Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:15 PM

Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal (38587 Views)

Emir Sanusi Prays At The Tomb Of Murtala Muhammed (Pic) / Corpse Of Murtala Muhammed In 1976 (pix) / Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2013
adaobi123: Wow I like. I can see an operating luggage carousel. grin

looks good on the inside but looks like a secondary school on the outside and yes,I had to pay $150 to get my shit outta that place after spending 3 hrs there becos i came with too many luggage
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 06, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
There's nothing as sweet as being on the side of the WINNING TEAM. I have NEVER supported any Nigeria politician (at the federal level) all my life. GEJ is the first and maybe the last.

I fell in love with GEJ from day one and the rest is history. The turning point was his sacking of Prof Maurice Iwu (I so much hated that man) and bringing on board of Prof Jega. I knew without doubt that ANY politician who insists (in deeds and words) on credible elections MUST perform.

All the while, I had no doubt that GEJ would deliver and would eventually become the FATHER of modern Nigeria. I was abused, blackmailed, persecuted, prosecuted, cursed, insulted and almost killed on NL for staying with my convictions. But day after day, my position is being vindicated.

I have been accused of being a paid agent. But that is a baseless accusation. I'm not being paid. Besides the fact that I ENJOY the fight that goes on here, my positions are born out of SINCERE convictions and GOOD conscience. Not that it is wrong or bad to be paid but the TRUTH is that I'm not being paid.

Also, I have no doubt my pay or rewards will come in the railway projects that will SOON be completed and commissioned across the country, the improving quality of federal roads, the Second Niger Bridge, Enugu International Airport, improved quality of the health sector, stable power supply,etc. For me, those are the things that matter.

By the way, I've been a fan of Barca for over 6yrs now so I know how it feels to be with a WINNING TEAM.

FRESH AIR everywhere you turn!
Wow... Well Said #TeamFreshAir
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2013
omoeso: Seriously, I don't know what people are celebrating here, I believe lots of guys praising all heaven here has not been to this airport before. The poster should extends his high praise pictures to some other areas and tell us how the government has really messed up this airport.
Starting from the parking lot, its a total disgrace. Even though the parking toll was increased 3months ago from N150-300 for cars and N200-400 for jeeps, the parking lot is a total disgrace. The roads are so terrible, pot-holes every corner and filled up with beggars and touts. I believe they should take a clue from the MM2 multi storey parking lot that was built my a private firm.
Another serious grey area is the departure/arrival lounge. not a single chair to sit down. u see travellers and users all sitting on the floor while some just spread cloths on the floor to sleep while waiting for their love ones. its indeed an eye-sore.
Well, I need not mention non existence of coffee centres, relaxation spots, non VIP restaurants etc. and yes, the almighty begging that goes on at the airport. right from the customs officials, to the immigrations and the so called SAHCOL officials that keeps begging you to give them money at every point. Annoying.
Mr poster, all this GEJ is working syndrome you are promoting here na wash. some of us surely know better. Try again.

So you wan relax for airport? This is not a recreational centre!! Add for restaurants, there's an "ok" coca colds themed restaurant in the D wing and BA/Virgin Atlantic lounge in the E Wing

Yes people beg and yes the car park needs attention...but keep in mind Rome was not built in a day

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 06, 2013
CFCfan:

GEJ's trip to China is among other things, to negotiate a $500 million loan which will be used to build 4 new international terminals in Lagos, Abuja, PH and Kano.
every year they must borrow money! Not much to show for it. Smh mortgaging the future of our children. Ngozi will tell you its a soft loan, flexible, blah blah blah. God will judge you people o.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by adrainuche(m): 1:19pm On Jul 06, 2013
Some irrelevant pundits would still have the ordersity and tenacity to insult GEJ !!! All I see is fresh Air even in NL !!! God is good !!!!
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Rossikk(m): 1:22pm On Jul 06, 2013
Fabulous job. Kudos to the federal govt for this.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
cold: GEJ is working,end of!I have suddenly become a fan. Just deal with the corruption in your government & i'll join the bandwagon to sing your praises to the high heavens
the man is trying, he surrounded himself with bad advisers and psycophants, hopefully he is thinking for himself now. I know in his heart he means well, but I must say I am oliver twist at the moment, and I hope he keeps up the good work
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2013
There is nothing classy in Nigeria airport. This is the only country both poor or rich that person PAY FOR TROLLEY. This is very shameful and the government know about the corrupt practice. They charge openly for trolley in MM airport.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by tpia5: 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2013
Other countries charge for trolleys too.

