Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life (71960 Views)

Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic / UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners / Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by roccio(m): 1:22pm On Jul 05, 2013
[img]http://3.bp..com/-w8UBeABEopk/Uda1HoWzQcI/AAAAAAAADLw/ZI1WLrzSH7A/s1600/p.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-ClwIXIqAWjo/Uda1HwPhYPI/AAAAAAAADL0/BhEcyYMO01I/s1600/p1.gif[/img]

Whilst the prisons should be a correctional facility, where people are rehabilitated while being remanded for their offences, it has somewhat become the opposite in Nigeria. It is like the place where you go to that you may or may not return. People thrown into prisons join the multitude of people, guilty people, innocent people who have found themselves in the spot with little or no help forthcoming. Continue Reading and see more picture after cut...

The deplorable state of our prisons have also heightened corruption around the police stations, where criminals would rather part with huge sums of money rather than stay behind those musty, wee-wee smelling bars.

The number of awaiting trial inmates in different prisons is alarming. Some people have spent eight years waiting for trial. These are factors that the government should look into. The current state of the prisons is really saddening.

http://www.tundeola.com/2013/07/see-photos-of-how-nigerian-prisoners.html#more

5 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Aghagba(f): 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2013
Jesus christ o

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by geeez: 1:42pm On Jul 05, 2013
OMG! And to think some of these guys might be innocent

7 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 05, 2013
Na here wey Bode George and Tafa Balogun been dey crash?

14 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by iykak47: 2:02pm On Jul 05, 2013
This is a crime against humanity cry cry angry angry

7 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by iykak47: 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2013
What is the difference between this and hell fire? angry

15 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Livinusc(m): 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2013
D shoked up is too much nah,pple ll contact different kind of sickness here.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by kettykin: 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2013
No wonder The country is the way it is with Nothing virtually working

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by DuduNegro: 2:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
I think these are corpses, not prisoners.

9 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Zonacom(m): 2:26pm On Jul 05, 2013
Finding it hard to believe this. Appears too odd
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Beaf1: 3:01pm On Jul 05, 2013
iykak47: What is the difference between this and hail fire? angry

^
Hail fire? cheesy

@Post
Looks like tuber of yams being arranged in a pickup for transporting.
It also looks like mass burial to me.

9 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Mustay(m): 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2013
I remember in the past, NTA did a comprehensive piece on the deplorable states of our prisons. Perhaps, it's when Channels TV use Social Media power make am another issue na den dem government go respond. You now know why prison break is an ultimate search for these guys. Then again, who cares Government isn't really interested in reforms, it's more about deforms.

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 05, 2013
Just 6 words

Horrible, very pathetic and sight-disgusting.

Front page thing mod.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by lukaino(m): 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2013
Naija! its everything we do upside down. This is absurd.

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Sibrah: 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2013
No wonder our politician hate going there.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Fhemmmy: 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2013
Impossible . . . Nice joke though

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by pheyikemi: 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2013
Some r even using thr neighbors heads as pillows wc means they r corpses.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by dridowu: 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2013
Nigeria prison is horrible, pls do whatever it takes not to be an inmate, i remeber when i paid visitation to Agodi Prison in Ibadan as member of Red Cross, what i saw is more than horrible, about 700 inmate both male and female but those on trial is klose to 80% , and they have been on trial 4 abt 5yrs.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by WildChild00(m): 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2013
Nairaland is becoming something else thisdays, where anybody can just come and fabricate news, pictures, claiming to be real, and people will tend to believe in it.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by ifeanyionyia: 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2013
--
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2013
chidindufrank: Na here wey Bode George and Tafa Balogun been dey crash?

Are you a learner?

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by WildChild00(m): 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2013
Second picture look real, but the first is not...

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Afam4eva(m): 5:05pm On Jul 05, 2013
This is downright crude.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by IGBOSON1: 5:06pm On Jul 05, 2013
Reminds me of how -like tinned sardines- they packed black slaves on ships for the journey to the new world.

What happens if one of those guys has smelly feet!?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by IGBOSON1: 5:14pm On Jul 05, 2013
Some fat pot-bellied comptroller of prisons would probably be responsible for the budget that could make a difference in these poor souls lives.....most likely a budget running into billions of naira!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Ruq: 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2013
Da fuq!! Sleeping like dead massacred victims. cry cry cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 05, 2013
Is this a poultry

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by ujoinme: 6:14pm On Jul 05, 2013
they should apply to be transfered to the akwa ibom new prison. i bet the condition there is better. lol

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Dreamflyin(m): 7:28pm On Jul 05, 2013
So sad, really sad. I wish i could something apart share on my facebook and get it trending.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by mtprofessor5(m): 7:28pm On Jul 05, 2013
iykak47: What is the difference between this and hell fire? angry
fire dey for hell fire

5 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Dibiachukwu: 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
chai cry
A heartless nation! This is what the "winners of the war" put us all into. What a shame to Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by HezronLorraine(m): 8:14pm On Jul 05, 2013
geeez: OMG! And to think some of these guys might be innocent
am far from OMG.can't rock this.cause someone is convicted of a criminal act doesn't mean,he or she should be dehumanised until the day they are released.
A prison should be a correctional centre for criminals.
Watching prison break as made me seen how a prison should really be.
Like really this looks gross.nigeria doesn't respect rights of in-mates.
These prisons need restructuring.the prison officials needs re-orientation.steady supply of funds for feeding,an emergency fund to treat any prisoner diagnosed of any disease or sickness.
How can any of this be done when there's still low standards of living.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje Called Akinwunmi Ambode To Congratulate Him Screenshot / Precious Chikwendu, FFK’s Ex-Wife Sends Strong Message As He Unveils New Lover / Tinubu Sleeps Off At APC Rally In Kwara State? (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.