Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,496 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:32 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (678394 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Phemzy(m): 9:32pm On Apr 16, 2016
Hello Aus.

Pls I want to make clarification on the invitation letter. Is it necessary the invitation letter state the duration of my stay in Canada. If yes, then how many months will the invitee state. My destination is Ontario. I have a relative there who will accommodate my wife there.

Thanks

@hotstepper I will appreciate ur guide here pls.

Can u help by recommending an hospital in Ontario who I can start exchanging test results with and book a medical appointment with. I understand as I av read b4 that one has to be physically there b4 an appointment can be called considered. However proof of medical appointment is also useful in the online route.

Thanks and God bless
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Teechawa: 10:37pm On Apr 17, 2016
Pls house, does giving birth in Canada confer citizenship like America?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by shamecurls(m): 11:22pm On Apr 17, 2016
Teechawa:
Pls house, does giving birth in Canada confer citizenship like America?

Yeah 100%
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Teechawa: 3:24am On Apr 18, 2016
10Q

shamecurls:

Yeah 100%
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Phemzy(m): 7:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
Na wa ooo

Anybody in the Aus.
Someone shld help a bro out now.

Phemzy:
Hello Aus.
Pls I want to make clarification on the invitation letter. Is it necessary the invitation letter state the duration of my stay in Canada. If yes, then how many months will the invitee state. My destination is Ontario. I have a relative there who will accommodate my wife there.
Thanks
@hotstepper I will appreciate ur guide here pls.
Can u help by recommending an hospital in Ontario who I can start exchanging test results with and book a medical appointment with. I understand as I av read b4 that one has to be physically there b4 an appointment can be called considered. However proof of medical appointment is also useful in the online route.
Thanks and God bless
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gbengx: 11:03pm On Apr 19, 2016
Persons born in Canada are Canadian citizens so long your parents are not diplomats.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hermosa(f): 2:26am On Apr 21, 2016
@hotstepper I'm not lucky, I'm BLESSED and yes i completely agree, he was nice.
USE WISDOM people. i'm telling you from experience.
and the wisdom is coming from God since you don't know. i've told you. be careful how you answer these people and answer with wisdom i can't stress that enough. if you like declare your intentions, then let me know how that turns out.... no really, i'd love to know how that turns out.

You are just lucky woman that the man is nice an sint notice . Whatever u write on ur application is visible for them in the system. I fell that men are more liberal than woman too.

Assuming he saw that u were preggy and u only answered u came to visit , he may or may not let u in and if he does, immigration will be on the look at for u to make sure u leave in 2 weeks as u said and may probably probe u with more questions.

You are obligated to say the truth to immigration officers and not use wisdom ..dunno where the wisdom is coming from.rather to get a nice person. To birth in Canada is not illegal.but have to declare your intentions period
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 10:59am On Apr 21, 2016
Good morg family,

I want to say thank you for all the information here. This is my story.

I applied for visiting visa.it took 72 days buy which time I was 35wks.I came in about a day ago.

POE
Border contrl office just asked why are you here, I said vacation asked how much I had and I told him he said I have to declare it which I did all in all it took like 5mins and I was out of the airport.

I came in through YYC calgary.

Will update the house as things progresses.

Thanks sooo much

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by justwise(m): 11:43am On Apr 21, 2016
hermosa:

yes i was visibly heavy but i think the guy didn't bother. he only asked me what i was here for and i said 'Visiting family", he asked me how long i was going to be here for "two weeks." (cos my return date was in two weeks= long story) and also how many luggages i had "two". i didn't have any trouble at the POE.
listen people be very careful with your answers. don't state your true intentions unless they specifically ask you. and yes i know a lot of people are going to counter what i'm saying e.g hotstepper but I've been travelling in and out of Nigeria since i was a baby and immigration rules are getting stricter. deal with them as you would deal with our Nigerian immigration officers; Reply. With. Wisdom.
good luck to all the mamas in the house.

hermosa:
and the wisdom is coming from God since you don't know. i've told you. be careful how you answer these people and answer with wisdom i can't stress that enough. if you like declare your intentions, then let me know how that turns out.... no really, i'd love to know how that turns out.

No its not WISDOM and its not coming from God. Your true intention was to give birth in Canada and you lied about it, so keep God out of this and face the fact that you lied and got away with it.

Thieves, scammers and fraudsters lie without been caught but that doesn't mean that God protected them.

22 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2016
hermosa:

You keep saying USE WISDOM, but really what you are doing is LYING. Is this the wisdom from God?.

6 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:31am On Apr 22, 2016
I have told u that you were lucky and forget about u traveling since u were in the tummy. Lying to an officer is a crime. There is nothing wisdom in what you have said . U were lucky and got a nice person period

hermosa:

11 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MadameU: 7:01pm On Apr 23, 2016
Abeg o people no vex but has anyone applied for a medical Visa here for birthing or has anyone tried informing the Canadian authorities about birthing on Canadian soil before proceeding? If una know Person wey don do the above abeg tell us, make we know how ,so we can build on their knowledge and experience.

