Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,380 members, 7,800,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice (3565 Views)

Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? / Pls Help, He Needs Business Advice On How To Suceed As A Startup Biz In Nigeria / What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by spothot: 7:31pm On Jul 06, 2013
I am a teacher here in Lagos with about N500,000 in my bank account but honestly don’t really know what investments to make to augment my salary as i plan to marry soon. Pls nairalanders, what business can i venture in considering the fact that i only have time after school hours except on weekends & during holidays?
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 06, 2013
spothot: I am a teacher here in Lagos with about N500,000 in my bank account but honestly don’t really know what investments to make to augment my salary as i plan to marry soon. Pls nairalanders, what business can i venture in considering the fact that i only have time after school hours except on weekends & during holidays?
contruction industry supply of building materials, sharp sand, granites, alluminium in trips, FMCG- distribution and sale of assorted drinks, restaurant biz, confectioneries, cake making, pizza and burgers, event planning, wedding e.t.c. or open a drugstore and hire a pharmacist, nigerians in terms of health are illiterate, when they feel discomfort, they first thing they ask for is mericine. you can start your own daycare, creche or even school, so long as there is market nothing is impossible...remember you are in lagos with very high population, this is the best decision you will be making.
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by spothot: 7:49pm On Jul 06, 2013
@aggrippa can u pls be more specific detailed-wise
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by karlxavier(m): 7:53pm On Jul 06, 2013
@ agripa, please can you elabourate more on granite supply because I've heard abt it much...
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 06, 2013
karlxavier: @ agripa, please can you elabourate more on granite supply because I've heard abt it much...
be humble and mingle with peeps in construction industry to get the details.have done my best tonight on enlightenment hope u guys will use this info
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by Originalsly: 8:09pm On Jul 06, 2013
Why not invest in education? Do you have a reputation of being a very good teacher?... and what subjects? I would suggest you give after school lessons in two subject areas....and lessons geared for a particular exam.You can rent a place short term...but aim to build a small open building to hold classes and that can double as a reception hall for small weddings, meetings etc. You already know the shortfalls of the education system so why venture into the unknown?

1 Like

Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by spothot: 11:12pm On Jul 06, 2013
@originalsly thanks it's a good idea but i also need to explore other possibilities
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by cameronese(m): 12:55am On Jul 07, 2013
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by coolscott(m): 3:59am On Jul 07, 2013
Sir, if you do exactly what I tell you, you will be earning not less than =N=100,000 every month for the next 10 months and you will have all the time you want/need to be a good father, teacher and husband without breaking a sweat.

You do not have to give me any money. Just follow the steps I will tell you to take. All I ask for in return is whenever you make more money than =N=100,000 let me have the excess.

You don't have to monitor supply trucks.

You don't have to raise livestock (which as the name implies, are alive, and can therefore die if not well taken care of)

Spend hours you should spend teaching trying to pursue this business. You do not need that extra stress from your employers and from life.

No stocking of goods. Just do exactly what I say you should do and welcome your 100k-a-month stream of income in
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by spothot: 7:20am On Jul 07, 2013
...pls continue
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by cameronese(m): 8:07am On Jul 07, 2013
spothot: ...pls continue

Yes, that's what you what to hear - no work yet be making loads of money. It is easier to loose money than to earn money!
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
spothot such does not exist...dont listen to that...so long as you are on earth you have to continue breaking a sweat, paying through everyday to deserve to live. not many have small scale biz, many a graduate still chasing non-existent white colar jobs govt refused to create...you can even start a bakery that will outlive you now...this is a golden opportunity.

1 Like

Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 07, 2013
Spothot i have friend of mine whose mum is a teacher. his mum is also. into fashion, she has to travel all the way to Kano to buy clothes and jewlries from dubai, a single sale can fetch up to 10,000 naira. life is not easy one has to huzzle...you have to be socialite person to succeed in biz...check entreprenuers very well you will find they mingle alot...going into will bring you before great men and all manner of people...it will increase ur social status.
finally.......Cameronese has done enough justice in addressing your quest, with what he put up there, you have absolutely no worries....
lastly....please hold God very tight, there are powerful witches dt are out there to wreck biz.

1 Like

Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by spothot: 1:02pm On Jul 07, 2013
@aggrippa & caramonese I'm not looking for a get-rich quick scheme. Just wanted him to complete his post.
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
spothot: @aggrippa & caramonese I'm not looking for a get-rich quick scheme. Just wanted him to complete his post.
OK
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by coolscott(m): 1:09pm On Jul 07, 2013
Mr. Olu once announced to his fellow villagers that he had learnt how to walk on water.

His fellow townsmen of course did not believe him.

But for a long time, he disturbed everyone so much about it that everyone decided they would fix a date for him to publicly display his ability, or be publicly finally silenced.

At least, after he had failed, they would all have rest.

Some wanted him to be disgraced, others just wanted to help him out of his illusion.

On that fateful day, everyone gathered.

Olu stood in front of the crowd ready to do what they all knew only Jesus had done.

He took his first step in, in front of the silent crowd.

He took the next step.

and the next,

and then next,

and the next...

until he reached the other side.

Everyone was cheering, dumbfounded and astonished.

