Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week (10345 Views)

Sudan’s Bashir To Visit China Despite International Arrest Warrant / President Goodluck Jonathan And First Lady Visit China [PHOTOS] / GEJ To Get 3 Billion Dollars INFRASTRUCTURE LOAN From CHINA Next Week!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by Rossikk(m): 9:43pm On Jul 03, 2013
His Excellency, the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, MSc, PhD, GCFR, is to embark on a five-day official state visit to China next week. Among other engagements, the President will meet with his Chinese counterpart, President Xi Jinping, to discuss pressing business issues affecting both nations.

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan will visit China next week in a trip aimed at signing infrastructure deals and boosting trade between the Asian power and Africa's biggest oil producer, officials said Wednesday.

Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation, has borrowed money from China to finance infrastructure projects, and Beijing has shown increasing interest in Nigeria's oil industry.

Jonathan is expected in China from July 9-12.

"We want to build trade and economic relationships and we want to have a good exchange of knowledge," Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala told reporters.

She said that the visit aims to "increase trade, get them to increase investment in Nigeria and get a strategic long-term relationship".

"We want to up our trade volume with China of non-oil goods. This is our objective because we want to diversify our economy," she said.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/07/03/nigerian-president-to-visit-china-next-week/

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by Rossikk(m): 10:08pm On Jul 03, 2013
I wonder what Obama thinks of this.. cool It certainly sends a message... The US president's plane has barely left the African airspace before the leader of the continent's 2nd biggest economy embarks on a five-day state visit to China.

It sends all sorts of messages.

29 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by mike404(m): 10:16pm On Jul 03, 2013
PRESIDENT JONATHAN TO ASK CHINA’S LEADERS FOR GREATER DIRECT INVESTMENT IN THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY

President Goodluck Jonathan will lead a high-powered team of governors, members of the National Assembly, ministers and representatives of Nigeria’s private sector to China next week for talks with Chinese leaders and captains of industry aimed at increasing China’s direct investment in the Nigerian economy.

President Jonathan who will leave Abuja on Monday evening for the five-day state visit to China is scheduled to hold separate meetings with President Xi Jinping, Premier Li Keqiang and the Chairman of the Standing Committee of the National Peoples Congress, Mr. Zhang Dejiang.

Talks between President Jonathan and the Chinese leaders will focus on greater bilateral cooperation in areas such as the development of public infrastructure, oil and gas, power supply, agriculture, communications and tourism.

It is expected that before the conclusion of the visit on Friday, July 12, 2013, new bilateral agreements and memoranda of understanding will be concluded and signed to guide and sustain future Nigeria-China relations in these and other areas of cooperation.

The President will be accompanied by the Governors of Abia, Anambra, Gombe and Bauchi States, Senator Paulinus Nwagu, Hon. Tahir Monguno and the Ministers of Foreign Affairs, Finance, Petroleum, Works, Agriculture, Works, Aviation, Solid Minerals, Transport, National Planning, Trade & Investment, Niger Delta, Justice, Culture & Tourism as well as the Minister of State for Defence.

He will also participate in a special session of the Nigeria/China Investment Forum which will be attended by leading Chinese investors and their Nigerian counterparts.

President Jonathan and his delegation will also hold separate meetings with the Chairmen and Chief Executive Officers of leading Chinese conglomerates such as Huawei, SINOPEC and ZTE.

His engagements in Beijing will also include commissioning the new Nigerian Embassy building, laying the foundation stone for the residence of Nigeria’s Ambassador to China and meeting with members of the Nigerian community in China.

Before returning to Abuja, the President and his delegation will visit Daqing in China’s Heilongjiang Province to confer with leaders of the Provincial government and tour the Daqing Petrochemical Industry and Agricultural Demonstration Farm.

Reuben Abati

Special Adviser to the President

(Media & Publicity)

July 3, 2013

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by mike404(m): 10:16pm On Jul 03, 2013
NICE ONE MR PRESIDENT

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by lacasa: 10:19pm On Jul 03, 2013
Better the chinese than those darn red-neck americans

4 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 03, 2013
Unto wetin nah, Obama levels abi? My friend sidon 4 Naija repair wetin u spoil. Next issue pls undecided
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by zhirinmai(m): 10:21pm On Jul 03, 2013
Woo woo woo dis is very intrestin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 10:22pm On Jul 03, 2013
Ok gudbye mr Ajala traveller.......na our money dem kuku dey spend.......
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by xrazzy(m): 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2013
and ASUU is on strike ba? Hmmm! Dana-like scenario on my mind tongue
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by mike404(m): 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2013
lacasa: Better the chinese than those darn red-neck americans
JTF NEVER KII THIS BOKO BOY

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by Wendyslim(f): 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2013
We don hear
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by Neaman(m): 10:27pm On Jul 03, 2013
Abeg GEJ help me buy d latest Chi-chi phone with 5 sim ports..cos i wan begin use all d netwrk wey dey 9ja.

4 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by 50calibre(m): 10:28pm On Jul 03, 2013
Nice one! This is designed to send a message to the US, that Nigeria is willing to forge new relationships with other world powers should its position and influence in Africa be undermined.

Please GEJ, add russia to your diary, after visiting china, schedule a trip to russia.

