Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,338 members, 7,780,889 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:56 AM

Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway (7864 Views)

Saraki Was Actually Stoned In Illorin..punch Newspaper / Saraki Arriving The Eid Praying Ground In Illorin Today (Photos) / The Police That Killed Muyideen Mustafa Has Been Stoned To Death In Illorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by awodman: 9:50pm On Jul 04, 2013
The Minister of Works, Mike Onolememen, on Thursday said the Federal Government would complete all ongoing road projects, including the Oyo-Ogbomosho section of the Ibadan-Ilorin Expressway.

Mr. Onolememen stated this at the inauguration of the N20.1billion Ibadan-Oyo section of the four-lane expressway.

The contract for the 43.25 kilometre Ibadan-Oyo road project was first awarded on Jan. 31, 2001.

The minister said that the Federal Government was committed to putting in place a good road network to enhance the movement of people and goods.

“One of the major programmes of the transformation agenda of President Goodluck Jonathan is to provide the people with a better road network across the country.

“This programme is very important to Nigeria because it has led to a reduction in traffic congestion,’’ he said.

The minister, however, urged all road users to refrain from the abuse of the road by engaging in overloading, indiscriminate parking and dumping of refuse.

“The Federal Government will continue to carry out the maintenance of the road networks,’’ he said.

In her address, the Minister of State for the Federal Capital Territory, Jumoke Akinjide, said President Goodluck Jonathan had pledged to reconstruct the Olorunsogo-Ona-Ara- Akanran road.

She also said the president would flag-off the re-construction of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway on Friday.

Earlier, Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State said that the inauguration was long awaited; noting that it was coming 12 years after construction first began.

Mr. Ajimobi, who was represented by Akin Olajide, the Secretary to the State Government, pleaded for the quick completion of the Oyo-Ogbomosho section of the road.

“We will like to bring to the notice of the minister again that the Federal Government is owing the state the sum of N18.4billion which the state government had expended on the construction of some federal roads,’’ he added.

He further said that his administration had awarded 251 road contracts across the state, with some already completed and inaugurated.

Among dignitaries at the inauguration were Bashir Yuguda, the Minister of State for Works, and Kabir Abdullahi, the Federal Director of Highways in the South-West Zone.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/140239-ibadan-ilorin-expressway-others-to-be-completed-works-minister.html
Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by taharqa2: 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
@OP, I think the RECONSTRUCTION of the road, a section of the Oyo-Ibadan Expressway, was actually COMPLETED and commissioned by the Minister, not the Flag-off of its reconstruction.

I just saw a section of the newly Reconstructed Road Section on National news this evening.
Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 04, 2013
FRESH AIR everywhere you turn!

7 Likes

Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by stebell(m): 11:32pm On Jul 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: FRESH AIR everywhere you turn!
My broda, #Fresh Air# wan overtake me O°˚˚˚ . O boy see fresh air every where yu go.

1 Like

Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by Lagusta(m): 10:02am On Jul 05, 2013
make them quickly finish the road, I can't wait to travel along that road at 150km/h!!!!
Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by awodman: 10:17am On Jul 05, 2013
taharqa2: @OP, I think the RECONSTRUCTION of the road, a section of the Oyo-Ibadan Expressway, was actually COMPLETED and commissioned by the Minister, not the Flag-off of its reconstruction.

I just saw a section of the newly Reconstructed Road Section on National news this evening.

initially I misunderstood the report..now I understand he commissioned the completed Ibadan-Oyo section and flagged off the reconstruction of Oyo-Ogbomosho axis..

Thanks ƒσя the correction...#fresh air

1 Like

Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 05, 2013
Another COMPLETED project commissioned. Front page pls!
Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by OCTAVO: 2:22pm On Jul 05, 2013
Lagusta: make them quickly finish the road, I can't wait to travel along that road at 150km/h!!!!
That's too much.

2 Likes

Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by Delafruita(m): 2:26pm On Jul 05, 2013
taharqa2: @OP, I think the RECONSTRUCTION of the road, a section of the Oyo-Ibadan Expressway, was actually COMPLETED and commissioned by the Minister, not the Flag-off of its reconstruction.

which newly reconstructed road?the road remains the same way it was when yar'adua stopped work on it.the major portion left undone after obasanjo was the oyo-ogbomosho axis and its still the way it was as at 2 weeks ago when i passed there.travellers still pass the old road.they might have touched it up a little but to say it was reconstructed is an absolute fabrication.

as for the flag-off,lets hope they begin work there.

2 Likes

Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by funshint(m): 2:26pm On Jul 05, 2013
Abeg mk dem sha commence Ibadan-Abeokuta road dualisation joor. D only tin we've seen for d past 9months is d signpost by KOPEK!
Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 05, 2013
Delafruita:
which newly reconstructed road?the road remains the same way it was when yar'adua stopped work on it.the major portion left undone after obasanjo was the oyo-ogbomosho axis and its still the way it was as at 2 weeks ago when i passed there.travellers still pass the old road.they might have touched it up a little but to say it was reconstructed is an absolute fabrication.

as for the flag-off,lets hope they begin work there.
ojo section of road was constructed by this administration and work still going on oyo-ogbomosho axis though slowly.

