Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,413 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (681655 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jinyeid: 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2016
Hotstepper:
I just believe that my family friend was just too lucky to get this price. Yes Humber River has moved to Wilson. That Dr, Dr grace I still recommend if you wanna birth in humber river, Dr ayodele for Brampton ppl then another one for my area

Hi Hotstepper, hope all is well with you hun wink can you please provide the contacts of this doctor, Dr. Grace or at least full name so I can search for?

was she dealing with her directly or through the hospital? I mean her appointments before delivery was in the same hospital or in different clinic maybe...!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Adetutuelias584: 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
Hi everyone,

My Name is Adetutu Elias, a new member on this thread. Alot of information that has being helpful. so much thanks to @hotstepper for all the information and the other group members.

I am just trying to put in my application for the Canadian Visa to go give birth. I am currently at about 17 weeks of my pregnancy.
My first challenge is that my family (based in Vancouver) I am planning to stay with just relocated about 3 weeks ago and they will not be able to give a letter of invite but thanks to God I got someone to do that for but not in the same state, this person is based in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Now my questions are these:
1. Hope my letter of invite contradicting where I will be staying won't be a challenge?
2. Does anyone have a doctor I can contact in Vancouver for an appointment? Please I will really appreciate that.

Other useful information that can will be needed in putting my application together will really be appreciated.

I will like to submit my application latest end of this month. Thank you in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
Congrats. First, I don't see why ur family that just moved from Vancouver won't be able to give u INVITE as I don't see the connection. However, go ahead and apply with the new person you got. I know someone who got IV from someone from Alberta but gave birth in Toronto.

I have a friend in Vancouver who recently had a baby though a resident . I will ask her for her gynea contact , hopefully she will share the contact with me .

Adetutuelias584:
Hi everyone,

My Name is Adetutu Elias, a new member on this thread. Alot of information that has being helpful. so much thanks to @hotstepper for all the information and the other group members.

I am just trying to put in my application for the Canadian Visa to go give birth. I am currently at about 17 weeks of my pregnancy.
My first challenge is that my family (based in Vancouver) I am planning to stay with just relocated about 3 weeks ago and they will not be able to give a letter of invite but thanks to God I got someone to do that for but not in the same state, this person is based in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Now my questions are these:
1. Hope my letter of invite contradicting where I will be staying won't be a challenge?
2. Does anyone have a doctor I can contact in Vancouver for an appointment? Please I will really appreciate that.

Other useful information that can will be needed in putting my application together will really be appreciated.

I will like to submit my application latest end of this month. Thank you in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jinyeid: 1:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
Hotstepper:

Congratulations. I can see the embassy is granting visas now so we Thank God.

My dear, Mississauga nd Toronto na 2 different cities in Ontario (state) and about 40 or more mins part depending where one is coming from nd going to.

Brampton civic will be ur best bet , cheaper and way closer than going to Milton. U will understand when u get in. I put up Dr Ayodele's no here so contact him. His charge is 3000 dollars and u pay for hospital which I think is 2500 per night.

When you call to book appointment, ask all the questions you want to ask and they will tell you first hand ok.

Hi Hotstepper, thanks for your quick response and usual support smiley

Actually they live exactly in Barber Dr in Georgetown, so when I checked on the map it's almost the same to Milton as to Brampton Civic, or am I missing something here?

isn't 3000 for the Doctor only is a bit high? I saw recently hermosa paid 1500 for a C-section delivery for Dr Grace!! I am Cesarean section as well by the way... why is it double the cost between this 2 doctors? is Brampton civic cheaper that Milton Hospital?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jinyeid: 1:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
I know that Brampton is cheaper but I need a cheaper doctor as well embarassed

Do you have other doctors contacts in Brampton area or deliver in Brampton Civic? if you don't have, can you guide me on how to search for one from here to contact before arriving?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ok ic. Well u have to ask ur host which hospital is closer to them. Plz it's the hospital of where the gynea u will be using is where u will have ur baby. We can't really help u in this one except ur host.

