Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,354 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:11 AM

Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law (20161 Views)

Photos: Lagos State Government Website (lagosstate.gov.ng) Has Been Hacked / Google Punishes Rap Genius Website Over SEO Practices / Nigerian Government Website Defaced By Brazilian Hackers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by kael: 10:48pm On Jul 04, 2013
Anonymous has hacked the www.nigeria.gov.ng because of the the passage of the anti homosexuality bill. Giving Jonathan an ultimatum to veto the bill.

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1186752_GAY_pngb4e923afc089c085ba127f1ee6a1c0c9[/img]

An Irish hacker, angered by Nigeria’s stance on homosexuality, has attacked Nigeria’s official government website in an attempt to coerce President Goodluck Jonathan to veto a bill seeking to jail homosexuals.

The attack happened on Thursday night and normalcy only returned to the site at about 11.00 p.m. on Thursday. It is not known whether it was the government that regained control or whether the attackers simply suspended the attack.

The anti-gay bill, passed by Nigeria’s National Assembly and generously supported by Nigerians, seeks to jail convicted homosexuals for 14 years.

“Nobody should live in fear of being jailed, when their only action is loving another consenting adult, regardless of gender,” the Irish hacker, Paddyhack said.

A message left on the defaced website gave the president 72 hours to “renounce and veto this Bill…”

“Failure to follow our order will unleash a torrent of fury aimed directly at the direction of your administration, starting with some startling but unsurprising evidence of corruption in your ranks,”the hacker, who also claims to be a member of the global Anonymous group, said.

“No need to start destroying evidence. I already have it,” the hacker declared.

The hacked website, Nigeria.gov.ng, is Nigeria’s official website. It is the equivalent of UK’s gov.uk and U.S’ USA.gov. It is managed by Nigeria’s information ministry.

The Thursday night attack was a continuation of an #opNigeria the attacker launched on July 1. Despite announcing his intention hours before hijacking the website, Nigeria’s Information Ministry’s web administrators appear unable to avert the attack.

“Just over two hours to launch of #OpNigeria,” the attacker announced in his twitter diary.

The spokesperson of the ministry, Joseph Mutuah, could not explain the attacks when pressed for reasons the government is unable to provide appropriate security for its web infrastructure.

He likened it to armed robbers breaking into one’s property. “They are hackers,” he said.

The ICT department of the Information Ministry received N63.5 million from the national treasury this year. Of this amount, N10 million was set aside for the management of the website.

2 Likes

Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by Horus(m): 10:53pm On Jul 04, 2013
Yes they hacked it
Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by redcliff: 10:58pm On Jul 04, 2013
Do they think by hacking the website they'l get the attention they seek? Hack their foregin bank accounts and we can start talking negotiation. Eh, pls, hack

Nscdc.gov.org
Nafdac website
Efcc website
Jamb website
Nuc website.
Nnpc website
Ministry of defence
Ministy of finance

Then come and tell us ur demamds. Mschew.

8 Likes

Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by kael: 11:19pm On Jul 04, 2013
They say they having glaring evidence of corruption which they will reveal if their demands are not met

2 Likes

Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by Horus(m): 11:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
kael: They say they having glaring evidence of corruption which they will reveal if their demands are not met

This is no joke! the hacking seem to be serious shocked

1 Like

Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by kokoA(m): 12:04am On Jul 05, 2013
I now know why the nscdc man refused to complete his organization's website.. grin who no dey fear hackers? grin

47 Likes

Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by solomon111(m): 12:35am On Jul 05, 2013
Lol.
Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by ogb5(m): 1:03am On Jul 05, 2013
kael: Anonymous has hacked the www.nigeria.gov.ng because of the the passage of the anti homosexuality bill. Giving Jonathan an ultimatum to veto the bill.

We have enough women to marry in Nigeria, we don't want homo among us, if they like let them hack all Nigerian website, we are not buying stupid Western culture on this one.

When plenty women dey, why man go dey eye another man?

