Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) - Family (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) (133124 Views)

My Elder Sister Is Feeling Suicidal / Are you feeling angry right now? Let-off steam here! / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 25, 2015
smallpeepee:

grin d title of d thread got mi loling

Bro is it revolver u got?
Hey peepeee, longest time.. guess your peepee must have grown big by now wink grin..

Cheers cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by eipreel(f): 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2015
onegig:

And why would you want to put someone through the misery of shooting you?
You wanna talk about this?

However, I have a water gun here. Care for some liquid spray?

beau49:

Ewo! Is it that serious.....?
SocialRecluse:

We will fight o angry
MarvellousGod:
Hi dear,
Believe me, you're bigger than whatever you may be passing through now... Life has many awesome opportunities and one must locate you. . Keep struggling, don't throw in the towel, you're just a step away cool
you'll read your comment here someday and just laugh grin wink. .
It's well dear, you have people who care about you smiley smiley
Ferdybaba:

I just bought a new gun. Where do we meet
smallpeepee:
shocked & u r stil alive? I'm gud boss & u?
@eipreel we all gat ur bckkiss
thank you everyone cry

4 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by eipreel(f): 1:00pm On Jul 25, 2015
tolutweety:

THIS LIST and many more cares...

cc: scr.ypt
smiley
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by onegig(m): 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2015
eipreel:

thank you everyone cry
Find someone to talk to about it to. don't hold it back because people called you out as regards your claim. We all react to things differently.

I see you are a job seeker. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. Just know that

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by smallpeepee: 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Hey peepeee, longest time.. guess your peepee must have grown big by now wink grin..

Cheers cheesy
Lol still growin oo! Hvnt gotten 2 dat cucumber size yet grin
Hw u doin? & hw is oga? Joinin u guys soon, Still searchin 4 her.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by eipreel(f): 3:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
onegig:
Find someone to talk to about it to. don't hold it back because people called you out as regards your claim. We all react to things differently.

I see you are a job seeker. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. Just know that
I wish it was just about job seeking embarassed
Ferdybaba pls give me the gun I can do it myselfcry
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by onegig(m): 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
eipreel:

I wish it was just about job seeking embarassed
Ferdybaba pls give me the gun I can do it myselfcry

so what is it about?

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by fellowbeing(m): 10:18pm On Jul 25, 2015
I will kill myself on Wednesday if am not able to sort this out. I'm tired of this life even though people around believe all is well with me. I am a 23 year old undergraduate of University of Ilorin. I am a spill over student due for graduation last year. I had 2 courses for first semester and 5 courses for second semester, including project. I really tried my best this year, so that I can graduate. The trauma, depression, studying with my juniors, O God, after stressing myself reading day and night, preparing hard and settling project issues, just to discover that I failed 2 courses in second semester. I will now splash, not again. I am pressing some buttons IF the courses can be waved. I discovered that I failed the two on friday after checking my results at the level adviser's office. How will I inform my parents? I don't have a choice than to just end this if nothing can be done before Wednesday evening.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by bellong: 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2015
@Fellowbeing,

Your challenge is what some are praying to have. You don't have a problem.

Write the exam and move on. You are not the first to have double extra session and neither will you be last. It doesn't mean you are a failure, it only means you should do more than you are presently doing to ace the exam.

Don't kill yourself. It ain't worth it.

4 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by onegig(m): 12:33am On Jul 26, 2015
In addition to what bellong said. Fellowbeing...You are very funny. I couldn't help but laugh at your ultimatums. It is painful but truth is You should use that to your advantage.

I am talking personally now and sharing a similar story from that same school of someone who spilled twice because of just two courses. He stayed back and during that period was able to build a business enterprise inside school for himself printing, doing registration and other computer related stuff at that Lagos boys hostel . He ended up buying a car in less than a year and did lots of other beautiful things for himself. He was a classmate of mine and I can tell you for a fact that he is in a far better position than most of out colleagues who graduated without a single issue . Another who spilled just rounded up his MSC in that same school. Failure is just a temporary setback, it is not a determinant of your worth.

What made them different? Their attitude towards the failure. While you are seeing the negatives , he sat down and accepted his fate while looking at the positive side of things and worked towards making something positive out of the bad situation. Failure should motivate you to do more to succeed.

Also, Life is not a rat race. Forget that you are seating with your juniors. What's even junior in a university? Most are your junior not because of age but by one circumstances or the other like spending long years at home without admission. Everyone has his own destined time. You don't need such comparisons.

