Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,128 members, 7,807,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album (10694 Views)

Teen "Wondagurl" Explains Production For Jay-z's "Magna Carta Holy Grail" / 16-year-old Canadian-Nigerian Girl Created A Beat For Jay-z’s New Album / Meet Ebony Oshunrinde, The 16-year-old Who Produced Beats For Jay Z (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by AllRoundGist: 2:12am On Jul 05, 2013
An amazing16-years-old Nigerian/Canadian, Ebony Osunrinde, who goes by the name "Wondagurl" has just been credited as a producer on "Crown," a track on Jay-Z's new album "Magna Carta Holy Grail." Wondagurl just finished 11th grade at Chinguacousy Secondary School, and she started out at producing sounds after watching a video of Jay-Z and Timbaland working in the studio together when she was 9. She bagan downloading music software and teaching herself how to use it by watching YouTube tutorials. "I wanted to do the exact thing that he [Jay-Z] did. Anybody can be successful, it doesn't matter where you are from." she recently told TheStar in an interview.

When she was 14, she made it to the quarter-finals of Toronto's Battle of the Beatmakers. She won the title the following year and went on to sign an exclusive management deal with Black Box.

According to Ian Stanger, a representative with Black Box, "It's amazing to see somebody with that much talent working as hard as she can to make the most of it at such a young age. It's her work that people should be paying attention to, not that fact that she's 16."

Earlier this year, Ebony sent the beat to her friend Travis Scott, a younger rapper and producer from Houston who met Ebony last year. He happened to be in the studio with Jay-Z when he received it, and when he told her that the cut had made it to the album, she thought he was joking.

The sound that landed on Jay-Z's album began with a reggae song. Ebony sampled the music and added her own twist using computer software. "It has a lot of bass and a lot of bounce." she explained.

She said when she told her mother the good news, she cried. Ebony got her passport last year and hopes to meet Jay-Z someday. Before now, she also produced a song for Travis Scott.
The mother must be very proud! Congrats girl!

http://www.allaroundgist.com/2013/07/ebony-oshunrinde-16-years-old-nigerian.html#more

6 Likes

Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by DisGuy: 2:36am On Jul 05, 2013
after watching a video of Jay-Z and Timbaland working in the studion together when she was 9.

well done to her

I think i remember this video excerpt, it was on the Fade to Black final tour video, the beat was Big- i think someone else used the beat though
Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by Temismith(f): 8:44am On Jul 05, 2013
Send my regards to her. grin grin
Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 05, 2013
Ok
Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by homesteady(m): 9:36am On Jul 05, 2013
Its so sad that I broke up with her in Nigeria!! And the most annoying part was that, she travelled to America the next day!!

3 Likes

Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by Esinwaju: 11:16am On Jul 05, 2013
A wondergurl she truly is. Making a beat for a legend of rap at just 16. At that age, I had no clearcut idea of what I wanted to do with my life but that was quite a long time ago though. Thank God for the gift of life and the maturity that comes with it. I believe I'm gonna be working with her when I get my rap career moving. N.B: Anyone who reads more meaning into the last part of my post is a pervert.

3 Likes

Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by Esinwaju: 11:18am On Jul 05, 2013
Front page!
Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by mancheeutd(m): 12:26pm On Jul 05, 2013
homesteady: Its so sad that I broke up with her in Nigeria!! And the most annoying part was that, she travelled to America the next day!!

werè rè ó

1 Like

Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by Arosa(m): 1:11pm On Jul 05, 2013
I hope she will contribute her skills to the naija music industry. cool

1 Like

Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by Tolexander: 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2013
Oshunrinde
what a nice name!
But am not happy with you for changing Ebunlomo to Ebony

Don't worry Ebunlomo, Marvin record go soon sign you.
Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by JbravoAdodger(m): 1:42pm On Jul 05, 2013
homesteady: Its so sad that I broke up with her in Nigeria!! And the most annoying part was that, she travelled to America the next day!!
don't u mean CANADA!?!
Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by tellwisdom: 3:34pm On Jul 05, 2013
Rubbish undecided
Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by sobaemma(m): 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2013
Let her go and create a beat for don moon,and other christains singer,am still wondering after the cds of this guys came out that they are serving satan still people do listen and praise them
Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by tayolove12(m): 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2013
I wen sing
Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by smeagolgollum(m): 3:39pm On Jul 05, 2013
All Round Gist:
An amazing[b]16-years-old[/b] Nigerian/Canadian, Ebony Osunrinde, who goes by the name "Wondagurl" has just been credited as a producer on "Crown," a track on Jay-Z's new album "Magna Carta Holy Grail." Wondagurl just finished 11th grade at Chinguacousy Secondary School, and she started out at producing sounds after watching a video of Jay-Z and Timbaland working in the studion [/b]together when she was 9. [b]She bagan to download music software and teach herself how to use it by watching YouTube tutorials. "I wanted to go the exact thing that he [Jay-Z] did. Anybody can be successful, it doesn't matter where you are from." she recently told TheStar in an interview.

