Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (682625 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 10:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
Hahaha! You are funny. You are a pro na. Happy new year to you too

vcole

post=41750387:

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! feeling like i've been given a knightly dub by the Pro. lol! Happy new year @hotstepper
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by kehara: 11:49am On Jan 08, 2016
@all the pro's in the house(thks). I plan to go with my mum to Canada so she would help with the kids since I intend travelling with 2 and expecting the third. She has visited Canada before. My aunt also wants to talk to her GP if she could give me a letter, but my question is can I include my mum in my online application. My uncle thinks it's the wisest thing to do since I would be applying with my kids and declaring to have another baby.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by awash: 12:07pm On Jan 08, 2016
@Hotstepper

I want to apply for tourist visa but i was told that the Canada don't grant visa based on tourist unless you have a host that will give you invitation letter; please can you give me more detail on the issue.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by vcole: 12:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
Hey. Yes, i think it is the wise thing to do, but would she be sponsoring herself or would you and/or your husband be sponsoring her? I am asking this because if the latter is the case, then you would need to ensure your funds are able to adequately cover travel expenses for all 5 of you (new baby inclusive).
If not, then she can apply for a regular visitor visa like she has done in the past and you can list her as a travel companion on your application.
If you would both be turning in applications at the same time, then she can list you as a travel companion as well. However, if her visa application goes in before yours, then chances are that it would be completed with a possible grant in good enough time before you apply yourself.
kehara:
@all the pro's in the house(thks). I plan to go with my mum to Canada so she would help with the kids since I intend travelling with 2 and expecting the third. She has visited Canada before. My aunt also wants to talk to her GP if she could give me a letter, but my question is can I include my mum in my online application. My uncle thinks it's the wisest thing to do since I would be applying with my kids and declaring to have another baby.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bbaby84(f): 5:37pm On Jan 08, 2016
awash:
@Hotstepper

I want to apply for tourist visa but i was told that the Canada don't grant visa based on tourist unless you have a host that will give you invitation letter; please can you give me more detail on the issue.

That's untrue dear. It's just hard to get the visa regardless of whether you have a host or not.

A family friend applied and just booked hotel accommodation and she got 4 years.
Canada, in my opinion just want to see very strong ties to your home country as it's easy to settle down in their country.
All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 11:29pm On Jan 08, 2016
That's not true. You can do hotel reservation . Just make sure u have enough money and ties home . Good luck

awash:
@Hotstepper

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 2:09am On Jan 09, 2016
ysg4real:

Hotstepper and Lax89 thanks for giving the right and relevant info on this thread.

Birth in Canada[edit]
In general, everyone born in Canada from 1947 or later acquires Canadian citizenship at birth. In one 2008 case, a girl born to a Ugandan mother aboard a Northwest Airlines flight from Amsterdam to Boston was deemed a Canadian citizen for customs purposes because she was born over Canada's airspace.[7]
The only exceptions concern children born to diplomats, where additional requirements apply.
Section 3(2) of the current act states that Canadian citizenship is not granted to a child born in Canada if either parent was a diplomatic or consular officer or other representative at the time of birth and neither parent was a Canadian citizen or Canadian permanent resident.[8]
However, should the immigration status of the parents of such persons change to permanent resident, a child may be granted citizenship immediately, or when the parents acquire citizenship through naturalization, at the discretion of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
In 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Minister Jason Kenney proposed to modify the jus soli birthright citizenship recognised in Canadian law as a means of discouraging birth tourism,[9] most likely by requiring at least one of the parents be resident in Canada.[10

[url][/url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_nationality_law#Birth_in_Canada[url][/url]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by KINGOSIRO99: 10:00am On Jan 10, 2016
Hello house,happy new year.
Thanks to everybody who have made this trend come this far.
My issue is my wife is 24wks nw with our 3rd baby,i have being thinking between US and canada for given birth.i am told i need minimum of $15k for US at the current rate that is N3.23m so i am thinking canada now if it will b lesser .
I jst get work wit oil firm for delta so dy money never plenty like dat...
@Hotstepper n co. abeg make una advise oh

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by VivianU: 9:59am On Jan 17, 2016
Hello House, Happy new year.