Phema,Nobody,Nita 2013 ozycy, sayoberry I see you all! U are all well seated....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 12:37am On Apr 24, 2016
MadameU:
Abeg o people no vex but has anyone applied for a medical Visa here for birthing or has anyone tried informing the Canadian authorities about birthing on Canadian soil before proceeding? If una know Person wey don do the above abeg tell us, make we know how ,so we can build on their knowledge and experience.

Phema,Nobody,Nita 2013 ozycy, sayoberry I see you all! U are all well seated....

There is a place in the form where you can add medical.for me I added medical and visiting as purpose of travel.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:44am On Apr 24, 2016
The best so far. It's good u put both

[1quote author=wayinoma post=44984957]

There is a place in the form where you can add medical.for me I added medical and visiting as purpose of travel.[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 1:15pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hotstepper:

The best so far. It's good u put both

@hotstepper I was confused that's why I put both but it would be nice to have a clear cut rule on this just like US.

[1quote author=wayinoma post=44984957]

There is a place in the form where you can add medical.for me I added medical and visiting as purpose of travel.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MadameU: 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
Thanks Wayinoma, yours is certainly the best and closest we have so far. Will be taking that route. @ Hotstepper, you dey try o, you're the tallest angel of our lives on this forum . Nice work. Have a good one folks...

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jinnyz: 12:41pm On Apr 26, 2016
@ WAYINOMA

PLEASE WAS IT THIS YEAR YOU FILLED BOTH MEDICAL & VISITING? DID YOU GET THE VISA? WILL APPRECIATE YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE. THANKS!!!!!!!!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 5:11am On Apr 27, 2016
Yes it was this year, yes I did. Like my said it was out of confusion I wrote medical it's not like I knew if it was ok or not.
I also mentioned that it would be nice to know what is the embassy's position on this.

For me I was confused and I put both there

jinnyz:
@ WAYINOMA

PLEASE WAS IT THIS YEAR YOU FILLED BOTH MEDICAL & VISITING? DID YOU GET THE VISA? WILL APPRECIATE YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE. THANKS!!!!!!!!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hopefulme: 9:32am On Apr 27, 2016
wayinoma:
Yes it was this year, yes I did. Like my said it was out of confusion I wrote medical it's not like I knew if it was ok or not.
I also mentioned that it would be nice to know what is the embassy's position on this.

For me I was confused and I put both there

Please did you write or selected "Medical and Visit" in the purpose of trip section of the form OR it there was an option for that.Also,in your statement of purpose, did you state medical as well.

Thank you for your anticipated response.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MrYagi: 9:41am On Apr 27, 2016
Una good day ooo,
i am so sorry i am posting this weeks after the incident happened but here's the little
I want to share based on my madam's experience.
The lady filled for a TRV stating Visiting with the intention of declaring birth at POE.
TRV was issued,lady appeared at POE 32 weeks gone....
"why are you here" the CBSA officer asked
"visit and Childbirth" madam replied as rehearsed
CBSA officer went nuts grin.
She went to pull out madam's TRV application...and was like madam...you didn't state childbirth anywhere
madam's defence was like form was filled online and my options where very limited...CBSA officer would have none of it..
Gave madam a form to sign stating she was voluntarily withdrawing her application to enter canada i.e allowed to leave..
Madam was too tired to contest the decision afterall she get us visa for child birth purpose so she just returned to naija jejely.

I had to wait a little until madam was in the US before coming back to give where i got ideas from so that others can learn

1---it is better to state childbirth or hint at it during application even though no one here has stated she stated childbirth and was issued TRV

2---if option 1 is not appealing to you..you can write the canada embassy and pray you get a good response and meet a CBSA offr who will honour the letter

3---The best option will be to use the visa for the purpose it was originally issued..i.e Visit in my madam's case then come back for childbirth
(my madam didn't do this because the TRVwas issued close to Due date)

4---Avoid women CBSA offrs grin young offrs too

if i remember anything again i will write.had to post under a new moniker...i'm shy

S/out to madam Hotstepper and lady Hermosa...

Finally...Unless u have a host in canada..me no recommend going there for first missionary journey...reason is simple...Hospital and Dr search is not as easy as in the USA

7 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodun: 9:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hi Hotstepper .....please i desperately need ur doctors contact in Toronto.......many thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jinnyz: 3:45am On Apr 28, 2016
@ WAYINOMA WAS IT AN ONLINE OR PAPER APPLICATION? I HAVE GONE THROUGH THE PAPER FORM CANT SEE ANY COLUMN FOR MEDICAL

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 3:49pm On Apr 28, 2016
It's paper check well u will see it
jinnyz:
@ WAYINOMA WAS IT AN ONLINE OR PAPER APPLICATION? I HAVE GONE THROUGH THE PAPER FORM CANT SEE ANY COLUMN FOR MEDICAL
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hopefulme: 4:48pm On Apr 28, 2016
wayinoma:
It's paper check well u will see it

Ma, please kindly respond to my question. Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jinnyz: 10:38pm On May 04, 2016
@ WAYINOMA PLS I WLD LIKE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MadameU: 3:30am On May 05, 2016
Mr Yagi,
Sorry your madam had to go through all that, kai, as far as Canada is. I can only imagine how tired she must have been. My regards to her. Im glad there you had other options. It is well .

