Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,450 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (682514 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Autophys1: 7:24am On May 03, 2017
@BlessedMD2,
Please can you share with us if you were pregnant when you got your visa and if you stated so. What were you asked at the POE. Thanx a lot
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Autophys1: 7:29am On May 03, 2017
@Hotstepper,
How are you. It's been a while you posted on this thread. Thank you for all the information and help you provide for mothers coming to Canada to birth. May God bless you abundantly and grant your heart desires.
Please could you help with the name of the hospital and doctor your family friend used in Toronto that cost less than 4000 CAD for CS?
Thank you in anticipation of your favourable response.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by KaptainAfrika: 4:16pm On May 03, 2017
Thank God for a safe journey, may your childbirth also be successful, amen!

For the sake of members of this forum, I would like to ask some questions, thanks.

1. Did you mention you were pregnant at POE?
2. Did you mention that you wish to have your child in Canada when filling the visa application form?

Thanks and God bless.

BlessedMD2:
Hello people, greetings

So for the little information I have for now, here it goes....

I arrived Calgary safe and without any hassle, when I say no hassle, my time spent at Poe was about 2 minutes tops.
Got in, settled down and my search began for an ob/gyn

It wasn't easy as everyone I called asked if I had insurance because they can't accept cash payments.

I finally got a referral to a Dr at Foothils hospital Calgary Alberta.

I visited the first time and for the first visit I paid $180 cad, and subsequent visits will be 60cad.
Then he examined me and said all is well and from the tests results I brought(thanks to informants here, God bless you all) that I won't be needing any more tests. Im due in June 2017 by their calculations/report, but by God's grace I'm praying for my specific due date grin during my safe period in Jesus name amen.

Now to the part that amazed me undecided he gave me a break down of his fees.

Dr fee 5000cad(this excludes all your prenatal check ups oh! Hmmm. Well I have just a few checks IF I will use him)
Hospital 4765cad
Baby 1968
Epidural 1500 cad
Hospital admittance fee 865
tongue

I was speechless cos everything he told me is completely different from what I have been reading here though it's not specifically on Calgary doctors, but I did a rough estimate from findings here.

I got home, called rocky view hospital and they said their hospital fee is 3488 and baby is 1968cad, that they have no idea about doctors fee, that I would have to get a dr to know that and the epidural fee too.

So here I am thinking if I should "jejely go to the aarmrika" or keep searching or go to another state cos I'm tired cos we budgeted 6k for everything.

Advice my people. Thanks and God bless you all
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by BlessedMD2: 6:54pm On May 03, 2017
Autophys1:
@BlessedMD2,
Please can you share with us if you were pregnant when you got your visa and if you stated so. What were you asked at the POE. Thanx a lot

Thanks
No I wasn't pregnant then.

And when I arrived Canada the convo was

Officer: hi, how are you, so who are you visiting in Canada
Me: family
Officer: enjoy your stay, stamps me
Me: thanks, bye.

I checked and there was no exit date on the stamp

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by BlessedMD2: 6:56pm On May 03, 2017
@kaptainafrika

1. I wasn't asked

2. I wasn't pregnant

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by BlessedMD2: 5:38am On May 05, 2017
My people the search hasn't been easy oh, hmmm calling and calling hospitals and doctors. I've found some useful information about some doctors and hospitals. I will share tomorrow once i round up the search. Thanks everyone

And if you're coming to Calgary let me know, it's not bad here at all, grin I found a doctor that legit charges 500 to 1000! That's all grin bye for now

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 7:34am On May 05, 2017
BlessedMD2:
My people the search hasn't been easy oh, hmmm calling and calling hospitals and doctors. I've found some useful information about some doctors and hospitals. I will share tomorrow once i round up the search. Thanks everyone

And if you're coming to Calgary let me know, it's not bad here at all, grin I found a doctor that legit charges 500 to 1000! That's all grin bye for now

Braving it all! Kudos.... Great sacrifice for the unborn child, yourself and all you are passing these information to. #PrettyBoldSteps

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 05, 2017
[code][/code]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 05, 2017
[code][/code]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 05, 2017
[code][/code]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by lesluga: 7:33pm On May 07, 2017
I want to thank you all in this thread especially hotstepper and justwise, You guys have been great.'
Well my journey so far goes like this. I started the process of application in feb 2017 after my wife introduced my to this thread.