Please I really commend this forum. It has been informative.
It is from this chat that I got to know that a child born in Canada is given automatic citizens even though none of his parents are citizens or permanent resident of Canada.

Based on this information, I want to apply for Canadian visa. I am 5 months gone. I also have a relation in Canada, so where I will stay is not a problem.

However I want know if I will be given a visa, if I indicate that I am already pregnant and I have funds to cater for my bills. Currently I have like N2MM in my account. I hope if I present that it in my account statement it will suffice.

Pls I will really appreciate an urgent response.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by PetMe13: 11:16am On Feb 04, 2016
Hi Vivian did u apply for child birth? How did it go? Pls let us know how it goes. Please anyone in the house that has applied for child birth in Canada should share their experience whether positive or negative. Anyone who has had a baby in canada on visit visa should please share the details. Thanks

[b][/b]this thread must not die oh

VivianU:
Hello House, Happy new year.

Please I really commend this forum. It has been informative.
It is from this chat that I got to know that a child born in Canada is given automatic citizens even though none of his parents are citizens or permanent resident of Canada.

Based on this information, I want to apply for Canadian visa. I am 5 months gone. I also have a relation in Canada, so where I will stay is not a problem.

However I want know if I will be given a visa, if I indicate that I am already pregnant and I have funds to cater for my bills. Currently I have like N2MM in my account. I hope if I present that it in my account statement it will suffice.

Pls I will really appreciate an urgent response.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Aquakay: 3:46pm On Feb 06, 2016
Hotstepper, keerah, vcole. Y'all have been amazing. Thanks a lot. Few clarifications pls

If u apply for a visa before pregnancy and u later become pregnant with intention to have ur baby in canada, dyu write to canadian embassy to inform them that your status has changed? or dyu just explain the situation to the immigration officers @ the point of entry.

Secondly, you guys have mentioned coming in early in the pregnancy is the best. Would u say 30 to 32weeks is too late or does it entirely depend on the doctor u r going to meet.

Now when your doctor has agreed, does this mean you'll automatically get a hospital too or u have to now source for hospital again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by shamecurls(m): 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2016
Following......
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:19am On Feb 10, 2016
1. Yes to be on the safe side, email the embassy and print out their reply and take it with u to CANADA.

2. The earlier the better though I have seen ppl.come in at 35 weeks

3. The gynea u see , it's the hospital he or she works that u will deliver

Aquakay:
Hotstepper,

keerah, vcole. Y'all have been amazing. Thanks a lot. Few clarifications pls

If u apply for a visa before pregnancy and u later become pregnant with intention to have ur baby in canada, dyu write to canadian embassy to inform them that your status has changed? or dyu just explain the situation to the immigration officers @ the point of entry.

Secondly, you guys have mentioned coming in early in the pregnancy is the best. Would u say 30 to 32weeks is too late or does it entirely depend on the doctor u r going to meet.

Now when your doctor has agreed, does this mean you'll automatically get a hospital too or u have to now source for hospital again?

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by vcole: 9:13am On Feb 10, 2016
this our thread is just in ghost mode oh. lol! you crawled out from under the rock. hope you're good. cheers!
Hotstepper:

1. Yes to be on the safe side, email the embassy and print out their reply and take it with u to CANADA.

2. The earlier the better though I have seen ppl.come in at 35 weeks

3. The gynea u see , it's the hospital he or she works that u will deliver

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by favoredgal: 9:27am On Feb 10, 2016
God pls let this thread ministry move forward o

Cuz I'm giving birth in Canada for my next baby since it will be completely free with my insurance

Vcole it's do get belle nah
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by vcole: 9:29am On Feb 10, 2016
na fasting and prayer things cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
favoredgal:
God pls let this thread ministry move forward o

Cuz I'm giving birth in Canada for my next baby since it will be completely free with my insurance

Vcole it's do get belle nah
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Namy24: 9:48pm On Feb 10, 2016
Top9jajamz:
God bless you woman!

