Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? (441060 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany, How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
7Alexander:

Please bro, I'm applying for my M.Sc. the problem I will be having is with the 8,000k deposit. Actually my sister is sponsoring me. Is there any other option apart from the outright blocked deposit? Justwise eke40seven
@ justwise eke40seven please answer me, I really need to know the next step to take.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by chaiks: 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
@7aalexander, please which University are you applying to? Did you legalize any document and did you pay application fee? Wat about English exam and when I'll d application end? I'll love to apply alongside.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by okezie007(m): 5:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
Hello peeps

Shout out to all you sharing - trust me your testimony is a blessing. Keep it up
Again, those out there wanting to be a testimony, atleast research for yourself before asking - trust me it does a lot of good
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by vicatrix(m): 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2016
Hello, all do any one knows any university that still has open admission for Sep/October 2016 intake, until July 15th. pls kindly let me know. Though i dey google also but from you guys will be easy and fast.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by OlaoChi: 11:09pm On Jun 21, 2016
I'm seriously having problems with getting accommodation in berlin

I want to attend Volkshochschule Berlin for two language courses that will take the months of July and August before proceeding to Nordhausen for studienkolleg where I have already arranged accommodation with the studentenwerk there.

I have been using the Wg gesucht platform to search for shared Appartements in Berlin but I have got no response till date, and I will be arriving Berlin on July 1st no accommodation. .please who can help a fellow out with advice or even an offer?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by OlaoChi: 11:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
vicatrix:
Hello, all do any one knows any university that still has open admission for Sep/October 2016 intake, until July 15th. pls kindly let me know. Though i dey google also but from you guys will be easy and fast.

University Erfurt
Uni Jena, Goethe Frankfurt, Universität Leipzig, Universität Hamburg, Universität Kaiserslautern

These were my favorite schools to apply for and I remember they were open until July 15th

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by vicatrix(m): 8:57am On Jun 24, 2016
OlaoChi:

University Erfurt
Uni Jena, Goethe Frankfurt, Universität Leipzig, Universität Hamburg, Universität Kaiserslautern

These were my favorite schools to apply for and I remember they were open until July 15th

Thanks for the update, i am presently in Berlin came through Lithuania cos i wanted to transfer. I will check on the university you sent me though mostly all are demanding IELTS so will advice everyone to write to be on a safe side. Thanks alot.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by styles2009: 12:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
OlaoChi:
I'm seriously having problems witsh getting accommodation in berlin

I want to attend Volkshochschule Berlin for two language courses that will take the months of July and August before proceeding to Nordhausen for studienkolleg where I have already arranged accommodation with the studentenwerk there.

I have been using the Wg gesucht platform to search for shared Appartements in Berlin but I have got no response till date, and I will be arriving Berlin on July 1st no accommodation. .please who can help a fellow out with advice or even an offer?

Hello
Don't give up on wg gesucht keep checking daily and you'll find one as those 2 months are holiday period and many students would like renting their rooms out.
Have you written your aufnahmeprüfung already?
If not how many studienkolleg have you applied to?
Cheers
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by OlaoChi: 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
styles2009:

Hello
Don't give up on wg gesucht keep checking daily and you'll find one as those 2 months are holiday period and many students would like renting their rooms out.
Have you written your aufnahmeprüfung already?
If not how many studienkolleg have you applied to?
Cheers
Thanks!

I got two messages already, I had to check out for Potsdam as that is the closest city to Berlin I know.

the problem is that I'm arriving on 2nd July, most offers start from 1st July

I've not written the aufnehmetest, it's gonna be in late August... I applied to one
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by styles2009: 1:38pm On Jun 24, 2016
OlaoChi:

Thanks!

I got two messages already, I had to check out for Potsdam as that is the closest city to Berlin I know.

the problem is that I'm arriving on 2nd July, most offers start from 1st July

I've not written the aufnehmetest, it's gonna be in late August... I applied to one

Wishing you all the best and don't keep all you eggs in one basket, aufnahmeprüfung is very competitive and I'll advice you apply to more schools to increase your chances.

Even if the offers are starting on July 2nd take it and please don't send any money to any landlord or students for the rooms, tell them you'll give them when you get there as you have no account in Germany, some rooms offers are scams as they ask for deposits and disappear.
Cheers
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by OlaoChi: 5:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
styles2009:

Wishing you all the best and don't keep all you eggs in one basket, aufnahmeprüfung is very competitive and I'll advice you apply to more schools to increase your chances.