I read through all 36 pages at the time and with the info i went online downloaded the required tutorial videos and forms on cic.ca ( the videos are very helpful) .

I applied for a visitor visa as a family ( wife n kid) and i didnt mention the fact that we were considering child birth. I submitted very credible supporting docs ( statements of accts, salary slips, introduction latter from my company stating my net worth, fix deposit certificates, passed traveling history and letter of invitation from my brother who is a PR)

The whole visa process took exactly a month and i intially thought they just kept it aside n waited for exactly 30days to send it bck to me with out processing it ( cos a colleague had a similar experience). We were given 5years visa each and the planing for the trip started immediately cos my wife was already 20weeks gone n the baby bump is already showing(2nd baby).
I have gone to drop them over there in canada and am back to work to cont the hustle while they flex and prepare for the baby.
At the point of entry ( toronto), the POE didnt even know my wife was pregnant since all attention was drawn towards me and she too was wearing a winter jacket. The only major question asked was why was i stating a 30days visit and my wife and kid was stating 6 months. I simply told him i had to go back to resume work while my family stay back to spend time with my brother and his family.

For now she is seeing the doc my brother introduced her to and will book an appointment close to her due date to see the gyno to save cost. For those seeking for cheap delivery , you can try canada birthing centers. My wife heard about it but she couldnt secure an appointment cos they were fully booked in the edmonton area. The cost is as low as $500 cad. And only for low risk pregnancies.
So our last phase is ongoing n will update u guys on how it goes. Love u all.

7 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Fiwajoluwa(f): 1:37pm On May 08, 2017
Wow. Please keep us posted on your findings. Wishing you favour and plenty luck

BlessedMD2:
Hello people, greetings

So for the little information I have for now, here it goes....

I arrived Calgary safe and without any hassle, when I say no hassle, my time spent at Poe was about 2 minutes tops.
Got in, settled down and my search began for an ob/gyn

It wasn't easy as everyone I called asked if I had insurance because they can't accept cash payments.

I finally got a referral to a Dr at Foothils hospital Calgary Alberta.

I visited the first time and for the first visit I paid $180 cad, and subsequent visits will be 60cad.
Then he examined me and said all is well and from the tests results I brought(thanks to informants here, God bless you all) that I won't be needing any more tests. Im due in June 2017 by their calculations/report, but by God's grace I'm praying for my specific due date grin during my safe period in Jesus name amen.

Now to the part that amazed me undecided he gave me a break down of his fees.

Dr fee 5000cad(this excludes all your prenatal check ups oh! Hmmm. Well I have just a few checks IF I will use him)
Hospital 4765cad
Baby 1968
Epidural 1500 cad
Hospital admittance fee 865
tongue

I was speechless cos everything he told me is completely different from what I have been reading here though it's not specifically on Calgary doctors, but I did a rough estimate from findings here.

I got home, called rocky view hospital and they said their hospital fee is 3488 and baby is 1968cad, that they have no idea about doctors fee, that I would have to get a dr to know that and the epidural fee too.

So here I am thinking if I should "jejely go to the aarmrika" or keep searching or go to another state cos I'm tired cos we budgeted 6k for everything.

Advice my people. Thanks and God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 08, 2017
[code][/code]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ekinado: 6:55pm On May 08, 2017
Good day ladies and gentlemen,Pls I intend to renew our expired visas this may but I would like to know from fellow forumites if a Passport with about 8 months left to expire is ok to process the renewal? Has anyone dealt with this kind of situation before.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 08, 2017
[code][/code]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by BlessedMD2: 6:38am On May 09, 2017
Ekinado:
Good day ladies and gentlemen,Pls I intend to renew our expired visas this may but I would like to know from fellow forumites if a Passport with about 8 months left to expire is ok to process the renewal? Has anyone dealt with this kind of situation before.

For safety reasons, I think you should renew your passport first to avoid denial.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by BlessedMD2: 6:38am On May 09, 2017
Thanks everyone for your well wishes. God bless us all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Joyeka: 7:06am On May 09, 2017
@blessedmd2

kudos to you..please i am interested in your coding levels for the alberta dr.....thank you plenty
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Zumabeezle: 9:43pm On May 09, 2017
U are one bold woman! Wishing you success out there. Safe delivery by the grace of God. I really commend you.

BlessedMD2:

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ifynkem(f): 1:56pm On May 10, 2017
Wow mamaah, I am really happy for you and I love your charisma. Here's wishing you the safest delivery. I will definitely be on the lookout for the continuation . God's Blessings dear.

