Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,435 members, 7,781,271 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:32 AM

Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here (4684 Views)

Housewife Snatched By LG Boss Dies Mysteriously After Childbirth (pic) / Housewife Dies Rescuing Electrocuted Mate / Housewife Caught Having Sex With Lover, Fined N50,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by CertifiedFreak(m): 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2013
I get to visit my uncle and his wife a lot. Before he got married, we were best pals and we did some pretty weird stuff back then, but things changed when he got married. The wife was amiable and comely at the beginning of the matrimony however things got a bit muddled up a year into the marriage. My visits which were sporadic once he got hooked up began to trouble the wife who took turns to make complaints about my timings to my uncle.
However, things got to a head last night when she dished out my food(I know someone's gonna say it has to be about the tummy, but hey, I'm a young virile male who needs all the meals he can get); knowing fully well ma displeasure of fish proceeded to serve one on my food while she gave her maid several pieces of meat to go with hers. I voiced my displeasure about this purported error to her but she didn't do a thing about it hence ma quandary.
Do you think it was an oversight on her part or is she ruffling my feathers with this acts of hers?
P.S My uncle notices but turns a blind eye to her excesses on most occasions
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2013
You time your visits to coincide with meal times and things came to a head because you gave you fish in addition to your meat? Bwahahaha! As in things actually came to a head?! Rotfl!! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 06, 2013
If u r of marriageable age,pls do go and marry.if not,do mind ur own biz.ur uncle is married and no longer single.no longer birds of d same feather...........

9 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
See your mouth like 'voiced my displeasure'...your uncles wife.No wonder she didn't answer you cheesy cheesy
you were even looking at the Maids plate.Its like you have time.
Better go and learn how to cook your own food to avoid insults.
You sound like you feel entitled.sorry o ,levels don change..muhehehehe grin grin.Next time you won't even see fish to complain about..you want to rub shoulders cos you did bachelor things with the man b4 abi?

If you like read meaning into things,nothing go happen.To your tents o Israel...
Nawa for the wife shaa,maybe she feels you time your visits with lunch or dinner,haha...not a big deal at all but maybe she no just like to de watch your mouth widen to eat her food..

4 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by EfemenaXY: 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2013
Certified Freak: I get to visit my uncle and his wife a lot. Before he got married, we were best pals and we did some pretty weird stuff back then, but things changed when he got married. The wife was amiable and comely at the beginning of the matrimony however things got a bit muddled up a year into the marriage. My visits which were sporadic once he got hooked up began to trouble the wife who took turns to make complaints about my timings to my uncle.
However, things got to a head last night when she dished out my food(I know someone's gonna say it has to be about the tummy, but hey, I'm a young virile male who needs all the meals he can get); knowing fully well ma displeasure of fish proceeded to serve one on my food while she gave her maid several pieces of meat to go with hers. I voiced my displeasure about this purported error to her but she didn't do a thing about it hence ma quandary.
Do you think it was an oversight on her part or is she ruffling my feathers with this acts of hers?

I think you're a trouble maker.

~ Why must she serve you to start with? Don't you know your way to the kitchen to help yourself?

~ Why squabble over the number, size, colour, texture and shape of the meat/fish given you? Why compare yours with the househelp's? Does she not deserve it more than you? Does she not spend more energy cleaning up after your grown a$$ while all you do is sit and complain?

5 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
Oh Lawdy another "entitled" greedy gossip.
So the maid gOt more meat than you, lol, your uncle should "scold" his wife because you can't control your longer throat.
Mr virile young man go and learn how to cook, cook and eat as mucg meat as you want so you want and not be going round peoples house hoping to cause them to fight because of meat and fish.
What did you contribute to the meal? Do you know the efforts the househelp made in getting the food ready and running chores?
Am sure if she didn't feed the househelp well you will be the same person here starting a posyt on how wicked women are not feeding their househelps.
Stop behaving like a hungry man. Go and sort yourself out, if you want meat cook and eat, you don't gey to dictate to anyone how food is dished in their home or complain about it.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
@ op to me that appears rude and shes passing a non verbal message that she doesnt like your visit.if i were you, and you said you wanted more and she didnt answer you,just quietly respect yourself by leaving the food and stepping out of the house so you reply the non verbal message that you are not hungry and you can get food to your satisfaction elsewhere,meanwhile i think like someone has said,you need to learn how to cook to avoid situations like this.secondly

