Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (682416 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:20pm On Jul 09, 2016
Hmmmm biko make it atleast 1 month ooo. To be here alone to have a baby with no help is not easy plus getting babys documents. I will ask my hubby about notry public cuz he has done one though its sumthing eqsy u can even do at a post office

I will be at the passport office next week and i will get u the form. Just let me know when u arrive cuz if u r to go get it ureelf, na 100 dollars taxi for round trip.

voilasummer:

Hi Hotstepper,

I have no relatives in Canada and I want to bring my baby back home after 2 weeks old.
I plan to send her back to canada after 18 years old for university. Is that okay?
Can u pls explain about the administration process of birth certificate using a notary public in Toronto?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 09, 2016
Hotstepper:

You made the right choice. I dont know whats wrong with thebppl there . I think they even close at 1:30 while other embassies close at 4:30 lol.

If i tell u my experience with my son in 2011 ehh. Went to ottawa by road in the decembwr winter . Each time i go they tell me i am missing sumthing yet it is not on their website they first told me i should chexk and do my application and payment nd bring it with documents and come.

I alwqys leave around 4 am by raod with a child not up to 3 months old and rebooked flight up to 2 tines. The 3rd time i went there, told them my fligjt is in 2 days and i am not going to book it again cuz its money i am spending and time. God just brought one woman like that and helped me ooo. That was how i got the passport on thr 3rd day.

Whike in uni. I knoew friends who sent their passport for renewal in june cuz they wanted to go home in for xmas and never got it and no letter. After calling countlews times before getting someone, they were told that their passport in is Naija cuz they dont have the machine here to do it .

Nothing works oooo. Na so i just made friend there ooo. The person will charge u but it will be way easier, cheaper and faster if u were to go there in person.

Could you please share what documents are needed?you said in one of your post that some documents are/may not be listed in their website. Atleast that would go a long way in helping people out. i know you said people can pm/mail you for the contact's number. The last time i sent you a mail was around 2-3 months ago, but you came back on nairaland to say you receive an alarming amount of pm and never replied. You live in ontario so you may not have it has bad as some of us that have never been to ontario and flying-in from a different province+renting hotels. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gogochocolate: 10:54pm On Jul 09, 2016
Hotstepper:

You made the right choice. I dont know whats wrong with thebppl there . I think they even close at 1:30 while other embassies close at 4:30 lol.

If i tell u my experience with my son in 2011 ehh. Went to ottawa by road in the decembwr winter . Each time i go they tell me i am missing sumthing yet it is not on their website they first told me i should chexk and do my application and payment nd bring it with documents and come.

I alwqys leave around 4 am by raod with a child not up to 3 months old and rebooked flight up to 2 tines. The 3rd time i went there, told them my fligjt is in 2 days and i am not going to book it again cuz its money i am spending and time. God just brought one woman like that and helped me ooo. That was how i got the passport on thr 3rd day.

Whike in uni. I knoew friends who sent their passport for renewal in june cuz they wanted to go home in for xmas and never got it and no letter. After calling countlews times before getting someone, they were told that their passport in is Naija cuz they dont have the machine here to do it .

Nothing works oooo. Na so i just made friend there ooo. The person will charge u but it will be way easier, cheaper and faster if u were to go there in person.

I thought I was just unlucky. Those guys in Nigerian Embassy make mockery of what a consular service is supposed to provide. Imagine putting up phone lines on your website and not picking up your calls. Yet the embassy does not even have much traffic in terms of visa applications. Imagine if they were like the USA embassy that handles thousands of applications only God knows how they would cope. For crying out loud they are in Canada and not Nigeria and they see how things work here.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:02pm On Jul 10, 2016
Plz pm me for the guys contact no. I cant remember the documents and he can tell u since he works there

princey83:

Could you please share what documents are needed?you said in one of your post that some documents are/may not be listed in their website. Atleast that would go a long way in helping people out. i know you said people can pm/mail you for the contact's number. The last time i sent you a mail was around 2-3 months ago, but you came back on nairaland to say you receive an alarming amount of pm and never replied. You live in ontario so you may not have it has bad as some of us that have never been to ontario and flying-in from a different province+renting hotels. Thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
Lol. I heard ita better now as they brought new sets of people from Naija

gogochocolate:

I thought I was just unlucky. Those guys in Nigerian Embassy make mockery of what a consular service is supposed to provide. Imagine putting up phone lines on your website and not picking up your calls. Yet the embassy does not even have much traffic in terms of visa applications. Imagine if they were like the USA embassy that handles thousands of applications only God knows how they would cope. For crying out loud they are in Canada and not Nigeria and they see how things work here.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
Please my people, dont allow me to talk and type too much via my email or here. Plz if you cannot read 31 pages to find simple information like dr information then dont email or ask the question again. Lets avoid repeating things.

I visit this thread to answer any questions to the best of my ability. The only emails i will be replying is that of those who has given birth and need my contacts no at the embassy cuz i cannot put his no here. Also those who r looking for accomodation. Other than these 2, any other questions should be asked here only when u have gone through the pages and feel you dont understabd or what you are looking for is not there then u can ask it here so others who has passed through it can help as well nd others learn .

Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 11, 2016
Hotstepper:
Plz pm me for the guys contact no. I cant remember the documents and he can tell u since he works there

Thank you very much. i appreciate. i would send you the email now.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by voilasummer: 11:04am On Jul 12, 2016
Hotstepper:
Please my people, dont allow me to talk and type too much via my email or here. Plz if you cannot read 31 pages to find simple information like dr information then dont email or ask the question again. Lets avoid repeating things.

I visit this thread to answer any questions to the best of my ability. The only emails i will be replying is that of those who has given birth and need my contacts no at the embassy cuz i cannot put his no here. Also those who r looking for accomodation. Other than these 2, any other questions should be asked here only when u have gone through the pages and feel you dont understabd or what you are looking for is not there then u can ask it here so others who has passed through it can help as well nd others learn .

Thanks

Hi Hotstepper,

1. How much is the cheapest apartment/house rent in GTA?
2. Have you ask your husband about my question before? the administration/procedure to get birth certificate with the help of notary public?

thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by RedReact: 8:05am On Jul 13, 2016
Hello Hotstepper! Permit me to ask about Starchuks' petition, or what is her name again, concerning birth tourism in Canada. The petition had already gathered enough petition though. Where do you think it could lead to?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Victoria2016: 9:19am On Jul 14, 2016
Hello All,

Can someone kindly confirm how long online visa application takes?

I submitted mine since May and yet to get any response from the High Commission.

I applied in Lagos. Please if you have any contacts who can help please share.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by voilasummer: 11:10am On Jul 18, 2016
hermosa:
hello everyone! just wanted to give God the glory for the birth of my baby boy and also give you the breakdown of what i spent here in Ontario.
i had my baby at Lakeridge Health, Oshawa,
cost:
per night: 2500
Dr: 1600.88
Baby per night: 600
went to a Walk in clinic to get baby checked out. cost: 100 CAD
Birth Cert (long and short forn, premium service): 120
PASSPORT (TO GET IT PROCESSED within 10 working days): 77. normal processing fee is 57 CAD i believe
passport photograph for 2 copies: 17 CAD
NAIJA TRAVEL DOCUMENTS: 100
no stress test (pre baby): 300
TRANSPORTATION AND LIVING: stayed with relation so free
diabetes test (try and do it in naija): i think it was less than 30 CAD. can't remember
if there's anything else i remember i'll put it here.

Hi Hermosa,

Congratz for the birth and successful journey.
Can you pls answer this question? need the answer urgently, because I also plan to go to ontario.
1. For birth registration & birth certificate do you use the online 4-in-1 Newborn Bundle (https://www.ontario.ca/page/register-birth-new-baby)?
2. How long does it take to get the birth certificate (long & short) after giving birth?
3. How long do you stay in canada after giving birth until going back to naija?
4. I also want to use the premium service for long & short birth certificate. The term & condition for Premium Online Certificates (https://www.orgforms.gov.on.ca/eForms/eForms_faq/serviceStandards.do#section3) states:
The event must be registered by the ORG and in electronic format at the time the application is received. It takes approximately 16 weeks from the date of birth, 10 weeks from the date the marriage and 12 weeks from the date of death to register the event. Your request for a certificate will be processed after the registration is complete.