If I were you, I would use this spare time to better my skills in whatever trade or ideal I have passion for. Do volunteer jobs or even gain some practical experience. You are a graduate already, you just don't have the cert yet. So maybe you see this as a graduate who is yet to be mobilised for NYSC and use this opportunity to do lots of personal upgrading. The extra year can be either a blessing or curse depending on what you use it for.

Also, the earlier you tell your parents the better. Its better they are in on the situation of things now. It would be awkward but there are somethings you just have to do. You are a man and shouldn't shy away from such bitter confrontations.

See this as a message from a fellow alumni and shelve those evil thoughts . life continues and a failure at a stage shouldn't spell the end of life.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
E
Chidoks:

God is all you need to have all your needs met.the only way to access God is through prayers..sincere a genuine prayers.prayers of faith.when praying to God ,you must do it on his terms to see results.what are his terms:
1>you must be born again
3>Marry your bible.search the scriptures.everything pertaining life is addressed in the bible.the word of God will comfort and give you solace.
4>Confront your issues.the word of God willl assist you here.what is that issue bugging you?speak to it.let it know that you are greater than it.is it rejection,unemployment,death of a loved one,poverty,sickness...whatever it is speak to it every day.tell it that you are more than it..then seek help.if unemployed; get up,go out there,package your CV.distribute with a smile and all confidence then find something doing no matter how meaner like labour.i once worked as a steward in a hotel.there is dignity in labour.you can serve at an eatry for the mean time.once God sees your committement He presents
**Make sure you stay strong a lot of destinies are tied to yours

I am very sure you mean well...but I KNOW what would help is if you talked to any one sad on here in human terms, you know, like to a person....like you, or me...instead of in this lofty, sombre, shoot-me-now tone that is IMO sure to make a sad person more depressed
Some are Christians, you think they do not know all this?
Then the marry your Bible one just made me go like, wtf!!

I do not mean to rain on your well intentioned post...but I could not overlook this...it is a pet peeve
Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Abuklaw(m): 10:25am On Jul 29, 2015
Good morning everyone,
I hope you are all doing fine? I salute those who have at one time or the other contributed to development of this thread, especially bellong and onegig, you guys are really doing a great job.

An adage says "he who points a finger at fellow human being, has the remaining four pointing to him". As long as you guys deem it compulsory to uplift people with emotional issues, you will always prosper. May God continue to bless you with more knowledge and wisdom to mentor people out of their depressed state.

To those going through one issue or the other, the best thing you can do to help yourself is to be positive always. Remember that you are the artist of your situations-you can craft positive things out of everything that happens to you. Remember that everything and anything that happens to you now had happened to someone sometimes in the past, you are not the only one going through problems and trials. bear it in mind that your problem cannot last up to the end of time.

#be_positive
www.didealmotivation..com

3 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by bellong: 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
Abuklaw:

#be_positive

God bless you too
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by SSBOtaru(m): 5:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
Praise God
If you need to know why u need to live?
Watch this video and know how much God loves u

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev_rqkCMV2k
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by karferguso(m): 2:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
I've been having mood swings for a couple of months..mostly been unhappy I'll be 18 next month and I just finished my 200 level. I've been too judgemental and tends to think low of my self It all started when someone(a friend) just criticized one thing I did(I thought too much about it).Since then, I have been having problem with myself The little thing d guy said turned to another thing in me. I was tired of school, can't think clearly and from that day I, also have been too judgmental on people around me and on my self. I've had distorted appetite, slept too much at a time (characteristics of depression).I really need HELP before resumption in October N.B: I am currently doing well in my Academics
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by thorpido(m): 6:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
karferguso:
I've been having mood swings for a couple of
months..mostly been unhappy
I'll be 18 next month and I just finished my 200 level.
I've been too judgemental and tends to think low of my
self
It all started when someone(a friend) just criticized one
thing I did(I thought too much about it).Since then, I have
been having problem with myself
The little thing d guy said turned to another thing in me.
I was tired of school, can't think clearly and from that day
I, also have been too judgmental on people around me and
on my self.
I've had distorted appetite, slept too much at a time
(characteristics of depression).I really need HELP before
resumption in October
N.B: I am currently doing well in my Academics
In this life,people will always criticise you.Some maybe positive criticism to make you perform better while others may just be 'bad belle'.
Whatever your friend criticised,is it something you can correct?If yes,then go and work on it.If it's something past,then think of a new day and how to perform better in future projects.Right now,think about hobbies/games and other activities you can engage in to lift your spirit.

