Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,226 members, 7,807,759 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (682388 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by skymorbabs: 12:51pm On Aug 02, 2015
Rgds to Dad & Mum, pls hw can som1 arrange medical iv frm canada as we dnt hv any body dia to get visitin papers?
Plssss assist in details wt affordable medical centre.
Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
skymorbabs:

Rgds to Dad & Mum, pls hw can som1 arrange medical iv frm canada as we dnt hv any body dia to get visitin papers?
Thanks

Some people got their visas without invitation letters. Just do a hotel reservation.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
naijaFrank, few questions please. . .

-Which hospital did you use? How much?
-Which Doctor? How much?
-At how many weeks did your wife travel?
-How did you go about getting an apartment?

Abeg indulge me.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sarilo4lif: 10:25am On Aug 05, 2015
Phema:
naijaFrank, few questions please. . .
-Which hospital did you use? How much?
-Which Doctor? How much?
-At how many weeks did your wife travel?
-How did you go about getting an apartment?
Abeg indulge me.

Please anyone can kindly give us updates on phemas request as I also intend to do same in December/January.
Also can anyone pls help discus how my HB and I can apply... Together or separately... I still don't get the application process. Txs
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Goldie10: 9:15am On Aug 06, 2015
Hello All,

@hotstepper or anyone else, please is only under OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Programme) that once you have your baby everything is free for the child?

Cos a colleague's wife had her child 2 weeks ago in Calgary and she had to pay for the child's stay for 2 nights.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by reachyetty: 7:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hi all.
I am due in late October but my husband and I just submitted our application for a visiting visa last week. Does anyone know how long it will take to get a response from them?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sarilo4lif: 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
@reachyetty please how did u submit your application? Online or paper I have been trying in the last 3weeks to do it online to no avail. Txz
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by reachyetty: 11:25am On Aug 11, 2015
sarilo4lif:
@reachyetty please how did u submit your application? Online or paper I have been trying in the last 3weeks to do it online to no avail. Txz

We submitted online.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by dudet(f): 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
skymorbabs:

Thanks

Please have you gotten a feedback on getting a medical invite from Canada? Just got my visa today and already 36 weeks, I've been talking to a doctor in Hamilton, Ontario (where my sister lives) but i'm starting to think its too late.

Response from canadian embassy took 3 months; i hadnt envisaged it taking that long, so now i have about 3 days to plan a trip. I currently have about 8k USD; and would be staying with my sister. I just need some advise ASAP.....i dont want to risk the airline turning me back (although Delta airlines just says i should get a doctor's report which i can) or getting turned back at immigration in Canada..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:57am On Aug 14, 2015
Congratulations! You will not be turned back. Get ur fit to fly letter from.your doctor, if possible as your sister to get the doctor to write a letter stating u have an appointment with her/him at a specific time and write down ur sisters complete home address.

Above all, say the truth as it is not illegal to give birth here. Save journey and we await usmiley

dudet:

Please have you gotten a feedback on getting a medical invite from Canada? Just got my visa today and already 36 weeks, I've been talking to a doctor in Hamilton, Ontario (where my sister lives) but i'm starting to think its too late.

Response from canadian embassy took 3 months; i hadnt envisaged it taking that long, so now i have about 3 days to plan a trip. I currently have about 8k USD; and would be staying with my sister. I just need some advise ASAP.....i dont want to risk the airline turning me back (although Delta airlines just says i should get a doctor's report which i can) or getting turned back at immigration in Canada..
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:59am On Aug 14, 2015
Did u submit online or at the embassy ?

reachyetty:
Hi all.
I am due in late October but my husband and I just submitted our application for a visiting visa last week. Does anyone know how long it will take to get a response from them?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:01am On Aug 14, 2015
I would think that baby's stay will be free since the baby gets health card immediately. Please let her ask well

quote author=Goldie10 post=36661051]Hello All,

@hotstepper or anyone else, please is only under OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Programme) that once you have your baby everything is free for the child?

Cos a colleague's wife had her child 2 weeks ago in Calgary and she had to pay for the child's stay for 2 nights.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:03am On Aug 14, 2015
Ok I am waiting ..sorry for late reply...too busy

emjaygbols:
Hello All, Nice to see a thread on this. I had previously been considering US but with this, I'm definitely porting. @Hotstepper, I'm compiling my questions ooo *wink*
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:05am On Aug 14, 2015
Hospital bill depends on the hospital and dr and where u r heading to. Rent also depends on where and how many bedroom. So be specific to be able to answer ur question

agriboom:
Hello @hotstepper or anybody in the know, can you please help with name of reasonably priced hospital and/or Dr for childbirth, what's the average price and how much to rent an apartment for like a month within the suggested areas?

Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:06am On Aug 14, 2015
Sorry for the late reply. It's nnemadumelu@yahoo.com

DivideUs:

@hotstepper, may I have your email addy, we are due in October and would like to consider the Canada route, were headed for the US but this Canada thing I'm liking it, or do I pm you?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 14, 2015
dudet:

I think you should book your flight ASAP and leave. Please, check with your Dr to see that everything is fine and that baby won't be coming anytime before the 38th week. Delta Airline does not have any restrictions, but be sure to go with your fit-to-fly.

