Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,847 members, 7,802,707 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Muslim Sisters Circle - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Sisters Circle (20314 Views)

Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do / Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka de Sallah! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
Salam alaikum uktys,
I decided to create a thread for the Muslim sisters on NL, following tbaba's advice, this will be a no holds barred thread for the Muslim sisters.

We will discuss life, love, family, religion, career, and everything that concerns us, reminding ourselves about the religion, and helping each other grow

Please this is a no judgement thread, we should be sincere and honest and not judge each other.

7 Likes

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by deols(f): 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
wa alaykum salam.

This is a good thread. Let us get it going.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 2:39pm On Jul 04, 2013
Salam sis
For the fashion conscious hijab/veil wearing sisters, "hijabchic" sisters, how do you combine the both, following the hijab rules and still look chic.
I know our imam level is different and some of us struggle with it and we should try and encourage each other, some of us transition fast, some of us struggle with it.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by gmumeen: 2:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
Salam my sisters in Islam..
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2013
gmumeen: Salam my sisters in Islam..
Salam to you too.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by deols(f): 7:16pm On Jul 04, 2013
gmumeen: Salam my sisters in Islam..

are you female? Your name doesnt sound it.

wa alaykum salam.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by deols(f): 7:40pm On Jul 04, 2013
Sissie: Salam sis
For the fashion conscious hijab/veil wearing sisters, "hijabchic" sisters, how do you combine the both, following the hijab rules and still look chic.
I know our imam level is different and some of us struggle with it and we should try and encourage each other, some of us transition fast, some of us struggle with it.

Actually, the issue is one that I don't like to talk about because I am not PERFECT at it. I painstakingly take care of my looks but I don't go extreme at being chic.

So, I am just going to speak about how I think everyone's hijab should look like. We should all work towards perfection.

*A hijab is an outer garment that covers all of our adornment.

*It is free i.e not tight fitted

*The prophet described the addition of an arm length after reaching the ankles

*Aisha's(r.a) was described as what makes her appear like a penguin
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStjxiBD5KTuFnQ-ZuduUSaBR5-p4hrtHK_2IabW3ajLdAB-cJ7z8wbpjsH[/img]
with the picture you can understand why some that you see are like the above picture.

*but then, a description of how it should be sown, I haven't seen or heard of. That makes me believe that the goal is of my point one.

Everyone should strive to achieve the best. May Allah help us.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by sweettweet: 10:27am On Jul 05, 2013
SAW,
Welldone sissie for creating this thread, and for mac and tbaba, I know u have the interest of the sisters at heart. May Allah reward our deeds and accept them as acts of ibadah, ameen.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by deols(f): 11:39am On Jul 05, 2013
sweettweet: SAW,
Welldone sissie for creating this thread, and for mac and tbaba, I know u have the interest of the sisters at heart. May Allah reward our deeds and accept them as acts of ibadah, ameen.

wa alaykum salam.

What do you think of the hijab issue raised?
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by bntY: 2:17pm On Jul 05, 2013
thumbs up sissie..
Wow! This is d first time i am hearing abt d penguin hadith frm Aisha(R.A).If it is true,then it lends credence to d khimar sewn in naija now.the 'salafi' style if i cld call it that. It is d closest lookin to those pic above.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by sweettweet: 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2013
deols:

wa alaykum salam.

What do you think of the hijab issue raised?
In as much as sisters need to look chic, I think we should not undermine the commandment of Allah regarding hijab. We should try not to compromise, though difficult. I get comments at work on how they see muslim sisters that use "chic" hijabs and they feel mine's too big, but the bottomline is I am doin it to please Allah so nothing else matters.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2013
Thanks to you all too.
About the hijab issue raised, the point is about helping ourselves improve, without necessarily sound like we are "preaching" but reminding ourselves, I want a thread whereby even the none hijab wearing sisters, can share their views and we can advise each other, I.e how do you tell someone struggling to dress like a "penguin" LOL.
Most of us know Islam's rules about hijab but still don't follow it.
Where are the sisters!!!!!!
We are one ummah!!!!
@sweettweet do you know chic hijab sisters and what do you tell them?
Please share your views.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 6:32pm On Jul 05, 2013
sweettweet:
In as much as sisters need to look chic, I think we should not undermine the commandment of Allah regarding hijab. We should try not to compromise, though difficult. I get comments at work on how they see muslim sisters that use "chic" hijabs and they feel mine's too big, but the bottomline is I am doin it to please Allah so nothing else matters.
Masha Allah, may Allah strengthen your iman
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by gmumeen: 7:06pm On Jul 06, 2013
deols:

are you female? Your name doesnt sound it.

wa alaykum salam.
,inshaAllah,i am,is dat my real name?nd aw dos fmale name sound?
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by deols(f): 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2013
gmumeen: ,inshaAllah,i am,is dat my real name?nd aw dos fmale name sound?

