Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Let's Tour Together For Holiday - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Let's Tour Together For Holiday (3592 Views)

Traveling To Ghana For Holiday / Which European Country Is Best For Holiday? / How Much Does It Cost To Travel For Holiday In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Tour Together For Holiday by larn(m): 12:09am On Jul 07, 2013
Had anyone thought of forming a tour group here on this forum, tour group that could just take a trip around, starting from west africa countries.
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by larn(m): 12:17am On Jul 07, 2013
i am someone that loves travelling and sight-seeing alots and i think maybe it will be great and interesting if i could've some other people who have the same mind with me, travelling out to other places together and see what other places loos like together in oneness.
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by Nobody: 3:29am On Jul 07, 2013
Where do you want to travel to OP? And when do you plan to take this trip? I might be interested.
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by justwise(m): 6:47am On Jul 07, 2013
This is the second time somebody is coming up with this idea, it never worked, people end up getting milked

https://www.nairaland.com/894895/touring-africa-come-along-south#10419587
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by Afroprince(m): 10:10am On Jul 07, 2013
I am interested in this group if it will be genuine...We can do East African countries cos almost all of em we can get visa on arrival...my trip to Kenya was fantastic!!!
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by larn(m): 10:39am On Jul 07, 2013
fellis: Where do you want to travel to OP? And when do you plan to take this trip? I might be interested.

Thanks for the response and concern, where to travel to depends on the majority because its not a personal thing but its will be better to be a group decision. So the location will be decided by majority moreso we will have to consider somethings like time,money and conviniency
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by larn(m): 10:51am On Jul 07, 2013
justwise: This is the second time somebody is coming up with this idea, it never worked, people end up getting milked

@justwise thanks for your response also, i know that the issue of accountability might be issue, but i think that for accountability sake, anything that concern money will be handled by everybody because i'm not ready to collect any money from anyone
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by davidcarson(m): 1:03pm On Jul 07, 2013
am interested also.

1 Like

Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by adepojuot: 7:49pm On Jul 07, 2013
Me too,let's go to Libya by road,that will be sweet...
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2013
Here you go again adepojuot...........libya is not very safe now because of the killings and instability going since the fall of Gaddafi......why do you always prefer unsafe countries?
adepojuot: Me too,let's go to Libya by road,that will be sweet...

1 Like

Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 07, 2013
ogakpatakpata: Here you go again adepojuot...........libya is not very safe now because of the killings and instability going since the fall of Gaddafi......why do you always prefer unsafe countries?

No I dont...its actually the opposite....I want Nigerians to have a better life anyway they legitimately can...so i advice

them to travel...everything i say here about Nigeria is true....I dont make anything up...but some people done like it
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by Nobody: 2:26am On Jul 08, 2013
**okay**
Mr knowitall.:

No I dont...its actually the opposite....I want Nigerians to have a better life anyway they legitimately can...so i advice

them to travel...everything i say here about Nigeria is true....I dont make anything up...but some people done like it
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by henrimoto(m): 7:33am On Jul 08, 2013
adepojuot: Me too,let's go to Libya by road,that will be sweet...
@ igwee prof. ogakpatakpata. u suppose 2 no dat adepojuot is a joker! yess! it is out of management day dose dat ply dat road ply it. u think dose dat ply dat road if dey had enough money 4 flight fee and visa fee.. u think say dem no go like pass up go, than d suffer head wey dem go meet 4 road... d op. dat came up wit dis idea nos where to go by road safely without any yaga-yaga. dat is if this idea go succeed.. @adepojuot. bia, come! if ur hand no reach 4 d matter wey dey ground, make u no put mouth ooo. like me now.(henrimoto.) my hand no reach..! i don identify my self. adepojuot identify ur self...
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 08, 2013
larn:
@justwise thanks for your response also, i know that the issue of accountability might be issue, but i think that for accountability sake, anything that concern money will be handled by everybody because i'm not ready to collect any money from anyone
So how do you plan to do it? Are you not going to be the one in charge? Are we paying for our individual bus tickets/plane tickets?
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by tpia5: 10:00pm On Jul 08, 2013
justwise: This is the second time somebody is coming up with this idea, it never worked, people end up getting milked

its a good idea, the problem as always, remains the extremely high number of scammers, 419ers and otherwise unsavoury characters who are always on the lookout for potential victims.

