Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,924 members, 7,803,000 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (681761 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by justwise(m): 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2013
bettymafy:

Why don't u just post it here so other people can benefit? wink
Seconded.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:00pm On Jul 08, 2013
Cool down people. I was going to post, just making sure ppl still come here lol.

As I earlier mentioned, the baby will be a citizen immediately with health card and social insurance card given immediately. My nurse friends I consulted, advised to be in the country early enough, atleast before tummy starts showing well to avoid not allowing to fly to entry into the country.

In terms of delivery, they said it shouldnt cost more than 6 thousand dollars but to hold 10 thousand dollars as each doctor visit, one will pay.

In terms of hospital, u will be assigned to a hospital in your area where you stay. For Canada, once you land, you look for any walk in clinic in your area and register with a family doctor. It's now the family doctor that will find you a gynecologist and you deliver your baby in the hospital where your gynecologist work. That's it and I hope the information helps.

Good luck, safe journey and safe delivery, amen

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Rexwoods: 5:41pm On Jul 08, 2013
@hotstepper.pls post I have been waiting for ur response. Thnx

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Rexwoods: 5:49pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hotstepper: Cool down people. I was going to post, just making sure ppl still come here lol.

As I earlier mentioned, the baby will be a citizen immediately with health card and social insurance card given immediately. My nurse friends I consulted, advised to be in the country early enough, atleast before tummy starts showing well to avoid not allowing to fly to entry into the country.

In terms of delivery, they said it shouldnt cost more than 6 thousand dollars but to hold 10 thousand dollars as each doctor visit, one will pay.

In terms of hospital, u will be assigned to a hospital in your area where you stay. For Canada, once you land, you look for any walk in clinic in your area and register with a family doctor. It's now the family doctor that will find you a gynecologist and you deliver your baby in the hospital where your gynecologist work. That's it and I hope the information helps.

Good luck, safe journey and safe delivery, amen

@hotstepper thnx for d info. Canada's process seem to be more complicated unlike d usa. My cousin also told me that u have to enter like 4 months b4 EDD cos doctors don't take patients frm 2 moths to delivery.
Thnx. Pls update with any other info

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:54pm On Jul 08, 2013
Oh k. 4 months earlier is not bad especially if you have somewhere to stay. Then maybe you should go to the US but have in mind to leave earlier unless u will back date Hehehehe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Rexwoods: 6:01pm On Jul 08, 2013
@hotstepper am already considering US. Will weigh d two options sha. Thnx a bunch
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
Ok. Good luck
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2013
Na wa ooo. So this thread will just die like that.

@Justwise

can you please start a thread on "giving birth in Canada and it's requirements"? You know if it is THE US I wont bother....reason? You know I don't like that country. Canada is one country I love amongst a few. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by justwise(m): 6:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
jennykadry: Na wa ooo. So this thread will just die like that.

@Justwise

can you please start a thread on "giving birth in Canada and it's requirements"? You know if it is THE US I wont bother....reason? You know I don't like that country. Canada is one country I love amongst a few. smiley

Will consider that.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
jennykadry: Na wa ooo. So this thread will just die like that.

@Justwise

can you please start a thread on "giving birth in Canada and it's requirements"? smiley

Seconded!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Rexwoods: 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
Pls i'll appreciate if we continue this thread.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Rexwoods: 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2013
Helloooooooo anyone here
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by tobsin: 6:17am On Jul 11, 2013
Hey house,

As regards giving birth in Canada, it is true that any child born on Canadian soil gets automatic citizenship. However, I beg to disagree with Justwise that the child gets automatic health card too. Health card is given only if either parent has one.
Regarding when to 'enter', I know someone that came in less than 3 weeks before she had her baby. I'm not sure of the official date.

Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 11, 2013
@tobsin........Justwise never mentioned health card, it was hotstepper, read very well before you post.
tobsin: Hey house,

As regards giving birth in Canada, it is true that any child born on Canadian soil gets automatic citizenship. However, I beg to disagree with Justwise that the child gets automatic health card too. Health card is given only if either parent has one.
Regarding when to 'enter', I know someone that came in less than 3 weeks before she had her baby. I'm not sure of the official date.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by tobsin: 4:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
My apologies.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Rexwoods: 7:04pm On Jul 11, 2013
tobsin: Hey house,

Thanks
@tobsin thanks for the info. Pls do you have an idea of d cost and hospital. Help with all info u can get. Was d birth in Toronto ? because I heard its had to get a doctor if u above 30 weeks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by tobsin: 6:54am On Jul 12, 2013
The birth was not in Toronto, it was in a different city still in Ontario though. We have few ob/gyn in my church, so I think people coming to give birth here just register with them. You could check if there are any Nigerian ob/gyn in T.O willing to take on new patients.
Regarding the cost, it would depend on the method of delivery and how many days you spend. You typically spend 2 nights after delivery, but it might last longer if there are any complications. I could make some research on the specific costs. For the hospital, it is usually the hospital that your ob/gyn practices.
Hope I have been of help.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Rexwoods: 7:00am On Jul 12, 2013
@tobsin thanks a bunch. Pls help with research on costs . Many thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Rexwoods: 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2013
Tobsin and hotstepper where are u guys

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Rexwoods: 8:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hello where's everyone. Is this thread still alive?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 8:35am On Jul 16, 2013
Rexwood, u said u are considering the US so I thought my job here is done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Rexwoods: 7:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
Hotstepper: Rexwood, u said u are considering the US so I thought my job here is done.
Yes but I need all the info I can get to make up my mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 8:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
Ok. Will continue to ask for information then. I think my sisters friend in Canada help ppl to find hospital etc. Would find out
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Rexwoods: 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2013
Na wa ooooo.... Na so this forum just go mute??

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ifegy: 8:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
Perhaps specify exactly what further questions you have...
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by allspark: 1:25pm On Aug 05, 2013
please does anyone know the possibility of getting a Canadian visa while pregnant. if pregnancy shows in the medical test is that a reason to deny the visa?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 05, 2013
^^^Does the medical test involve xray?. if it does please don't go ahead with it cos its not safe for your baby. I'm also processing Canada visa but had to put it on hold since I'm pregnant.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Rexwoods: 3:08pm On Aug 05, 2013
@ifegy , I need information on exact cost and suggested hospital
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2013
Rexwoods: @ifegy , I need information on exact cost and suggested hospital
Try to contact hotstepper, she seems to know a lot about canada healthcare.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ifegy: 6:26pm On Aug 05, 2013
Rexwoods: @ifegy , I need information on exact cost and suggested hospital

You can try PM'ing hotstepper, as honey86 suggested.
Also, you can try google- look up hospitals in the city where you want to go and then call them to ask if they will take non-citizens/permanent residents, and how much they'll charge. They don't seem to put such info on their websites, apparently; so direct contact might be the way to go.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by allspark: 8:30pm On Aug 05, 2013
@honey86,

thanks oh. so true about the xray. Please were you called for the medical test and then put the test on hold? is that possible to tell the cdhc that you wanna postpone the medical test till later?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 05, 2013
my husband informed them that i'm pregnant and so will have to put it on hold.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (167) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.