BlessedMD2:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Chibunduenkay: 2:51pm On May 10, 2017
lesluga:
I want to thank you all in this thread especially hotstepper and justwise, You guys have been great.'
Well my journey so far goes like this. I started the process of application in feb 2017 after my wife introduced my to this thread.

I read through all 36 pages at the time and with the info i went online downloaded the required tutorial videos and forms on cic.ca ( the videos are very helpful) .

I applied for a visitor visa as a family ( wife n kid) and i didnt mention the fact that we were considering child birth. I submitted very credible supporting docs ( statements of accts, salary slips, introduction latter from my company stating my net worth, fix deposit certificates, passed traveling history and letter of invitation from my brother who is a PR)

The whole visa process took exactly a month and i intially thought they just kept it aside n waited for exactly 30days to send it bck to me with out processing it ( cos a colleague had a similar experience). We were given 5years visa each and the planing for the trip started immediately cos my wife was already 20weeks gone n the baby bump is already showing(2nd baby).
I have gone to drop them over there in canada and am back to work to cont the hustle while they flex and prepare for the baby.
At the point of entry ( toronto), the POE didnt even know my wife was pregnant since all attention was drawn towards me and she too was wearing a winter jacket. The only major question asked was why was i stating a 30days visit and my wife and kid was stating 6 months. I simply told him i had to go back to resume work while my family stay back to spend time with my brother and his family.

For now she is seeing the doc my brother introduced her to and will book an appointment close to her due date to see the gyno to save cost. For those seeking for cheap delivery , you can try canada birthing centers. My wife heard about it but she couldnt secure an appointment cos they were fully booked in the edmonton area. The cost is as low as $500 cad. And only for low risk pregnancies.
So our last phase is ongoing n will update u guys on how it goes. Love u all.

Hello, please what state are your family currently in? I am looking to go to Ottawa and have no obgyn contact. Kindly assist with this information. Congratulations in advance to your family too
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by nesha2dafree: 8:08pm On May 10, 2017
KeishSunshine:
Hello Everyone,

My post is loooooong overdue but i'll still post 'cos this might help someone.
I had my baby in Canada in May. Got into Canada, late April and left June 3rd when my baby was 2 weeks plus.

Here's how it worked from scratch.

I got onto this page and some others I can't recall now sometime in January and read all I could over and over again.
Noticed a lot of people were talking to someone called 'Hotstepper' so I sent her a message to ask for guidance.
She gave me more than enough information and hand held me through the entire process.
Hubby and I applied for the visa in early February ( i was already VISIBLY pregnant).
The wait to get the visa was so scary cos I was running against time. Hotstepper kept praying with me o! (and yes, it took prayers).
Anyway visa came out third week in April and i was already 37 weeks then. So it was a rat race. Hotstepper and her entire family started to look for accommodation and everything i needed for me as she was my only contact in Toronto at the time. She had also warned me that some pregnant ladies were getting turned back at the port of entry so we kept praying and she was hoping with me too.
Hubby and I got in. Hubby was asked questions and i said nothing. I don't know if the guy saw my belle or not but I know God was at work sha cos we were allowed in.

Total hospital bills came to about 6000cad, cos i took epidural, that cost 1000cad.
Stay per day in the hospital 2500cad.
Doctor's fees were 1500cad.
Baby's fees including tests and all were about 1000cad

I got all my baby's documents in a week.
Didn't need to get a Nigerian passport for the baby, just got a document to allow him travel but even this document wasn't requested at any point in time while we were travelling. Just to be safe though, have it handy.

TIPS
It's best to run as many tests as you can here in Nigeria up to the very day before you travel so you can have up to date information for the doctor. I had to run some other tests cos I didn't have them all.

Ask the doctor why you have to do whatever tests he recommends and if they are necessary at all. Sometimes, they are just nice to do for the doctor, but everything will cost you some money.

It's best to have loads of cash handy. None of our cards worked in any of the ATMs there. We were able to pay for stuff via POS but even that didn't always work. Now, you actually need a dollar master card to make your life easy so just get that.

You can't rent a vehicle without a credit card. If you want to do a lot of running around and you prefer having a vehicle you need this. Taxis can be naughty...as in every other country. The bus is a great option, but you don't want to be carrying your newborn about in a place where he can be exposed to germs and all.