My First Post.
I actually opened this account for this topic and so I can speak with Hotstepper. I'm 16weeks pregnant and would love to birth in Canada. There are so many details to my case and I'm wondering how I can send you a msg.

Please Help!!! Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bbaby84(f): 1:47pm On Feb 14, 2016
Namy24:

My First Post.
I actually opened this account for this topic and so I can speak with Hotstepper. I'm 16weeks pregnant and would love to birth in Canada. There are so many details to my case and I'm wondering how I can send you a msg.

Please Help!!! Thank you

Sweetheart please post your issues here and while you're learning, you'll be helping others too thereby moving this ministry forward.

@nita2013 you didn't give us an update as per visa application.
Happy Sunday & Happy Valentine's everyone!

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 2:34pm On Feb 14, 2016
My dear sorry for d long silence and sorry to others (Phema & co.) that asked also. We decided to still go d US route for 2nd missionary journey after a cousin of mine that gave birth in Canada december 2015 gave us d break down of cost and her experience in Canada.

I av told her to pls come and share everything here so pple can learn. But in summary her advice to me was "except I want something different in terms of pp for my child, otherwise I should face US jejely grin " especially if I get something very affordable in d US.

Btw she had her 2nd baby in d US thus has experienced both. But because she felt Canada would be cheaper after d MIHS phoenix saga in d US and since she had d. Visa she decided to go d route.

bbaby84:

Sweetheart please post your issues here and while you're learning, you'll be helping others too thereby moving this ministry forward.

@nita2013 you didn't give us an update as per visa application.
Happy Sunday & Happy Valentine's everyone!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by IyawoToBe(f): 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2016
Nita2013:
My dear sorry for d long silence and sorry to others (Phema & co.) that asked also. We decided to still go d US route for 2nd missionary journey after a cousin of mine that gave birth in Canada december 2015 gave us d break down of cost and her experience in Canada.

I av told her to pls come and share everything here so pple can learn. But in summary her advice to me was "except I want something different in terms of pp for my child, otherwise I should face US jejely grin " especially if I get something very affordable in d US.

Btw she had her 2nd baby in d US thus has experienced both. But because she felt Canada would be cheaper after d MIHS phoenix saga in d US and since she had d. Visa she decided to go d route.

cry cry Ahn Ahn. Why is everyone bailing out na. Securing a canadian visa sef get as e be. O ye mountain before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain! Who is with me in the spirit? grin

5 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 4:37pm On Feb 14, 2016
Hahahahahaha I am with u in d spirit ooo but will apply latest this year after completion of 2nd missionary journey by God's grace

IyawoToBe:
cry cry Ahn Ahn. Why is everyone bailing out na. Securing a canadian visa sef get as e be. O ye mountain before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain! Who is with me in the spirit? grin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by favoredgal: 4:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
I'm with y'all o
Just ish someone will share a detailed experience or procedure

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by vcole: 11:39am On Feb 15, 2016
hahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Zerubbabel mountain just push you comot from sabbatical come tok for this side. how na?
IyawoToBe:
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by vcole: 11:39am On Feb 15, 2016
seriously. please anyone with details please share. Nita2013 pls share on behalf of your person na.
favoredgal:
I'm with y'all o
Just ish someone will share a detailed experience or procedure
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bbaby84(f): 6:12pm On Feb 15, 2016
Nita2013:

Did you withdraw your application? Kindly share on her behalf let's learn a thing or two. If I had gotten my visa before I had my Lil Madam I would have gone the Canadian route rather than the American route.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 8:22am On Feb 16, 2016
No dear I didn't. We were to apply end of september last year but decided to wait till January & changed our minds to just do US again since 2nd missionary journey is confirmed because we no fit speak begin speak grammar for canada POE.

bbaby84:

Did you withdraw your application? Kindly share on her behalf let's learn a thing or two. If I had gotten my visa before I had my Lil Madam I would have gone the Canadian route rather than the American route.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 8:54am On Feb 16, 2016
Ok as regards what she told me,

She went with her 2kids who distracted d Cbp officer so he didn't notice her pregnancy and she was scared to declare with all d stories of pple been sent back.