Ask your host so u can call the gynea and find cost details so u prepare very well oo.

jinyeid:

Hi Hotstepper, thanks for your quick response and usual support smiley

Actually they live exactly in Barber Dr in Georgetown, so when I checked on the map it's almost the same to Milton as to Brampton Civic, or am I missing something here?

isn't 3000 for the Doctor only is a bit high? I saw recently hermosa paid 1500 for a C-section delivery for Dr Grace!! I am Cesarean section as well by the way... why is it double the cost between this 2 doctors? is Brampton civic cheaper that Milton Hospital?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 15, 2016
Hi Jinyeid,

PLEASE for the sake of everyone, provide details of your application process to benefit us all. Was it online /paper? etc. Thanks

jinyeid:
Hi All, first of all I can't thank you enough for this forum and such a fruitful discussion, it was really helpful as am 24 weeks and got my visa (THANKS GOD) and planning to travel to Mississauga, Toronto in mid-August as my Brother is living there and I can stay with him till I have my baby delivered.

I have read and followed all the thread and built all my information and kind of decisions from this thread smiley kiss

Most probably I'll go to Brampton Civic Hospital as it's only 20 minutes from my brother's house and also it seems to be the cheapest grin grin but still am considering other options like Milton Hospital or Credit Valley Hospital (which is most expensive cry ) depending on the OBGYN as this is my main issue and question now which I didn't find a solution for after reading the whole thread!!!

I NEED CONTACTS FOR OBGYN IN MISSISSAUGA, TORONTO!!!! please everyone I need to start contacting them from now to book my appointment as I'll arrive around 32 weeks already angry and won't have much time to search for a good one by then!!!

Please send me some contacts for good/cheap cheesy OBGYN in Mississauga please and preferably emails so I can send them undecided

Also, does the cost differ from VD to C-Section in terms of the doctors fees? please give me an idea on doctors' cost as well cool

you can post here if ok as I saw some doctors names but in other cities. or send me on; ( eid dot khaled1985 at gmail dot com )

Many thanks in advance smiley wink
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
Dear all,

Good day. PLEASE lets provide details of application for Canadian Visa more comprehensively e.g

1. Form of application : online / paper......tips on application e.g Do not lie!
2. How long the decision took:
3. POE/CBP experiences
4. Getting gynecologist details
5. Cost of treatment
6. Cost of flights / transportation within Canada/ accomodation etc

The US visa thread usually contains more of these details but here, people often ask for what they need and don't share experiences so that others can learn... KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, WE WOULD ALL BENEFIT FROM SHARING

I am an applicant myself, read all 29 pages severally times but it's extremely difficult to sift out the information, the thread has been mainly silent. I have to really commend Hotstepper though, she has been VERY helpful answering questions. God help us all. Bon chance / Good luck !

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jinnyz: 11:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
@ soletar

Me & my husby applied on 9th May 2016 and got our visa 7th June 2016 to our greatest suprise, we taught it was going to take longer based on what i have been reading. It was paper application via Abuja office. First time applying i was given 5yrs (jst had my passport renewed), my husby got 1 yr guess bec his passport was expiring next year. I think your location should determine the method of application you want to use. If you are residing outside Lagos or Abuja i will advice u do paper application bec even if u do online u still need to go to the visa centre and do ur biometrics and when your visa have been approved you will still go and submit it.

Hope this helps.

6 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jinnyz: 11:38pm On Jun 15, 2016
@ Wayinoma

Trust u and baby are doing well. Called the Mosaic women clinic & was told that they are fully booked, that they cant take anymore patients. Please you you know any other clinic i can call in Calgary or any advice you can give. pls help a sister out!

Regards
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:33am On Jun 16, 2016
I also believe that paper application is faster. All the ppl that got throttle visa within a month did paper application.

jinnyz:
@ soletar

Me & my husby applied on 9th May 2016 and got our visa 7th June 2016 to our greatest suprise, we taught it was going to take longer based on what i have been reading. It was paper application via Abuja office. First time applying i was given 5yrs (jst had my passport renewed), my husby got 1 yr guess bec his passport was expiring next year. I think your location should determine the method of application you want to use. If you are residing outside Lagos or Abuja i will advice u do paper application bec even if u do online u still need to go to the visa centre and do ur biometrics and when your visa have been approved you will still go and submit it.

Hope this helps.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 8:21am On Jun 16, 2016
jinnyz:
@ Wayinoma

Trust u and baby are doing well. Called the Mosaic women clinic & was told that they are fully booked, that they cant take anymore patients. Please you you know any other clinic i can call in Calgary or any advice you can give. pls help a sister out!

My dear, I have no idea oo, Mosaic women clinic is the group of gynae abi am nt sure tho. Cos I got refrd to them from the gp.To be honest I do not know. The system here I do not understand everytin is nt straight. I would say you ask your host.

