Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 (3404 Views)

R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D!!! US Unveils 16 Richest Politicians From Nigeria And Names Of U / Children Scramble In Gutters For Noodles,sweets Thrown By PDP In Lagos (photo) / R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D!!! Illiterate Buhari Will Destroy Nigeria - Oby Ezekwesili. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Brimmie(m): 2:36am On Jul 07, 2013
The Hausa-Fulani caucus leaders and those of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) have concluded a deal to wrest power from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2015, a political intelligence report recently made available to the Presidency has revealed.

The report prepared by some loyalists of the president was reported to have detailed the deal between the Yoruba leaders, mostly from the ACN under Senator Bola Tinubu and Hausa-Fulani elite under General Muhammadu Buhari.

According to the report, the opposition All Progressive Congress (APC) is to select its presidential standard-bearer from the North, while the vice-presidential candidate is to come from the South-West geopolitical zone.

The report noted further that opposition adopted this approach because of the conviction that the Hausa-Fulani and the Yoruba have the votes and the majority to deliver at the polls, especially as both Kano and Lagos are expected to fall into the hands of the opposition in 2015.

The deal also reportedly envisages giving a key portfolio to the South-East and the North-Central even as it suggests that the Hausa-Fulani population in the North-Central is growing by the day.

Sunday Tribune was told that deal has a mathematical undertone based on the electoral strength of the political zones in the country. According to the report, the opposition had reasoned that the South-West, currently controlled by ACN, has 19.4 per cent of the national voting population which in real terms translate to about 14.4 million voters. The North-West has about 26.9 per cent of the votes, meaning about 19 million votes while the North East has about 15.8 per cent of the votes which is about 11.6 million votes.
Opposition’s calculation, according to the report, is to claim, at least, half of votes in the North-East and another half in the North-Central, meaning about 11.5 per cent while the North-West and the South-West both controlled 46.3 per cent of the national voting population. The South-East and the South-South is regarded as having low voting threat even if bloc votes are delivered for the president.

A friend of the president and a former top minister, who is privy to the report, said the deal would have been ignored but for the danger it poses to the electoral strategy of the ruling party if the president decides to stand re-election.
“We are legitimately worried. The Hausa-Fulani connotes Muslim affiliation, even if you are a minority in the north. That widens the scope to include many states of the North-Central which is our base. We don’t want to dismiss the agenda without bringing it to the attention of the president”, the former minister from the North Central said.
According to him, “we have also done our political calculations too but we need to address this emerging threat. We must have our own inclusive strategy”, the politician said.
There are, however, reports that the Presidency, even before the report, had commenced moves to address nagging issues affecting the fortunes and image of the ruling party in the South-West.

A top party chief, who is directly involved in the feud rocking the party, told Sunday Tribune that political solution is being considered on such issues as the disputed office of the National Secretary and the zonal executive committee election scheduled to hold after the Ramadan.

According to the politician, “people have stepped into the matter to find a political solution. We are waiting for a resolution at least to reunite the party in the zone”, he said.
Some PDP bigwigs in the South-West were also reported to have used the launching for the reconstruction of the Lagos- Ibadan Expressway to push for further acceleration of implementation of federal projects in the zone.

Meanwhile, it was not clear what the response of the ruling party is to the report on the core north-Yoruba deal while it is also not clear yet how practicable the opposition agenda will be in reality.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/en/component/k2/item/16148-revealed-yoruba-hausa-fulani-deal-that-may-topple-pdp-in-2015-%E2%80%A2presidency-moves-to-appease-s-west.html
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 2:48am On Jul 07, 2013
Do the Yorubas really want a VP slot?
Anyway, SW belongs to the Yoruba and they are not PDP states, if Buhari leads the North,meanwhile Tinubu the god of yorubaland leads the YorubaS, when they merge and win(i rebuke). Omo.. Central no go suffer much cos some moslem hausas dey there, but Igbos for South East go cry eh..haha..South South folks go hear weeeeee..let us see if another militants won't break loose in SS if GEJ doesn't clinch the power in 2015. But trust Buhari, if SS releases militants in 2015 cos GEJ loses, Buhari will declare SOE in SS (a sorta revenge for what was done to his boys) then wipe them out like US drones. Trust a dictator na..lmao
2015 is interesting johr, will be like a movie.
All i know is GEJ has my vote and buhari ain't a true Democrat/Politician#
GEJ beats Buhari hands down.

1 Like

Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 2:50am On Jul 07, 2013
Mods why isn't this on front page yet? Come on Naija guys need to see this. Everybody has to.
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by basisop(m): 3:30am On Jul 07, 2013
No vacancy in Aso Rock! This mathematical based electoral strategy has always bn in place and has never worked. Kano and Lagos have always bn in the hands of the opposition.
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Ngwakwe: 3:40am On Jul 07, 2013
Nigeria needs computerised biometric database to ascertain its true Census Figures on State by State level.