its not the type of trip that should be taken with random strangers, you dont know their reason for organizing such.

in developed countries, it might be less risky, but in nigeria, unless there's a guarantee in the form of long acquaintance or something (dunno, since even that isnt foolproof), not too advisable.

however, to each his own.
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by justwise(m): 11:42pm On Jul 08, 2013
tpia@:

its a good idea, the problem as always, remains the extremely high number of scammers, 419ers and otherwise unsavoury characters who are always on the lookout for potential victims.

its not the type of trip that should be taken with random strangers, you dont know their reason for organizing such.

in developed countries, it might be less risky, but in nigeria, unless there's a guarantee in the form of long acquaintance or something (dunno, since even that isnt foolproof), not too advisable.

however, to each his own.

Spot on! Hope this will not be one of those , each time somebody start a thread like this some dodgy characters turn-up to show interest, months later it ends in tears.
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by justwise(m): 11:43pm On Jul 08, 2013
larn:

Let me take your words for it
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 08, 2013
justwise:

Spot on! Hope this will not be one of those , each time somebody start a thread like this some dodgy characters turn-up to show interest, months later it ends in tears.

grin grin grin
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by henrimoto(m): 3:13pm On Jul 09, 2013
@ fellis. u! u are laughing... ok. ooo.
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by adepojuot: 8:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
henrimoto: @ igwee prof. ogakpatakpata. u suppose 2 no dat adepojuot is a joker! yess! it is out of management day dose dat ply dat road ply it. u think dose dat ply dat road if dey had enough money 4 flight fee and visa fee.. u think say dem no go like pass up go, than d suffer head wey dem go meet 4 road... d op. dat came up wit dis idea nos where to go by road safely without any yaga-yaga. dat is if this idea go succeed.. @adepojuot. bia, come! if ur hand no reach 4 d matter wey dey ground, make u no put mouth ooo. like me now.(henrimoto.) my hand no reach..! i don identify my self. adepojuot identify ur self...
@henrimoto,my hand and my head dey there no be small,even if Na Iraq or Iran let's go there.

1 Like

Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 09, 2013
Yeah we can do it..but it will have to be next year.....Ill get a buss that will be big enough to handle all the

loads...we would start from lagos..to Benin...Togo then end in accra Ghana....and just stay there....because there is no

real need to go back my friend...but i will have to plan everything to avoid bad juju...
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 09, 2013
henrimoto: @ fellis. u! u are laughing... ok. ooo.

Make I frown face grin? Justwise said something funny so I laughed.
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 09, 2013
adepojuot: @henrimoto,my hand and my head dey there no be small,even if Na Iraq or Iran let's go there.
LWKMD
grin
Una no go kill me for this thread.
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by tollu: 1:26am On Jul 10, 2013

Milked? I came up with that thread and the idea never even took off, no funds or anything collected from anybody. Just went through the thread again and someone mentioned VIP Express scamming them. That is just the name of a company, just like anyone saying wakanow scammed them.
Please read through properly. No one scammed anyone based on the idea.

@OP
Cool idea. I'm down. let's hope, unlike me, you would have time to get things off the ground though. Cheers
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by ugsams(m): 8:36am On Jul 10, 2013
am in too... I have been waiting for a tour of West Africa, at least most of them are Visa free to us. Although the more the merrier but we don't have to be thousands of people for this trip to work. Let's set an agreed minimum number of people and if we get that we can decide on our budget, logistics, mode of travel, motive etc. I said motive, because we may have to achieve something from the trip besides pleasure. we can decide to design projects and programmes to implement in any of the visited country during the trip and seek support, sponsorship and donations from corporate bodies and individuals. we may set up a blog or website besides update on Nairaland to make it interactive and to update our followers. we may even document it in writings, still pictures and audiovisuals. We may also have to learn a little language besides English. Let us make decisions fast before it will be discouraged by some negative driven individuals.
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by justwise(m): 8:59am On Jul 10, 2013
tollu:

Milked? I came up with that thread and the idea never even took off, no funds or anything collected from anybody. Just went through the thread again and someone mentioned VIP Express scamming them. That is just the name of a company, just like anyone saying wakanow scammed them.
Please read through properly. No one scammed anyone based on the idea.