Everything cant be free, dear.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
Please which of the murtala is this? It looks like the local murtala airport because I came back through that international airport last sunday and the place was trash. I didn't see anything about the pics at the airport. Or is there another murtala airport although there is some parts that were closed due to ongoing constructions maybe they opened it up or so.

I must also say this that the Nigeria immigration and custom officers at the airport are one of the biggest problems we have at the airport, they are causing lots of nuisance to travellers going through the airport with their begging/ money collection via intimidation especially if you are a new traveller.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by stechi(m): 1:35pm On Jul 06, 2013
personally,maintenance of facilities and structures are key and this is the area where Nigeria lacks expertise and consistency.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 06, 2013
stechi: personally,maintenance of facilities and structures are key and this is the area where Nigeria lacks expertise and consistency.
Exactly.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by pek(m): 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2013
amarilo: Next face, a good parking lot that is automated and timed. Then drive all those guys hanging around like motherless adults.
phase you mean.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by crisycent: 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2013
I came back to 9ja last month and i wonder why the AC still doesn't work. What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by deletrue: 2:15pm On Jul 06, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
There's nothing as sweet as being on the side of the WINNING TEAM. I have NEVER supported any Nigeria politician (at the federal level) all my life. GEJ is the first and maybe the last.

I fell in love with GEJ from day one and the rest is history. The turning point was his sacking of Prof Maurice Iwu (I so much hated that man) and bringing on board of Prof Jega. I knew without doubt that ANY politician who insists (in deeds and words) on credible elections MUST perform.

All the while, I had no doubt that GEJ would deliver and would eventually become the FATHER of modern Nigeria. I was abused, blackmailed, persecuted, prosecuted, cursed, insulted and almost killed on NL for staying with my convictions. But day after day, my position is being vindicated.

I have been accused of being a paid agent. But that is a baseless accusation. I'm not being paid. Besides the fact that I ENJOY the fight that goes on here, my positions are born out of SINCERE convictions and GOOD conscience. Not that it is wrong or bad to be paid but the TRUTH is that I'm not being paid.

Also, I have no doubt my pay or rewards will come in the railway projects that will SOON be completed and commissioned across the country, the improving quality of federal roads, the Second Niger Bridge, Enugu International Airport, improved quality of the health sector, stable power supply,etc. For me, those are the things that matter.

By the way, I've been a fan of Barca for over 6yrs now so I know how it feels to be with a WINNING TEAM.

FRESH AIR everywhere you turn!
Young man, that is how this society is. There is nothing you indulge that nigerians will not run their mouth but there are those highly few reasonable nigerians that know who jona is. When i look at jona carefully, i just feel for him. He is so strangulated from both angles. But know it that nothing good comes easily. The one that pains me most is the so called Ameachi who is free to decamp to any where he feels but for where? He is just using the north to cause jona more trouble. But time shall tell. Am sure jona will be the best.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Fenomenom(m): 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2013
Last time i went there it was not like dis...kudos F.G
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by ITbomb(m): 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2013
doncaster: I blame GEJ this
GEJ must be jobless to do all these
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by kraftykc(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
GEJ has spent WELL OVER USD 30billion since he came to power and this is all he has to show for it? A working carousel and coal trains running again? The light rail project is being handled by CCECC a huge Chinese company on money BORROWED FROM THE CHINESE...what sort of stupid arrangement is that, paying the Chinese with their money and them owing them for it? Haba...GEJ is a total failure, MMIA cannot change that

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 06, 2013
Naija am proud of u.Well done GEJ .
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by kraftykc(m): 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2013
gboss4sure: Please which of the murtala is this? It looks like the local murtala airport because I came back through that international airport last sunday and the place was trash. I didn't see anything about the pics at the airport. Or is there another murtala airport although there is some parts that were closed due to ongoing constructions maybe they opened it up or so.

I must also say this that the Nigeria immigration and custom officers at the airport are one of the biggest problems we have at the airport, they are causing lots of nuisance to travellers going through the airport with their begging/ money collection via intimidation especially if you are a new traveller.

