Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,965 members, 7,806,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (682273 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:21am On Jul 09, 2017
[message me

quote author=tobi12345 post=58098573]@hotstepper! yes i have my visa. am currently in united States. please , how can you assist me with a good hospital ,accommodation and all plus cost. please [/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Teefinix3: 12:47am On Jul 09, 2017
@ hotstepper
Please I need your contact at Nigeria embassy @ Ottawa.
I need to get ETC for my baby..
I have sent a pm to u
Thanks in anticipation.
God bless u

Hotstepper:

do u have ur visa now

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Virt: 9:17am On Jul 10, 2017
@Teefinix, Congrats on your baby. How did it go and which Doctor did you eventually use?

Teefinix3:
@ hotstepper
I have sent a pm to u
Thanks in anticipation.
God bless u

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by urblackpearl: 11:48am On Jul 10, 2017
Teefinix3:
@ hotstepper
I have sent a pm to u
Thanks in anticipation.
God bless u

Congrats Sis! Thank God for safe delivery. Please share your experience!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Teefinix3: 9:48pm On Jul 10, 2017
Thanks sis....I eventually used Dr ayodele, he gave me an appointment the day I visited his office....and he fix the delivery date immediately despite being 38 weeks....he is a good man.

Virt:

@Teefinix, Congrats on your baby. How did it go and which Doctor did you eventually use?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Teefinix3: 9:50pm On Jul 10, 2017
Thank u.
Will definately share my experience as soon as possible....
God help us all.

urblackpearl:

Congrats Sis! Thank God for safe delivery. Please share your experience!

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by BlessedMD2: 5:08am On Jul 11, 2017
Hello all, so had my baby at Peter Lougheed in Calgary. I see someone put up the prices already.

I got the same bill + epidural @ 1200

My experience was very ok, although you won't get a lot of freebies like in the USA but they make you ok. And we all have to understand that Canada is still growing, so we should limit the comparison a little bit. grin

I have applied for baby's registry so I'm supposed to order a b.c as I was told. I'm doing so tomorrow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by JESUnifemi4eva: 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
Congratulations BlessedMD2 and Teefinix3!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2017
Dear Hotstepper,

I have sent you a PM

Thanks
Hotstepper:
[
message me

quote author=Anonymoushack post=57939841]Hello @Hotstepper

Please could you share your Nigerian embassy contact with me
I am in Alberta and I want to apply for an emergency travel certificate for my baby
Do I post all the required documents via courier and they just respond or do I have to show up physically in Ottawa or know somebody

Please help
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Teefinix3: 1:10am On Jul 13, 2017
Dear hotstteper,
I have sent pm(s) to u on d same request...kindly help with your contact in Ottawa for ETC
God bless.

Anonymoushack:
Dear Hotstepper,

I have sent you a PM

Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by newbie17: 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2017
@Hotstepper

I have a different question if you can help please...

I'm now PR but want to arrive when I'm 35wks to have baby in alberta, this is solely cos i have plenty of things to sort out...will the General Physician still be able to help me get an OBGYN as soon as possible before my due date. or better still how can i work around any hiccup that might arise with not finding an obgyn in time?..

any info wld be appreciated... if you don't mind, can I PM you if i have another query, seeing that my case is a bit different...

Thanks gaan...
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Topmag: 8:18am On Jul 15, 2017
@ newbie17 sent you a pm please.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Mohddd: 8:33pm On Jul 17, 2017
Hello everyone. I really appreciate everyone that has kept this thread on. Pls can the newest mummies in the house also post about their POR. The questions asked et al. Thanks for always ready to share.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Mohddd: 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2017
POE I meant in my last post. Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:28am On Jul 18, 2017
you will get..in this part of the world, well Canada, life 1st

yea PM at any time .

do u have a health card?

newbie17:
@Hotstepper

I have a different question if you can help please...

I'm now PR but want to arrive when I'm 35wks to have baby in alberta, this is solely cos i have plenty of things to sort out...will the General Physician still be able to help me get an OBGYN as soon as possible before my due date. or better still how can i work around any hiccup that might arise with not finding an obgyn in time?..

any info wld be appreciated... if you don't mind, can I PM you if i have another query, seeing that my case is a bit different...

