Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? (440484 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany, How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by boma95(f): 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2017
gabi101:

hello, You didnt state the course you wish to study in germany... yes you can get be admitted into a German university if you want. all you need is just your first year transcript, test of english language proficiency and waec or neco result(some times schools might request for a motivation letter and recommendation letter). So its your decision to make if you want to do masters there or undergraduate. let me know the course you want to study so i can help you search for them.

Hi please I wish to do my masters at Germany.. A course that is business/management related

#CHEERS smiley
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Emanex18: 1:46pm On Dec 09, 2017
[quote author=boma95 post=63094617][/quote] how bout a Masters in Natural Gas Engineering or Chemical Engineering?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by boma95(f): 6:13pm On Dec 09, 2017
Emanex18:

how bout a Masters in Natural Gas Engineering or Chemical Engineering?

?? Business related
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Emanex18: 4:14am On Dec 10, 2017
boma95:

?? Business related
Yhup bro
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by sKeetz(m): 6:56pm On Dec 13, 2017
Miss229:

Hey Ellionda, I'm almost in the same position as you. Wishing to study business administration as well. Since your post is quite old, I'm guessing you must've found a solution. If you have, please share.
If you haven't, message me So we can go about the process together.

Thanks

Hey did you get a solution to your enquiry
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Adedrizzy(m): 8:18pm On Dec 14, 2017
Hello nairaland family, i am planning to come to Germany early next year but i am currently discouraged by the fact that people say there is really no job in Germany after studies especially if you do not speak dutch, to make matters worse, i checked online myself and they were mostly negative views on getting a permanent job and that people go back to their countries in the long run.

I would like the gurus and the ones already in Germany to give a full insight on life after studies.
N.B. i am going for a management program for Msc
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2017
Adedrizzy:
Hello nairaland family, i am planning to come to Germany early next year but i am currently discouraged by the fact that people say there is really no job in Germany after studies especially if you do not speak dutch, to make matters worse, i checked online myself and they were mostly negative views on getting a permanent job and that people go back to their countries in the long run.

I would like the gurus and the ones already in Germany to give a full insight on life after studies.
N.B. i am going for a management program for Msc

First of all, it's Deutsch not Dutch. To your question about getting a job, it depends on the course you studied and how good you can speak German

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by sKeetz(m): 8:56pm On Dec 14, 2017
Hello,

Please what is he procedure for transferring to a German university after completing 100L. Do they allow transfer of credits and what are the steps? Will one need to learn the language or are the programmed offered in English ?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Adedrizzy(m): 8:56pm On Dec 14, 2017
Jigba:

First of all, it's Deutsch not Dutch. To your question about getting a job, it depends on the course you studied and how good you can speak German

Yeah I know, just decided to shorten it. Ok thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 14, 2017
Adedrizzy:

Yeah I know, just decided to shorten it. Ok thanks

Dutch is the language spoken in the Netherlands. Deutsch is spoken in Germany. The two words have no correlation

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Adedrizzy(m): 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2017
Jigba:

Dutch is the language spoken in the Netherlands. Deutsch is spoken in Germany. The two words have no correlation

OK

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by sKeetz(m): 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2017
sKeetz:
Hello,

Please what is he procedure for transferring to a German university after completing 100L. Do they allow transfer of credits and what are the steps? Will one need to learn the language or are the programmed offered in English ?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by queenvicka: 12:19pm On Dec 17, 2017
please... can i apply for msc in germany now..my transcripts and results are ready, dunno if i can still apply for msc in economics this summer or i should wait for winter pls i need a feedback.thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 24, 2017
Rickywowoz:
futurewise11: FAQ about german school admission and visa.

1)How can i apply for admission?

Use google or daad.de.

5)Can i be admitted with my olevel into bsc program?

No.
Why are you misleading people mr man? Tell me why you can't undergo an undergraduate course in Germany with your o level result? So you need a masters degree or PhD to pursue another undergraduate degree? Please get your facts right. By the way many schools now take both undergraduate courses and post graduate courses in English. University of Gottingen above all is a living testimony.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by OlaoChi: 3:26pm On Dec 28, 2017

Why are you misleading people mr man? Tell me why you can't undergo an undergraduate course in Germany with your o level result? So you need a masters degree or PhD to pursue another undergraduate degree? Please get your facts right. By the way many schools now take both undergraduate courses and post graduate courses in English. University of Gottingen above all is a living testimony.

O'level alone cannot get you admission to undergraduate courses

You need A'level or FSP from Studienkolleg

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by chaiks: 3:59pm On Dec 28, 2017
please how do I apply to up to three schools at once. I'll I pay application fee trice? and how much is exactly the amount to be transfered to a German bank if admission come?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by honourableseyi: 11:25pm On Dec 28, 2017

That is not misleading but a fact. You can't get admission directly to Bsc in Germany with just O'level. Shalom
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by kenneyyice(m): 11:09pm On Dec 29, 2017
Good day everyone, I just stumbled upon this trend today and I must say, I have leant a lot from you all. kudos to our ever helping Nigerian brothers and sisters home and abroad assisting us with vital information about Germany.