22 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by Rossikk(m): 10:29pm On Jul 03, 2013
^^Brazil too.

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by picoba(m): 10:29pm On Jul 03, 2013
His Excellency, the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan,N.C.E, BSc, MSc, PhD, GCFR,PDP, JTF is to embark on a five-day state visit to China next week

1. PLEASE,help me buy chaina phone while coming to Nigeria.

2. Remember to visit all Nigerians in prision there in Chaina.

3. Tell them to remain there because the problem they run from is still there.
4. Beware of corruption there ooooooooooo

4 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by HezronLorraine(m): 10:32pm On Jul 03, 2013
Right now.I'm trying to base a research on the current Chinese-african relationship and decline of the US supremacy on the continent.could this current trend become the catalyst for a rapid african development.what are the setbacks and benefits?
Still I think its a good move as a Non-aligned state to diversify your foreign policy to every beneficial friendly states.GEJ's govt as tried with the level of FDI in the country as well as the strong presence of bilateral commitments of partnering-countries.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by OAM4J: 10:32pm On Jul 03, 2013
Rossikk: I wonder what Obama thinks of this.. cool It certainly sends a message... The US president's plane has barely left the African airspace before the leader of the continent's 2nd biggest economy embarks on a five-day state visit to China.

I thought exactly same thing after seeing the topic.

Sure sends a message. The outcome is what I cant tell.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by InvertedHammer: 10:33pm On Jul 03, 2013
/
The Presido is looking for asylum spot in case you f.uckers get off your lazy a.sses and protest.

I no blame the guy. Egypt is a case study.

//

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 03, 2013
I like this. The Chinese, their limitations notwithstanding, seem to be better development partners than the West.

I'm particularly interested in the trade and infrastructure deals being signed. I hope we're getting good value though.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by chaloner(m): 10:34pm On Jul 03, 2013
BSc, MSc, PhD, GCFR love dis , and dey forgot CHI
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 03, 2013
The President will be accompanied by the Governors of Abia, Anambra, Gombe and Bauchi States, Senator Paulinus Nwagu, Hon. Tahir Monguno and the Ministers of Foreign Affairs, Finance, Petroleum, Works, Agriculture, Works, Aviation, Solid Minerals, Transport, National Planning, Trade & Investment, Niger Delta, Justice, Culture & Tourism as well as the Minister of State for Defence.

It reads more like Nigeria is visiting China.

6 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by Symphony007: 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2013
Lovely!! This is just what we need but caution is also expected. And this entourage is too big. What are those governours tagging along for? Why can't members of the FEC just go along rather than wasting taxpayers money on transport and welfare of govenours who should be tending to their states.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by Hamazz1: 10:38pm On Jul 03, 2013
O.k niger borrowed Money from china to finance infrastructural projects.we r always borrowing money all for noting.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by Asemo11(m): 10:38pm On Jul 03, 2013
Jonathan abeg if u day come back help me buy 2gb memory card and flash drive from alibaba or aliexpress.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by scholes23(m): 10:40pm On Jul 03, 2013
NTA NEWS
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 03, 2013
50calibre: Nice one! This is designed to send a message to the US, that Nigeria is willing to forge new relationships with other world powers should its position and influence in Africa be undermined.

Please GEJ, add russia to your diary, after visiting china, schedule a trip to russia.
U got it. Can u imagine Obama visiting Africa since he became America President without coming to Nigeria for d second time.Only want us to introduce homo in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by hardniola(m): 10:42pm On Jul 03, 2013
i dont like/trust china.
Half of their populate we be employ in one company they open in d name of expert.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by moodswing(m): 10:46pm On Jul 03, 2013
Rossikk: I wonder what Obama thinks of this.. cool It certainly sends a message... The US president's plane has barely left the African airspace before the leader of the continent's 2nd biggest economy embarks on a five-day state visit to China.

Our dear president is sending the perfect message. We don't need Obama in Nigeria neither is our president interested in America. China is the real deal when it comes to business and economy. The United States is only known for international politicking.

What our country needs is business and economic growth and not international politicking.

4 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by Perkins007: 10:46pm On Jul 03, 2013
Well it is a good idea but his entourage is much
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by mondaypaul77(m): 10:47pm On Jul 03, 2013
That is a very good counter attack on president barack obama for snubbing nigeria on his two states visit to africa. With these move, we shall pschologically earn the respect of uncle sam.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by Rossikk(m): 10:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
Symphony007: Lovely!! This is just what we need but caution is also expected. And this entourage is too big. What are those governours tagging along for? Why can't members of the FEC just go along rather than wasting taxpayers money on transport and welfare of govenours who should be tending to their states.

You don't seem to grasp the sheer scale of opportunities that abound in China in all areas of investment. You need serious players who are decision makers in their own right on that trip with Mr President. It is right that some governors went along.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week by emmabest2000(m): 10:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
During OBJ Regime he visited china and nothing happened , GEJ visit will be the same thing also tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Killings: Investigate Ahmed Maje’s Claims - MURIC / Oby Ezekwesili Accuses Buhari Of Copying Campaign Promise / WTO: General Council Agrees Guidelines For Final Stage Of DG Selection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.