I only needed to clarify that you are.

no qualms.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by k4kenny(f): 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2013
Salam alaykum sisters. smiley
Wonderful thread. On the issue of hijab, I believe what's worth doing at all is worth doinf well. The funky hijabs I see these days are a no no. Imagine someone wearing a transparent hijab, barely passing her shoulders, then wears a fitted top and tight jeans shocked ? I see a lot of these in lagos. Even in the North, the hausa girls use their Hijab more as a fashion statement. I'm not judging o, but I feel the Hijab should be used in obedience to Allah and not an accessory.

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by k4kenny(f): 11:39am On Jul 07, 2013
She didn't mean dress to look like a penguin, but the dressing should be inspired by d penguin look ie the parts of the penguin covered should also be covered (neck downwards)
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by missbola1(f): 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
Salaam alaykum sisters. I pray that Allah make islam easy for us, amin.

I want it ask something sensitive, i've discuss this with some b4 but haven't got clear answer.
is 'french kiss' ok in islam with husband?
can wife sleep on thier chest facing down while husband do it from back, putting his thing in the right place (VI....)?

i hope u understand, hope to hear back soo.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by k4kenny(f): 5:33pm On Jul 09, 2013
Wa alaykum salam.

Well, I don't know Islam's position on french kissing but encourages displays of affection between couples even during Ramadan, as long as there's no exchange of body fluids.

On th other question, there's a part in Surah 2, that says a man can have vag.inal sex with his wife from any position as long as he isn't penetrating the anus. So there you go grin

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2013
k4kenny: Salam alaykum sisters. smiley
Wonderful thread. On the issue of hijab, I believe what's worth doing at all is worth doinf well. The funky hijabs I see these days are a no no. Imagine someone wearing a transparent hijab, barely passing her shoulders, then wears a fitted top and tight jeans shocked ? I see a lot of these in lagos. Even in the North, the hausa girls use their Hijab more as a fashion statement. I'm not judging o, but I feel the Hijab should be used in obedience to Allah and not an accessory.
Salam sister,
That's a general statement which isn't true, some Hausa girls use it as a fashion statement, some southerners are guilty.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by missbola1(f): 11:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
salam sister and thank u. now i am satisfied with the answer.
k4kenny: Wa alaykum salam.

Well, I don't know Islam's position on french kissing but encourages displays of affection between couples even during Ramadan, as long as there's no exchange of body fluids.

On th other question, there's a part in Surah 2, that says a man can have vag.inal sex with his wife from any position as long as he isn't penetrating the anus. So there you go grin
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 10, 2013
Aslmn alykm.Ramadan kareem.As regards,chick sisters using hijab,One can look chick,beautiful and islamic grin.

The hijab should at least cover the bosom[for starters].
If the hijab is not longer than the bosom part,then try to wear a long sleeved top and free skirt.
If you can try to allow the hijab cover the buttocks,then wear any top with a long skirt[flaired,A-shaped,etc]
When wearing leggings,jean,or any fitted trouser,then wear abayyah on it,you can use a short hijab that covers the bossom.
For people that work in places with dress code e.g bank, wear trousers and long sleeved shirts,trouser suits with hijab that covers the bosom instead of short skirt.You can wear abayyah on it and remove it when you get to work.

