Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,254 members, 7,780,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:12 PM

Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant (37908 Views)

What Are These Pregnant Women Doing In NYSC Camp(pic) / Pastor Tunde Bakare's son & NYSC commandant trade slaps in NYSC Ondo camp / List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by ooua: 5:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
Just listen to yourself. A young person like you is reasoning like this, i feel for you and your society. If Nigerian youth reason the way you do then I wonder how this country will look like in the next 20 yrs. That officer has no right whatsoever to put that young woman in that condition. I trust the press wait you will see the outcome and you will eat your words.
alyarmouk: A captain of the NIGERIAN ARMY directed that all shld go inside and you were still explaining.......... he even pushed you and you had the guts to ask the captain if he cld push his sister like that walahi u get luck na only spine you damage..
shows how rude you are.
B.C.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by blaise26abj(m): 5:04pm On Jul 04, 2013
iheneme: You conveniently left out the fact that before she was pushed the Camp Commandant had ordered everyone in but she was still there explaining. She got pushed, still she was questioning the soldier's authority. You speak of human rights, doesn't the Camp Commanded have the right to be respected/obeyed?

You really need therapy.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
chineil: Na wa oh
The camp commandant needs to be punished.
I just pity the lady
Punished ke?! It think he should be dismissed and imprisoned. Chikena
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Neaman(m): 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
One day..one story.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by brownlord: 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
SimonAndal: I might not know how the NYSC operates, but don't corpers leave the camp after 1 month? Dafuq was she doing dancing in camp after 4 MONTHS?

Come u dey crase? Dint u read the article or them fence ur eye, she passed and and may be their cds was invited to teach the corp members in orientation camp dacing, wetin too big for ur brain there?
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by iheneme(m): 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
blaise26.abj:

You really need therapy.
Before my therapy comes, may you encounter a soldier!!

2 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nadoson: 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2013
SimonAndal: I might not know how the NYSC operates, but don't corpers leave the camp after 1 month? Dafuq was she doing dancing in camp after 4 MONTHS?
U dint get her. Orientn camp operats only 3 weeks b4 postin 2 PPA where u'l serve 4 eleven months. (I quote her) that 4 months after orientn camp then she was posted 2 her PPA, so at d arival of d newly batch corp membs, d camp cordinator invits d pasd Batch 4rm dia various PPA 2 teach d newly once how 2 dance cos dey were also thught by d Batch B4 dem.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by seunlayi(m): 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2013
touch_me_hard: Seriously, na wa oh.
I suggest that that Commandant should be severely disciplined, if not relieved of his duty sef.
Then the NYSC/ Federal Government must see to that girl's treatment. She must not be left to be crippled for life. They should please fly her abroad for proper treatment.
Then, ladies, learn how to bridle their tongues. You don't challenge a man to the extent of hurting their ego, or else, they would do anything just to salvage their ego.
hmmmm, very pathetic
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Stegomiah: 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2013
pDude: Please someone should summarize the story. I can't read all that shyt angry angry

Lazy bone smiley

2 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Orikinla(m): 5:11pm On Jul 04, 2013
PLEASE, LET HER SUE FOR DAMAGES AND THE HUMAN RIGHTS LAWYERS SHOULD TAKE UP THIS CASE.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by bfmconcepts: 5:11pm On Jul 04, 2013
As much as I will seriously condemn the action of the military personnel, which is likely borne out of provocation
we should not ignore the rude attitude of the girl.
How dare you tell an army captain that 'can you push you sister like that?' it's rude. very rude
This is just a lesson that no matter how beautiful or powerful you are, swallow your pride when you see a stronger power.
I pray for her healing and relocation of whatever has been dislocated in her body in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by mekano1980: 5:17pm On Jul 04, 2013
Honestly that Vampire should be purnished like a terrorist,he's using a woman to learn how to fight shame on that camp commandant
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by IdomaLikita: 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2013
alyarmouk: A captain of the NIGERIAN ARMY directed that all shld go inside and you were still explaining.......... he even pushed you and you had the guts to ask the captain if he cld push his sister like that walahi u get luck na only spine you damage..
shows how rude you are.
B.C.

And a Captain of the NIGERIAN ARMY should be DISCIPLINED enough to show RESTRAINT in dealing with a CIVILIAN, most especially, WOMEN.
When did d Crime for Insubordination become Paralysis?

This Case MUST be pursued to a Logical Conclusion...Period!

4 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by CrazyMan(m): 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2013
bfmconcepts: As much as I will seriously condemn the action of the military personnel, which is likely borne out of provocation
we should not ignore the rude attitude of the girl.
How dare you tell an army captain that 'can you push you sister like that?' it's rude. very rude
This is just a lesson that no matter how beautiful or powerful you are, swallow your pride when you see a stronger power.
I pray for her healing and relocation of whatever has been dislocated in her joints in Jesus name.
Well said...most girls’ mouths are faster than their brains; and in most cases they end up paying for their stupidity.

