Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) - Family (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) (133109 Views)

My Elder Sister Is Feeling Suicidal / Are you feeling angry right now? Let-off steam here! / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by zeb04(f): 12:35am On Jan 01, 2015
Happy new year everyone.
Those who thought about ending their life,some even tried but failed but God allowed you to see 2015.

If your life was so worthless,he'd even take it away without your permission but because he could see how amazingly beautiful your 2015 would be he had to keep you alive .better things are coming your way just hold on a litle longer. God bless you.

6 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 05, 2015
This is such a wonderful thread.Many have come a long from suicide.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 06, 2015
Do we really have any right to stop others from ending their lives, if they want to?
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by ladyconfessor: 2:22pm On Jan 06, 2015
facing some life challenges now
I've been withdrawn from school
Bf jilted me
Elder sis hubby making it a must to join his church
Don't even know where to start from.

2014 wasn't that rosy for me cry... Pls i need some words of encouragement.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
ladyconfessor:
facing some life challenges now
I've been withdrawn from school
Bf jilted me
Elder sis hubby making it a must to join his church
Don't even know where to start from.

2014 wasn't that rosy for me cry... Pls i need some words of encouragement.
Dearie..sm1 shared this post and i got to see ur write-up..
I think u re going through sm tough times but hun,we av people who av far more daring issues than urs and re tryn to fyt and struggle thru even if the thought of ending it all comes to mind..I av issues jxt like every1else who myt also be goin thru alot but tryn to find a way out..abt u leaving sch,it isnt d end of d world sweedie,we av people who re billionaires even without going close to any school..am not advising on u not goin but am saying,ur world doesnt totally revolve around school..u can make it really big and even attend d best of schools with time..

Bf jilting u..Trust me,i was jilted by my 1st love and i felt d pain for 4 good years..i saw nothing good in d world anymore but smhw,i found sm1 who made me see that my Ex was even a burden..hun,u gona find a better man dat wuld make u see ur ex as sm1 u even managed to date..pls dnt let d guy win cos u cnt get over him and feeling depressed over his issue..

And abt ur sis husband bothering u abt church issues ,i think u av every right to choose ir mode of worship and how\where u wana worship.. but in dis case,i want to blive u stay with them,so jxt close ur eyes and go with them..maybe after smtime,u can av ur own independence and choose how u wana lead ur religious life..Take it easy sweethrt,Its gona get better,ok smiley..
Be good and dnt feel bad anymore or am gona come scare u tonyt..lol

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by ladyconfessor: 11:34am On Jan 07, 2015
SuperMartins:
Dearie..sm1 shared this post and i got to see ur write-up..
I think u re going through sm tough times but hun,we av people who av far more daring issues than urs and re tryn to fyt and struggle thru even if the thought of ending it all comes to mind..I av issues jxt like every1else who myt also be goin thru alot but tryn to find a way out..abt u leaving sch,it isnt d end of d world sweedie,we av people who re billionaires even wothout going close to any school..am not advising on u not goin but am saying,ur world doesnt totally revolve around school..u can make it really big and even attend d best of schools with time..

Bf jilting u..Trust me,i was jilted by my 1st love and i felt d pain for 4 good years..i saw nothing good in d world anymore but smhw,i found sm1 who made me see that my Ex was even a burden..hun,u gona find a better man dat wuld make u see ur ex as sm1 u even managed to date..pls dnt let d guy win cos u cnt get over him and feeling depressed over his issue..

And abt ur sis husband bothering u abt church issues ,i think u av every right to choose ir mode of worship and how\where u wana worship.. but in dis case,i want to blive u stay with them,so jxt close ur eyes and go with them..maybe after smtime,u can av ur own independence and choose how i wan lead ir religiois life..Take it easy sweethrt,Its gona get better,ok smiley..
Be good and dnt feel bad anymore or am gona come scare u tonyt..lol
Thanks alot.. You really made my day.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by bellong: 12:48pm On Jan 07, 2015
ladyconfessor:

Why were you withdrawn from school?

How old are you?

Which church are you currently attending and which church are you being forced to attend?

Do you live with your sister?
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by ladyconfessor: 1:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
bellong:

Why were you withdrawn from school?

How old are you?

Which church are you currently attending and which church are you being forced to attend?

Do you live with your sister?
Was withdrawn cos i couldn't meet the cut off mark, I'm 24, I attend RCCG, My sis attends Church Of Christ, yes i live with my sis.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by bellong: 1:38pm On Jan 07, 2015
ladyconfessor:
Was withdrawn cos i couldn't meet the cut off mark, I'm 24, I attend RCCG, My sis attends Church Of Christ, yes i live with my sis.

