Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Writers VS Musicians In Our Society. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writers VS Musicians In Our Society. (582 Views)

Lagos Society Wife / Life And Our Society! / At Last Society Of Young Nigerian Writers Releases An Anthology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Writers VS Musicians In Our Society. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 04, 2013
Writers and musicians are both using their abilities to relay mesages; how come musicians in our time have taken over this expression business so much writers are not even regarded a pint. Personally, i think the music scene in the society we live today isnt passing the message needed, its time for Writers to pick up our pens and make waves also, wont it be nice if writers can be as wealthy as these musicians yet pass a beautiful message. What re your thoughts and HOw can our "writing industry" be revived.
Re: Writers VS Musicians In Our Society. by afroxyz: 7:17am On Jul 05, 2013
For writers to be accepted its more than enough to just 'pick up the pen and make waves'. Nigerian writers have been making waves off the shores of this country. We as writers find ourselves in society that values books, knowledge and ideologies like rubber slippers. Nigerians prefer to be entertained hence the numerous talent and reality shows, and the 'wave-making' musicians. If the literary and publishing structure is write, then writers would be appreciated.
Re: Writers VS Musicians In Our Society. by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 05, 2013
Changr is the only constant thing. I totally agree with you, but there should be a way out, inspiring desire for knowledge by drawing the pooulace attention thereby feeding with intended information.... this just has to change.
Re: Writers VS Musicians In Our Society. by DNA1(f): 9:41pm On Jul 21, 2013
chris baba: Writers and musicians are both using their abilities to relay mesages; how come musicians in our time have taken over this expression business so much writers are not even regarded a pint. Personally, i think the music scene in the society we live today isnt passing the message needed, its time for Writers to pick up our pens and make waves also, wont it be nice if writers can be as wealthy as these musicians yet pass a beautiful message. What re your thoughts and HOw can our "writing industry" be revived.

i think journalists should wake up to this responsibility...
it is journalists that make 'entertainers' as popular as they are today..
if journalists can follow up on writers, i guess we will be able to make waves in no time...

btw have u read my book?
https://www.nairaland.com/1322268/pleasant-surprise

(1) (Reply)

I Love proses / R U A Good Writer? Click Here / Unforgivable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.