you need to reduce your visit or stop going there since he is married.be missed,let him be the one to say its been long ive seen tunji,let me invite him to come over and please when you go DO NOT EAT EVEN IF THEY OFFER YOU FOOD.let it not be like say you be wonbiliki wonbiya.if they say wont you eat,say with a smile when you get home you will eat.i hate when person dey rude on top food.the thing dey vex me.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2013
debrief08: Oh Lawdy another "entitled" greedy gossip.
So the maid gOt more meat than you, lol, your uncle should "scold" his wife because you can't control your longer throat.
Mr virile young man go and learn how to cook, cook and eat as mucg meat as you want so you want and not be going round peoples house hoping to cause them to fight because of meat and fish.
What did you contribute to the meal? Do you know the efforts the househelp made in getting the food ready and running chores?
Am sure if she didn't feed the househelp well you will be the same person here starting a posyt on how wicked women are not feeding their househelps.
Stop behaving like a hungry man. Go and sort yourself out, if you want meat cook and eat, you don't gey to dictate to anyone how food is dished in their home or complain about it.
but seriously even if they dont have much or they didnt expect his visit,after you said it wasnt enough,courtesy demands that she should have said sorry o,the food we have is not much,help us manage that or help us use love to eat it as yorubas will say. And if in the situation where they didnt expect his visit or he didnt call to say ill be comming so so day o,she could have said tunjo you know you didnt call,just try and make do with that.if you had called now,i would have made more but next time you are comming,try and call so we will make preparations for you.little little courtesies like that go a long way.afterall there were people in the husbands life before she came in.its not as if she should be acting the slave but then everyone deserves a little regard na.haba,what he requested for was not too much or out of place.to me sha food is nothing.no matter what you cant carry food to the office or wherever you go,it is meant to be eaten.anyone that comes to my house whether expectedly or unexpectedly,i serve them well till they are satisfied.i think we women should learn to respect and take care of our visitors because in so doing,you wont know when you served an angel,its not a matter of causing trouble
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I think you're a trouble maker.

~ Why must she serve you to start with? Don't you know your way to the kitchen to help yourself?

~ Why squabble over the number, size, colour, texture and shape of the meat/fish given you? Why compare yours with the househelp's? Does she not deserve it more than you? Does she not spend more energy cleaning up after your grown a$$ while all you do is sit and complain?

haba na.how can a visitor enter a married couples house and go into the kitchen to serve himself.that is being forward and rude.if it was a bachelors house,thats not a problem,but i think its crossing of boundary and i dont think many women will be happy about that.its just my thought,no matter how close you are with someone,once the person is married,a boundary has been created and you have to respect that.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2013
Kuylie, we don't get to determine how people behave we can only control our own attitude.
If her husband didn't react then it means He also has had enough of the ops attitude.
People should learn self respect

5 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by EfemenaXY: 10:29pm On Jul 06, 2013
kulyie: haba na.how can a visitor enter a married couples house and go into the kitchen to serve himself.that is being forward and rude.if it was a bachelors house,thats not a problem,but i think its crossing of boundary and i dont think many women will be happy about that.its just my thought,no matter how close you are with someone,once the person is married,a boundary has been created and you have to respect that.

Boundary or no bounday, the fact that food was dished on his behalf and served to him like a king irks me no end!

And to add insult to injury, rather than assist or at the very least, show some simple basic curtsey, he chooses to lament his 'lot'. It's so annoying. My sons cook and serve themselves! I'm sure @OP doesn't even know how to boil an egg, yet the person who cooked and serve deserves less and Oga must know by fire-by-force.
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
debrief08: Kuylie, we don't get to determine how people behave we can only control our own attitude.
If her husband didn't react then it means He also has had enough of the ops attitude.
People should learn self respect
is asking for more disrespecting yourself.what is there.i dont see anything wrong in what he did,i think the wife was not been pleasant.even if the food has finished or she is reserving it for another day why cant she say sorry o,it has finished.its just little little ways of relating na.ok uf it was your girlfriend or sister that came to visit you and said she wanted more,is that how you will treat her
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Boundary or no bounday, the fact that food was dished on his behalf and served to him like a king irks me no end!