If your course of study is either medicine or pharmacy, I believe you can still be allowed to transfer to other department. However, you will have to take the bull by the horn, dust yourself and take it as one of the challenges of life one must encounter to get to the promised land. Buy another JAMB form, sit for the exam again and be prepared to best your previous performances. Be determined not to be withdrawn again from school by getting good grades in all your courses. IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO START AGAIN.

You should also strife to get admitted in the course you really want because alternatives sometimes discourage one from being serious with school since it is not what you want. Nevertheless, whatever you get, be filled with positives to get something good out of it.

Forget about the boyfriend that jilted you. There are millions of guys out there better than him. Probably he was one of the reasons for your withdrawal from school as you couldn't concentrate on your studies. Meanwhile, I think your energy this time should be directed at getting back to school and not about guys. You will have enough time for guys. You need to lay a good foundation for your tomorrow by being educated. Free your mind about looking for boyfriend. A good guy will find you out when the time is ripe. Nobody is interested in associating with failure, chase excellence and successful guys will follow bumper to bumper cheesy

Since you are still being fed by your sister and her husband, it is wise that you should be following her to their church for the time being. A time will come when you will have liberty and freedom to choose where you want to worship.

Keep only good friends who can help and support you out of the academic issues you have. It is well with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by ladyconfessor: 1:43pm On Jan 07, 2015
bellong:

If your course of study is either medicine or pharmacy, I believe you can still be allowed to transfer to other department. However, you will have to take the bull by the horn, dust yourself and take it as one of the challenges of life one must encounter to get to the promised land. Buy another JAMB form, sit for the exam again and be prepared to best your previous performances. Be determined not to be withdrawn again from school by getting good grades in all your courses. IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO START AGAIN.

You should also strife to get admitted in the course you really want because alternatives sometimes discourage one from being serious with school since it is not what you want. Nevertheless, whatever you get, be filled with positives to get something good out of it.

Forget about the boyfriend that jilted you. There are millions of guys out there better than him. Probably he was one of the reasons for your withdrawal from school as you couldn't concentrate on your studies. Meanwhile, I think your energy this time should be directed at getting back to school and not about guys. You will have enough time for guys. You need to lay a good foundation for your tomorrow by being educated. Free your mind about looking for boyfriend. A good guy will find you out when the time is ripe. Nobody is interested in associating with failure, chase excellence and successful guys will follow bumper to bumper cheesy

Since you are still being fed by your sister and her husband, it is wise that you should be following her to their church for the time being. A time will come when you will have liberty and freedom to choose where you want to worship.

Keep only good friends who can help and support you out of the academic issues you have. It is well with you.
Thanks Sir God Bless You... was actually running a PT Program... Thinking of rewriting Jamb angry
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 07, 2015
ladyconfessor:
Wlcm dear..Sorry abt my errors..didnt go over d post b4 posting.. smiley
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by bellong: 7:25pm On Jan 08, 2015
ladyconfessor:
Thanks Sir God Bless You... was actually running a PT Program... Thinking of rewriting Jamb angry

Rewrite it, you will be happy with yourself later.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 09, 2015
Maybe I'm not the bravest at heart. On several occasions, I've tried to take my own life, on several occasions I've lacked the courage. I might be depressed but I make sure no one, not even my brother, knows of it. I try real time to look happy though I was BornSad.

When people attempt suicide, I look at them as crazy. I find other people's problems so minute and so find it hard to understand why someone who doesn't have my kind of issue should consider suicide.

Mine is different. It's not the kind you even discuss with people cause no one, no single person, understands. It's the type that kills you gradually even before you summon the courage to kill yourself. Others think I have it all but I know I'm doomed.

I've not killed myself but I don't know how long I can hold on.

BornSad.

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by bellong: 6:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
^^^ First step to getting solution is talking.

Do you care to talk about it?

3 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
bellong:

^^^ First step to getting solution is talking.

Do you care to talk about it?

This is a public forum. No one can see me nor touch me so I try to pour it out just the way it comes from my wounded heart. I try to say it all but I get hooked cause I fear rejection. See, I'm like the Chinese white frog, I've come to learn I don't belong. I'm not acceptable; not at home, not in school, not in the church, not at work and definitely not on Nairaland. They see me, they think I'm happy, they call me super smart, the think I'm a high achever and they say, "may my children be like you". Such a curse upon their children. Not their fault, they don't know I am born sad. They don't know I would sacrifice anything, everything just to belong. Just to be acceptable. Just to have real friends. Yeah, I too want to have friends that will call me names, annoy me sometimes and make me smile at other times so that I will have my own story like every other guy out there. But even on Nairaland, no one follows a fugitive. Have you ever considered the feeling of being alone in whole world with no other human around? Scary? Welcome to my world.