See her lying helpless on her sick bed; crying for justice that she would never get.
Do you think the officer would be jailed, I bet he's a free man going about his usual duties in camp. So tell me, who's the fool?
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by bonna4u(m): 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2013
First of all the commandant shouldn't have injured the girl no matter what. He should face court martial.
From what see from the story, Ifedayo was using more than one mattress to sleep while there was scarcity. That was why she didn't say anything during the mayhem.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by DisGuy: 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2013
iheneme: You conveniently left out the fact that before she was pushed the Camp Commandant had ordered everyone in but she was still there explaining. She got pushed once, still she was questioning the soldier's authority. You speak of human rights, doesn't the Camp Commanded have the right to be respected/obeyed?

SHE WAS EXPLAING TO ANOTHER uniformed person according to the story!
right to be respected? huh
does that include physical punishment? whatever happen to communication
all their training is in basic animal cruelty?
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Shugamania(f): 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2013
The way some Nigerians respond to issues on nairaland makes me wonder if there really is any hope for us at all.
So she deserves whatever predicament she's in because she was bold enough to speak up for herself in d face of humiliation when she didnt do anything wrong. Did y'all miss the part where she stated she was invited to camp to instruct d new dance troops Being a batch C corper, She wasnt even undergoing orientation.
For those of u condemning her for supposedly being rude, would u still hold d same position if the girl in question was ur sister or girlfriend??
Oh.. ur sis/girlfriend wouldnt dare speak up even if she was molested by d CC.
I've been to camp and i know what happens there... a girl with a chronic illness had a seizure while serving punishment and d CC in my camp told d red cross staff to bring her back to continue her punishment once she was stabilised. That's just one out of countless stories.
I dont know the whole story sorrounding this case but i believe nothing she did can justify what was done to her or what she's going through right now.

This is why lawlessness will continue to thrive. God help this country.

6 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Shugamania(f): 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2013
angry
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2013
Wetin her colleague dey look? Dem purpose ransack the commandant
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by IdomaLikita: 5:24pm On Jul 04, 2013
CrazyMan: When your camp commandant tells you to go inside, you do…why should you argue with a military captain?

It was very foolish of her to talk back at him in the presence of his subordinates

What did she hope to achieve by doing this?

Soldiers are naturally proud, and if you try to insult them publicly, they would deal mercilessly with you.

Ever Heard of the Word "Chivalry"?
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
angry angry angry
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by shegzee43: 5:27pm On Jul 04, 2013
shows how rude you are.
B.C.

Fool!!! you are one those senseless idiots that don't know their rights. Nobody, not even a general has the right to lay hands on anybody in a civilised democracy. He should have metted punishment but not to brutalise her. He will never get away with this. The Nigerian Army does not tolerate such indicipline

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by bonna4u(m): 5:27pm On Jul 04, 2013
The main cause of this problem was the selfish act of girls. If they girl(Ifedayo) had quietly surrendered the extra mattress she was sleeping on this could't happened. Why want to sleep on 2 mattresses while others don't have anything to sleep on.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by sleekysol(m): 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
@alyarmouk am sorry to say but whoever u r u must be a beast of no gender. is nysc camp a war zone that u would take away someone's fundamental human right? the soldiers were put in the camp to regulate and protect not to beat any corp member. they are not even allowed to use physical torture except a case of crminal activity was detected. so whatever planet u r living in head back because if were that girls's father the comandant must face jail terms and nysc/nigerian army would be sued for milloins of naira
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Expensiveman: 5:35pm On Jul 04, 2013
if there is action against the commandant by the army or NYSC corps should refuse posting because it can happen to any corp. GJN WE are expecting ur action
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Ninapha(f): 5:36pm On Jul 04, 2013
what are you saying? Did you not read, her batch dance troop were invited to teach the present batch? Comprehension still aloof.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 04, 2013
bonna4u: The main cause of this problem was the selfish act of girls. If they girl(Ifedayo) had quietly surrendered the extra mattress she was sleeping on this could't happened. Why want to sleep on 2 mattresses while others don't have anything to sleep on.

So permanent incapacitation is your solution / punishment for selfishness....you must be a sharia magistrate!!!

BTW this NYSC programme is long overdue for a total reappraisal for once in its 40-year history and if that amounts to asking for too much, it should be promptly scrapped
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Shugamania(f): 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2013
sleekysol: @alyarmouk am sorry to say but whoever u r u must be a beast of no gender. is nysc camp a war zone that u would take away someone's fundamental human right? the soldiers were put in the camp to regulate and protect not to beat any corp member. they are not even allowed to use physical torture except a case of crminal activity was detected. so whatever planet u r living in head back because if were that girls's father the comandant must face jail terms and nysc/nigerian army would be sued for milloins of naira

U dey mind them?

So she no get fundamental right again because she be corp member, he's free to do with her as he please. Nansense angry
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Shugamania(f): 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
bonna4u: The main cause of this problem was the selfish act of girls.

undecided
Smh..
Sad, very sad. sad
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Odunharry(m): 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
make dm cut d commandant 1 leg jo.,.d man tink say na nda?
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by abusumaya: 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2013
nigerians and the fear of soldiers..hmm...he that fears God fears no man...i salute her courage,despite she is bedridden.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anambra Corper, Jenyo Ojo, Dies A Month To Passing Out - Pictures / NYSC-UPDATE:for Those Who Miss The Nationwide Headcount(photo) / Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.