And to add insult to injury, rather than assist or at the very least, show some simple basic curtsey, he chooses to lament his 'lot'. It's so annoying. My sons cook and serve themselves! I'm sure @OP doesn't even know how to boil an egg, yet the person who cooked and serve deserves less and Oga must know by fire-by-force.
its not like he reported to oga with the aim of oga taking sides,he just expressed his feelings.or is there more to it the way you people are making it look like its a big deal

@ op where you having issues with the wife prior to your visit?
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by slimyem: 10:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
kulyie: @ op to me that appears rude and shes passing a non verbal message that she doesnt like your visit.if i were you, and you said you wanted more and she didnt answer you,just quietly respect yourself by leaving the food and stepping out of the house so you reply the non verbal message that you are not hungry and you can get food to your satisfaction elsewhere,meanwhile i think like someone has said,you need to learn how to cook to avoid situations like this.secondly

you need to reduce your visit or stop going there since he is married.be missed,let him be the one to say its been long ive seen tunji,let me invite him to come over and please when you go DO NOT EAT EVEN IF THEY OFFER YOU FOOD.let it not be like say you be wonbiliki wonbiya.if they say wont you eat,say with a smile when you get home you will eat.i hate when person dey rude on top food.the thing dey vex me.
I agree with you completely!!

Op,it isn't oversight. It is rather a subtle message saying you are not very welcome. Take heed!

1 Like

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 06, 2013
Again, you don't get to determine how people should behave.
Its not by force that people should feed you.
If the wife chose to behave like that then the OP should count his teeth with his tongue, respect himself go to his house and cook and eat as much meat as he wants rather than shamelessly drag meat with househelp

1 Like

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by slimyem: 10:47pm On Jul 06, 2013
Certified Freak: I get to visit my uncle and his wife a lot. Before he got married, we were best pals and we did some pretty weird stuff back then, but things changed when he got married. The wife was amiable and comely at the beginning of the matrimony however things got a bit muddled up a year into the marriage. My visits which were sporadic once he got hooked up began to trouble the wife who took turns to make complaints about my timings to my uncle.
Palaver you dey find!! cool
Palaver,you don get o...

You had better respect yourself and stay away from this family except when necessary. Familiarity breeds contempt.You know that right?

4 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 06, 2013
slimyem: Palaver you dey find!! cool
Palaver,you don get o...

You had better respect yourself and stay away from this family except when necessary. Familiarity breeds contempt.You know that right?
thats true
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 06, 2013
slimyem: I agree with you completely!!

Op,it isn't oversight. It is rather a subtle message saying you are not very welcome. Take heed!
very true
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by EfemenaXY: 11:02pm On Jul 06, 2013
kulyie: its not like he reported to oga with the aim of oga taking sides,he just expressed his feelings.or is there more to it the way you people are making it look like its a big deal

@ op where you having issues with the wife prior to your visit?

Read between the lines of his post. It's condescending and fault finding.

~ He misses his carefree, bachelor days with his uncle and secretly blames the wife for the inevitable change.

~ He doesn't like madam and finds faults with what she does. Sometimes, our actions speak louder than words and the person at the receiving end is bound to get defensive as she has. If someone doesn't like you, you become cautious with that person, which is exactly what she's done here. Rather than descend to the level of quarrelling like a market woman, she's passed a subtle message to him that he's not welcome.

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Onyinyechimara(f): 12:15am On Jul 07, 2013
Lol.......this is so funny it's unbelievable
OP you re a guest there so you eat what you re offered and stop whining
And she's not your wife so don't expect her to cater to your every need
But leave them alone and find your own wife to cook things the way you like!
Kapish? grin

4 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 2:36am On Jul 07, 2013
All these problem of dishing small food, big food, small meat, short fish don tire me.

Can we imbibe the habit of dishing large quantity of food and eating together undecided...

At topic, OP.....eat what you are offered and say thank you!

You are even lucky the door was opened to you whenever u come around, if am ur uncles wife, I woulda shut d door in your face whenever u come uninvited. sad

1 Like

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 3:44am On Jul 07, 2013
Onyinyechimara: Lol.......this is so funny it's unbelievable
OP you re a guest there so you eat what you re offered and stop whining
And she's not your wife so don't expect her to cater to your every need
But leave them alone and find your own wife to cook things the way you like!
Kapish? grin

Lol! Don't mind Mr Natty over here..... Making sure to only show up when it's time for food grin grin. No! He shouldn't eat what he's given, he should stand over her shoulder while she's dishing from her pot and point to the exact pieces of meat he wants sef!