May Allah ease our affairs
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by feana(f): 7:23pm On Jul 10, 2013
k4kenny: Salam alaykum sisters. smiley
Wa alaikum assalam.wallahi I agree 100% anything that's worth doing is worth doing well especially if it's related to one's religion.I personally know that it's not easy but we should strive to wear it properly and ask Allah to help us
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by k4kenny(f): 9:06am On Jul 11, 2013
Salam alaykum sis. Ramadan Kareem to yall cheesy
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 10:45am On Jul 11, 2013
ramadan kareem to you all.
Alhamdulillah for your responses.
but please i noticed a trend, the hijab question was about how you dress, your challenges and how you've been able to improve.
the aim isn't necessarily preaching or dawaah, but reminding ourselves.
i noticed we muslims (general statement) just talk generally and talk bout how other people are doing or not doing certain things. but we need to talk about ourselves. if we don't tell ourselves our problem, how do we then improve and advice ourselves. or if we talk about others mistakes, how then do they open up to us.
the reason am saying this is i.e i talk bout hijab with non hijab wearing sisters and most of the time the response i get is about how the hijab wearing sisters are not encouraging at all but judgmental instead.
Hijab is something i have personal struggles with, and Alhamdulillah i have been able to improve and obey some rules of hijab.
may ALLAH(SWT) make it easier and make us better muslims

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 10:53am On Jul 11, 2013
salam sisters
how do you find time to do ibadah during ramadan, being a worker/student, mother and doing the cooking for iftar and sahur, how do you juggle going for tarawih, reading the quran and doing tahajud.
i think the men finds it easier than us.
personally, i go to work, immediately i get home, i head to the kitchen to cook, break my fast, pray, read the Quran but praying tarawih is a struggle and waking up for tahajud is another.
am sure its tougher for married women, who work and have little children and demanding husbands.
i know its just the beginning and i will adjust to the situation but then how do we still do it.
we women multitask alot.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by dominique(f): 12:32pm On Jul 11, 2013
Salam sisters, Ramadan Kareem.
I'm hoping to use this Ramadan to re-ignite my Imaan and be more commited in my worship of Allah. Can't even remember the last time i woke up at nigjt to observe tahajud embarassed cry. Like a sister said earlier, its not easy to juggle the Ramadan responsibilities with everyday life as a woman. As a studying mother with two small children, Its so much harder for me. I've been constantly talking to Allah about the situation of my Faith and I believe he will increase it this Holy Month (Masha Allah).
I pray Allah ease our affairs and accept our iba'adah this Ramadan. Ma Salam
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 12:42pm On Jul 11, 2013
dominique: Salam sisters, Ramadan Kareem.
I'm hoping to use this Ramadan to re-ignite my Imaan and be more commited in my worship of Allah. Can't even remember the last time i woke up at nigjt to observe tahajud embarassed cry. Like a sister said earlier, its not easy to juggle the Ramadan responsibilities with everyday life as a woman. As a studying mother with two small children, Its so much harder for me. I've been constantly talking to Allah about the situation of my Faith and I believe he will increase it this Holy Month (Masha Allah).
I pray Allah ease our affairs and accept our iba'adah this Ramadan. Ma Salam
salam.
ramadan is a the perfect time to start, may Allah (SWT) make it easier for you (us). masha Allah.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by luqken: 11:04pm On Jul 11, 2013
salam alaykum ma'ams. so sorry for intruding, just cant resist it.
as a brother,father,husband and son to u all, i appreciate ds thread and ur discussions. may Allah reward u all esp dose multitaskng in ds holy month.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by missbola1(f): 11:14am On Jul 15, 2013
you r exactly in my shoe except my husband is not demanding but i have 3 kids (age 4-cool to cater for, 3 bedroom house with 2 stairs, garade and garden to keep clean always.ironing, cooking, cleaning and many more. I find it hard waking up at night for tahjud and I pray ALLAH have mecry on us.
Sissie: salam sisters
how do you find time to do ibadah during ramadan, being a worker/student, mother and doing the cooking for iftar and sahur, how do you juggle going for tarawih, reading the quran and doing tahajud.
i think the men finds it easier than us.
personally, i go to work, immediately i get home, i head to the kitchen to cook, break my fast, pray, read the Quran but praying tarawih is a struggle and waking up for tahajud is another.
am sure its tougher for married women, who work and have little children and demanding husbands.
i know its just the beginning and i will adjust to the situation but then how do we still do it.
we women multitask alot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

If A Husband Refuses To Spend On His Wife, Is It Right To Sexually Refuse Him? / Edoardo Agnelli: Son of Billionaire Italian Killed For Embracing Islam / Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.