I wish I were poor, ugly, dull, anything just to belong! Everyday worse than the previous. And yet peeps here say to me, "change, give your life to Christ". No one, no single person understands and that is more saddening than the condition itself. Even the blind and crippled are better off, people accept and understand them. I'm not depressed, no. But I'm not far from it.

Jesus loves me, right? They say he doesn't but somehow, I know he does. I feel it. I communicate with him much more than they think. He's my ONLY friend.

Lol, now you're bored. Everyone is. I know I've said a lot without saying much. This is how far my courage tonight permits me to go...

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by cococandy(f): 5:30am On Jan 10, 2015
^^^^ bornsad what makes you consider yourself unacceptable? If people shower you with praises like you say they do,what is it about you that turns them off if any?
Or is the rejection coming from within you?
Is your unworthiness imaginary?
Have you done anything that makes you hate yourself and imagine you're not good enough for others even when they aren't thinking that way?

Care to share?
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by RoyalRoy(m): 7:13am On Jan 10, 2015
BornSad:

Jesus loves me, right? They say he doesn't but somehow, I know he does. I feel it. I communicate with him much more than they think. He's my ONLY friend.

You already have the one true friend.....every other friend is just an add on!!!

Keep your head up.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 10, 2015
Bornsad: Thank God you have a best friend in JESUS,he is the one true friend you can have..if you talk to him,he listens and will answer you without condemnation...
I really wished you used a monicker like bornhappy,lol...just kidding though...
I think you condemn yourself or you help people think what they should about you..even when they praise you,in your inner mind,you think the opposite...You have to accept yourself first before others can accept You...
I was once a very shy person but I overcame that by thinking highly of myself and others around me...I talk when needed,play and have fun with people and I like the ME I have become....smiley
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 10, 2015
Thanks everyone. I'm already feeling comfortable here.

When I say I don't have friends, I don't mean I don't have people that consider me as a friend or people I consider as friends. I have such people, I have my colleagues, my family etc.. but then, the question is, would they still be there for me if they knew my predicament? My mum thinks I'm the best that could ever happen to her but then, she only knows the ME I let her see, not the real me. No one knows the real me and sticks around. The few that don't flee instantly are those that'd try to preach to me. I appreciate them but even they do not understand my plight. You don't preach to a blind man to see because if he could see, he wouldn't need you to preach to him about it before seeing. But they don't understand, they think it's within the blind man's power to just open his eyes and see. If so, why would he stay blind? Who likes to be blind? The few that try to understand starts to suggest practical ways of coming out of my mess. I appreciate them but, funny enough, they don't even understand my predicament at all. They too fail to understand that no matter how wide a blind man opens his eyes, he remains blind. They think I just don't want to try. If only they knew how far I've gone in trying. Then the last set, they simply say, "accept Jesus". This is supposed to be the best advice but it seems to be the most annoying. Telling me to accept Jesus is a suggestion that I'd rejected him. But it's not their fault, it has been indoctrination into us to believe that any one in my status is a sinner or manipulated by the head of devils or simply destined to rot in hell. They don't know how much I pray to my God. Most of them are far from being Godly but since they are not in my status, they all see themselves better before God. I can't explain cause over time, I've realised no one understands.

Owk, I've not killed myself not really because I've not found any less painful way, I have. It's just that my parents would surely follow suit if I die today. I can't put them through such agony. But I'm scared of myself, really.

You're now wondering what's wrong with me. I'm hoping you'd guess without I saying it.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by drisatasarr: 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2015
We must be careful what we do on this forum. Depression and all other clinical conditions that lead to suicide thoughts, attempts etc should be left in the hands of EXPERTS who have the education, training and experience to handle such conditions. Untrained or un licensed persons should NEVER attempt to advise or intervene in this things. This can be very dangerous.

4 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by bellong: 9:27pm On Jan 10, 2015
BornSad:

You're now wondering what's wrong with me. I'm hoping you'd guess without I saying it.

Do you have an addiction you think you can't get over?
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 10, 2015
bellong:

Do you have an addiction you think you can't get over?