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by karferguso(m): 8:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
thorpido:
In this life,people will always criticise you.Some maybe positive criticism to make you perform better while others may just be 'bad belle'.
Whatever your friend criticised,is it something you can correct?If yes,then go and work on it.If it's something past,then think of a new day and how to perform better in future projects.Right now,think about hobbies/games and other activities you can engage in to lift your spirit.
Thanks bro..I'll work on it but the mistake I made was thinking too much of it in the first place. I literally spent days brooding in the said matter which then subsequently lead me to thinking too much about daily life activities and then being judgmental on me and others
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by thorpido(m): 11:10pm On Aug 13, 2015
karferguso:

Thanks bro..I'll work on it but the mistake I made was thinking too much of it in the first place. I literally spent days brooding in the said matter which then subsequently lead me to thinking too much about daily life activities and then being judgmental on me and others
You will get over it.Just preoccupy yourself with other things now.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by karferguso(m): 11:36am On Aug 14, 2015
thorpido:
You will get over it.Just preoccupy yourself with other things now.
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by cherry007(f): 6:38am On Aug 18, 2015
Goodmorning to you all,Help!!!!! Am tired of life. Tears flow down my cheek as I narate my story to u. Buh won't fail to say a big thank you to all contributin in savin life. Am a single mother of two boys. It all started wen I noticed dat my ex was havin xtra affairs wit a sugar mummy.who lavishes him wit Money,gettin to a point he start misbaving wantin to take d kids to dia village for long vacation. Since d marriage wasn't legalized I no it was a trick to my kids away from me snce he refuse me. Wit d kids to spend some weeks wit dem. He went to dia skul and told dem. Not to release my kid to me a lot went wrong.God helped me I was able to take my kids, I hv no other place to go so I hv to go back to my parent huz. By d time I will visit him I met dis huge woman dis was d comment she make "I don't no u r smart enuf to take does kids from me,mind wot u say to me cos I will feed u and feed ur family and mind u, u r like d last born in my family" den he said "tank God we r doin just boyfriend and girlfriend I hv two issues for him"den I was 25yrs after six yers of stayin wit him and wen I tried to find out from my guy wotz hapening he beat d living day light out of me.life went so sour, wia I was working my appointment was terminated since den tot d fault is from me. After some month d woman wedded my guy, not quite long my company called me back buh u no hw life will be taking care of two kids. Life wit my father hv been a frustrating one as every month once he is been paid, I becom object of ridicle in my street,am been molested,abused etc. Atleast out of d little salary am been paid I make sure I buy half bag of rice,garri, 5ltrs groundnut oil and palm oil, I pay nepa bills I do buy 5ltrs kerosine every week and settle my Mom,if he ran out of money am dia I pay my kids skul fees almost everyday I hv to settle my kids , den settle my parent,I need to go to work and atleast feed myself,I don't even no how am managing if not God!!.still he will frustrate my life if u remove dis money from the salary of sumbdy who is not a graduate atleast u can assume hw much my intake is. Still my father won't allow me rest!!is better I kill myself dan been oppressed by my own father, u need to hear all he goes about tellin once he is dipsy. I encouraged myself dat once he starts I leave d huz to stay wit a friend for a week, once am back anoda wahala for me. I dnt hv a shoulder to lean on, I hv no body to help, am afraid of fallin inlove cos no true love!!! Is my own world different I tink if I commit suicide all dis will stop am tired
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by cherry007(f): 6:41am On Aug 18, 2015
cryI refuse to be a prostitute to take care of my kids, datz why am working hard in making sure I met ends since dia father failed as a father.

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by cherry007(f): 6:50am On Aug 18, 2015
I no I bleeped up but atleast he is supose to b dia for me and protect me buh datz not his case, instead he throw me outside and if my mom speak up she too her laugages is out too.Am tired
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by thorpido(m): 8:33am On Aug 18, 2015
cherry007:
I no I bleeped up but atleast he is supose to b dia for me and protect me buh datz not his case, instead he throw me outside and if my mom speak up she too her laugages is out too.Am tired
Yes,you've made mistakes,messed up but you have to keep pulling through.Think for a moment about your kids.If you kill yourself,what's going to happen to them?You want them to suffer?

You have to shut your ears to all the abuse for now.Just pay more attention to what you can do for yourself and your kids.You say your salary is not much but I believe you get by with it.Keep working hard.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by cherry007(f): 11:21am On Aug 18, 2015
es,you've made mistakes,messed up but you have to keep pulling through.Think for a moment about your kids.If you kill yourself,what's going to happen to them?You want them to suffer?