In getting a guarantor for your baby's Canadian passport, make sure that they know enough about you to pass a telephone interview. They actually call the guarantor to be sure they know you well. If they aren't satisfied, they'll deny your request for a Canadian passport and ask you to re-apply.

My baby DID NOT GET A HEALTH CARD, so I had to pay for every thing that was done for him. Every single thing. Maybe that was a law that changed but just have that at the back of your mind. And plan for it. Maybe it's only applicable to Toronto but...there!

If you are a new mum, this isn't compulsory but i'll advise you to stay till you've done your 6 week check up and be sure you're fine before coming back home.

There! I'll do my best to answer all questions.

Thanks to Hotstepper and her family, 'specially her sis and mum for just being angels.
Did i say i had never met her before that trip? Bless her heart.

Hi KeishSunshine thanks for sharing. Can you tell me which hospital you delivered in and the doctor you used the information is well appreciated. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Fiwajoluwa(f): 11:27pm On May 11, 2017
We definately need more success or recent stories of birthing in canada to make a choice as it is. Its obvious the free health card for the new born baby isnt guaranteed anymore as i have read two or three people who still had to pay for the baby after delivery. Hotstepper, pls can you kindly confirm this health card issue for new born if we would get it or not and what states do not give. From the calculations of things if free health card is non inclusive in the Canadian freebie package then US and Canada seems to be the same thing when it comes to birthing budget. These many points are what i observed from the recent posts. Please anyone with Canada RECENT birthing stories should kindly share so we can know more on whats new and make the right choice. God bless you all. Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by triciaonos: 3:07pm On May 12, 2017
Chibunduenkay:

Hello, please what state are your family currently in? I am looking to go to Ottawa and have no obgyn contact. Kindly assist with this information. Congratulations in advance to your family too
. [color=#006600][/color]

Hello everyone ,Responding for my husband.
We are in Edmonton, don't know anything about Ottawa
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Virt: 6:13pm On May 12, 2017
Hello everyone!

This is a follow up of my post, the earlier was on visa application.

I arrived Canada in Feb, 2017 though Toronto Pearson International Airport. On arrival, the immigration officer asked why I was in Canada, I told him that I was on vacation and that I would also be having my baby there, he was taken aback when he heard I was planning to have my baby there, that he asked “you came here to have your baby?”, I repeated my earlier response. He stamped my passport and let me in. However, on going to claim my baggage, I was stopped by the border patrol officer when she saw my BIG BUMP and re-directed me to another room for further checks, I joined a line of other such people they re-directed to further interrogate their purpose of visit to Canada.

I have never been interrogated like that in my life. I really don’t know where to start in the questions I was asked cos it will take a whole page, however, I responded honestly especially since I had indicated in my visa application that I intend to have my baby there. I told the officer who questioned me so.

The following are some of the questions I was asked as I can recall.

Why are you here in Canada?
To have your baby? Why Canada?
Who would you be staying with? What does the person do? Was she the one that arranged these whole stuff for you? Where does she live?
Have you made any arrangement with a doctor here? Any medical report? Let me see. When is your appointment?
Do you have travel insurance? Do you have a return ticket? Let me see it.
How much do you have with you? Let me see it?
Is your husband joining you? No.
What do you do (work)? What position?
You have an approved leave from your employer? Etc. can’t recall others cos they were leading questions, and your responses determines what next he would ask (Sorry including my responses above will make the post lengthy).

After about 10mins or so, he approved for me to go. That room is where they return people if your purpose of visit is not satisfactory. He requested for documents from the Dr. in Canada, I told him that I don’t have but that I have that from my Dr. in Nigeria and he asked to see it and I gave him and he read through it same with other documents he requested for. He asked to see the cash after asking how much I was with, when I brought the envelope with the cash from my bag and was about bringing it out, he asked if the money was in the envelope, I told him yes, he said I could put it back (so he did not see the money) but it proved I had enough money to cover my medical bills and period of stay in Canada.

Sourcing for Doctor
I had read through the thread here and got the number of Dr Abou Seido of Brampton Civic hospital, I called his office while in Nigeria but they refused to book an appointment with me telling me they can’t give me an appointment until I arrived Canada, however, she told me the test results to come with including ultra sound scans. My friend in Canada helped me book the appointment cos I did not want delay in seeing the Dr. as I would be 34weeks when I arrive.