I hate that word, "addiction". I was born this way, believe it or not!
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by bellong: 10:51pm On Jan 10, 2015
BornSad:

I am sorry for using the word. Is there something you wish to change about yourself?
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by RoyalRoy(m): 6:09am On Jan 11, 2015
BornSad:

Hmm, I do believe your situation can't be a unique case.

Maybe you should sort out people who have same situation with you.

People who understand your orientation.
They can be of help in guiding you.

Dont ever run away from your challenges, dig your heels in and fight it!!!!
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 11, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Hmm, I do believe your situation can't be a unique case.

Maybe you should sort out people who have same situation with you.

People who understand your orientation.
They can be of help in guiding you.

Dont ever run away from your challenges, dig your heels in and fight it!!!!

I'm tired.

Of course, I know people of my orientation. Some are as disturbed as myself. Some have accepted their fate though still wish the world would one day accept them. Some really care less; such people have no peeps looking up to them. But we all have no solution so we sit back and see what each day brings.

You don't understand? Or you think I have not fought? Fighting my orientation makes me go crazy, literally speaking. It keeps me far away from my immediate environment. It makes me unproductive at work. It makes me seriously ill. Yet I fight. Is that not why I am here? Is this not part of the fight?

I'm about to die. Die fighting. I fight even when I know it's like fighting with the wind. Congenital sexual orientation burns down to DNA and no amount of fight can change that.

Owk, that's it!
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 11, 2015
bellong:

I am sorry for using the word. Is there something you wish to change about yourself?

Sorry for sounding harsh, I was not in a good mood yesterday.

Even 'change' is an inappropriate word here. No one can change his sexual orientation. I repeat, no one; not you not me.

Now, you know!
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Mynd44: 7:43am On Jan 11, 2015
BornSad:

Sorry for sounding harsh, I was not in a good mood yesterday.

Even 'change' is an inappropriate word here. No one can change his sexual orientation. I repeat, no one; not you not me.

Now, you know!
Why would you want to change your sexual orientation? And why should anyone tell you to?

3 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by zeb04(f): 7:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
BornSad:

This is a public forum. No one can see me nor touch me so I try to pour it out just the way it comes from my wounded heart. I try to say it all but I get hooked cause I fear rejection. See, I'm like the Chinese white frog, I've come to learn I don't belong. I'm not acceptable; not at home, not in school, not in the church, not at work and definitely not on Nairaland. They see me, they think I'm happy, they call me super smart, the think I'm a high achever and they say, "may my children be like you". Such a curse upon their children. Not their fault, they don't know I am born sad. They don't know I would sacrifice anything, everything just to belong. Just to be acceptable. Just to have real friends. Yeah, I too want to have friends that will call me names, annoy me sometimes and make me smile at other times so that I will have my own story like every other guy out there. But even on Nairaland, no one follows a fugitive. Have you ever considered the feeling of being alone in whole world with no other human around? Scary? Welcome to my world.

I wish I were poor, ugly, dull, anything just to belong! Everyday worse than the previous. And yet peeps here say to me, "change, give your life to Christ". No one, no single person understands and that is more saddening than the condition itself. Even the blind and crippled are better off, people accept and understand them. I'm not depressed, no. But I'm not far from it.

Lol, now you're bored. Everyone is. I know I've said a lot without saying much. This is how far my courage tonight permits me to go...
I don't mind being your friend
I will call you by your name and still call you "names".
I will annoy you a lot, These one is sure

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 11, 2015
zeb04:
I don't mind being your friend
I will call you by your name and still call you "names".
I will annoy you a lot, These one is sure

I AM GAY
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by zeb04(f): 8:18pm On Jan 11, 2015
BornSad:

I AM GAY
even better

Now I know there can't be any sexual tension betwwen us,I am all in.

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
zeb04:
even better

Now I know there can't be any sexual tension betwwen us,I am all in.

Lol... kk!

I'll follow you right away.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by maclatunji: 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
ifyalways:
Life is hard and most times not fair. Some of us need to step out from our fairytale secured wall/ world and face the REALITY!

I want to commit suicide cos my pastor dad does not support my calling bla bla. C'mon are you Fucking kidding me? shocked

One day at a time BUT please, let's be strong for ourselves. Thinking or threatening suicide at every slight disappointment or setback means you don't even deserve the Oxygen u breath. When life fvcks u up, fight it. Fight and fight till you win.

This has me smiling although I don't endorse part of the language.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (39) (Reply)

I Am Forced To Marry My Own Mother, What Do I Do? / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help / You Met Your Wife Sister Like This, What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.