Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,775 members, 7,798,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Can I Apply For Student Visa Without A Letter From Nysc - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Apply For Student Visa Without A Letter From Nysc (1873 Views)

can i extend Uk short term visitor visa without leaving England? / How Do I Get A Shenge Visa Without Any Document To Show / Process Of Applying For Sweden Student Visa Without Admission Letter Except Admi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Apply For Student Visa Without A Letter From Nysc by Onlineise(m): 12:46pm On May 17, 2008
Re: Can I Apply For Student Visa Without A Letter From Nysc by funkybaby(f): 1:05pm On May 17, 2008
@onelineise
Just seeing your 'nairaland' alert. Yes you can but you have to be really careful on how you present this to the ECO. An old classmate did something similiar few years ago and it worked for him. However, DO NOT pay anyone to type any letter on a NYSC letter headed paper saying you are given 'permission to travel', etc. Presenting such letter with your application is similiar to fraud. Those people are fully aware of the laws,rules and regulations regarding the NYSC scheme which includes not travelling out of your place of primary assignment except on special conditions and travelling overseas is not part of it.
Re: Can I Apply For Student Visa Without A Letter From Nysc by IncaGold(m): 1:19pm On May 17, 2008
If you read her post properly she said and i quote "I am still serving and hope to finish in august and school resumes in sept"
You dont need a letter from NYSC, you can state that you're still serving and include your call-up letter. Nothing stops you from applying for your student visa. Best of luck with your service and visa application (Onlineise)
Re: Can I Apply For Student Visa Without A Letter From Nysc by Onlineise(m): 1:40pm On May 17, 2008
Re: Can I Apply For Student Visa Without A Letter From Nysc by Onlineise(m): 1:46pm On May 17, 2008
Re: Can I Apply For Student Visa Without A Letter From Nysc by IncaGold(m): 1:47pm On May 17, 2008
Trust me, I think that should suffice. But you must clearly state that you're due to finish in August when applying though. I personally dont see any trouble with that. What school do you have in mind?
Re: Can I Apply For Student Visa Without A Letter From Nysc by ty4real(m): 1:51pm On May 17, 2008
Onlineise:

I am still serving and hope to finish in august and school resumes in sept. I'm about to apply for a UK student visa. Nairalanders I need your ops.

You dont need a letter from Nysc,since you said you will be finishing in August,that settles it,just make sure you make a good quality copy of your nysc id card,preferably coloured one this will state there that your card will expre this sept,so it will answer the fact that you dont need a cover letter from Nysc and in filling of the forms,you would have stated on it categorically what you are presently doing which in this case is NYSC.I have quite a number of friends who applied around the same time that you are planning to applying and they were still serving but they had just a month to go,and they are in the Uk with their student visa.What I will advice you do is pay diligence to the filling of your application form ok!Cheers!
Re: Can I Apply For Student Visa Without A Letter From Nysc by ty4real(m): 1:55pm On May 17, 2008
Onlineise:

Ok that seems to be ruled out but can a letter from my PPA stand in gap since it has stated that i'll finish in august.

Sir,you dont need a letter from your PPA ooooo,Your business is with Nysc,dont complicate your application ok,Nysc supercedes your PPA and just follwo what I have said earlier on,you will be given and please draft a very good letter of Intent with your application,cause you need to prove to them that you know what you are doing and it is not because your service year wants to end,you are quickly looking for a fast means to escape the epileptic labour market in Nigera,Just an advice shal!Cheers
Re: Can I Apply For Student Visa Without A Letter From Nysc by 4Him1(m): 1:59pm On May 17, 2008
Dont complicate matters, say nothing about the NYSC . . . if peradventure you are asked you can tell them you will leave for the UK in Sept just before school starts and as soon as NYSC is over but that you wanted to make sure you obtained the Visa as quickly as possible.

I did similar a few yrs back and i didnt mention anything about NYSC even though i left a good 2 months before i was to finish.
Re: Can I Apply For Student Visa Without A Letter From Nysc by Onlineise(m): 2:19pm On May 17, 2008
Re: Can I Apply For Student Visa Without A Letter From Nysc by ty4real(m): 2:45pm On May 17, 2008
Onlineise:

but a column on the app. form asked that have I been doing since i left school (i left university in june 2007). I've got an unconditional offer from leeds and have paid the full fees, accomdation has been applied for and romms will be allocated in mid july then i can pay for that.

You are worrying yourself over nothing,theres been a change in the application forms,and there is no way you wont mention your NYSC exceprt you have something else to account for the period when you finished school and now and the only reasonable thing you can put there is that you are presently observing nysc which you will say will finish so so and so period (see attached copy of Nysc Id card.)
This new application forms which was introduced late last year,is very detailed and you have to be tactful in filling it !So bros talk about your Nysc,its a good leverage for you and i forsee them givin you your study visa wink wink

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk / Burj Dubai Dancing Fountain / 8 Reasons You Should Live In Port Harcourt At Least Once In Your Lifetime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.