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 3:52am On Jul 07, 2013
Laugh wan tear my belle for this topic.

I like the way the other posters handled OP and his arrogance.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by RoyalRoy(m): 4:42am On Jul 07, 2013
kulyie: let it not be like say you be wonbiliki wonbiya.
Hahaha....Sewa, u no go kii me with laff early morning!!! This ur wonbiliki wonbiya takes me down memory lane!! Chai....vocabulary that has tey.

My Thoughts
I think you guyz have misunderstood him!!
He wasn't complaining about the amount or size of food!!!
Neither is he having issues with the amount of meat he was served!!
His issue is that HE DOESN'T EAT FISH and yet Madam purposely put fish in his food!!
I guess he referring to the maid meant, there was surplus meat & so why should his food have fish in it!!!!

All in all, @Op....Kulyie has said it all.
Make yourself scarce, make them miss u. Even if u have to go there, go there with all ur dignity & respect in place!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Temismith(f): 7:06am On Jul 07, 2013
I dey come, make i go brush!
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by ozengbe(m): 7:31am On Jul 07, 2013
I hate when my younger ones complain about food... I feel it is not mature. I always need them to show maturity and dignity instead of allowing themselves to be insulted by a woman.
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 07, 2013
@Op..ur user name says it all!! Dazall!!
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Mustay(m): 8:46am On Jul 07, 2013
Royal Roy:
His issue is that HE DOESN'T EAT FISH and yet Madam purposely put fish in his food!!
I guess he referring to the maid meant, there was surplus meat & so why should his food have fish in it!!!!

All in all, @Op....Kulyie has said it all.
Make yourself scarce, make them miss u. Even if u have to go there, go there with all ur dignity & respect in place!!!!

How do we know madam purposely gave him fish (to spite him)

See all the big grammar fish cause. If the Oga at the top says nothing, you're on your own. Some things are not said with the mouth, just observe some salient messages.

Sometimes, conparing ourselves with others instead of first appreciating our favors matter, the meat may be good for a hardworking maid but the fish is more nutritious.

By the way, talking about salient messages, if she gave you ORI EJA, I bet you know what that means. wink cool
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Mustay(m): 8:47am On Jul 07, 2013
DP
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Princesszoe: 9:13am On Jul 07, 2013
kulyie: haba na.how can a visitor enter a married couples house and go into the kitchen to serve himself.that is being forward and rude.if it was a bachelors house,thats not a problem,but i think its crossing of boundary and i dont think many women will be happy about that.its just my thought,no matter how close you are with someone,once the person is married,a boundary has been created and you have to respect that.
Truth and nothing but the truth. No visitor or even in laws , have the right to go into the kitchen of their brother's wife to dish out food or even cook their own food except if the wife is out of town or out of the house or they got the permission from her. Is very bad and cannot be tolerated by many married women. Meanwhile the woman made a mistake. She should have changed the fish or even utter some placating words to the young man. I'd rather advise the young man to reduce his visit to that house. Meanwhile he should start ignoring some treatments given to him in that house.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by vivianc(f): 9:25am On Jul 07, 2013
This simply means she doesn'T wanT you in her house anymore, so respect yourself and stay away irrespective of how close you are To your uncle.

It shouldn't surprise you tho, some women do this all The Time. Play The good wives when They are coming in, and once They fully come in They chase Their husbands' people away.

This is evil.
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by EfemenaXY: 9:40am On Jul 07, 2013
vivianc: This simply means she doesn'T wanT you in her house anymore, so respect yourself and stay away irrespective of how close you are To your uncle.

It shouldn't surprise you tho, some women do this all The Time. Play The good wives when They are coming in, and once They fully come in They chase Their husbands' people away.

This is evil.

Not necessarily.

Presentation is everything. The way you present and conduct yourself in the presence of others determines how they'll treat you.

He's coming across as a grossly, dissatisfied in-law not happy with the quality and quantity of meat / fish served him and chose to report her 'bad' behaviour to her husband. What was he hoping to achieve?

Interfering in-law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua met Floyd Mayweather in my shop. / Is It True That Cinema Is In Shoprite Ringroad Ibadan / Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.