Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University (23225 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Girl Bags First Class From A UK University / How You Study When You have a Ph.D in Reading / Started ICAN In SS3, Bags First-Class At 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by horlabiyi(m): 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2013
Where is he/her picture ? + what's the importance of this news if I may ask ?
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Mogidi2: 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
@yettak90 and @hollandis

Bad belle go kill una.
You guys didn't aee where she won the chancellor award among other awards. Come to think of it, she also won numerous awards in Nigeria.

Why not win your own awards and make Nigeria proud?
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Ichel: 7:49pm On Sep 03, 2013
Ebig22: Thank God for him
Dis dude didn't read d write up.
B4 i 4get, let me join d prophets nd say E.T.T
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Christmasdon(m): 7:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
.i must say this girl is still a learner. She should have bagged first class in economics for now she will be heading towards suceeding okonjo iweala. Atleast! Kudos to her anyway.
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Osarieme415(m): 7:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
Kudos to her...She has done Nigeria proud
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 03, 2013
hollandis: Stupid news.I got a first class from royal holloway . electrical electronics. Should I let the whole world know?
No

Why? Because in my class that year 20 other people bagged first class.
Crazy news mtchewwww
hollandis: And I finished my final exams @19 yrs ..got thr certificaye few months after I turned 20
Bloody narcissist. It does show in your writing skills. You apparently also bagged a first in badbelleism, yes?
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 03, 2013
hollandis: Stupid news.I got a first class from royal holloway .electrical electronics.Should I let the whole world know?
No

Crazy news mtchewwww

I'm sure she isn't the only Nigerian that has bagged a first class from a foreign university, but luck has it that it had to be published and made news.

So just celebrate her. No need for the hate smiley
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by AbuMikey(m): 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2013
hollandis: Stupid news.I got a first class from royal holloway .electrical electronics.Should I let the whole world know?
No

Crazy news mtchewwww
hollandis: And I finished my final exams @19 yrs ..got thr certificaye few months after I turned 20
From Me to Youangry

2 Likes

Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Rcodor(m): 8:22pm On Sep 03, 2013
[quote author=mars123]she was ahead of me a year in same school.im happy 4 her.

source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/20-year-old-nigerian-bags-first-class-degree-in-law-at-uk-university/152510/#.UdflGaHdoz8.

If I was in first class, my was would seem to be the happiest man still alive.
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by dnative(m): 8:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
yettak90: Whilst this is a good thing, it's hardly "national news".

We have to stop aggrandizing every small achievement by Nigerians, just because we're looking for something to celebrate. True, First Class no be beans; but it is a small achievement in the grand scheme of things.

I think a "better" thing to celebrate would be the Nigerian researchers abroad who do more meaningful work. One of my secondary school mates (still an undergrad) recently had a paper accepted at a major conference in her field (can't drop her name as I haven't cleared this with her). At the research group where I worked last year, we had a Nigerian postdoc with a DPhil from Cambridge... and there are lots of others doing research at one level or another.

To be fair, getting a 1st from a 3yr course where they disregard your first year results isn't exactly hard.

However, I'm happy for her and I can imagine how proud her parents must be.

"Better to light a candle than curse the darkness".

Actually easier and quicker to say 'well done you' and move on than this long epistle. I could be a first class undergrad, master's distinction and a phd holder here but shouldn't stop me from saying 'well done'.
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by yettak90: 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
Mogidi2: @yettak90 and @hollandis

Bad belle go kill una.
You guys didn't aee where she won the chancellor award among other awards. Come to think of it, she also won numerous awards in Nigeria.

Why not win your own awards and make Nigeria proud?

I don't have anything to prove to anybody. I got a 1st and then a distinction in my Masters, both from a uni that's not Oxbridge, but is definitely higher ranked than Reading (Top 10, according to most tables). But that's besides the point.

I'd feel embarrassed if a NATIONAL paper wrote about any of that... because there's nothing exceptional in it.

Lots of students from other nations get good grades in school, but it's only in Nigeria where it becomes national news.