Even if the offers are starting on July 2nd take it and please don't send any money to any landlord or students for the rooms, tell them you'll give them when you get there as you have no account in Germany, some rooms offers are scams as they ask for deposits and disappear.
Cheers

you are right. since I'll be in Germany on the 2nd, I still have time to submit applications personally
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Royat1(m): 5:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
vicatrix:

Thanks for the update, i am presently in Berlin came through Lithuania cos i wanted to transfer. I will check on the university you sent me though mostly all are demanding IELTS so will advice everyone to write to be on a safe side. Thanks alot.
Boss please post pictures of Berlin, thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by vicatrix(m): 7:10pm On Jun 26, 2016
Royat1:

Boss please post pictures of Berlin, thank you

My chairman i go do m next time i go back cos presently in Warsaw Poland, but anyone that plans to come Germany to study should try get schools within Berlin, Frankfurt, hamburg and Dortmund. Student here are living good and work availability is much trust me. Though the level/standard of study is high but as a 9ja person you will survive that. Also, you won't lack anything as long you not lazy and language is an advantage. As for me i am finding a way to transfer my studies soon.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Royat1(m): 10:04pm On Jun 26, 2016
vicatrix:

My chairman i go do m next time i go back cos presently in Warsaw Poland, but anyone that plans to come Germany to study should try get schools within Berlin, Frankfurt, hamburg and Dortmund. Student here are living good and work availability is much trust me. Though the level/standard of study is high but as a 9ja person you will survive that. Also, you won't lack anything as long you not lazy and language is an advantage. As for me i am finding a way to transfer my studies soon.
Okay bro ,can I send u a pm ?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by vicatrix(m): 12:26am On Jun 27, 2016
Royat1:

Okay bro ,can I send u a pm ?

chairman for sure you can cos people here dey help me out also
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by gabi101(m): 8:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
hello everyone, good day i ahve made some research and its in line with what i read here...my question is sometimes from the sites i read through they say u cant survive on your part-time job.so i would like to know as an undergraduate if its possible for one to survive with part-time jobs and also do other sports activities while schooling in germany.thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by vicatrix(m): 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
gabi101:
hello everyone, good day i ahve made some research and its in line with what i read here...my question is sometimes from the sites i read through they say u cant survive on your part-time job.so i would like to know as an undergraduate if its possible for one to survive with part-time jobs and also do other sports activities while schooling in germany.thank you

you will survive and have few left to help people back home if they need, mostly 9ja student are living ok and any that said he/she doesn't have a job is lazy and very lazy just don't associate with such person cos surely will discourage you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by gabi101(m): 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2016
vicatrix:

you will survive and have few left to help people back home if they need, mostly 9ja student are living ok and any that said he/she doesn't have a job is lazy and very lazy just don't associate with such person cos surely will discourage you.

thanx vicatrix for the info i apprecaite a lot.i was getting scared that one wont be able to sustain oneself on money made on part time due to what i read online...anyways im planin for summer studies either in ravensberg-weingarten,i dont know if you know anything about their?thankx bro smiley
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by vicatrix(m): 1:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
gabi101:

thanx vicatrix for the info i apprecaite a lot.i was getting scared that one wont be able to sustain oneself on money made on part time due to what i read online...anyways im planin for summer studies either in ravensberg-weingarten,i dont know if you know anything about their?thankx bro smiley

unfortunately i don't know, but ask around ok
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by gabi101(m): 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
vicatrix:

unfortunately i don't know, but ask around ok

ok lastly bros will the german authoritiies still request for the same amount u deposited in the blocked account the following year?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by vicatrix(m): 1:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
gabi101:

ok lastly bros will the german authoritiies still request for the same amount u deposited in the blocked account the following year?

I asked from a student here and he said yes you will need to have the same in your account as long you are a student.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by gabi101(m): 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
vicatrix:

I asked from a student here and he said yes you will need to have the same in your account as long you are a student.

OBOIII!!! shocked Wahala da o,so thats how the keep asking till u graj from the uni? but can one keep u to this standard with the the savings or money earned from part-time job?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by vicatrix(m): 7:29pm On Jul 13, 2016
gabi101:

OBOIII!!! shocked Wahala da o,so thats how the keep asking till u graj from the uni? but can one keep u to this standard with the the savings or money earned from part-time job?

sure you can but hopefuly you find yourself in cities which much job opportunities. They have a saying here, first come to Gemo then you will figure all things out.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Kexorcist(m): 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2016
Rickywowoz:
Hello my fellow nairalanders,i have seen threads like this for USA,UK,Australia etc bt none for germany..so my brothers and sisters over there pls come in and share how life in germany as a student looks like so that it will help aspiring students make their choice..