How to register the birth and apply for birth certificate premium service? Did you do it on the same day OR request for a birth certificate after the birth registration completed (16 weeks?)?

I need the information urgently to determine the date of my flight's return tickets.

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 18, 2016
Hi Violasummer,

Please post your own experience here for ALL to learn from... did you apply online /paperbased? how long before you got a successful result? PLEASE Ladies & Gents, let us not come to this thread for the sole purpose of TAKING, let us GIVE back too like the US thread....only a few people like HotStepper only GIVE here and dont TAKE at all...let us help each other. THANKS

voilasummer:

Hi Hermosa,

Can you pls answer this question? need the answer urgently, because I also plan to go to ontario.
1. For birth registration & birth certificate do you use the online 4-in-1 Newborn Bundle (https://www.ontario.ca/page/register-birth-new-baby)?
2. How long does it take to get the birth certificate (long & short) after giving birth?
4. I also want to use the premium service for long & short birth certificate. The term & condition for Premium Online Certificates (https://www.orgforms.gov.on.ca/eForms/eForms_faq/serviceStandards.do#section3) states:
The event must be registered by the ORG and in electronic format at the time the application is received. It takes approximately 16 weeks from the date of birth, 10 weeks from the date the marriage and 12 weeks from the date of death to register the event. Your request for a certificate will be processed after the registration is complete.

How to register the birth and apply for birth certificate premium service? Did you do it on the same day OR request for a birth certificate after the birth registration completed (16 weeks?)?

I need the information urgently to determine the date of my flight's return tickets.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by thebaft: 11:58pm On Jul 18, 2016
Victoria2016:
Hello All,

Can someone kindly confirm how long online visa application takes?

I submitted mine since May and yet to get any response from the High Commission.

I applied in Lagos. Please if you have any contacts who can help please share.

Online applications are typically handled by the Accra Visa Office. Send a e-mail to accra.immigration@international.gc.ca with your name, application number, date of application and UCI (if known). I know someone who applied in April, but the application is still in queue.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:53am On Jul 19, 2016
How many rooms apt. Well anything from 800 dollars a month for 1 bedroom apt.

My hubby said just Google and search for notry public in the area u will be staying and u will find them . Got the form for u though

voilasummer:

Hi Hotstepper,

1. How much is the cheapest apartment/house rent in GTA?
2. Have you ask your husband about my question before? the administration/procedure to get birth certificate with the help of notary public?

thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:58am On Jul 19, 2016
1. Yes that's the application to use if you are in Ontario and apply for both long and short birth certificates and leave out the other 2 like SIN and child benefit. You will need the long birth certificate to apply for paspsort cuz both u and ur spouse names will be on that one unlike the short one .

2. It takes about 5 days to get to u. So make sure you give a correct home address

3. This one depends on individuals and how fast u got ur things or if u want to stay more and rest esp if u r not running to go bk to work. Ppl leave as early as 2 and half weeks bk to naija

4. U don't need this service cuz once u apply online, the same day or the day after it will be mailed out to u

voilasummer:

Hi Hermosa,

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:59am On Jul 19, 2016
I haven't heard any outcome regarding this. I think as long as the current administration is in power, birth tourism will still go on

RedReact:
Hello Hotstepper! Permit me to ask about Starchuks' petition, or what is her name again, concerning birth tourism in Canada. The petition had already gathered enough petition though. Where do you think it could lead to?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gogochocolate: 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2016
Hotstepper:

Lol. I heard ita better now as they brought new sets of people from Naija

Madam Hotstepper thanks again for all the help. My wife managed to get the emergency travel certificate for our baby from the Nigerian embassy yesterday. There was a topographical error on the travel certificate as my baby's surname was mis-spelt on the form even though it was just a minor one. i would like to know if this could pose a problem to baby and prevent her from traveling ? We have sent several emails to the Nigerian embassy but they are yet to respond. Her remaining documents and Canadian passport bears her correct name just the emergency travel certificate contains the error. Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nievel: 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2016
Hotstepper:

I haven't heard any outcome regarding this. I think as long as the current administration is in power, birth tourism will still go on

Wow well done everyone for all the information here.
@ Hotstepper please I need some information about Toronto which doesn't have to to with birthing. Please can we connect via pm. Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2016
Sorry to hear that. They don't reply email so don't even waste ur time doing that again. U have to try and get them on thr phone cuz that mistake must be corrected if not the baby won't leave Canada .

