Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now (8304 Views)

Bukola Saraki Confirms That He Now Has Ministerial List / See What Bad Roads Are Causing In Aba (photo) / Bomb Blast In Kano (Sabon Gari Luxury Bus Park) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by billante(m): 8:49am On Jul 04, 2013
ABUJA—The Federal Government, yesterday, said it would construct dual carriage way to link the six geographical zones in the country to reduce travel times as well as ease the hardship being encountered by travellers.
This was disclosed by the Minister of Works, Mike Onelememen when he received members of the Association of Luxury Bus Owners of Nigeria in his office.

The luxury bus owners who were forced out of transport business in the past following deplorable condition of roads visited Onolememen to commend the Federal Government on the improvements made on federal highways.
They also said their buses had started plying the roads again as a result of the new improved condition of Nigeria roads.

However, the Minister promised that before the end of this administration, government will embark on the project of connecting the six geo-political zones of the country with dual carriageway.
He stated that the illegal activities on the Right of Way, ROW, along federal highways would be addressed as such roads would be physically demarcated and secured.
The luxury bus owners led by Chairman of ABC transport company, Mr. Frank Nneji, told the minister that they had travelled round the country, pointing out that, the good condition of roads nationwide showed the competence, professionalism and speed on the side of government.

Onolememen, who was delighted to receive the bus owners, expressed appreciation that such words were great encouragement for government to improve further on the condition of roads.
He noted that President Goodluck Jonathan had during inception of his government in 2011 made a commitment to make roads motorable in the country adding, ‘‘it is that article of faith that is driving us to deliver on his transformational promises.’’
The Minister further said that when he visited Onitsha, Anambra State, in 2011, he noticed the rate of dilapidation of the roads as well as gully erosion but said that the situation had since changed for the better in the commercial city which was the gateway to South East.
According to him, Onitsha was now the ‘‘home of good roads.’’
Onolememen further said that he “travelled by road recently from Abuja to Benin, Shagamu and Lagos and was very much delighted to see the tremendous achievements of this administration on the provision of international standard road network.”

On tolling, he stated that the Federal Government had not yet decided on the issue due to its determination to give Nigerians an international standard road network.

Earlier, the Leader of the delegation and Chairman ABC Transport Mr. Frank Nneji, stated that they were in the ministry to congratulate the Minster and his team for fixing the Nigerian Highways and not to complain of anything.
Nneji added that it was because of the fact that the roads were in good condition that made the ABC Transportation reduce its fares for Nigerians, pointing out that the association was delighted over the initiative to construct the Second Niger Bridge as well as re-construct and expand the Lagos-Ibadan Express way.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/fg-to-link-geo-political-zones-with-dual-carriage-ways/

Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by iamswizz(m): 9:02am On Jul 04, 2013
wow! thats nice.. considering the fact that people still die on those roads everyday

1 Like

Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by Emade(m): 9:03am On Jul 04, 2013
keep telling us story waytin get beginning go get end
Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by devour129: 9:03am On Jul 04, 2013
It's always this ABC guy . Good morning everyone
Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by fitzmayowa: 9:03am On Jul 04, 2013
I guess the driver is drunk

1 Like

Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by miracle4(m): 9:04am On Jul 04, 2013
wow! great stuff
Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by LEXYCOM: 9:04am On Jul 04, 2013
Am I d second?.....oluwa I tank u oooo
Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by ezedolar: 9:04am On Jul 04, 2013
That is a good development. First to
Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by jacob05(m): 9:06am On Jul 04, 2013
The Driver is probably Drunk.... or the Road Made Him Drunk ... lol grin
Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by omiobo: 9:06am On Jul 04, 2013
Na Photoshop! grin

no quote me o! Na free world talk you own
Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 04, 2013
Is a gradual process,we shall soon get there
Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by badmrkt(m): 9:07am On Jul 04, 2013
finally, fresh air is sufficient to every Nigerian.
anybody wey talk say we no go enjoy this fresh air him water no go boil.
SIGNED:TEAM FRESH AIR!