On meeting Dr. Abou-seido, he said that for his patients from the 3rd world countries, he usually try to make sure they stay for just one night in the hospital since they would be paying out of pocket, if there are no complications during birth. I was so glad because that was why I chose to use him in the first place. Somebody had earlier posted how the Dr. helped her stay one night even with CS deliver and I decided to go for him. He actually helped me stay just for one night and It was my third CS. On the day of surgery he asked if I wanted to tie my tubes, I told him no (I’ve read about its side effects, so I wasn’t ready for such family planning. Lols)

The following are the breakdown of my costs

Doctor fees including epidural - $3,500 (His epidural Dr. is the best I have seen, I didn’t feel the process at all and it was done in less than 1 min.
Hospital fees - $2000 for me, $600 for the baby per night
Pre-op fees - $200
Circumcision fees (not in the hospital) - $250
Family Dr visit for baby checkup - $50
Birth Certificate (long and short) - $60 (got it in 1 week)
Passport (expedited) - $107 (got it in 2 days)
Nigerian Emergency travel document - $150 (got in 1 day) Hotstepper’s contact was amazing, he processed and posted the document to me same day, and I received it the following day!!!
Total - $7,000 (including other small fees not mentioned above).

I stayed with my friend so no transportation and feeding costs.

I travelled alone, so my husband had to go to the Canadian high commission in Lagos to sign before the baby’s passport could be processed.
Delivery at Brampton Civic hospital was very okay, no issues whatsoever, except that I had to pay 2 nights upfront after which they say they will refund the unutilized one night fee ($2,000). My friend used a her debit card to pay, so they said refund will be through cheque issuance but that if it was credit card, it would have been done immediately. We are expecting to get that back soon.

I arrived Nigeria 2 weeks ago hassle free.

I hope my experience will help somebody cos this thread helped me a lot from visa application to delivery to paper work etc.

God bless you all - (By the way, I had the whole process committed to God in prayer, so don’t overlook this aspect at all, because it has been God’s doing not man).

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by JESUnifemi4eva: 9:35am On May 13, 2017
Congratulations Virt. We thank GOD for a successful delivery and trip...GOD bless your baby & thanks for sharing...GOD bless Hotstepper as well; you have been very supportive

Virt:
Hello everyone!

I arrived Canada in Feb, 2017 though Toronto Pearson International Airport. On arrival, the immigration officer asked why I was in Canada, I told him that I was on vacation and that I would also be having my baby there, he was taken aback when he heard I was planning to have my baby there, that he asked “you came here to have your baby?”, I repeated my earlier response. He stamped my passport and let me in. However, on going to claim my baggage, I was stopped by the border patrol officer when she saw my BIG BUMP and re-directed me to another room for further checks, I joined a line of other such people they re-directed to further interrogate their purpose of visit to Canada.

I have never been interrogated like that in my life. I really don’t know where to start in the questions I was asked cos it will take a whole page, however, I responded honestly especially since I had indicated in my visa application that I intend to have my baby there. I told the officer who questioned me so.

Who would you be staying with? What does the person do? Was she the one that arranged these whole stuff for you? Where does she live?
Have you made any arrangement with a doctor here? Any medical report? Let me see. When is your appointment?
You have an approved leave from your employer? Etc. can’t recall others cos they were leading questions, and your responses determines what next he would ask (Sorry including my responses above will make the post lengthy).

After about 10mins or so, he approved for me to go. That room is where they return people if your purpose of visit is not satisfactory. He requested for documents from the Dr. in Canada, I told him that I don’t have but that I have that from my Dr. in Nigeria and he asked to see it and I gave him and he read through it same with other documents he requested for. He asked to see the cash after asking how much I was with, when I brought the envelope with the cash from my bag and was about bringing it out, he asked if the money was in the envelope, I told him yes, he said I could put it back (so he did not see the money) but it proved I had enough money to cover my medical bills and period of stay in Canada.

Sourcing for Doctor
I had read through the thread here and got the number of Dr Abou Seido of Brampton Civic hospital, I called his office while in Nigeria but they refused to book an appointment with me telling me they can’t give me an appointment until I arrived Canada, however, she told me the test results to come with including ultra sound scans. My friend in Canada helped me book the appointment cos I did not want delay in seeing the Dr. as I would be 34weeks when I arrive.