I've been to Germany. I love it. It's not a very expensive country. The people are very serious about rules, but are generally nice and helpful if a bit intimidating. Stay in Jugendherberge (youth hostels) and eat Doner Kebab to save money. General notes: Germany is not a country that caters to customers -- little but bars and brothels are open past 10PM. Germans speak good but accented English, but bilingual materials are rare. There are black people in Germany, so you won't be stared at like a traveling panda exhibit, but they will look at you. Bakeries are good places to get cheap food in the morning, but they're typically done by afternoon. Never give money to Gypsies -- they will follow you and dog you for more and more, ALWAYS more. They are not needy -- they are professional scammers who net hundreds of Euros every day. They also love to steal. From what I know, antiblack racism is rare, and they are more likely to be interested in knowing about you and where you come from. If you outwardly dress islamically, they are far more likely to look at that and react negatively than if you just look black. In large cities like Berlin, Mannheim, and Frankfurt, they have black people. There is even a very good Ethiopian restaurant in Berlin by one of the hostels. In small villages and so on, you will find no black people and there is the possibility that maybe the people there have never seen a real black man. I hope this post helps.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by gabi101(m): 8:16pm On Jul 14, 2016
vicatrix:

sure you can but hopefuly you find yourself in cities which much job opportunities. They have a saying here, first come to Gemo then you will figure all things out.

broo thanx a lot you hav given me more insight on this and peace of mind,im ok now... so where are u now? you have a fb account so i can add u up or a social media account were u come up regularly?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by gabi101(m): 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2016
Kexorcist:

I've been to Germany. I love it. It's not a very expensive country. The people are very serious about rules, but are generally nice and helpful if a bit intimidating. Stay in Jugendherberge (youth hostels) and eat Doner Kebab to save money. General notes: Germany is not a country that caters to customers -- little but bars and brothels are open past 10PM. Germans speak good but accented English, but bilingual materials are rare. There are black people in Germany, so you won't be stared at like a traveling panda exhibit, but they will look at you. Bakeries are good places to get cheap food in the morning, but they're typically done by afternoon. Never give money to Gypsies -- they will follow you and dog you for more and more, ALWAYS more. They are not needy -- they are professional scammers who net hundreds of Euros every day. They also love to steal. From what I know, antiblack racism is rare, and they are more likely to be interested in knowing about you and where you come from. If you outwardly dress islamically, they are far more likely to look at that and react negatively than if you just look black. In large cities like Berlin, Mannheim, and Frankfurt, they have black people. There is even a very good Ethiopian restaurant in Berlin by one of the hostels. In small villages and so on, you will find no black people and there is the possibility that maybe the people there have never seen a real black man. I hope this post helps.

[]

bro your sayin racism is low there and you can move freely as a black?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by styles2009: 5:21am On Jul 15, 2016
gabi101:

Which one be racism is low? See quesion, abi tribalism don stop for naija?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by kilo4sure: 5:46am On Jul 15, 2016
styles2009:

I wonder where everyone gets this idea of racism from. Germany can hardly be classified as racist in my opinion, at least contrary to what l thought way back in Naija. I even live in east Germany, the so called racist zone in Germany, but most people here are so nice and there's hardly any report of racism from other blacks l know here.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by gabi101(m): 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
styles2009:

@styles2009 its a simple question that demands a simple ans or opinion and besides it was not directed to you...if you hav an opinion or ans about the question then say it straigth and simple and move on but if you dont like the question den just ignore it.i dont see the need for you to go extreme.peace brother smiley
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by gabi101(m): 12:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
kilo4sure:

I wonder where everyone gets this idea of racism from. Germany can hardly be classified as racist in my opinion, at least contrary to what l thought way back in Naija. I even live in east Germany, the so called racist zone in Germany, but most people here are so nice and there's hardly any report of racism from other blacks l know here.

is good to hear this from some1 over there.thanx for ur opinion brother smiley
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Kexorcist(m): 11:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
gabi101:

Yes. People may look at you, but you no likely find trouble.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by gabi101(m): 11:49am On Jul 16, 2016
Kexorcist:

Yes. People may look at you, but you no likely find trouble.

that will do...bro thanks for your answer. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (118) (Reply)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.