Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,690 members, 7,805,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

How Possible Is DNA Test For Someone Who Have Died? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Possible Is DNA Test For Someone Who Have Died? (12718 Views)

How Much Is DNA And Where Is D Best Place To Do D Test / Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ? / Dna Test In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Possible Is DNA Test For Someone Who Have Died? by kasheemawo(m): 2:48pm On Jul 04, 2013
My fellow nairalanders pls i need your advise on this issue.i just discovered that brother of mine who died in April this year had a child outside wedlock.pls how do we go about DNA test
Re: How Possible Is DNA Test For Someone Who Have Died? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
kasheemawo: My fellow nairalanders pls i need your advise on this issue.i just discovered that brother of mine who died in April this year had a child outside wedlock.pls how do we go about DNA test
it is possilble. pathcare lab and dna lynn lab can do it. they are in lagos. contact them.

www.labgenetics.com.es/en/faqs_paternity_test.htm

Is it possible to do a paternity test
if the alleged father is dead?
Yes. In this case, in order to establish
the paternity several methodological
approaches can be used:
It is possible to do a post-mortem
paternity test using samples
obtained in autopsy, or through
skeletal remains of the alleged
father. In the latter case,
LabGenetics recommends
analyzing teeth (molars) or long
and compact bones (femur)
It is also possible to establish
paternity through biological
remains of the alleged father
obtained from his familiar
environment (toothbrush, hairs
with root, clothes, cigarette butt,
envelopes, stamps, etc.) or from
hospital environments (biopsy,
sperm or blood donations, etc.)
Finally, LabGenetics is prepared to
do an indirect paternity test, in
which it is necessary to rebuild the
genetic profile of the alleged
father from biological relatives of
the deceased father (parents,
brothers, etc.) In this kind of
indirect test a correct statistical
valuation of the test is
fundamental and only a few
laboratories are trained to do this
Re: How Possible Is DNA Test For Someone Who Have Died? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 04, 2013
DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) is found in all the cells of our body, it is our blueprint and DNA molecules are passed down through generations within a family.

DNA paternity testing determines whether a man could be the biological father of a child. We all inherit our DNA (the genetic material) from our biological parents. A DNA paternity test compares a child’s DNA pattern with that of the alleged father to check for evidence of this inheritance—the most definitive proof of a biological relationship.
However, if the alleged father is deceased or unavailable(I believe the guy has been buried, if not his DNA can still be obtained from his dead body), it is possible to obtain DNA from known relatives of the alleged father in a paternity case.

A grandparentage test is used to determine whether a grandmother or grandfather is the true biological grandparent of a child. A grandparentage test is usually used when the parent of the child is not available for testing.
In situations where the alleged father is unavailable for testing (e.g. alleged father is deceased or unwilling to participate), the alleged father's parents can be tested to determine whether they are the true biological grandparents of the child. When conducting a grandparentage test, it is recommended to test both grandparents (the grandmother and the grandfather) in order to obtain the most conclusive results. If this is not possible, a grandparentage test can be conducted by testing only one grandparent.

when both grandparents are available for testing, there is a higher chance that you will receive informative results. When both of the alleged father's parents are available for testing, the laboratory will examine the genetic profile of both grandparents and then use the genetic information of the grandparents to reconstruct the genetic information of the missing alleged father. Once the alleged father's genetic information is reconstructed, a paternity analysis will be conducted by comparing the reconstructed genetic information for the missing alleged father against the genetic information of the child.

This test may detect when the grandparents are not the true biological grandparents of the child and has a high probability of providing informative results, even when the alleged father is not available for testing. If the child's mother can be tested, this will also increase the power of the grandparentage test. By testing the mother, the laboratory will be able to determine which half of the child's DNA came from the mother and thus focus the comparison of the remaining DNA from the alleged father to the DNA of the grandparents. As a result, the test becomes more discriminating. We would recommend that you first proceed by testing just the two grandparents because there is a chance that you will be able to receive conclusive results even without the mother. You can then bring the mother into the test later in the event that the grandparentage test is not powerful enough.

Yes my dear, it is possible to carry out a DNA test on the child, buh it's gonna be more expensive.
Re: How Possible Is DNA Test For Someone Who Have Died? by dominique(f): 10:10pm On Jul 04, 2013
I don't think its necessary to exume the corpse for the testing. you can test him with the DNA of a very close family member (sibbling or parent). You will not get a 99.9% match, but the results you'll get will be sufficient enough to conclude if the child is a member of your family or not.
Re: How Possible Is DNA Test For Someone Who Have Died? by kasheemawo(m): 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2013
Thank you all,am very greatful.
Re: How Possible Is DNA Test For Someone Who Have Died? by lyfe(m): 12:40pm On Jul 05, 2013
The problem will be obtaining sample from the dead. Nonetheless, sample from a family member should suffice.

(1) (Reply)

Johesu’s Claims Against Doctors In Nigeria; A Case Of Historic Amnesia / Health Benefits Of Agbo Jedi Jedi Ingredients And Recipes / How Can A Woman Maintain Flat Tummy After Giving Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.