Thanks gaan...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:29am On Jul 18, 2017
have i responded?

Teefinix3:
Dear hotstteper,
I have sent pm(s) to u on d same request...kindly help with your contact in Ottawa for ETC
God bless.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Godsgoodness: 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
Hello all, thanks for all the information. So I'm done with all 52 pages.
Hotstepper, well done ma. You'll definitely get crayfish from me when I arrive (by God's grace).

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Godsgoodness: 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
Hello Hermosa, sure your boy is all grown now. I noticed you didn't drop the name of your doctor. Could you post it please.

hermosa:
hello everyone! just wanted to give God the glory for the birth of my baby boy and also give you the breakdown of what i spent here in Ontario.
i had my baby at Lakeridge Health, Oshawa,
cost:
per night: 2500
Dr: 1600.88
Baby per night: 600
went to a Walk in clinic to get baby checked out. cost: 100 CAD
Birth Cert (long and short forn, premium service): 120
PASSPORT (TO GET IT PROCESSED within 10 working days): 77. normal processing fee is 57 CAD i believe
passport photograph for 2 copies: 17 CAD
NAIJA TRAVEL DOCUMENTS: 100
no stress test (pre baby): 300
TRANSPORTATION AND LIVING: stayed with relation so free
diabetes test (try and do it in naija): i think it was less than 30 CAD. can't remember
if there's anything else i remember i'll put it here.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Godsgoodness: 7:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
Oloriesther, did you receive the doctor's contact from Hermosa? Did you end up using this hospital? If yes please let me have your doctors name and number. Thanks

oloriesther:

Hello Hermosa, thanks for the insightful breakdown on your delivery experience.please kindly give the name & contact of the doctor you used for the sake of us also who are still planning towards this journey.Incase you can't drop it on the platform, kindly it to me via email (bukros @yahoo.com).
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 11:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
awwww! thanks
i pray u get it

Godsgoodness:
Hello all, thanks for all the information. So I'm done with all 52 pages.
Hotstepper, well done ma. You'll definitely get crayfish from me when I arrive (by God's grace).

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Godsgoodness: 10:35am On Jul 19, 2017
Thanks my dear. Abeg I will reach out to you soon via mail. My host who is helping me to check up the contacts I got here is very heavy and I won't want to stress her so much. But meanwhile can I get the doctors's and hospital contact that is in your area (Vaughan) My host said it's also not so far from her place.

Hotstepper:
awwww! thanks
i pray u get it

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by CurvyDiva123: 4:27pm On Jul 19, 2017
I am currently 3 months pregnant and i would like to give birth abroad
i have a close family friend who is a nurse in new york, she owns a house and has been working and living in America for 20 something years. she sent me invitation during my last pregnancy but i was not ready financially
I dont have anyone in Canada at all but i hear i dont need to know anybody and giving birth over there is better
Please im here for anybody that can give me useful info, im new to Nairaland. i signed up cos of this
Please respond
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Godsgoodness: 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2017
Hello curvydiva, seems we'll be due about the same time. You need to start by applying for a Canadian visa after which you will settle for your location. From people's experiences on the thread, it seems Toronto is the place of choice for those who don't have anyone in other parts of Canada.
How to go about the visa application and documents that may increase your chances have been elaborated on the thread. Same with hospitals/doctors and POE experiences. Try to go through the thread and you'll find very useful info that will help.
If you decide on Toronto, we can plan together.

CurvyDiva123:
I am currently 3 months pregnant and i would like to give birth abroad
i have a close family friend who is a nurse in new york, she owns a house and has been working and living in America for 20 something years. she sent me invitation during my last pregnancy but i was not ready financially
I dont have anyone in Canada at all but i hear i dont need to know anybody and giving birth over there is better
Please im here for anybody that can give me useful info, im new to Nairaland. i signed up cos of this
Please respond

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Godsgoodness: 11:36am On Jul 21, 2017
Sad����
I guess this thread is closed. No one is saying anything again. Not even people that recently travelled or put to bed. Has the Canadian laws changed?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by JESUnifemi4eva: 5:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hi Godsgoodness, the thread isnt closed....we just need people to share their experiences or maybe people haven't travelled to give birth in the past few months.