This reminds me of the other girl a few years ago that was in the news for getting a 1st from Middlesex. Middlesex!

What's she up to now?
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by MANOSUB(m): 8:59pm On Sep 03, 2013
A good news to be told. Nice one there
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Softing(m): 9:03pm On Sep 03, 2013
Any body way D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ always wish end of time tins to this world na e generation go see am.. If you nor no watin u wan talk u nor go sleep idiota....
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 03, 2013
Congrats osarieme,so many ist class materials here in our country,d good environment favours them in foreign universities,we do theories here without practicals,thanks to ASUU and FG,I was supposed to graduate last month,thanks to ASUU strike
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by tellwisdom: 9:09pm On Sep 03, 2013
Cheap grade undecided
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by sanspiffy(m): 9:34pm On Sep 03, 2013
Oh my God, My school. Not surprised though Nigerian students at reading uni are brilliant and hardworking. Congrats to her smiley
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Amadaz(m): 9:50pm On Sep 03, 2013
if u check am well na ogbanje
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by eazzzy1(m): 10:00pm On Sep 03, 2013
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 03, 2013
Congrats to her but I wonder ow this really is news. Nigerians get 1st class from U.K all the time. It is not even from a prestigious school like Cambridge, Oxford, havard, imperial college, MIT, Urbana, Illinois etc. Perhaps a first class from such schools would be noteworthy. Anyway let me also give my support of #team ETT by saying. End time tinzzz.
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by sapien(m): 10:59pm On Sep 03, 2013
12 inches!:
Congrats to her but I wonder ow this really is news. Nigerians get 1st class from U.K all the time. It is not even from a prestigious school like Cambridge, Oxford, havard, imperial college, MIT, Urbana, Illinois etc. Perhaps a first class from such schools would be noteworthy. Anyway let me also give my support of #team ETT by saying. End time tinzzz.
Bloody hater!
Reading University is still more prestigious than all your strike prone Universities in Nigeria!
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by ajf(m): 11:22pm On Sep 03, 2013
No pic?? I open thread to see if the girl go make sense una no add pinshor, I rush enter source, again, no pinshor...... God go help me punish una for wasting my mb. *hisses* *storms out of thread*
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by tana4gud(f): 11:23pm On Sep 03, 2013
No

Crazy news mtchewwww
clap 4 urself

1 Like

Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by tana4gud(f): 11:25pm On Sep 03, 2013
abeg make u still clap 4 urself again
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by sanspiffy(m): 11:45pm On Sep 03, 2013
12 inches!:
Reading is not a prestigious uni? What a tool
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Google63(m): 11:47pm On Sep 03, 2013
crisycent: We too sabi book for Edo State grin grin grin grin
end time tinz
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Vladm(m): 12:08am On Sep 04, 2013
ASUU strike no affect her ni?
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Greaaat: 5:09am On Sep 04, 2013

Save it for the birds
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by yormite: 7:00am On Sep 04, 2013
I also want to bag a degree in d university two years to come if ASUU allow me i refused to say end time tins
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Kayfakto(m): 7:56am On Sep 04, 2013
congrats....
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Prudenceduru(f): 9:03am On Sep 04, 2013
mars123: she was ahead of me a year in same school.im happy 4 her.

source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/20-year-old-nigerian-bags-first-class-degree-in-law-at-uk-university/152510/#.UdflGaHdoz8.

she was ahead of me too in igbinedion education centre, edo stata.... really happy for her
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Prudenceduru(f): 9:04am On Sep 04, 2013
Ebig22: Thank God for him
its a her
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by princeduke2013: 10:23am On Sep 04, 2013
the nigerian education is too bad.so difficult to get first class in dis country.if nah uk I dey ni.life wud have been easy especially after experiencing the education system of dis country.thank God sha.I don moove on.if u have a 2.1 in dis country den I guarantee ur ist class out der cos dey ve made schoolin so easy for them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Spiritual Benefits Of Alligator Pepper / Second Term Scheme Of Work And Plan Lesson Note For Primary Schools / How Do I Check The Institution I Chosen I Jamb Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.