@OP
Cool idea. I'm down. let's hope, unlike me, you would have time to get things off the ground though. Cheers

Sadly you created the opportunity while some bogus members here took advantage of that.

Yours started just like this one, a lot of interest but that was just about it
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by henrimoto(m): 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
ugsams: am in too... I have been waiting for a tour of West Africa, at least most of them are Visa free to us. Although the more the merrier but we don't have to be thousands of people for this trip to work. Let's set an agreed minimum number of people and if we get that we can decide on our budget, logistics, mode of travel, motive etc. I said motive, because we may have to achieve something from the trip besides pleasure. we can decide to design projects and programmes to implement in any of the visited country during the trip and seek support, sponsorship and donations from corporate bodies and individuals. we may set up a blog or website besides update on Nairaland to make it interactive and to update our followers. we may even document it in writings, still pictures and audiovisuals. We may also have to learn a little language besides English. Let us make decisions fast before it will be discouraged by some negative driven individuals.
ahahahh.... bros, nice imput... but d concepts u are bringing in will make d tour a complex one! what d op. wanted was just a simple trip around (some) neighbouring west african countries, not (all) * op! am i in line with ur view?* with some group of like minds... just 4 few days... dis ur own concepts may take weeks or months... d easiest dat can b achieved within d tour is taking camera shots of some interesting place or video. and little documentation.
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by Naijalastborn(m): 2:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
Subscribing.....

lets go by Road and Tour West African countries.. Starting from the Neighbour Countries
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by tollu: 6:44am On Jul 11, 2013
justwise:

Sadly you created the opportunity while some bogus members here took advantage of that.

Yours started just like this one, a lot of interest but that was just about it

Uncle, I nor sure say me with you read the same thread.
How was an opportunity to scam created by the thread? Except there was a report elsewhere that no one else is familiar with then perhaps you need to go read it one more time.
A nairaland member saw the name of a suggested travel company and yelled foul, just as a warning to others to beware of said company.
Nothing was organised and no plans ever took off.
Fas as I know, no one got scammed directly or indirectly from said thread.

Done.
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by justwise(m): 7:39am On Jul 11, 2013
tollu:

Uncle, I nor sure say me with you read the same thread.
How was an opportunity to scam created by the thread? Except there was a report elsewhere that no one else is familiar with then perhaps you need to go read it one more time.
A nairaland member saw the name of a suggested travel company and yelled foul, just as a warning to others to beware of said company.
Nothing was organised and no plans ever took off.
Fas as I know, no one got scammed directly or indirectly from said thread.

Done.

Aunty, read the 4th post in that thread, you were planning that with ojdollars, he introduced the company( Vip Express Tourism Ltd)that people alleged that scammed them
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by ugsams(m): 8:46am On Jul 11, 2013
henrimoto: ahahahh.... bros, nice imput... but d concepts u are bringing in will make d tour a complex one! what d op. wanted was just a simple trip around (some) neighbouring west african countries, not (all) * op! am i in line with ur view?* with some group of like minds... just 4 few days... dis ur own concepts may take weeks or months... d easiest dat can b achieved within d tour is taking camera shots of some interesting place or video. and little documentation.

Am down for any of the travel options. I only made a suggestion which I think will be more adventurous and interesting. However even if we want to tour the west African countries we may not do it once. we may go to few countries at a time depending on consensus, the available time and resources.
Re: Let's Tour Together For Holiday by effisyman: 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
Lets get started.
Signify your interest by picking the next number, a minimum of 25 and maximum of 40 people will do.
Am number......

Next.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Luxembourg Visa / South Africa Ignores Nigeria, Grants Visa-free Status To Ghana / Advice about moving To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.