He came back over and in addressing the crowd, He told them:

"I AM NOT THE MAN WHO CAN WALK ON WATER. I AM JUST THE MAN WHO KNOWS WHERE THE STONES ARE"

@spothot, I DO KNOW where the stones are. If you want to know where the stones are, call 07043515108 and I will tell you how to take your first step.

Thanks
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by coputa(m): 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
Hello..invest your money in school biz...look for a highly populated area ,rent a land ,build a modest school there...employ a principal to manage it for you.....this is the best investment for you.
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by coolscott(m): 2:33pm On Jul 07, 2013
I think I know what I will do. I will make public my money-making activities.Right now, anyone who wants to get the information I offered to give to spothot will get it free of charge.

But when I make it public, anyone who wants it (including the previous doubters) will have pay through their teeth.

That will be their reward for poor judgement
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2013
coputa: Hello..invest your money in school biz...look for a highly populated area ,rent a land ,build a modest school there...employ a principal to manage it for you.....this is the best investment for you.
I agree....This is the best for Spothot since he/she has lot of experience here and knows what it takes and what is involved rather than venturing into the unknown.
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by yakubea(m): 3:16pm On Jul 07, 2013
i do not think that the so called teacher get #500000,if he have,it can be invested in forex trading.it will be better yielding every month.i am not saying he should trade himself.it can be invested through fund manager.
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by delaruh(m): 6:50pm On Jul 07, 2013
I don't have any biz idea for you but I will just only let you know that the fact that you are a teacher doesn't guarantee you to do well in running a school business. You may have passion and be skillful in teaching and not good in the school business in terms of management .....please think twice before you quit your teaching job for ur personal school or better still learn how to run school business in the school which you are before setting up your own.

1 Like

Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by spothot: 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2013
coputa: Hello..invest your money in school biz...look for a highly populated area ,rent a land ,build a modest school there...employ a principal to manage it for you.....this is the best investment for you.
.start a school business with N500,000? I think that's way too little 'cos it's capital intensive
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by spothot: 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2013
delaruh: I don't have any biz idea for you but I will just only let you know that the fact that you are a teacher doesn't guarantee you to do well in running a school business. You may have passion and be skillful in teaching and not good in the school business in terms of management .....please think twice before you quit your teaching job for ur personal school or better still learn how to run school business in the school which you are before setting up your own.
...you are quite right in a way. Moreover i don't intend quitting my teaching job. ..just need additional venture on the sidelines to augment my income
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by coolscott(m): 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
yakubea: i do not think that the so called teacher get #500000,if he have,it can be invested in forex trading.it will be better yielding every month.i am not saying he should trade himself.it can be invested through fund manager.

Actually, I am a forex fund manager and I do have a way to make our teacher's funds grow without him giving them to me, trading it remotely.

When a thing sounds too good to be true, when actually it is not, it is hard for the mind to believe.

Take a look at my other nairaland post here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1349939/grow-forex-account-100-3
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by spothot: 9:24pm On Jul 07, 2013
i'm actually new to FOREX but from what i've heard, it's highly volatile
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by coputa(m): 10:02pm On Jul 07, 2013
#500.000 is enough to start a modest school..,rent a small land..build five classrooms..you can raise the block halfway and take it up with plyboard..you will start with kg and primary..just employ a reliable pricipal,preferably a female,you will be suprised how it will grow...this business will be easy for you to monitor since you have first hand knowledge of how it works,,who knows it may grow to become the place you will fall back to after your retirement...if you decided to go for a biz that you know nothing about,there's 98 percent chance that you will lose your money,.
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by coolscott(m): 11:31pm On Jul 07, 2013
spothot: i'm actually new to FOREX but from what i've heard, it's highly volatile

It is volatile and that is why knowledge and experience make the difference
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by Dakoba: 1:28am On Jul 08, 2013
[/color][color=#000000][color=#006600][/color]All with 500k?
All with 500k?
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by coputa(m): 5:46am On Jul 08, 2013
Nobody makes money from forex,trading except those that sells e-bonks,and host semimars..forex trading has fustrated many nigerians,..
Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by coputa(m): 6:23am On Jul 08, 2013
@op if you don't like the sbhool business,you can opt for buying and selling of fast moving products....rent a small shop in a highly populated area,,don't go for a big and expensive shop..stock it with things like; bags of rice,(small),4 litres of vegetable and palm oil,,b.ags of sachet salt,carton of tin tomatoes,maggi and curry spices...you can also add carton of biscuit,sachet drinks like multina sip it,BoBo and lacasera....retail to both individual and small retail outlet in your area......my friend,the money you have with you is much and its a gold mine..please make good use of it.,run away fron all online businesses....i will post other good business you can do that will transform your life..

2 Likes

Re: A Teacher With N500,000 Needs Business Advice by nairafx: 7:34am On Jul 08, 2013
@ Op, some1 advised u abt granite biz. It is a gud idea. Check my recent posts as I have a tokunbo trailer head & needs some1 to partner so that we buy a bucket body. With this, u will earn cool money wkly. We will be working around Ogun, Oyo & Ibadan. Call me on 08130552321 or email fxpronaija@gmail.com.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Raises Advisory Panel On Fuel Subsidy Removal / Need Help Registering A Cooperative Society - Esusu / 50crates Of Empty 50cl Coca Cola Bottles For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.