Where are you headed and which hospital? Did your Dr agree to take you in this late in pregnancy?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by skymorbabs: 9:26am On Aug 15, 2015
dudet:

I hv nt get any medical iv yet........ I wl sugest using ur sister ova dia to help u in arrangin for 1. Dey hv beta chances upon such. Mail d cic also ..... jst for record update. Best of luck!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sarilo4lif: 12:11am On Aug 18, 2015
please wat credit card did u use to pay as i have bben trying UBA MAster CArd with Nigerian location and 00000 as zipcode and my home addy as the address requested
please assist asap

Hotstepper:
Did u submit online or at the embassy ?

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sarilo4lif: 12:12am On Aug 18, 2015
please wat credit card did u use to pay as i have bben trying UBA MAster CArd with Nigerian location and 00000 as zipcode and my home addy as the address requested
please assist asap

reachyetty:

We submitted online.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:59am On Aug 18, 2015
Didn't apply but u should try gtb or diamond

sarilo4lif:
please assist asap

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sarilo4lif: 7:36am On Aug 21, 2015
Una do ooooooooo

My people my my people, please let's make this thread busy by giving each other advices on the processes some of u are going about as well as states. Let's not just be quiet. We all want a better life for our coming kids that's y this thread was started not for lonely Rangers.

Please if u have details on Hospitals, Doctors! Cheaper rates and more convenient states please share as some of us look on this page daily for shared ideas and advices.

I hope his keeps people on their feet

Ps I'm still looking for hospitals and Doctors in Manitoba canada please any relevant info would do
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 21, 2015
sarilo4lif:
Una do ooooooooo

My people my my people, please let's make this thread busy by giving each other advices on the processes some of u are going about as well as states. Let's not just be quiet. We all want a better life for our coming kids that's y this thread was started not for lonely Rangers.

Please if u have details on Hospitals, Doctors! Cheaper rates and more convenient states please share as some of us look on this page daily for shared ideas and advices.

I hope his keeps people on their feet

Ps I'm still looking for hospitals and Doctors in Manitoba canada please any relevant info would do

Do you have your visa already? Why Manitoba? Maybe you should contact Hotstepper.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
The amount of emails I get on a daily basis ehh from this thread is alarming. Plz post ur questions here so everyone will benefit . U can also do ur own research on Google or contact family members, friends or someone who had given birth in Canada.

If u r not considering having a baby in TORONTO for instance, I really can't help anyone with doctor or hospital .

Good luck with visa
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
My friends sister came from Naija to give birth in Winnipeg. Though she's a citizen but I can ask her sis to get the info of the doctor from her. That's as far as I will do . Not soon now I get question about accommodation. The lady sis staying at her mother's house

quote author=Phema post=37177101]

Do you have your visa already? Why Manitoba? Maybe you should contact Hotstepper.[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sarilo4lif: 2:07am On Aug 22, 2015
Phema:

Do you have your visa already? Why Manitoba? Maybe you should contact Hotstepper.

How's Lo doing @phema

Applied n expecting a positive response oh. I did contact her tho she's not in Manitoba. Manitoba cos that's were I have family n it def would save me accommodation expenses
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
Ur u KY u have family members in Manitoba. Just tell them to ask their family doctor to refer them.to a gynecologist and they get all the info u need

quote author=sarilo4lif post=37206260]

How's Lo doing @phema

Applied n expecting a positive response oh. I did contact her tho she's not in Manitoba. Manitoba cos that's were I have family n it def would save me accommodation expenses [/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by shimk: 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
[quote author=Hotstepper post=37194665]My friends sister came from Naija to give birth in Winnipeg. Though she's a citizen but I can ask her sis to get the info of the doctor from her. That's as far as I will do . Not soon now I get question about accommodation. The lady sis staying at her

hey hotstepper pls hv u been able to find out about d doct ur friends sister used.

n also is Winnipeg a cheap and affordable city
?

thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sarilo4lif: 9:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
Please people let come on board and discuss this thing properly oh.
People hi have gone / know ppl hi have gone shod pls discuss point of Entry palapa I beg.
As well as hospitals and doctors accessible to international birthing mums without insurance.
Point of exit interactions. Let's not let this thread die naaaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 26, 2015
sarilo4lif:
How's Lo doing @phema

Applied n expecting a positive response oh. I did contact her tho she's not in Manitoba. Manitoba cos that's were I have family n it def would save me accommodation expenses

Hopefully, you will get your visa. You might want to ask your family to look around for an affordable hospital and Doctor like Hotstepper advised.

Please, don't forget to update us here. smiley
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by dunwun: 1:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
@ Phema

Caccia Nicolette Dr 
204 Church Street, York ON M9N 1N7
+1416-438-2727

Www.hrh. ca

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
dunwun:
@ Phema

Caccia Nicolette Dr 
204 Church Street, York ON M9N 1N7
+1416-438-2727

Www.hrh. ca

Nice one ma'am. Thanks.

Planning on going to Canada now?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by dunwun: 2:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
Nah, but Frank shared with me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.