All the best on your journey....and please share your testimony, it just might ginger the thread again.

Godsgoodness:
Sad����
I guess this thread is closed. No one is saying anything again. Not even people that recently travelled or put to bed. Has the Canadian laws changed?

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Orente2016: 8:00am On Jul 23, 2017
Good morning house.
@ lesluga,
Pls I just sent u a pm, pls in supporting documents how did u go about ur travel history? Did u just type it or wat? I will really appreciate if u respond sir.tx
uote author=lesluga post=56300955]I want to thank you all in this thread especially hotstepper and justwise, You guys have been great.'
Well my journey so far goes like this. I started the process of application in feb 2017 after my wife introduced my to this thread.

I read through all 36 pages at the time and with the info i went online downloaded the required tutorial videos and forms on cic.ca ( the videos are very helpful) .

I applied for a visitor visa as a family ( wife n kid) and i didnt mention the fact that we were considering child birth. I submitted very credible supporting docs ( statements of accts, salary slips, introduction latter from my company stating my net worth, fix deposit certificates, passed traveling history and letter of invitation from my brother who is a PR)

The whole visa process took exactly a month and i intially thought they just kept it aside n waited for exactly 30days to send it bck to me with out processing it ( cos a colleague had a similar experience). We were given 5years visa each and the planing for the trip started immediately cos my wife was already 20weeks gone n the baby bump is already showing(2nd baby).
I have gone to drop them over there in canada and am back to work to cont the hustle while they flex and prepare for the baby.
At the point of entry ( toronto), the POE didnt even know my wife was pregnant since all attention was drawn towards me and she too was wearing a winter jacket. The only major question asked was why was i stating a 30days visit and my wife and kid was stating 6 months. I simply told him i had to go back to resume work while my family stay back to spend time with my brother and his family.

For now she is seeing the doc my brother introduced her to and will book an appointment close to her due date to see the gyno to save cost. For those seeking for cheap delivery , you can try canada birthing centers. My wife heard about it but she couldnt secure an appointment cos they were fully booked in the edmonton area. The cost is as low as $500 cad. And only for low risk pregnancies.
So our last phase is ongoing n will update u guys on how it goes. Love u all.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Godsgoodness: 3:03pm On Jul 23, 2017
Thanks. Nothing yet to share. About to apply for visa. I'm getting my documents ready. Got some doctors/hospital contacts from here and my host in Canada is helping to contact them. I'll definitely share whatever I have as I have gotten a lot from this thread.

JESUnifemi4eva:
Hi Godsgoodness, the thread isnt closed....we just need people to share their experiences or maybe people haven't travelled to give birth in the past few months.

All the best on your journey....and please share your testimony, it just might ginger the thread again.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by lesluga: 3:25am On Jul 25, 2017
@ orente2016 for the sake of those that still want answers to those questions, i will answer to the best of my ability both here and your pm.
i had previously spent a year outside the country on study sponsored by my company, this allowed me to travel in and out of the nigeria multiple times and on each occasion at the POE my passport was stamped of which i made photocopies of my passport booklet. i was also given a study permit during my period of stay which enable me to open a bank acct in the country of my study of which i submitted proof of the acct also.
you might not have same travel history like mine but your best bet is to state the country n duration of time you spent there backed by copies of you stamped passport booklet.

[quote author=Orente2016 post=58740148]Good morning house.
@ lesluga,
Pls I just sent u a pm, pls in supporting documents how did u go about ur travel history? Did u just type it or wat? I will really appreciate if u respond sir.tx

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Orente2016: 5:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
@ lesluga
Tx bro

@ house,
Wedone ma/sir
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by DaTma(f): 11:16pm On Jul 26, 2017
kudos to hotstepper and alll contributors.. please anybody with information on blue card insurance?
gone through all 52 pages and haven't seen anything on it...thanks for your respond
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by tobi12345: 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2017
@hotstepper ...helo madam hotstepper. pls I sent u an email .respond pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.