Hotstepper helped her with a doc and she said hotstepper is a very nice and fantastic person as she was super helpful tru out.

She also said d doctor was very nice and friendly. Doctor fee for VD she paid 3,000 CAD. Hotstepper told her she had a cheaper doctor but she had already paid d 1st doctor Hotstepper recommended.

Hospital fee she paid 2,000cad for one night and 500cad for baby. I asked her y one night and she said its a norm rule there that VD is one night except there is complication(s). One night starts counting from when u come into d hospital (she went to d hospital by 9.30pm on d 27th. Had her baby 1.59 am on d 28th and was discharged around 7pm 28) New born screening 200cadd

CS is 2,500cad per night and d norm rule for CS is 2nights so that sums up to 5,000cad for hospital fee alone with CS.
Hospital was nothing to write home about as they were not friendly at all. She was virtually begging for baby formula cos she wasn't lactating yet so d baby could av something atleast. But they refused to give her until she left. Also no freebies at all.

(My sister-in-law based in canada confirmed d formula part that they discourage formula a lot and same thing happened to her when she had her baby. A lady that gave birth same time as my SIL brought her formula from home as she knew they were like that.)

She had her baby in Ontatio. Also pls be informed that many rules av changed. She further said no more free health card and social insurance number until d child is 18yrs where he or she can apply for both personally except one of d parent is atleast resident in Canada. This she said she doesn't kno if it's peculiar to Ontario province alone.

(My SIL in Alberta said same applies to their province because when her status expired her son could not receive d free primary health care cos his health card was tied to hers until she renewed her status)

She expedited d passport application and as for birth certificate she kept calling and disturbing them so it came out in 7days otherwise it can get up to 2-3weeks

Addition: Exchange rate when she used her 1st bank card was 204 to 1cad. GTBANK was 197/1cad. So when she did her calculations 1,000usd = 1,300cad.

Her advice I quote "except u want something different for ur child, otherwise face US. Chai! I miss US sha" lol

She had her 2nd baby in d US thus has experienced both countries.

#my finger don dey pain me ooo# can't remember d last time I wrote such a long post on NL. I hope I covered all d arears. For further enquiry, hotstepper can assist. Cheers

vcole:
seriously. please anyone with details please share. Nita2013 pls share on behalf of your person na.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by vcole: 9:03am On Feb 16, 2016
Thanks dearie. ur d best
Nita2013:
Ok as regards what she told me,

She went with her 2kids who distracted d Cbp officer so he didn't notice her pregnancy and she was scared to declare with all d stories of pple been sent back.

Hotstepper helped her with a doc and she said hotstepper is a very nice and fantastic person as she was super helpful tru out.

She also said d doctor was very nice and friendly. Doctor fee for VD she paid 3,000 CAD. Hotstepper told her she had a cheaper doctor but she had already paid d 1st doctor Hotstepper recommended.
Hospital fee she paid 2,000cad for one night and 500cad for baby. I asked her y one night and she said its a norm rule there that VD is one night except there is complication(s). One night starts counting from when u come into d hospital (she went to d hospital by 9.30pm on d 27th. Had her baby 1.59 am on d 28th and was discharged around 7pm 28) New born screening 200cadd

CS is 2,500cad per night and d norm rule for CS is 2nights so that sums up to 5,000cad for hospital fee alone with CS.
Hospital was nothing to write home about as they were not friendly at all. She was virtually begging for baby formula cos she wasn't lactating yet so d baby could av something atleast. But they refused to give her until she left. Also no freebies at all

She expedited d passport application and as for birth certificate she kept calling and disturbing them so it came out in 7days otherwise it can get up to 2-3weeks

Addition: Exchange rate when she used her 1st bank card was 204 to 1cad. GTBANK was 197/1cad. So when she did her calculations 1,000usd = 1,300cad.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by shamecurls(m): 12:46am On Feb 17, 2016
vcole:
Thanks dearie. ur d best

Quite informative. Guess I opt for the US route again.

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.