4 Likes

Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by Wendyslim(f): 9:10am On Jul 04, 2013
Na the few gud ones dem dey show us ,wat of the bad ones? undecided
Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by bizzlemie(m): 9:11am On Jul 04, 2013
Story story...........STOOOOOOOORY!! tongue
Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by 2fine2fast(m): 9:11am On Jul 04, 2013
They came to collect their SHARE.....................,.,.....,,...................what do you expect?
Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by ochukoccna: 9:11am On Jul 04, 2013

Preconstruction work on the Benin-Lagos road, a claim Oshiomhole debunked.
Oshiomhole described the controversy over the project as unnecessary, adding that he brought the documents to settle the issue once and for all.
He insisted that if the Ministry claimed it paid for the contract, Edo State should have its money refunded.
“If the Ministry of Works insist they did the work, it would mean they are claiming money for work they did not do and that will be fraud, Oshiomhole said, just as he called on the House of Reps to investigate the matter.
The Governor enumerated several Federal projects executed by the State Government and called for re-imbursement, even as he observed that the designs of Federal Road projects in the state were without provision for drainages.
He commended the House of Reps for its legislative activism, saying that the House was giving meaning to the principle of separation of powers.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/07/03/oshiomhole-debunks-ministers-claim-on-road-project/

Do you mean the same FG which claims the glory for the projects undertaken by others? grin angry sad shocked
devour129: It's always this ABC guy . Good morning everyone
I didn't know you too noticed
Yet the NUPENG just called off a strike because of tge state of our raods and other stuff they demanded
Who is fooling who grin grin
Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by AbuMikey(m): 9:15am On Jul 04, 2013
The driver dey normal?
Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 04, 2013
If you have been traveling on Nigerian roads you will notice the development since GEJ came to power. Lets all say the truth, if you don't travel on federal highways then close your mouth and stop yarning dust. There have been major and Good improvements on Federal highways at least i now travel from owerri to Lagos and enjoy my ride without worries. Nigerian Federal roads are now looking more sweeter than ever before

20 Likes

Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by talk2s(m): 9:24am On Jul 04, 2013
GEJ and the Transformation Team, keep it up.
Before Twenty Fifteen, doubters would have repented.
Watch Out.

1 Like

Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by DANILSA(m): 9:25am On Jul 04, 2013
Emade: keep telling us story waytin get beginning go get end
Why dont you travel urself and see. why claiming Thomas bond here.
Kudos to FG

1 Like

Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by stagger: 9:27am On Jul 04, 2013
While I can confirm that many of the major highways have improved, I do not know why the first poster put a picture of the Outer Northern Expressway (otherwise known as Kubwa expressway) as a picture to prove this. Why put up a road that is majorly located in Abuja?

Why not put pictures of the real roads we are talking of?

3 Likes

Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by Arosa(m): 9:31am On Jul 04, 2013
una sure say na naija roads be this? shocked shocked shocked fresh air don true true come naija oo.
Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by yuzedo: 9:33am On Jul 04, 2013
huh? poeple still tramvul by rode?? shocked didnt dey have airpot in deir location??!?! undecided am not even sayin use private jet like we d reach poeple of banana iceland or hellicpter. just use publick al-barka airline or bellveiw dammit!! angry so much povverty in dis contry. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by Zonacom(m): 9:34am On Jul 04, 2013
To say that onitsha is the home of good roads is pure exageration. The truth though is that roads in onitsha are gradually becoming better. I have plied the onitsha enugu expressway severally this week and i must say that there is improvement around the nkpor axis. That nkpor flyover is a beauty to behold with the streetlights at the centre

3 Likes

Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 04, 2013
film trick!!. when they repair lagos-ibadan, i will know the roads are better
Re: Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now by gregg2: 9:44am On Jul 04, 2013
devour129: It's always this ABC guy . Good morning everyone

What's your beef with that? He is the current luxury bus owners president.
Keep taking the breath of fresh air anyways. I'm taking mine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

** Bola Tinubu's Mindless Acquisition Of Properties - To What End (PIC) ** / Court Refuses Agf’s Application To Stop Senate Probe On Maina / Court Orders Damagum To Swear In Udeh-Okoye As National Secretary Of PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.