not dat far 4rm the sch compound. .wile enjoyin our fruits..we heard the kitchen gong. .hopefully we ran as fast as we could xo as not 2 miss lunch. . .wen we arrived. .lo and behold. .we were served eba without soup,,and tea without bread. . .we had no choice ..we just munchd our eba and sipped our tea ..lyk the gentle men we were

Dude, na Kirikiri be that? Damn, That's tough.
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by remecy(f): 7:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
Na whao see food innovations, just to survive school life. I can't stop laughing. BREAD AND TOOTHPASTE. RICE AND PAP.
ITS WELL
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by RexNdubest(m): 9:21pm On Jul 14, 2013
Okpa & Garri (soaked)
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by dustincarnate: 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
vegetable soup (consisting of water leaf cooked with anointing oil + grinded pepper + curry & thyme).
UNFORGETTABLE DINNER OF MY LIFE
Na since dat i always tank 4 providn 3 square meal & those wey get notin 2 eat.
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by addicted268(f): 9:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
Secondary school:naturally,all d food in my second school was "concotion".the ones I made for myself were indomie soaked in cold water,garri soaked in plenty water for hours,popularly called "soak and travel"
.then once my elder sister forced me to eat very hard,very unripe pawpaw to sustain me before dinner time cos I missed lunch while serving punishment.wow can't forget that day.I dey cry dey chop!(I never liked pawpaw as a fruit,ripe or unripe.that was my first and only encounter with pawpaw)
University:concotion rice(rice,palm oil and salt) cheesy
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by darkashes(m): 9:53pm On Jul 14, 2013
that was the peak of my owu so i got beans stackd wit weevils, no time/i wuz hungry, al thanks to school's nepa-24/7 light,boild the beans wit boilin ring, the sachets of tomato paste that has bin forgoten became my al in al that period, took out one added to my bucket of boilin beans added a lil salt, what next? Nepa poof..bad day..brought out plate dishd out my 20mins-to-get-soft beans n tomato paste n savourd my delicacy wit garri. Meal tho bad that period
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by darkashes(m): 9:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
9izi: Bread and toothpaste lolzzz
rotflmao
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by darkashes(m): 10:03pm On Jul 14, 2013
niqqa it wasnt al bout the concotion that made me laff,but the mode in which u usd in gettin em
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by darkashes(m): 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2013
shopisky: well as 4 me, dis jus happened a few months ago. All shops were closed due 2 student protests in sch. We cudnt buy anythin and i only had garri nd boiling ring. So i had 2 beg my roommate who jus finished cookin watery beans 2 give d 'water' on top of d beans. I made eba nd used d 'beans water' as my soup (like gbegiri). Great Improvisation.
niqqa it wasnt al bout the concotion that made me laff,but the mode in which u usd in gettin em
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by iykillz(m): 10:13pm On Jul 14, 2013
Bread nd okpa
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Vivy25(f): 7:05am On Jul 15, 2013
Beans and macroni...lwkmd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Beautifully Sculpted Cakes / Why Do You Drink Malt Drinks? / Introducing The Nines’ Newest Brand Ambassadors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.