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ijeomaobi1: 7:09pm On May 08, 2016
Hello hotstepper,

Sent you a mail on the express entry stuff. Abi is there a different mail you prefer for that business? Kindly let me know
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by candykenni: 11:42pm On May 08, 2016
Hello Jafar777,

Thank you for the info. Please can you share the list of pregnancy test results you took along befor eyu landed in Canada?

Thank you
Jafar777:
[Good day please could you send your contact (email or reachable number to jafarbalogun@yahoo.com.
Id appreciate if you enlighten me on some steps ]Hello People,

I have been a silent follower of this thread, however I signed in to THANK a special lady called HOTSTEPPER.

I got HOTSTEPPER's email from this thread, I sent a mail to her after I gave birth and she followed up wonderfully.

I would probably have gotten stuck because I had issues with my baby's birth certificate but HOTSTEPPER gingered me and it got resolved within a week...her contact at Nig. High. Comm. at Ottawa was also on point as I got my baby's travel document without going there...

To others that will love to know my birth experience.

I got my visa before I got pregnant...I didn't have any issues with border control at Toronto Airport although I wore a big jacket because I came in during winter season.

I gave birth in Ontario..
a) Gynaecologist's Bill - 3000CAD (the fees differ depending on the town and gynaecologist)
b) Hospital Bill - 2000CAD (I begged them to discharge me within 24hrs because it's 2000CAD per night and I was paying out of pocket)
c) Birth Certificate - 65CAD (35 for long form and 25CAD for short form)
d) Passport - 107CAD (I paid for expedited processing otherwise it costs 57CAD)
e) Nig. Travel Doc. - 150CAD

I called the Doc's office before I travelled so I got the list of pregnancy results to bring along...It helped reduce all the cost of healthcare as I only did two tests (Ultrasound and Strep B) when I arrived in Canada.

Would I chose Canada over USA.......YES! YES!! YES!!!

Canadian dollar exchange rate is cheaper than US Dollar; Canadians are really nice and friendly people...the environment is lovely, healthcare is top-notch (Choiiiiiiiii....if you see the kain facilities wey dem get for hospitals here ehhhnnnnn.....our leaders have no excuse for not developing our healthcare sector with the kain income dem don rake from Oil & Gas).

Healthcare and Education (from Kindergarten to High School) is free for Citizens who live in Canada...while education is subsidized for Citizens at Uni level.

I can go on and on but summary is I thank GOD for giving me the opportunity to make this trip and for safe delivery; I also thank HOTSTEPPER for being so supportive even though I didn't meet her in person.

Finally, try to factor in transportation costs.....and yes, baby things here are affordable like in the US.

GOD BLESS!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by brizzy007(f): 9:02am On May 15, 2016
[quote author=chizzybaby247 post=43065798]thanks so much my people. it was indeed a journey filled with testimonies.

i applied for my TRV on 26th August and got the visa Oct 12th, then i was already about 36 weeks gone. there was no place in the application that they asked if i was pregnant, so i didnt say i was. leaving Nigeria at that stage in pregnancy wasnt like i planned it that way but the visa took so long to be approved. i submitted via paper route in Abuja embassy. i didnt have any issue at the port of entry. the cbp only asked me how long am there for. i told him 2 weeks because thats what my flight booking says. i changed the dates when i got there, cause i intended staying for 2 months.

On my stay there, i stayed in my brother's house, and the wife took me to all the places i went to, so i didnt have the course to hire a cab. weather wasnt funny for me. that was the peak of winter there.

breakdown of the hospital bill(7000cad)
mother's bill 3000cad
doctor's bill 1600cad
baby's bill 2500cad

blood work for baby 600cad

that makes it total of 7600cad

I applied for the birth certificate and got it 7 days with 25cad

after which we travelled to Edmonton for the passport, i had to go for express and i paid 110cad and got it within 5 days.

i didnt go for Nigerian passport, we only got travelling document, from Otawa and i paid about 150cad not too sure. that also came out like in 5 days.

feel free to ask more questions if you need more

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Mobiyinogal: 3:01pm On May 20, 2016
Hello house Am due in september first week am considering applying would you advice I still go ahead, I have an uncle in Canada that can house me thou and have never travelled out of the country well have been to ghana and cotonu but it's not on my passport.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (167) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.