When she was 14, she made it to the quarter-finals of Toronto's Battle of the Beatmakers. She won the title the following year and went on to sign an exclusive management deal with Black Box.

According to Ian Stanger, a representative with Black Box, "It's amazing to see somebody with that much talent working as hard as she can to make the most of it at such a young age. It's her work that people should be paying attention to, not that fact that she's 16."

Earlier this year, Ebony sent the beat to her friend Travis Scott, a younger rapper and producer from Houston who met Ebony last year. He happened to be in the studio with Jay-Z when he received it, and when he told her that the cut had made it to the album, she thought he was joking.

The sound that landed on Jay-Z's album began with a reggae song. Ebony sampled the music and added her own twist using computer software. "It has a lot of bass and a lot of bounce." she explained.

She said when she told her mother the good news, she cried. Ebony got her passport last year and hopes to meet Jay-Z someday. Before now, she also produced a song for Travis Scott.
The mother must be very proud! Congrats girl!
http://www.allaroundgist.com/2013/07/ebony-oshunrinde-16-years-old-nigerian.html#more
We speaksesss Englishesss Sssss shocked shocked

My Preciousesss!! cry cry
Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by Odinaka00(m): 3:41pm On Jul 05, 2013
If you think 9ja rules d world oya click "LIKE".....just 10LIKES is enof

5 Likes

Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by ldpele(m): 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2013
its a congrats frm me to u,but get in touch with home cos the industry over here is real BUSINESS
Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by smeagolgollum(m): 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2013
Odinaka00: If you think 9ja rules d world oya click "LIKE".....just 10LIKES is enof
Thiefss!! it wantss to get "Likes" into its filthy little pocketsesss angry angry

My Precioussss!! cry cry

7 Likes

Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by lifestyle1(m): 3:59pm On Jul 05, 2013
smeagol_gollum:
We speaksesss Englishesss Sssss shocked shocked

My Preciousesss!! cry cry

angry
Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by brixton: 4:02pm On Jul 05, 2013

1 Like

Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by AbuMikey(m): 4:06pm On Jul 05, 2013
tellwisdom: Rubbish undecided
Your father!!!

1 Like

Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by dabrake(m): 4:12pm On Jul 05, 2013
Odinaka00: If you think 9ja rules d world oya click "LIKE".....just 10LIKES is enof
beggy beggy. 'LIKE' beggar.
Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by Odinaka00(m): 4:15pm On Jul 05, 2013
dabrake: beggy beggy. 'LIKE' beggar.

I nor dey beg 4 LIKES, na solicit ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ dey do
Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by Pdizzle(m): 4:16pm On Jul 05, 2013
i need her talent

1 Like

Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by ad84ada(m): 4:16pm On Jul 05, 2013
Good one!
Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by LabourParty(m): 4:24pm On Jul 05, 2013
Nice one.

Canadian, Yes.

Nigerian, How?
Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by idriis: 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2013
Shekpe joint

1 Like

Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2013
I m so happy 4 her
Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by fitzmayowa: 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2013
Naija representing

1 Like

Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by abes(m): 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2013
Now we are all claiming her to be a Nigerian, someone was even angry she changed her name from Ebunlomo to Ebony grin grin grin
If the news was 'Ebony slaughtered a boy', we will all claim she's Canadian.

1 Like

Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by illuminaty(m): 5:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
Mods....pls get ur fact right....dere's no song on jay-z's new album called "CROWNS"...pls,I reali beg of you...stop spreading false news.thanks
Re: Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 05, 2013
Congratulations.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Timaya New Album - De Rebirth / Download Peruzzi - Majesty Instrumental / Koo Koo Fun (Feat. Tiwa Savage & DJ Maphorisa) By Major Lazer & League Djz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.