Regards
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 16, 2016
Thanks so much Jinnyz and all of the people providing advice here. No tip is too little....what this has shown is even paper applications are getting much faster. THANK YOU ALL

jinnyz:
@ soletar

Hope this helps.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ozycy: 10:21am On Jun 16, 2016
Is there a thread for Canada visit/ tourist visa? I ve been seeing Canada Student visa thread.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 11:23am On Jun 16, 2016
ozycy:
Is there a thread for Canada visit/ tourist visa? I ve been seeing Canada Student visa thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/2103860/canada-visit-tourist-visa-discussion
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Adetutuelias584: 1:32pm On Jun 16, 2016
HI GUYS,

please I need response to my enquiries. I am totally confused and lost in these application thing.
@hotstepper, please guide me through.
1. Please I need a doctor Ontario in Toronto that an give me an appointment.
2. In putting in my application, is it better to declare my intentions of going to give birth or not?
3. Please all necessary steps to take in making this application successful will be appreciated.
4. What documents am I expected to ge from my place of employment?
5. Do I need to attach my doctor's report from Nigeria to my application?

Please assist a sister @hotstepper Please urgent response will be appreciated. Thank you very much
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 1:39pm On Jun 16, 2016
Adetutuelias584:
HI GUYS,

please I need response to my enquiries. I am totally confused and lost in these application thing.
2. In putting in my application, is it better to declare my intentions of going to give birth or not?
3. Please all necessary steps to take in making this application successful will be appreciated.

Please assist a sister @hotstepper Please urgent response will be appreciated. Thank you very much
Barely 29 pages gone on this thread. Don't you think it will be better if you invested some time and went through this thread? Virtually all you asked have been answered on the thread, take advantage and be improved along the line too! Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:44pm On Jun 16, 2016
If u have gone through the thread, u must have gotten ur answers ..so get to work.
Dont know anything about applying for a visa cuz I havent done one before . Sometime this weeknor last week, I posted dr Grace no here for Toronto.

In the visa application, i am sure the requirements will be there or check www.cic.gc.ca nd go under visit .

Good luck

Adetutuelias584:
HI GUYS,

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
Before ppl go think i am a ghostsmiley

7 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hotstepper:
Before ppl go think i am a ghostsmiley
Pic will be kept for a day nd it goes down. If u save my pic then u will see me at night ooooo
Nobody should send me message nd confess love ooo...happily married with 2 kids smiley
#SteppingHotOnTroubledWatersAllByYourself! Lolz! Them dey fear night visit or married with kids things? Quickly take your image down now oh....
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:07pm On Jun 16, 2016
Rolling on the floor. Them go fear na ..

OmoBendel24:

#SteppingHotOnTroubledWatersAllByYourself! Lolz! Them dey fear night visit or married with kids things? Quickly take your image down now oh....

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
For transportation, buses dey if ubr going for drs appointment but when baby comes, better to use a taxi. When you call the taxi company, ask for flat rate to wher youbare going..its cheaper compared to when they use their meter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 6:24pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hotstepper:

Lolz! Just wait for them sha.... We shall see who gets to visit first at night and who fears at the end of this cheesy. Hian! Thanks lots for all you do here all the same Sis, and may you be protected effectively always.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ozycy: 8:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hopefulme: 9:22am On Jun 17, 2016
Hotstepper:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jinyeid: 11:41am On Jun 19, 2016
soletar:
Hi Jinyeid,

PLEASE for the sake of everyone, provide details of your application process to benefit us all. Was it online /paper? etc. Thanks

Hi,

it was online and I had an inv. letter from my brother there and it came out around 3 weeks and for 4 years (my passport's expiry date) and Multiple entry cheesy

Anything else I can mention?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Danielakonic: 2:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
Initially am always shy asking questions in NL...Lot of insults and unwanted responses or maybe sometimes ignored. Well Hotstepper has encouraged me to ask this in public.. Please the house should support with answers.

Is it a must I travel with my wife to Canada to give birth? I read something in this forum that says "both parent will sign", and if in case I don't go, I hope it's not that it will now block my chances on going there in future if she should go alone. I have no travel history and neither does she have.

Secondly, my InLaw (Her Sibling) is an undergraduate in Toronto, 20yrs old.. Can we rely on her for the run around or as a claim that we have relative there to stay with.. In short, am a complete novice On this, I need your step by step guidance to start the processing.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (167) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.