Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,341 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (682453 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
Yes it should and since you have paying cash, u can also bargain. Dr charged her 1500 initially as that's wat she deposited but after delivery, Dr told her that she now charged her 750 so she should come and take her balance when she's less in pain. At least that one go be enough to get the baby's naija and Canadian passports and birth certificates

Phema:
Hotstepper, thanks for that invaluable info. That means Vag delivery will be cheaper even with epidural. I'm still surprised.

Calgary you said? wink
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 5:03pm On Mar 25, 2015
I kno it's cheaper than most US hospitals though. Ah! That's good oh as regards ur email to them.

Phema:

Thanks Nita. This being on ground thingy is the only snag I have about the Canadian birthing process. I like to know what I'm up against, especially cost wise, so I can be prepared.

Then again, how do you explain to the CPB that you can afford to pay without recourse to public funds if you don't even know the cos of the whole process?

By the way, I emailed the Canadian Embassy in Naija to ask if it was legal ffor to apply for visa solely to go have a baby and they answered in the affirmative.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2015
Hostepper nwannem, biko can I be your "family friend"? Please, don't say no grin

Be sure to get a message from moi when I'm ready.

Thanks again.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 5:08pm On Mar 25, 2015
Thanks hotstepper. I will definitely need ur help as regards d doctor when d time comes.

Hotstepper:

Yes it should and since you have paying cash, u can also bargain. Dr charged her 1500 initially as that's wat she deposited but after delivery, Dr told her that she now charged her 750 so she should come and take her balance when she's less in pain. At least that one go be enough to get the baby's naija and Canadian passports and birth certificates

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:25pm On Mar 25, 2015
[
Ooo nwannem, ur request accepted

quote author=Phema post=31995669]Hostepper nwannem, biko can I be your "family friend"? Please, don't say no grin

Be sure to get a message from moi when I'm ready.

Thanks again.[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:25pm On Mar 25, 2015
Sure no problem

Nita2013:
Thanks hotstepper. I will definitely need ur help as regards d doctor when d time comes.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bellong: 5:56pm On Mar 25, 2015
Phema:

Fear not bellong. Your sister is bullet proof protected. Oga shoots in vain tongue tongue

Good... Now I can sleep with two eyes closed. Fear don run comot cheesy

Nothing wrong in having two babies in a year. However, you are giving the tailor an opportunity to be sewing one size fits all for your children...... grin grin grin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
bellong:
Good... Now I can sleep with two eyes closed. Fear don run comot cheesy

Nothing wrong in having two babies in a year. However, you are giving the tailor an opportunity to be sewing one size fits all for your children...... grin grin grin

Lol@the bolded.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Bunmi2456: 2:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
Please do you know how long your famil friend visa processing took after she submitted? Thanks

Hotstepper:

It doesn't matter. My family friend was already preggy when she applied but she did online application and there was nowhere they asked if she's preggy or not so she didn't indicate. She wasn't called for interview either and was given 4 yrs visa.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by justwise(m): 6:35pm On Mar 26, 2015
Phema:

Lol. When did it now become a crime to pop two soldiers in one year eehh? I'm blessed like that tongue

LMAO@down below don heal. E don heal physically, but the wound still fresh psychologically mehn embarassed grin

Fear not bellong. Your sister is bullet proof protected. Oga shoots in vain tongue tongue

After Canada which other country will you be having baby in? It seems that you are planning to create United Nation grin

5 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
justwise:
After Canada which other country will you be having baby in? It seems that you are planning to create United Nation grin

Lol@ UN. Mesef no mind ooo. I for even come that una UK for one sef, but una no get anything to offer me. tongue

And please, don't tell me "good healthcare".grin

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by justwise(m): 8:45pm On Mar 26, 2015
Phema:

Lol@ UN. Mesef no mind ooo. I for even come that una UK for one sef, but una no get anything to offer me. tongue

And please, don't tell me "good healthcare".grin

Come UK...you go get red Pali after 7yrs of giving birth to your baby here..no awofu grin grin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2015
justwise:
Come UK...you go get red Pali after 7yrs of giving birth to your baby here..no awofu grin grin

7yrs?? Mbanu, i must see the "return on investment" immediately. grin

6 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ifax(f): 10:52pm On Mar 26, 2015
Lol. Phema phema, next might be Brazil grin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 27, 2015
ifax:
Lol. Phema phema, next might be Brazil grin

cheesy cheesy
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by chidaroy(f): 2:30pm On Mar 28, 2015
Lol. I have been following most of your conversations. I really like your spirit. Me sef go join queue for the Canada waka. I never drop the one wey dey my belle but planning don start. grin
Phema:

7yrs?? Mbanu, i must see the "return on investment" immediately. grin

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 28, 2015
chidaroy:
Lol. I have been following most of your conversations. I really like your spirit. Me sef go join queue for the Canada waka. I never drop the one wey dey my belle but planning don start. grin

Lol. Wetin person go do na? Abeg, go drop this one come back, make we plan another one. grin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by chidaroy(f): 9:03pm On Mar 28, 2015
Yes o. Dropping in May. wink
Phema:

Lol. Wetin person go do na? Abeg, go drop this one come back, make we plan another one. grin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 28, 2015
chidaroy:
Yes o. Dropping in May. wink

Safe delivery babes. It shall be better than that of the Hebrew women.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 28, 2015
Justwise!! Aaaaarrrggghhh!!!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 11:59pm On Mar 28, 2015
Phema abeg wetin bro's Justwise delete na?

Phema:
Justwise!! Aaaaarrrggghhh!!!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:54am On Mar 29, 2015
It took 3 weeks cuz it was peek period

Bunmi2456:
Please do you know how long your famil friend visa processing took after she submitted? Thanks

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mamacajah: 11:50am On Apr 01, 2015
Hello Hotstepper, thanks so much for the information. I have been thinking of coming over for my next "missionary journey" and would be grateful if you could help with drs contact for edmonton (thats where I have family). Also if one does not have family there, are there short stay accommodations that one can rent? is the transport system like UK or US where you have to move by car or use the public transportation? these are other factors one needs to factor into the decision to come over. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by chidaroy(f): 5:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
Amen o
Phema:

Safe delivery babes. It shall be better than that of the Hebrew women.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 6:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
[quote author=Hotstepper post=31929052]
Yes. It's different from the US. Yes, you have to be on ground. One of my family friends from Nigeria just had a baby. She got the visa first and then came and all.is well. Cost depends on if it's CS or not, location, doctor, hospital and providence.

Everything should cost more than 7000 dollars even if it's CS.

Good evening everyone I have been stalking this topic to see if the questions I have will be asked but since no one has asked let me ask.@hotstepper did you give your family friend letter of invitation? Could you pls ask ur family friend about the document she submitted for tourist visa. Thanks soo much in advance.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by dudet(f): 10:04am On Apr 20, 2015
Hello peeps, new on this thread, i've read up on all of the posts though, but i have a few questions....(please pardon me if it appears that i'm asking questions that have already being answered)

So, i'm five months pregnant, awaiting a response from the US embassy on my application (renewal). My sister lives in Canada (Hamilton, Ontario) and i want to go put to bed at the hospital there. I've already been in touch with the dr. and he's asked that i bring all of my medical information when coming in.

However, how soon after having the baby would i be able to come back to Nigeria (in terms of getting the baby's passport and all)? I have two kids already and can't afford to leave them for too long or take them along (as they are fairly older and need to be in school).

Also, for my Canadian visa application, is there somewhere i can indicate i'm pregnant or would I be asked at the point of entry?

Thanks all.....kindly respond.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.