Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (682604 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 11:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
Madam u can ask.ur questions here so ppl can learn too

RuthMadubuike:
@hotstepper pls can i get you via email or phone number?...its quite urgent
Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 11:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
What is the benefit of giving birth in US?

Fvine:
Hi All, please in the present times:
1.what is the benefit of giving birth in Canada?
2. Are the benefits better than what you'd get in US?
3. Canada or US what will you advice and why?

Thanks in advance.

cc: Hotstepper

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Fvine: 8:44am On Mar 11, 2016
Hotstepper:
What is the benefit of giving birth in US?

Nne Nwanne m, biko no vex for your sister. Am only trying to research and plan myself well ahead. I was told that Canada doesn't give citizenship by birth that's why I asked. I've taken the time to read through the whole thread yesterday and have gotten clarification and benefits to given birth in Canada. Initially I was looking at US but research led me to Canada and now am leaning towards Canada. I have a virgin passport and I think Canada will be easier than US.

Thanks for all you've been doing on the thread and off the thread. Chineke gozie gi. I never get belle but planning and praying to this year so am just trying to research and plan ahead.

I'll be calling on your help oh when the time comes. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by GenyEbere(f): 11:38am On Mar 11, 2016
Gggg
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by RuthMadubuike(f): 4:29am On Mar 12, 2016
@hotstepper thanks for the info u have ne sharing God bless you.

My questions:
Can my husband and i apply from malaysia as we both live here, he has a working visa and i have a dependant visa

Can we apply for my mum also from here tho she is still in Nigeria

Does the level of my husbands monthly income matter during application? ( tho we can afford to pay the bill)

Is the price for giving birth to one child same as twin or triplet?

What are the things we need to have in place before applying apart from getting a doctor over there.

How soon shld i go to the embassy after pregnancy confirmation?

Are baby items cheap there like in the US ? ( my friend who birth her children there said so).

Awaiting your reply thanks dear
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hermosa(f): 1:58pm On Mar 12, 2016
@ruthmadubuike im sure you and hubby can both apply from Malaysia. But you can't apply for your mom she has to go herself to application centre here in nigeria (abuja or lagos) and apply herself so that they can get her biometrics.
Then to apply you should check out what they require on their website (just google it).
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by RuthMadubuike(f): 2:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
@hotstepper i am waiting o ☺
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:36pm On Mar 14, 2016
[
Sorry I am late. Someone already answered your question. Good luck

quote author=RuthMadubuike post=43694939]@hotstepper thanks for the info u have ne sharing God bless you.

My questions:
Can my husband and i apply from malaysia as we both live here, he has a working visa and i have a dependant visa

Can we apply for my mum also from here tho she is still in Nigeria

Does the level of my husbands monthly income matter during application? ( tho we can afford to pay the bill)

Is the price for giving birth to one child same as twin or triplet?

What are the things we need to have in place before applying apart from getting a doctor over there.

How soon shld i go to the embassy after pregnancy confirmation?

Are baby items cheap there like in the US ? ( my friend who birth her children there said so).

Awaiting your reply thanks dear [/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by RuthMadubuike(f): 6:45am On Mar 15, 2016
I also asked if the cost for giving birth to one child is same as twin or triplet.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by RuthMadubuike(f): 6:50am On Mar 15, 2016
I also asked if the cost for giving birth to one child is same as twin or triplet. Thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 16, 2016
Hello People,

I have been a silent follower of this thread, however I signed in to THANK a special lady called HOTSTEPPER.

I got HOTSTEPPER's email from this thread, I sent a mail to her after I gave birth and she followed up wonderfully.

I would probably have gotten stuck because I had issues with my baby's birth certificate but HOTSTEPPER gingered me and it got resolved within a week...her contact at Nig. High. Comm. at Ottawa was also on point as I got my baby's travel document without going there...

To others that will love to know my birth experience.

I got my visa before I got pregnant...I didn't have any issues with border control at Toronto Airport although I wore a big jacket because I came in during winter season.

I gave birth in Ontario..
a) Gynaecologist's Bill - 3000CAD (the fees differ depending on the town and gynaecologist)
b) Hospital Bill - 2000CAD (I begged them to discharge me within 24hrs because it's 2000CAD per night and I was paying out of pocket)
c) Birth Certificate - 65CAD (35 for long form and 25CAD for short form)
d) Passport - 107CAD (I paid for expedited processing otherwise it costs 57CAD)
e) Nig. Travel Doc. - 150CAD

I called the Doc's office before I travelled so I got the list of pregnancy results to bring along...It helped reduce all the cost of healthcare as I only did two tests (Ultrasound and Strep B) when I arrived in Canada.

Would I chose Canada over USA.......YES! YES!! YES!!!

