Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,334 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? (440424 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany, How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by urchman101(m): 11:03pm On May 01, 2016
Please anybody applying to Technical University in Munich should no bother certifying his or her documents at the high Court. They will reject it. Please use a notary public lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Eke40seven(m): 12:54am On May 02, 2016
urchman101:
Please anybody applying to Technical University in Munich should no bother certifying his or her documents at the high Court. They will reject it. Please use a notary public lawyer.
Well, it's not necessarily about where the notarisation is done, high court or a notary public, it's about meeting the specific requirements stipulatated by these schools. Mine was done at a high court in Ikeja and it was accepted.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by urchman101(m): 1:07pm On May 02, 2016
Eke40seven:

Well, it's not necessarily about where the notarisation is done, high court or a notary public, it's about meeting the specific requirements stipulatated by these schools. Mine was done at a high court in Ikeja and it was accepted.
OK, but please was your application to Technical University of Munich?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Eke40seven(m): 1:49pm On May 02, 2016
urchman101:

OK, but please was your application to Technical University of Munich?
That's where I school.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by urchman101(m): 3:09pm On May 02, 2016
Eke40seven:
That's where I school.
OK. I got a mail from them stating that the certification I did was not ok. So I have certified it by a notary public lawyer. Hope to resend it tomorrow.

Please what is TUM like? What course are you studying? Masters or Bachelors?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Atigba: 5:46pm On May 02, 2016
urchman101:
I did my own in high court

Why did they reject your own? although I never summit

My own after the rubber stamp they put a red seal in the document and matched it with their round iron stamp showing high court and emblem
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by chaiks: 6:02pm On May 02, 2016
@tensazangetsu,tnks for your guide. I have already mailed Zurich Institute of technology. I'll be expecting their reply. Please which other world uni do you think I should consider. Found university of Westminster in UK but it ranked 115 in UK. For Erasmus one, couldn't find my course there. Lest say I decide to apply for an Erasmus course related to my study like gender studies or globed, do you think one I'll be favored. I only have one year pre university job experience and then one year NYSC teaching experience with no internship experience. I'll still need your contact for more pressing issue if you don't mind.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by urchman101(m): 10:31am On May 03, 2016
Atigba:

I did my own in high court

Why did they reject your own? although I never summit

My own after the rubber stamp they put a red seal in the document and matched it with their round iron stamp showing high court and emblem

They said it was not properly certified.
From what you have described, I strongly believe yours can pass.
Mine had no seal.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Atigba: 10:42am On May 03, 2016
urchman101:

They said it was not properly certified.
From what you have described, I strongly believe yours can pass.
Mine had no seal.
Ok
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Atigba: 10:53am On May 03, 2016
Eke40seven:
That's where I school.
Oga Eke40seven

Please I need your help. Am finding it difficult to fill an excel form I downloaded from TUM website

They instructed me to use my transcript to fill the form ECT credit total sum120 and credit graded 90

Fill and submit as hard copy

Is confusing I don't know how to convert my courses to equal the 120 and the grade as well
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Eke40seven(m): 12:48pm On May 03, 2016
Atigba:

Oga Eke40seven

Please I need your help. Am finding it difficult to fill an excel form I downloaded from TUM website

They instructed me to use my transcript to fill the form ECT credit total sum120 and credit graded 90

Fill and submit as hard copy

Is confusing I don't know how to convert my courses to equal the 120 and the grade as well
Well, it's confusing to me too. All I know is that a semester in a Nigerian Universities is equivalent to 30 ECTS.
Our system takes into consideration only lecture hours and ECTS goes beyond that.
Just proportion what you have mathematicically. For instance, if you have 15 units as the minimum unit you can take on your transcript for a semester. That means you have to multiply each credit by a factor of 2 to get the equivalent in ECTS for a semester
15 units = 30 ECTS
A 2 unit course will now be, 4 ECTS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Atigba: 3:06pm On May 03, 2016
Eke40seven:

Well, it's confusing to me too. All I know is that a semester in a Nigerian Universities is equivalent to 30 ECTS.
Our system takes into consideration only lecture hours and ECTS goes beyond that.
Just proportion what you have mathematicically. For instance, if you have 15 units as the minimum unit you can take on your transcript for a semester. That means you have to multiply each credit by a factor of 2 to get the equivalent in ECTS for a semester
15 units = 30 ECTS

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Atigba: 3:07pm On May 03, 2016
Eke40seven:

15 units = 30 ECTS

Thanks
I will fill and submit as I see am
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by urchman101(m): 5:23pm On May 04, 2016
@MOD kindly explain why you deleted my post.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by SimplyAlfy: 5:32pm On May 19, 2016
Eke40seven:
That's where I school.
Oga Emma you just forget us.Trust you are doing great.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 9:56am On May 20, 2016
Eke40seven:

15 units = 30 ECTS

Hello sir!

Do German universities accept NOUN(National Open University of Nigeria ) 100level transcript?

I am also planning on writing A-level exam in Nigeria. Is that okay for admission into German universities?

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Eke40seven(m): 10:31am On May 20, 2016
Kristofferson:

Hello sir!

Do German universities accept NOUN(National Open University of Nigeria ) 100level transcript?

I am also planning on writing A-level exam in Nigeria. Is that okay for admission into German universities?

Thank you.
NOUN should be OK.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 10:53am On May 20, 2016
Eke40seven:
NOUN should be OK.
Thanks boss!
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by honourableseyi: 2:28pm On May 21, 2016
Kristofferson:

Hello sir!

Thank you.

If you already have NOUN transcripts, you don't need to write A-level exam again. I used it and got "admissions". Shalom
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 21, 2016
honourableseyi:

If you already have NOUN transcripts, you don't need to write A-level exam again. I used it and got "admissions". Shalom

Wow this is a great testimony. You've raised my hope... I will go ahead with it. Thanks once again and remain blessed!
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by fullz: 5:43pm On May 25, 2016
greetings people.
I have someone who wants to study an I.T course in Germany. can someone please give me a cheap university, and that accepts WAEC?
A pointer in the right direction is appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 25, 2016
fullz:
greetings people.
I have someone who wants to study an I.T course in Germany. can someone please give me a cheap university, and that accepts WAEC?
A pointer in the right direction is appreciated.
No University will accept waec
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Tundetiler2011(m): 7:07pm On May 27, 2016
I applied for Germany visa last year but i was denied and i still have intention of reapplying any advice from any memeber who had the same issue as i do
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by fullz: 11:52pm On May 27, 2016
ellacute45:
No University will accept waec
oops! what do they accept then?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 27, 2016
fullz:

oops! what do they accept then?
one year transcript from a Nigerian University or you can go through studienkolleg
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by peppo4live: 3:32pm On Jun 11, 2016
anybody going to freie universitat?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 12:37am On Jun 15, 2016
Eke40seven:

NOUN should be OK.
Please bro, I'm applying for my M.Sc. the problem I will be having is with the 8,000k deposit. Actually my sister is sponsoring me. Is there any other option apart from the outright blocked deposit? Justwise eke40seven

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (118) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.