Can connect u to the guy in Embassy but he will charge u so it's up to u

quote author=gogochocolate post=47701436]

Madam Hotstepper thanks again for all the help. My wife managed to get the emergency travel certificate for our baby from the Nigerian embassy yesterday. There was a topographical error on the travel certificate as my baby's surname was mis-spelt on the form even though it was just a minor one. i would like to know if this could pose a problem to baby and prevent her from traveling ? We have sent several emails to the Nigerian embassy but they are yet to respond. Her remaining documents and Canadian passport bears her correct name just the emergency travel certificate contains the error. Thank you.[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gogochocolate: 10:00pm On Jul 20, 2016
Thank you so much Hot Stepper. My wife managed to speak to them at the Nigerian Embassy today and they promised to mail out one by express mail. I am keeping my fingers crossed. They said the mistake was from the way the name was written on the long form birth certificate. i would have loved to use your contact but they surprised me by been very efficient and sending the documents immediately my application got to them,

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:24am On Jul 21, 2016
Glad to hear that. Next time, plz don't email naija offices lol.

gogochocolate:
Thank you so much Hot Stepper. My wife managed to speak to them at the Nigerian Embassy today and they promised to mail out one by express mail. I am keeping my fingers crossed. They said the mistake was from the way the name was written on the long form birth certificate. i would have loved to use your contact but they surprised me by been very efficient and sending the documents immediately my application got to them,
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Victoria2016: 10:37am On Jul 21, 2016
thebaft:

Online applications are typically handled by the Accra Visa Office. Send a e-mail to accra.immigration@international.gc.ca with your name, application number, date of application and UCI (if known). I know someone who applied in April, but the application is still in queue.

Thanks, I'll do that right away. I thought online was faster o.

Its getting frustrating just waiting.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gogochocolate: 8:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
Hotstepper:

HOTSTEPPER , Thanks for all your help. i got the corrected version of the emergency travel certificate yesterday from Nigerian embassy, it was sent by overnight courier. Nigerian embassy Canada has performed excellently in this regards. i only wish those guys at the visa section would pick up their calls.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:42am On Jul 24, 2016
Glad to hear this

gogochocolate:

HOTSTEPPER , Thanks for all your help. i got the corrected version of the emergency travel certificate yesterday from Nigerian embassy, it was sent by overnight courier. Nigerian embassy Canada has performed excellently in this regards. i only wish those guys at the visa section would pick up their calls.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bbaby84(f): 6:43am On Jul 24, 2016
Hotstepper:
Glad to hear this

@hotstepper where about in Ontario are you? I'm in Oakville. Are you far from there?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
I am toronto. U r about 35 mins away from me . U Don born?

bbaby84:

@hotstepper where about in Ontario are you? I'm in Oakville. Are you far from there?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bbaby84(f): 6:35am On Jul 25, 2016
Hotstepper:
I am toronto. U r about 35 mins away from me . U Don born?

I didn't come to born o. I'm on holiday with my family. I was downtown Toronto today (CN tower to be precise). I'll pm you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by blaize777: 6:58pm On Jul 25, 2016
gogochocolate:

Hello hotstepper,pls today is my first on dis blog pls I want to know the steps for giving birth in Canada I had my first in usa but we want to try Canada nxt
Pls Wats der hospital fee total package like and process or can u direct me on d page to read it up .
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by blaize777: 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2016
Hotstepper:

Hello hotstepper,pls today is my first on dis blog pls I want to know the steps for giving birth in Canada I had my first in usa but we want to try Canada nxt
Pls Wats der hospital fee total package like and process or can u direct me on d page to read it up .
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 9:34pm On Jul 25, 2016
Read from.pg 1 to 31

blaize777:

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hermosa(f): 1:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
@Omodu yes you need a Canadian guarantor when applying for your baby's passport.
Ive noticed a couple of folks trying to contact me via email please just ask any questions here and ill try and answer the ones I can remember.
To know the blunder I made at toronto airport clixk here http://mumsiehub.com/2016/07/30/myexperience-canadian-flight-authorities/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.