I have always wanted to be a pilot from childhood and would really wanna achieve my child hood dream come next year. am currently a student of a reputable university here in Nigeria. am currently in my final year studying Petroleum Engineering. I would really love to travel to Germany to study aeronautical Engineering as an undergraduate. here comes my questions..

1) is there any tuition free school where I can study aeronautical Engineering in Germany or any other country??

2) kindly Name of the schools that offer free tuition

3) The rough estimate it would cost me.

4) do I need to write any international English language proficiency test?? e.g GRE, TOFEL

5) Is there any university that will teach it in ENGLISH

6) scholarship opportunities?

7) intact, if you don't mind, kindly state done the entire process for me.

pls I really need all this to start planing my way before I finish writing my final paper as an undergraduate here in Nigeria.

<b>thanks in advance</b>
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by gabi101(m): 11:33pm On Dec 31, 2017
[quote author=sKeetz post=63304406][/quote]

hey sup...you can Pm me. maybe i could help wink

happy new year!
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by gabi101(m): 11:35pm On Dec 31, 2017
queenvicka:
please... can i apply for msc in germany now..my transcripts and results are ready, dunno if i can still apply for msc in economics this summer or i should wait for winter pls i need a feedback.thank you

why do you need peoples approval?? go ahead and apply before its too late and if you have any questions then ask, we in Germany will answer you

Happy new year!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by sKeetz(m): 11:38pm On Dec 31, 2017
gabi101:

hey sup...you can Pm me. maybe i could help wink

happy new year!

Ok I will and thanks,

Happy new year to you too smiley
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by christianchukwu: 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2018
Compliments of the season everybody! I recently got admission in university of freiburg im breisgau and I wish to know if there's anybody in the house who was given admission or knows anybody who got admission in the same university. If there's any indicate please, there are some enquiries I would want to make. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by industrialchemi: 2:16am On Jan 05, 2018
kenneyyice:
Good day everyone, I just stumbled upon this trend today and I must say, I have leant a lot from you all. kudos to our ever helping Nigerian brothers and sisters home and abroad assisting us with vital information about Germany.

I have always wanted to be a pilot from childhood and would really wanna achieve my child hood dream come next year. am currently a student of a reputable university here in Nigeria. am currently in my final year studying Petroleum Engineering. I would really love to travel to Germany to study aeronautical Engineering as an undergraduate. here comes my questions..

1) is there any tuition free school where I can study aeronautical Engineering in Germany or any other country??

4) do I need to write any international English language proficiency test?? e.g GRE, TOFEL

pls I really need all this to start planing my way before I finish writing my final paper as an undergraduate here in Nigeria.

<b>thanks in advance</b>

Pm me let's relate. I wanna study the same course too. Better start learning german o, the course is being taught in German and not English. I just mailed you.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by industrialchemi: 2:17am On Jan 05, 2018
kenneyyice:

<b>thanks in advance</b>

Am applying for aeronautical engineering at fh aachen, Munich university of applied sciences and Hamburg uni of applied sciences..they are tuition free schools but u need to learn german upto level C1 at geothe.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by ItzChinnex(m): 7:51pm On Jan 12, 2018
chidiguru:
Good day all, am a prospective student of TUM, I have gotten my Visa, my only problem is accommodation. I don't know anyone in Munich, so I need somebody I can stay with when I land b4 I get my own accommodation. I intend flying from Nigeria to Munich on 11th October, please if you are torched to help me, my contact is 08134887335 and email is godwin.okwuibe@unn.edu.ng

have you gone?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by chaiks: 8:02pm On Jan 12, 2018
hello. please any university I can get free tuition for masters in international relations?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Obidikejr(m): 1:40am On Jan 14, 2018
monique2002:
Luvly thread, though ït seems d topic z not been actively addressed. Where all d 'badt' guys for Germany wey dey hustle? Comment na.. Where kelly (4gotten his username on NL) wey dey chop €1250/month part time work 4 wiegatten? E wan even bring im wife sef to come join nd work. As 4 me started working during 1st semestr hols. Did some nanny/babysitting for some nigerians nd Africans ïn Berlin. Didn't pay much bt ït was enough for my monthly xpenses. Den some part time cleaning ïn a kindergarten from 4pm to 8pm, mon-fri. Paid €10/hr. Now aftr my internship, planning to go join kelly 4 wiegartten, so me sef fit chop €2000/month for factory work. wink. No b only guys dey hustle, babes must hustle too!

Hi monique2002, are u still in Germany?

How is the life?

Are u done with all your study programmes?

Ant tips & advice? Will really appreciate.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Obidikejr(m): 1:41am On Jan 14, 2018
chaiks:
hello. please any university I can get free tuition for masters in international relations?

Filter searches using daad.de/en .... U can get courses closely relation but not exact
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by chaiks: 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2018
Obidikejr:

Filter searches using daad.de/en .... U can get courses closely relation but not exact
ok.thanks.will check

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (118) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.