Canadian dollar exchange rate is cheaper than US Dollar; Canadians are really nice and friendly people...the environment is lovely, healthcare is top-notch (Choiiiiiiiii....if you see the kain facilities wey dem get for hospitals here ehhhnnnnn.....our leaders have no excuse for not developing our healthcare sector with the kain income dem don rake from Oil & Gas).

Healthcare and Education (from Kindergarten to High School) is free for Citizens who live in Canada...while education is subsidized for Citizens at Uni level.

I can go on and on but summary is I thank GOD for giving me the opportunity to make this trip and for safe delivery; I also thank HOTSTEPPER for being so supportive even though I didn't meet her in person.

Finally, try to factor in transportation costs.....and yes, baby things here are affordable like in the US.

GOD BLESS!

22 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hopefulme: 8:53am On Mar 17, 2016
[quote]Hello People,

I have been a silent follower of this thread, however I signed in to THANK a special lady called HOTSTEPPER.

I got HOTSTEPPER's email from this thread, I sent a mail to her after I gave birth and she followed up wonderfully.

Thank you for this detailed information. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Was the normal question of why are you here and how long you staying asked.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by carrion: 12:21pm On Mar 17, 2016
Hello House,

I have been an ardent reader of this forum. I want to specially thank HOTSTEPPER and everyone that have contributed for your selfless guide to all.

I am considering Canada for my wife for her next delivery. I spoke with a contact in Montreal and he said i should budget up to CAD $ 15,000 for the doctor and hospital bill alone. This is way too high for my budget. What is the rough estimate for Toronto with CS? Is it possible her to spend 1-day to reduce the cost?

But from what i have read, i was encouraged by the hopefulme but seems hers is VD. My wife will need CS and i have not seen specific cost range for CS here.
Likewise, can you advise how to contact doctor/hospital or suggest a good one and not expensive to contact. Urgent need to contact doctor (or physician to recommend OBGN)
Because we do not know anyone in Toronto, we will need a self- catered apartment preferably one apartment (cost reduction on my mind) or rather will not mind sharing with anyone going around May (May-July). Can you recommend one close to the hospital be used?
I am not planning to her with her (my thinking is that this will increase her visa chances as, not sure if my assumption is correct)

Thank you

Kind Regards
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by JESUnifemi4eva: 3:21pm On Mar 17, 2016
[quote author=hopefulme post=43845035][/quote]

Hi,

The border officials asked for the purpose and duration of my trip......I told them I was on a visit and plan to spend three months (The date on my return ticket was stated for 3months so I didn't bother lying).

However, it wasn't my first time in Canada so they didn't stress me!

(Based on other people's advice on this thread - it's best to say the truth if questioned about your pregnancy but hold enough physical cash as evidence that you will pay for the service...you can equally explain that there was no place during your application where you were asked if you were pregnant.

Above all...be very prayerful...some border control officers are angels while some are demon-like...it is however NOT a crime to give birth in Canada.

N.B:- I had to deactivate the previous account which I used to share my experience; my moniker name was too explicit and I will prefer to remain anonymous.

GOD BLESS!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hopefulme: 3:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
JESUnifemi4eva:

Hi,

The border officials asked for the purpose and duration of my trip......I told them I was on a visit and plan to spend three months (The date on my return ticket was stated for 3months so I didn't bother lying).

However, it wasn't my first time in Canada so they didn't stress me!

You absolutely correct. wink wink wink wink wink kiss kiss kiss kiss.Thanks

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by JESUnifemi4eva: 4:51pm On Mar 17, 2016
carrion:
Hello House,

I have been an ardent reader of this forum. I want to specially thank HOTSTEPPER and everyone that have contributed for your selfless guide to all.

I am considering Canada for my wife for her next delivery. I spoke with a contact in Montreal and he said i should budget up to CAD $ 15,000 for the doctor and hospital bill alone. This is way too high for my budget. What is the rough estimate for Toronto with CS? Is it possible her to spend 1-day to reduce the cost?

But from what i have read, i was encouraged by the hopefulme but seems hers is VD. My wife will need CS and i have not seen specific cost range for CS here.
Likewise, can you advise how to contact doctor/hospital or suggest a good one and not expensive to contact. Urgent need to contact doctor (or physician to recommend OBGN)
Because we do not know anyone in Toronto, we will need a self- catered apartment preferably one apartment (cost reduction on my mind) or rather will not mind sharing with anyone going around May (May-July). Can you recommend one close to the hospital be used?
I am not planning to her with her (my thinking is that this will increase her visa chances as, not sure if my assumption is correct)

Thank you

Kind Regards

Hi Carrion,

Some provinces are more expensive than others e.g. I was told to budget 12,000CAD for Calgary but ended up spending half of that in Ontario.

The hospital I used charge about 2,500CAD per night for CS but they might keep her under observation for 48hours. Gynaecologist's fee remains same whether it's C.S or not......(gynaecologist's fee depends on the town where you give birth).