28 Likes

Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by lyfe(m): 1:57am On Jul 05, 2013
There is no evidence that the website was hacked. Meanwhile, the said website is boring
Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by DisGuy: 2:00am On Jul 05, 2013
You think the FG even notice lol

looooong thing!

2 Likes

Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by Horus(m): 2:06am On Jul 05, 2013
lyfe: There is no evidence that the website was hacked. Meanwhile, the said website is boring

At 23:30 PM I noticed that the website was defaced and there was a message from "Anonymous" instead of the original page.
Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by osaroodion(m): 4:08am On Jul 05, 2013
Nonsense group of people. If them like make them hack everytin hackable in Nigeria, we nor go still pass that useless bill. Jobless entities

3 Likes

Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by sambos994(m): 6:22am On Jul 05, 2013
Can anybody post some sort of screenshot? Because I don't see how the site was hacked.
Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by mascot87(m): 7:26am On Jul 05, 2013
Lol, their is a po rno link on the official website page of Nigeria. Bad boyz
Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by Temismith(f): 9:56am On Jul 05, 2013
gringringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by bellaberry: 10:07am On Jul 05, 2013
I use to have respect for this anonymous guys until now. undecided
Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by ZN2: 10:09am On Jul 05, 2013
Website appears normal.

These gays are making me sick. angry angry
Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by yuzedo: 10:10am On Jul 05, 2013
Simon Andal strikes again!!! angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by Delafruita(m): 10:10am On Jul 05, 2013
ogb5:

We have enough women to marry in Nigeria, we don't want homo among us, if they like let them hack all Nigerian website, we are not buying stupid Western culture on this one.

When plenty women dey, why man go dey eye another man?
how is it your business if one man decides to eye another man?

8 Likes

Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by fitzmayowa: 10:12am On Jul 05, 2013
Will the hacking, change the Nigerian government stand on this issue BTW what happened to live and let others live I thought they said its a free world, so why the hatred against homo's

5 Likes

Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by yorke1: 10:13am On Jul 05, 2013
Rubbish!!! Is the website functional before?

2 Likes

Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by Emade(m): 10:13am On Jul 05, 2013
it will never work here o who won marry he fellow man or her fellow woman make he leave this country.
Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by misterh(m): 10:14am On Jul 05, 2013
Who visits those websites btw? :/

2 Likes

Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 05, 2013
Wetin ona hackerrs no go hack for dis life?Even my 2go acc has been hacked,d garri industry in my village also has been hacked,oti su mi Ooº°˚˚˚°ºoO .

4 Likes

Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by brownlord: 10:16am On Jul 05, 2013
So every dick n harry they threaten us now? By the time we declare SOE on this people now some jobless amnesty international and Tinubu go come say rubbish, no yawa i just sitdown wit my alomo kasapreko from that country when their economy they compete with lagos state they wait wetin won happen after 72 hrs
Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by Ekpekus(m): 10:16am On Jul 05, 2013
A lost battle for the group "anonymous". You can't engage in cheap blackmail against a sovereign state to drive home a demand which majority of her citizen kicks against. Remember, the government ALWAYS wins. So kip on hacking!
Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by symbianDON(m): 10:16am On Jul 05, 2013
@mr. HACKivist: you and your fa.g_got brothers should go and learn to hack women's 'websites' and not hacking into each other's behinds!! In nigeria, hacking into govt's websites mean absolutely nothing to us.

4 Likes

Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by Lordave: 10:17am On Jul 05, 2013
Make the gayhacker go eat sh! t I mean shittt!
Make una no censor my comments again.
Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by Lordave: 10:21am On Jul 05, 2013
brownlord: So every dick n harry they threaten us now? By the time we declare SOE on this people now some jobless amnesty international and Tinubu go come say rubbish, no yawa i just sitdown wit my alomo kasapreko from that country when their economy they compete with lagos state they wait wetin won happen after 72 hrs
abeg biko ejorh pass me just half shot of Alo.. I take koko beg you...
Re: Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law by kingthreat(m): 10:25am On Jul 05, 2013
So homo sabi hacking? What else do they know how to do other than taking it up the butt?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

An Experimental Mobile Android App For NL / Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks / Fullstack Developer Needed - Over ₦250,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.