You have to shut your ears to all the abuse for now.Just pay more attention to what you can do for yourself and your kids.You say your salary is not much but I believe you get by with it.Keep working hard.
Thanks Bro

2 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by naijathings(m): 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
fellowbeing:
I will kill myself on Wednesday if am not able to sort this out. I'm tired of this life even though people around believe all is well with me. I am a 23 year old undergraduate of University of Ilorin. I am a spill over student due for graduation last year. I had 2 courses for first semester and 5 courses for second semester, including project. I really tried my best this year, so that I can graduate. The trauma, depression, studying with my juniors, O God, after stressing myself reading day and night, preparing hard and settling project issues, just to discover that I failed 2 courses in second semester. I will now splash, not again. I am pressing some buttons IF the courses can be waved. I discovered that I failed the two on friday after checking my results at the level adviser's office. How will I inform my parents? I don't have a choice than to just end this if nothing can be done before Wednesday evening.

Sometimes this life is crazy. Life is actually crazy if you look at it that way. Life is also beautiful when you look at it that way too.

Bro. I went to FUTO. Anybody who went to that school will tell you that school is a pressure machine. When I was in school, I did all I could to make sure I didn't stay in school for one extra day because I thought that was the worst thing that can happen to any human being in the world and YES I graduated exactly when I was supposed to graduate by hardwork, hook and crook. When I graduated, I had friends who I knew had problems that would surely make them spend at least 2 extra years and I felt sorry for them because I felt they were doomed. BUT I WAS WRONG. I WAS VERY WRONG. They paid attention to their problems and they finished school, and life continued and now nobody even remembers it. no one remembers if you graduated on the dot or you stayed in school for 3 more years. IT DOES NOT MATTER ANYMORE.

You have to talk to your parents or someone you trust about this and let them know how this is tormenting you and you really need their support to help you overcome this. Look bro... I have a very strict dad and a loving mother that always reminded me that they leave me and focus their finances on other children if I stay in school for one more day but that one na lie... shey my younger sister spent 6 years in school due to her stubbornness and lifestyle but no one killed her, they still paid every bill including her expensive house rent till she graduated.
Do not let life win you bro, you have to take every punch and kick and slap and try your best to slap and punch and kick back.
I know it can be traumatic to do studies with your juniors but you will continue to experience such trauma if you keep looking at them as your juniors bro. There is no senior and junior in this life bro you can ask your elders at home. ask your uncles and aunts. there is nothing like senior and junior in this life. I got admission into the university before most of my seniors that i feared more than God in secondary school and they did not kill themselves when they saw me. People keep saying YES SIR and YES MA to small boys and small girls in their office everyday for months and years and no one kills themselves over this. you will still meet people that are far younger than you even after you overcome your academic challenges and you might have to beg them for one thing or the other, your life might even depend on them, such is life.

You are 23, you have a lot of life ahead of you. plenty money to count and plenty houses to build and new cars to drive ahead of you bro. The good thing is that you are aware of your problems and you are actually concerned about solving your problems. what about those in the same school who just come to school to waste time and get at least 4 carry overs every semester and yet they are not even aware of their problem, they dont care. what about the GHOST STUDENTS ? You are on the right track my brother so smile and run towards your challenge like Achilles in the movie TROY.

Bro, I have taken my time to type this long plenty grammar because I want you to overcome and one day you will look back at your life in the university and secondary school and you will find out that NOTHING REALLY MATTERS IN THE END.

If you noticed, I did not come to talk about Bible and religion. I am giving you real life talk bro.
Try to watch lots of comedy and listen to happy songs and try to sing along and dance too so your heart can be open to the good things of life and all the NEGATIVE ENERGY around you will leave you.

In Life, you have to Be ready to fail 100 times and stand up 101 times .

Read the story of Louis Zamperini or watch the movie about him (UNBROKEN) and promise me you will not give up so easily no matter how many times life hit you.

8 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by nyafunyafu: 1:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
cherry007:
es,you've made mistakes,messed up but you have to keep pulling through.Think for a moment about your kids.If you kill yourself,what's going to happen to them?You want them to suffer?

Thanks Bro
Please put up your email I can direct you to a good councillor and possibly better job so you can get a place of your own and take better care of yourself. God bless u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (39) (Reply)

I Am Forced To Marry My Own Mother, What Do I Do? / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help / You Met Your Wife Sister Like This, What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.