Another valid point, will they hire Chinese men as well to staff our airports? Anyway I don't blame GEJ for this, those twats in the airports are the worse sort of scum there is, they are only better than politicians and human traffickers.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by TechyGuy: 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2013
Imagine if GEJ didn't have to face the resistance of born-to-rule folks from up side and their military arm, Boko Commandos. All the funds, time, energy put into the distractions would have been used to better our lot.
Imagine how much more GEJ would have done.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by deletrue: 2:51pm On Jul 06, 2013
omoeso: Seriously, I don't know what people are celebrating here, I believe lots of guys praising all heaven here has not been to this airport before. The poster should extends his high praise pictures to some other areas and tell us how the government has really messed up this airport.
Starting from the parking lot, its a total disgrace. Even though the parking toll was increased 3months ago from N150-300 for cars and N200-400 for jeeps, the parking lot is a total disgrace. The roads are so terrible, pot-holes every corner and filled up with beggars and touts. I believe they should take a clue from the MM2 multi storey parking lot that was built my a private firm.
Another serious grey area is the departure/arrival lounge. not a single chair to sit down. u see travellers and users all sitting on the floor while some just spread cloths on the floor to sleep while waiting for their love ones. its indeed an eye-sore.
Well, I need not mention non existence of coffee centres, relaxation spots, non VIP restaurants etc. and yes, the almighty begging that goes on at the airport. right from the customs officials, to the immigrations and the so called SAHCOL officials that keeps begging you to give them money at every point. Annoying.
Mr poster, all this GEJ is working syndrome you are promoting here na wash. some of us surely know better. Try again.
Am sure you are the types that were over fed with baby food like nam etc. Just stand up where ever you are now and move a step forward, you will no doubt, raise one leg before another. Or are you one of those that walk with both legs the same time?
Inspite of all these reasonable advice, your likes will never learn. Those your complaints will only make sense after that project is commissioned and when they are left undone. Try to improve your level of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by danniekute(m): 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2013
BabaAlabi:
Did you not hear about the airplane that could not land because of a blackout at the airport? I agree that refurbishing some airports would increase economic value but that pales in comparison to what can be achieved if there's uninterrupted power..
it happened in Akwa Ibom(Uyo) not @ MMA. Olodo!
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Od31(m): 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2013
Oil_Cabal: Hiannnn[ shocked shocked shocked...... Is it international or domestic airport .... Cuz I just showed this to someone who jus left naija and did not see anything like this....

It is true, I left Nigeria recently, and I saw it. Some people dont just think that things can improve in Nigeria. The truth is, Work is really going on and this have improved greatly!
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Od31(m): 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2013

Point of Correction! there are VIP resturarant, relaxation spots, coffee centres! You really do not know MMA! after u pass customs to departures, you will see all these centres upstairs, you have them. So do say there are no VIP resturants, on your next trip, ask and you will be shown where they are! Maybe you have not been to Nigeria for quite some time!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2013
Loking goood mm2 ...
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by donem: 3:35pm On Jul 06, 2013
Nice seing same facilities i use to see @ Charles de Gualle AP at MMIA, Fresh air indeed.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by oviedike: 4:24pm On Jul 06, 2013
Ok. A for effort. But I think we should do much better than this. Google dubai airport 15 years ago and for dubai airport now. We have far more natural resources than the UAE and more population (which should be an advantage if harnessed).
What we lack which they have is LEADERSHIP. For those of us who've been there, have you had conversations with regular citizens e.g cab drivers? They talk about their leaders with so much respect, adoration, gratitude etc. The highest selling portrait or pics in dubai is of their leaders. Its everywhere. Peoples homes, in taxis, in hotels in malls, on skyscrapers etc even body tatoos. They can attack you if you speak bad of their leaders. They love them to death and who can blame them. I've been fortunate to travel to most part of the world. All the top cities. But up till now no one trips me like dubai because of the pace the development came. You know how they say rome wasn't built in a day? Well... dubai most certainly was. Finally, dubai gives me hope that one day God will have mercy on us and give us good leadership and nigeria can be rebuilt even if not 1 day... 20years will do.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by ewet: 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2013
What tht airport needs is real expansion and not cosmetic refurbishment. All te govt did was to merely add marbles to te floor and aluminium panels to the surface.

That airport is still damn too small considering its the busiest in west africa and considering the amount of money tht this project has gulped i call it big scam and heist of monstrous proportion by the FG.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by ewet: 4:29pm On Jul 06, 2013
Why not show us pics of the car park and the airport road leading to Oshodi and also the entire environment adjoining the airport. You are here showing us pics of the airport tht ordinarily wuld have passed off as local airport. Even MM2 is better looking than this hogwash of a airport tht you are busy making noise over.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by ewet: 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2013
Afam4eva:
I sure say your belle dey sweet you. These pictures go dey shame your enemies
Only If you were smart enuf to realise tht an airport terminal can easily be owned and ran by the state govt or private sector. We don not need GEJ to come build or remodel any airport for us. MM2 is a fantastic example at hand.

Dont com here and start deluding yourself tht people are being fooled by your asslicking antics.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mass Movement For Goodluck Dumps Jonathan For Buhari / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Electoral Violence And Disruptions In Lagos, Shares Video / Soldier Resigns After Lieutenant-Colonel SA Ochalla Starved Him And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.