2 Likes

Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by RedReact: 2:42pm On Jul 05, 2013
Lagusta: make them quickly finish the road, I can't wait to travel along that road at 150km/h!!!!
Odaran/criminal grin why not speed at 200km/hr?
Abeg if u wan try ur formula 1 skills, no carry pikin along o
Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by mike404(m): 2:47pm On Jul 05, 2013
FRONT PAGE PULIZZZZZZ grin grin
Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by abacus(m): 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2013
Many thanks to OBJ.

1 Like

Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by tomber(m): 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2013
Pix pls
Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by tlops(m): 3:15pm On Jul 05, 2013
RedReact:
Odaran/criminal grin why not speed at 200km/hr?
Abeg if u wan try ur formula 1 skills, no carry pikin along o

I have done 200km/h before but not on 9ja's killer roads... From Germany to Denmark Autobhan. The road was 6 lanes without limit... I think everyone was on that top gear too coz I was overtaken....

I wish will have such good roads in 9jA one day...

To the topic.. The road is long overdue 12 years FA! FMWH should be ashamed.... They couldn't even patch the old route to be motorable... I mean there is nothing wrong in them fixing the old road too.. This is stale air...

1 Like

Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by deols(f): 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2013
This sounds silly to me.

After more than 9yrs, they commission Ibadan-Oyo?? Is that even up to one-third of the whole project?

The ojoo, Ibadan part is beautiful btw

1 Like

Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by awodman: 3:22pm On Jul 05, 2013
Most of you should just stop this childish behaviour of trying to discredit any acheivement that has GEJ attached to it...If you continue on this lane I promise you that you will even become more pained,the hate will eat you up the more because in the coming days a whole lot of projects are going to be commissioned by this administration....

1 Like

Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by billante(m): 3:25pm On Jul 05, 2013
snaped the pic from guardian newspaper today!

3 Likes

Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by GlobalVillager: 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2013
awodman: Most of you should just stop this childish behaviour of trying to discredit any acheivement that has GEJ attached to it...If you continue on this lane I promise you that you will even become more pained,the hate will eat you up the more because in the coming days a whole lot of projects are going to be commissioned by this administration....

ok sir.

Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by Burger01(m): 3:33pm On Jul 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: FRESH AIR everywhere you turn!

Yeah, fresh air is all we need right now. Not Boko haram and their virgin seeking lullabies..

sad
Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by musiwa29: 3:58pm On Jul 05, 2013
2007 this is when it was finished .. why are you telling lies on nairaland.. can you go back and do it again.
[size=18pt]
the idea was mine. it was already showing on google earth 3 or 4 years ago.

the idea was mine to build the road to ilorin, i was the one who told a story how when i was at the university of ilorin.
[/size] many student die on that road/ and two days after nigeria government awarded the road after my story. ilorin people can see. i am doing something fa. how are you fa ni ilorin.

only road built when i started to complain and talk about marginalization.
the correct procedure is to name the road, olusegun obasanjo way. that way president,governors can be force to build something, so that they can name it after them.
Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by musiwa29: 4:11pm On Jul 05, 2013
can the people of ibadan , see i am trying... remember this picture of ibadan airport. now see the new picture.
Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 05, 2013
Tot the Yorubas are have been crying that GEJ's govt marginalized them. Dont know wot they want the man to do again.
Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by musiwa29: 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2013
it was before jonathan , it was on google earth many year ago... kaorama.

Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2013
awodman: Most of you should just stop this childish behaviour of trying to discredit any acheivement that has GEJ attached to it...If you continue on this lane I promise you that you will even become more pained,the hate will eat you up the more because in the coming days a whole lot of projects are going to be commissioned by this administration....
Forget the liars, thieves and vultures.

I saw the section COMPLETED and commissioned on TV. It looked very solid, with markings and drainages. Even the Oyo state govt was represented at the commissioning ceremony.

The GEJ govt inherited several uncompleted and moribund projects and he is bringing them to completion one after the other. Past leaders, including OBJ also inherited uncompleted projects (since Nigeria was not born in 1999) and had the choice to either continue, complete and commission them or ABANDON them.

1 Like

Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by joy3456: 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2013
confirmed
Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by Fishout(m): 5:26pm On Jul 05, 2013
since 2001 story, story.
Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by rapheaders: 6:37pm On Jul 05, 2013
this fresh air boys can lie with all their lives. the road as been at the same state since yaradua era. fyi I used this road thrice last week, so y'all should stop lying ogbomoso to oyo is still a death trap.
Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by taharqa2: 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2013
rapheaders: this fresh air boys can lie with all their lives. the road as been at the same state since yaradua era. fyi I used this road thrice last week, so y'all should stop lying ogbomoso to oyo is still a death trap.
Is dis d 'brainless' @eggheader mutated, ni?? Any ways, almost every person here, including d article, hv stated that d Oyo-Ogbomosho section of d road is not complete and is been workd on presently, But that the previously uncompleted Oyo-Ibadan and Ogbomosho-Ilorin has now been COMPLETED by d present Admin. What again bi yr problem? ...When d Oyo-Ogbomosho Section is completed (and it will be), we will still u. Chilax, guy. No allow Hate killi you...
Re: Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway by ariy(m): 8:16pm On Jul 05, 2013
I didn't see anything new on this road except Ojoo in ibadan. I pass the road 4 times yesterday and today.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries / Most Dangerous Special Forces Of The World. See How Your Country’s Army Looks !! / Twelve Most Peaceful And Friendly States In Nigeria According To Political Zones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.