Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) (28080 Views)

Tony Elumelu's Tweet On Fashola's Appointment / Check Out What Rochas Okorocha Did With The Photos He Took With Obama / Photos:Olusegun Obasanjo, Tony Elumelu With Vp Osibanjo in Abidjan (2) (3) (4)

Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Maxymilliano(m): 12:25am On Jul 06, 2013
1. Chairman Heirs Holdings, Mr. Tony O. Elumelu, discusses Africa's power sector transformation with US President Barack Obama during the President's tour of the Ubongo power plant near Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

2. With Donald Kaberuka, President of the African Development Bank at a panel discussion on investing in Africa organized by the Corporate Council on Africa (CCA) in Dar es Salaam, during President Obama’s visit to Tanzania.

3. With Warren Buffet at a dinner in New York hosted by Steve Forbes

4. U2 front-man and global advocacy campaigner Bono with Tony O. Elumelu, CON, in New York discussing new approaches to African development.

Tony Elumelu is the Chairman of Heirs Holdings, Heirs Holdings commitment of $2.5 bn to support the US govt's Power # Africa initiative is the single largest investment by any private sector organization. The investment is well underway with its $300 million purchase of Nigeria's best power asset at Ughelli in Delta.

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by BabaAlabi: 1:58am On Jul 06, 2013
See as that white guy dey fear
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by awodman: 2:03am On Jul 06, 2013
When Elumelu retired from Standard Trust Bank,people whr like why the heck..but here he is proving sceptics wrong..breaking new grounds and chasing the likes of dangote...I wish him the best...

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by chei: 2:08am On Jul 06, 2013
awodman: When Elumelu retired from Standard Trust Bank,

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by chei: 2:09am On Jul 06, 2013
I heard he graduated with a 3rd class?
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:17am On Jul 06, 2013
awodman: When Elumelu retired from Standard Trust Bank,people whr like why the heck..but here he is proving sceptics wrong..breaking new grounds and chasing the likes of dangote...I wish him the best...

From United Bank of Africa ( UBA)

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by awodman: 2:26am On Jul 06, 2013
ilugunboy:

From United Bank of Africa ( UBA)
Sorry..I know that Standard Trust Bank merged with the former UBA..the merger retained Standard Bank's Colour and UBA's name...am not certain if Elumelu headed the new UBA,just help me out dou..

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:35am On Jul 06, 2013
awodman:
Sorry..I know that Standard Trust Bank merged with the former UBA..the merger retained Standard Bank's Colour and UBA's name...am not certain if Elumelu headed the new UBA,just help me out dou..

He left the banking hall as the MD of UBA.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by jam04(m): 5:29am On Jul 06, 2013
I knew it!!!! When Tony was 'forced' out of UBA by the CBN regulation back the, I said to a colleague that he will be breaking new ground because he is resourceful and a massive risk taker. I've had the opportunity to meet him twice and I learned a lot from him. No wonder china biggest bank partnered with UBA when they wanted to enter Nigeria market( for easy financing of big chinese companies operating here)

OGA tony I still remember those words you said to me: continue to work smart and efficiently till you don't have to introduce yourself to anyone....TIMELESS!!!!

38 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by awodman: 6:25am On Jul 06, 2013
ilugunboy:

He left the banking hall as the MD of UBA.
Thanks for the correction bro...@ topic how I wish I can get a 30 mins with Tony....alot of questions on my mind...
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Maxymilliano(m): 6:55am On Jul 06, 2013
awodman:
Thanks for the correction bro...@ topic how I wish I can get a 30 mins with Tony....alot of questions on my mind...

Follow him on twitter via https://twitter.com/TonyOElumelu and ask your questions, he'll oblige you with a response ...

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 06, 2013
chei: I heard he graduated with a 3rd class?

That's not a good reason for you to have 2:2

37 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 7:07am On Jul 06, 2013
Is that Bono of U2 band in the last pix?
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Maxymilliano(m): 7:14am On Jul 06, 2013
rodeo0070: Is that Bono of U2 band in the last pix?

Yup!
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by vizboy(m): 7:17am On Jul 06, 2013
I like the man no dulling
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 06, 2013
Yes and you graduated with 4th class.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 06, 2013
Does first class guarantee overall achievement.

Paper qualification is insignificant and is not a parameter for attaining success but your ability to expand your capabilities in diverse sphere of endeavour to accomplish result.

May be Bill Gate also got 1st class from Harvard!!!

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 06, 2013
jam04: I knew it!!!! When Tony was 'forced' out of UBA by the CBN regulation back the, I said to a colleague that he will be breaking new ground because he is resourceful and a massive risk taker. I've had the opportunity to meet him twice and I learned a lot from him. No wonder china biggest bank partnered with UBA when they wanted to enter Nigeria market( for easy financing of big chinese companies operating here)

OGA tony I still remember those words you said to me: continue to work smart and efficiently till you don't have to introduce yourself to anyone....TIMELESS!!!!

If you do that and with some measure of good luck...you eat with Kings and Presidents of nations.

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by awodman: 7:54am On Jul 06, 2013
Maxymilliano:

Follow him on twitter via https://twitter.com/TonyOElumelu and ask your questions, he'll oblige you with a response ...
Am already following him..will try and send a question..never knew he might have the time to reply..
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 06, 2013
Obama, buffet and U2 lead singer Bono...wow!
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 06, 2013
This man sef. He didn't accomplish anything extraordinary as UBA helmsman, but I must admit that he is highly adept at personal branding and 'strategic positioning'.

He is a very smooth operator.

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by AbuMikey(m): 9:39am On Jul 06, 2013
jam04: I knew it!!!! When Tony was 'forced' out of UBA by the CBN regulation back the, I said to a colleague that he will be breaking new ground because he is resourceful and a massive risk taker. I've had the opportunity to meet him twice and I learned a lot from him. No wonder china biggest bank partnered with UBA when they wanted to enter Nigeria market( for easy financing of big chinese companies operating here)

Noted!!

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Desric(m): 9:58am On Jul 06, 2013
Big boy Tony, flex nothing do u! I like your style and carriage in fact I will always fan you any day any time.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by dridowu: 10:15am On Jul 06, 2013
Olorun oba ma gba gbe mi oooooooo

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by onyeguy: 10:16am On Jul 06, 2013
Abeg make I ask oh. When Obama is planning for Nigeria tour?
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by kettykin: 10:18am On Jul 06, 2013

Bill Gates, Mark Zuckeberg and Steve Jobs don't even have any degrees

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Monzuur(m): 10:19am On Jul 06, 2013
*yawn*....Where wil i get condom dis mornin ooooooo chai! I must f*ck dis b*tch 2day ooooo
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by alphaconde(m): 10:22am On Jul 06, 2013
One day people will discus my photographs like this. They wouldn't even bother about what I have to say, my pictures will be enough to keep dem busy.

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by elampiro(m): 10:33am On Jul 06, 2013
Hmmm.... The biggest capitalist. UBA enslaved its workers for years and didn't pay well until this year. Many contract staff used as cheap labour while those at the top high filled their pockets through policies which favoured only them. Greed!

I can never envy such people. He also can never be my role model.

If proper investigation where to be carried out and the public notified, such people will not receive any public praise.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by lifestyle1(m): 10:33am On Jul 06, 2013

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Theflint1(m): 10:34am On Jul 06, 2013
*yawns*but the topic is boring
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by oluagness(m): 10:40am On Jul 06, 2013
working and praying to join this cabal. Lord, let my dream be materialised IJN...

Live Update Of PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Abeokuta(photos) / Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige / Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari?