Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... (27652 Views)

Earthquake in San Francisco / BREAKING NEWS: Boeing 777 Crashes At San Francisco International Airport / Helicopter Crashes In Central London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Awoofawo(m): 12:51pm On Jul 07, 2013
SEUN MAKE YOU TELL YOUR PEOPLE TO STOP HIDING MY POST! WETIN SELF DEY DO DIS PEEP GAN? WHERE IS SPIRIT OF DEMOCRACY AND FREEDOM OF SPEECH IN THIS POOPOOLAND SELF? YOU COULD AS WELL COMMOT ALL FOR YOUR SITE! SEUN DON'T BE A DICTATOR, ALLOW REASONABLE FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION DIVERSITY! BUT IF YOU LIKE BAN ME OR HIDE THIS ONE TOO, NA YOUR PROB! ABOUT TIME I BAN MYSELF FOR THIS SITE JARE!
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by supaeagles(m): 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2013
lekkie073: So, planes crash land in USA too? Thought it happens only in naija shocked .
yes oh ... and I just learned that people also sheet in USA smiley

1 Like

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by canalily(m): 12:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
Awoofawo:

bros bone your yeye admonish joor! make i leave wetin? God don't condem drinking but drinking in excess (drunker). so sipping alomo once a whilie no be sin o! aren't jesus turned water to wine and also partake in drinking of it! stop mixing God's theology with philosophy of men! most of the things we taken for granted in christiandom are actually devil and his host tricks, to lead us astray! what God and jesus don't condem, don't condem it!
LOL! buh a beg no break my head wit d bottle as u drink on!
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Princek12(m): 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
Aikayy:

Dude, were u sold into slavery Ur masters must be so proud of u!!!!

How many slaves did you sell to the white man? How many members of your family did you give away to the white man in exchange for 7 cups of akamu?

1 Like

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Revolva(m): 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
Plane crash happens everywhere you guys have ween how westerners prevent their to make it less casualities by atyending prompt to issues...if na naija now the plane go crash land enter agege ontop person roof killin both those wey no buy tiket or never enter planne before

1 Like

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by timmy7(m): 1:14pm On Jul 07, 2013
Lordave: now I know you ain't making real use of your head dude
oga leave sentiments aside jor! The point is that accidents like this are sometimes inevitable but how prepared are the authorities in minimizing such fatality? What others are trying to point out in essence is that, given similar circumstance in Nigeria and not just Nigeria alone it would be fatal, one instance came to my mind- sosoliso air crash in 2005 quite similar to this, flight took off from abuja and crash landed at PortHarcourt airport bursting to flames. I remember pastor Bimbo Odukoya along side some school children died in that crash with only two persons reported to have survived from 110 aboard.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by disloman(m): 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2013
Awoofawo: SEUN MAKE YOU TELL YOUR PEOPLE TO STOP HIDING MY POST! WETIN SELF DEY DO DIS PEEP GAN? WHERE IS SPIRIT OF DEMOCRACY AND FREEDOM OF SPEECH IN THIS POOPOOLAND SELF? YOU COULD AS WELL COMMOT ALL FOR YOUR SITE! SEUN DON'T BE A DICTATOR, ALLOW REASONABLE FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION DIVERSITY! BUT IF YOU LIKE BAN ME OR HIDE THIS ONE TOO, NA YOUR PROB! ABOUT TIME I BAN MYSELF FOR THIS SITE JARE!
Guy,i feel ur pain.its crazy pple just hidden pple's opinions.this issue of religion,no one can stops it.gat to let us educate ourselves.we can change our orientation.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by cupid4ig(m): 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2013
hurricaneChris: Me think say plane no de crash for obodo oyibo?

Lol even in US waiting to hear the lame xcuses as a cover to their imperfections.

Thanks to God though
u be real ooooddddddeeeeee just read what u just wrote and tell me if make sense to u
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Synthase(m): 2:16pm On Jul 07, 2013
No wonder dem dey hide your post grin
Awoofawo:

bros bone your yeye admonish joor! make i leave wetin? God don't condem drinking but drinking in excess (drunker). so sipping alomo once a whilie no be sin o! aren't jesus turned water to wine and also partake in drinking of it! stop mixing God's theology with philosophy of men! most of the things we taken for granted in christiandom are actually devil and his host tricks, to lead us astray! what God and jesus don't condem, don't condem it!
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by naptu2: 2:22pm On Jul 07, 2013
timmy7:
oga leave sentiments aside jor! The point is that accidents like this are sometimes inevitable but how prepared are the authorities in minimizing such fatality? What others are trying to point out in essence is that, given similar circumstance in Nigeria and not just Nigeria alone it would be fatal, one instance came to my mind- sosoliso air crash in 2005 quite similar to this, flight took off from abuja and crash landed at PortHarcourt airport bursting to flames. I remember pastor Bimbo Odukoya along side some school children died in that crash with only two persons reported to have survived from 110 aboard.

SOSOLISO PLANE CRASH.

1) Lack of a weather warning system. The plane tried to land while a massive storm was lashing the area.

2) The runway lights were off because of a power cut. There was no electricity generator at the airport.

3) The pilot tried to land, but was unable to see the runway, so he decided to go around. The missed approach procedure was carried out incorrectly, and the aircraft struck the ground approximately 70 meters left of the runway. It collided heavily with a concrete drainage culvert, disintegrated and caught fire.

4) Many passengers survived the initial impact, but were killed by the fire. There was only one fire truck at the airport. There was no water.

5) There were no ambulances at the airport.

6) Unauthorised people were allowed on the tarmac after the crash.

1 Like

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 07, 2013
naptu2:

SOSOLISO PLANE CRASH.

1) Lack of a weather warning system. The plane tried to land while a massive storm was lashing the area.

2) The runway lights were off because of a power cut. There was no electricity generator at the airport.

3) The pilot tried to land, but was unable to see the runway, so he decided to go around. The missed approach procedure was carried out incorrectly, and the aircraft struck the ground approximately 70 meters left of the runway. It collided heavily with a concrete drainage culvert, disintegrated and caught fire.

4) Many passengers survived the initial impact, but were killed by the fire. There was only one fire truck at the airport. There was no water.

5) There were no ambulances at the airport.

6) Unauthorised people were allowed on the tarmac after the crash.

I knew lack of water was a major issue at the time of this disaster, making the lone fire tender useless. I wasn't aware of the non-existent weather warning system, ambulance and no power to light up the runway.

Thank you for making this clear - Nigeria has a long, long, long way to go. And this isn't being unpatriotic, this is plain fact.

2 Likes

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Awoofawo(m): 2:28pm On Jul 07, 2013
Synthase: No wonder dem dey hide your post grin

WETIN PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG IN WHAT YOU JUST QUOTED NOW! SE I DEY LIE? NO MAKE ME JAM YOU AS HE DEY DO ME TODAY!
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Awoofawo(m): 2:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
I may not agree with you but that don't mean I didn't got your points! human being see things differently and form their opinions base on their core emotional value! one man right is another man wrong! every things in life is open to debate/stylish interpretion! SEUN CALM DOWN, WE ARE NOT IN KG! LET PEEP HAVE THEIR SAY, EVERY CONTRIBUTION OF OPINION IS A VALUABLE KNOWLEDGE! don say my own o! nairaland o ni ba je o!
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Awoofawo(m): 2:52pm On Jul 07, 2013
canalily: LOL! buh a beg no break my head wit d bottle as u drink on!

bros no prob! you go com join me? no fear, alomo and orisirisi BBC (beautiful,bedable,chic) dey for ground hia! holla me for your own #awo
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Lordave: 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2013
A-ZeD:

Please can't you guys use your brain? Someone has posted earlier that Nigeria is older than Singapore but does that make Nigeria better?
and I implore you to use your brain too. The guy that posted that Nigeria is older than Singapore argued that despite the fact that we are older than Singapore doesn't make us more advanced or develop than Singapore. And Obviously this is what I've been talking about, silly comparisons . Now lets talk about it:
Nigeria is more than 900k sqk in landmass.
We are more than 160million in population.
There are over 30 states and 200 ethnic groups in Nigeria.
Is there any data about Singapore?
Mind you America is larger than Nigeria and Singapore combined, still they are older.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by denitro(m): 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2013
*From 1995-2009 there has been nine airline crashes in USA.
www.foxnews.com/story/2009/02/13/list-deadly-commercial-us-airline-crashes/

*The USA can reduce the casualties because they have the necessary equipment; the equipment most often times are their invention.

*Workers in the USA from the president to cleaner take their jobs seriously and are accountable. Most Nigerian emergency personnel/government workers do not take their jobs seriously.

*Finally the USA works effectively because the people in it are efficient but that cannot be said about Nigeria.

*Moral of the story blame the right set of people for faults: blame the fire personnels/emergency staff/scientists not the president or governor in situations like this.

*note: USA has more airline crashes than Nigeria but Nigeria has more casualties/ death per crash.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by canalily(m): 6:13pm On Jul 07, 2013
denitro:
This thing no bi shark? Na shark naa! Bro u need protein? Its not lyk jet.

1 Like

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 07, 2013
Lordave: use your head!
This crash happened in the airport, so there were so many security personnel and fire fighters around/in the airport, that's why they were able to quickly put off the fire and avert more disaster.
Now, could this have been the story if this crash happened in a bush or in an isolated place?
so the sosoliso crash dt happened in ph airport and took many lives was in a bush abi?

2 Likes

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by dorox(m): 9:17am On Jul 08, 2013
ifihearam:

the man is talking sense,you are the one finding it very difficult to comprehend common simple english.

he say the reason why dem fit help the people inside the plane na becos na for inside airport the plane for crash land,he come still say,if na inside bush the plane for crash like he dey happen for nigeria,he noe sure say most of the people go survive am.
You and your friend are both wrong. Have you forgotten the Sosoliso Airline flight 1145 that crash landed in Port Harcourt airport en-route from Abuja? Of the 110 people on board that flight, only two survived, five died in the hospital from 3rd degree burns, and the rest were burnt to death right there in the airport. The Nigerian Civil Aviation Agency agreed in their report that had there been a functioning and quick emergency response to the accident, more lives could have been saved.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 / An Abomination’: Pelosi Leads Outcry On Supreme Court Draft Abortion Ruling / Airforce One, Marine One Fleet Grounded As 3 White House Reporters Test Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.