On meeting Dr. Abou-seido, he said that for his patients from the 3rd world countries, he usually try to make sure they stay for just one night in the hospital since they would be paying out of pocket, if there are no complications during birth. I was so glad because that was why I chose to use him in the first place. Somebody had earlier posted how the Dr. helped her stay one night even with CS deliver and I decided to go for him. He actually helped me stay just for one night and It was my third CS. On the day of surgery he asked if I wanted to tie my tubes, I told him no (I’ve read about its side effects, so I wasn’t ready for such family planning. Lols)

Doctor fees including epidural - $3,500 (His epidural Dr. is the best I have seen, I didn’t feel the process at all and it was done in less than 1 min.
Pre-op fees - $200
Nigerian Emergency travel document - $150 (got in 1 day) Hotstepper’s contact was amazing, he processed and posted the document to me same day, and I received it the following day!!!

I travelled alone, so my husband had to go to the Canadian high commission in Lagos to sign before the baby’s passport could be processed.
Delivery at Brampton Civic hospital was very okay, no issues whatsoever, except that I had to pay 2 nights upfront after which they say they will refund the unutilized one night fee ($2,000). My friend used a her debit card to pay, so they said refund will be through cheque issuance but that if it was credit card, it would have been done immediately. We are expecting to get that back soon.

I hope my experience will help somebody cos this thread helped me a lot from visa application to delivery to paper work etc.

God bless you all - (By the way, I had the whole process committed to God in prayer, so don’t overlook this aspect at all, because it has been God’s doing not man).
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Fiwajoluwa(f): 7:42pm On May 13, 2017
Thank you so much Virt. Very detailed and helpful. Pls did your baby get a health card after delivery and is that why you paid just $50 for check up after delivery. Thank you so much. I pray you come back to read this.

Virt:
Hello everyone!

Sourcing for Doctor

Pre-op fees - $200

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Virt: 9:27pm On May 13, 2017
Hi Dear,

They no longer give automatic health cards to babies born in Canada except the parents are resident in the country.

The family Dr's fee was just affordable, some charge $60 - $100 per check up.

Fiwajoluwa:
Thank you so much Virt. Very detailed and helpful. Pls did your baby get a health card after delivery and is that why you paid just $50 for check up after delivery. Thank you so much. I pray you come back to read this.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 11:42pm On May 13, 2017
anytime the baby is grown say at 18 or 19 qnd comes bk go to school or live, his or her health card will be issued.

The reason why it is not been issued again is that it doesnt make sense that ppl who lives in the country and pay tax and then someone like u who doesnt live here or pay tax, ur child will now come and benefit. so it makes sense

Fiwajoluwa:

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Fiwajoluwa(f): 11:50pm On May 13, 2017
Wow. I have looked up Brampton civic once as i might be using it too. Let me know how you managed to transport yourself as i dont think i wanna go the uber way as i was indoors most of the time when last i visted because my host were workaholics. lol and would not wanna trouble anyone about driving me. Do you have any idea about preggos driving themselves in Canada. Pls let me know if we can have vis-a-vis chat too.
Thank you.

Virt:
Hi Dear,

They no longer give automatic health cards to babies born in Canada except the parents are resident in the country.

The family Dr's fee was just affordable, some charge $60 - $100 per check up.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Fiwajoluwa(f): 11:55pm On May 13, 2017
Wow. Thank you for this info Hotstepper. Pls can i rent a car and drive myself as a preggo in Canada during my few months stay as its done in US. My host are workaholics who i do not plan to stress this time

Hotstepper:

anytime the baby is grown say at 18 or 19 qnd comes bk go to school or live, his or her health card will be issued.

The reason why it is not been issued again is that it doesnt make sense that ppl who lives in the country and pay tax and then someone like u who doesnt live here or pay tax, ur child will now come and benefit. so it makes sense

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Virt: 6:54pm On May 14, 2017
Hello dear,

I wasn't driving myself. I was lucky my host drove me everywhere I wanted to go, but I think you can still use your international driving license to drive as a visitor. I don't know if there is any restriction on who drives as per with pregnancy or not. Hostepper or any Canada resident here should be able to advise accordingly.

I'll respond to your PM.

Fiwajoluwa:
Wow. I have looked up Brampton civic once as i might be using it too. Let me know how you managed to transport yourself as i dont think i wanna go the uber way as i was indoors most of the time when last i visted because my host were workaholics. lol and would not wanna trouble anyone about driving me. Do you have any idea about preggos driving themselves in Canada. Pls let me know if we can have vis-a-vis chat too.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.