I stayed with a relative so I can't help with information about accommodation; HOTSTEPPER might be able to assist in that regard although she lives not too far from the city where I gave birth.

My spouse and I applied separately and we both got visa's......so try your luck!

Have a great day.

GOD BLESS!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hopefulme: 12:14pm On Mar 18, 2016
carrion:
Hello House,

We are in same CS boat. sad sad sad
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by carrion: 1:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
Thank you JESUnifemi4eva

HOTSTEPPER, please can you advise on how to contact a doctor. I don't have any relations that can do that on my behalf.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Phemzy(m): 10:58pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hello aus,

I want to specially thanks HOTSTEPPER for her contribution and d help she has rendered.

Am just starting my journey and currently at the Visitor visa stage. I will keep u posted as d journey continues.

@HOTSTEPPER I send u a mail becos I want u to be my guardian angel thru d journey. Thanks and God bless
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:15am On Apr 01, 2016
I have no idea oo as doctors see people who are on ground. I can give u two doctors you can call and talk to and book appointment if need be

carrion:
Thank you JESUnifemi4eva

HOTSTEPPER, please can you advise on how to contact a doctor. I don't have any relations that can do that on my behalf.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Kunledavidz: 11:04am On Apr 04, 2016
Good Morning,

CC: HOTSTEPPER

i have read through all the post on Giving birth in Canada but please i still need a little clarifications.
I want my wife to deliver in Canada and both of us hasnt travelled out of Nigeria except African countries and she is 2 months pregnant. i have searched through the internet maybe i would be able to get a concrete information. Do i need to contact an hospital in Canada and how can go about applying for Visa at there embassy here in Nigeria. I will appreciate if i can be able to get proper enlightenment on here.

Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 5:10pm On Apr 04, 2016
Kunledavidz:
Good Morning,

CC: HOTSTEPPER

I have read through all the post on Giving birth in Canada but please i still need a little clarifications.
I want my wife to deliver in Canada and both of us hasnt travelled out of Nigeria except African countries and she is 2 months pregnant. i have searched through the internet maybe i would be able to get a concrete information. Do i need to contact an hospital in Canada and how can go about applying for Visa at there embassy here in Nigeria. I will appreciate if i can be able to get proper enlightenment on here.

Thank you.
No, you haven't done the bolded part. Well, at least you have cc'd @hotstepper, hopefully you are not advised to take out time and just go through these few pages. Your wife is still a long time away methinks, put in a few hrs/days to read the thread from start to end for your good. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:44am On Apr 05, 2016
Just do as she said. U have not read anything cuz everything you want to know has been discussed already. Plz go through the page with ur wife too

OmoBendel24:

No, you haven't done the bolded part. Well, at least you have cc'd @hotstepper, hopefully you are not advised to take out time and just go through these few pages. Your wife is still a long time away methinks, put in a few hrs/days to read the thread from start to end for your good. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by maternal: 4:05pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hello,

I think some are confused or may have given out some wrong info without knowing. Just to clear some things out since I'm a Canadian citizen. If you're born in Canada you get automatic citizenship UNLESS your parents work for a foreign government and you're currently in Canada working, and you happen to give birth. So if you work for the embassy/High Comm and you're in Canada on business, and you happen to give birth, he/she would NOT become a Canadian citizen and will have to take Nigerian citizenship only. Other than that exception, if your child is born here they are a citizen period. This is the situation an Indian man is currently facing in Canada. He was also born in Canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/deepan-budlakoti-supreme-court-case-dismissed-1.3423725

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/supreme-court-wont-hear-citizenship-case-of-ottawa-born-man/article28435213/

Now as for the benefits being born in Canada. Just from the top of my head:

1. Highly subsidized University. If you add in the free grants/bursary & scholarships citizens get, you can graduate school with little to no debt.

2. Healthcare covered through taxes from the day he/she is born, till the day they die. No questions asked, and they'll never see a bill.

3. Visa free travel around the world. Only a selective few countries a Canadian citizen needs a visa to enter. Those countries aren't of any interest to most any ways.

4. Ability to live and work in the US through an agreent with both governments if your child gets a job down south.

5. Free education all the way up to the University level.

Someone asked whats the difference between having your child in Canada vs US. Not much other than the healthcare. Having a Universal healthcare system here, vs, a private system in the US makes a world of difference. It'll give your child a peace of mind.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sayoberry(f): 5:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
I'll just bring mat here jare. Idowu is coming in 2025

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ozycy: 5:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
sayoberry:
I'll just bring mat here jare. Idowu is coming in 2025
Arrh, mama Ejima, tot you left me on the 2025 tin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sayoberry(f): 12:00am On Apr 06, 2016
ozycy:

Arrh, mama Ejima, tot you left me on the 2025 tin

No o. I dey here o. Canada be my next mission 2025 o. The twins go Don old wella

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hermosa(f): 11:06pm On Apr 06, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.