If you want to know the real population of NE/ NW and the percentage growth compare them with Chad and Niger Republic with similar land mass, religion and culture.

In 1993 Chad was approx 6,000,000 and approximately 11M plus today while Niger Republic was then approx 13,000,000.

In 2009 Chad population grew to 10M plus meaning it's equal to Kano State of 2007.

All these lies got to stop for equity and peace to prevail.
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by dayokanu(m): 5:04am On Jul 07, 2013
Make Retardeen dey pack his luggage
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by musiwa29: 5:17am On Jul 07, 2013
In 14 years the ACN have not repair up to 50 schools in lagos. Compare with over 100 new schools built by Mimiko of the labour party in ondo state in 4 years. which get 1/4 of the revenue of the ACN in lagos. we do not tolerate mediocre

You can see why tinubu can not deliver anything for anybody.

90% of the schools in lagos for 14 years is still looking like this. That is not acceptable to the Yoruba people. compare to over 100 new school in ondo state.. in 4 years.. while lagos revenue is 4 times that of ondo state.

So you can see, that tinubu can not deliver you anything in a free and fair election.

[img]http://aderinola.files./2011/04/structure-2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-1wx6gak3nLw/T9CWPQz7GpI/AAAAAAAAAbE/RtjNn_49vHM/s1600/okitipupa+mega+school.JPG[/img]

1 Like

Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by musiwa29: 5:24am On Jul 07, 2013
To help you out the ACN merge with CPC. What it means for the ACN means.. It will loss all of its seat to the another party, including the governorship position. This is what the merge means.. if the election were free and fair.

Because by the time APC produce a northern candidate other party will produce a Yorubaman as candidate and the Yorubas will vote for that party and kick out the ACN from power.

So what the merge means for Aregbesola, or fayemi or ajimobi or Amosun is to be ready to pack their properties from the governor lodge in their respresentive state.. if the presidential candidate is not Yoruba. They will all be replace by new governors in the next election.

1 Like

Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by musiwa29: 5:31am On Jul 07, 2013
The schools in lagos. I can boost when I was in school. were the best anywhere in Nigeria. I can boost of this.
Lagos won back to back for several years science quiz and debate all across nigeria.

Probability of any state beating Lagos in a science quiz when I went to school was close to ZERO. there were only 3 school out of lagos that could compete with lagos school . one in the east, mayflower ikenne. and other one. I cant remember the name. There was no single northern school that could compete with lagos, not even barewa college(Produce Yar adua, Gowon, balewa, shagari,ahmadu bello,el rufia). This is how good lagos schools were.

But now see what democracy have done to lagos schools. It is pity.
When you look at the state of school all over nigeria. The military has a good reason to take over government. except in ondo state, because they have not done enough to repair the schools all over nigeria.
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by musiwa29: 5:36am On Jul 07, 2013
Awolowo will commit suicide, if awolowo saw children of lagos sitting on a floor. I can boost awolowo will commit suicide.
they should also do the same. go look for the near river.

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1154431_students_onthe_floor_jpg64de57d8b91f4dfd82737de0b9c2da9d[/img]
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 5:42am On Jul 07, 2013
What does Musiwa pictures and posts have to do with the topic here?

I hope the moderators know their jobs and delete this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Honadeadek(m): 5:46am On Jul 07, 2013
musiwa29: In 14 years the ACN have not repair up to 50 schools in lagos. Compare with over 100 new schools built by Mimiko of the labour party in ondo state in 4 years. which get 1/4 of the revenue of the ACN in lagos. we do not tolerate mediocre

You can see why tinubu can not deliver anything for anybody.

90% of the schools in lagos for 14 years is still looking like this. That is not acceptable to the Yoruba people. compare to over 100 new school in ondo state.. in 4 years.. while lagos revenue is 4 times that of ondo state.

So you can see, that tinubu can not deliver you anything in a free and fair election.

[img]http://aderinola.files./2011/04/structure-2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-1wx6gak3nLw/T9CWPQz7GpI/AAAAAAAAAbE/RtjNn_49vHM/s1600/okitipupa+mega+school.JPG[/img]

When analysing a Political point it is always ideal we come with logical reasons and conclusion.
I am not a Fan of Tinubu or his party CAN but I will like you not to ever paint Mimiko has the missing Messaiah of the Ondo State politics because of the following reasons:
1) The Mega School he has been constructed since the beginning of his first administration, Can you tell me the total number of student in the school now? My Answer: the school is yet to be completed and without a student for the past four years.

2) The Generator powered Street light he constructed for the people of Idanre has never been on for the past six month because of a reason unknown----- Is that a dividend of democracy?

3) Merging of items under the Residual list(Opening of modern market) which is the core duty of a local government with his own duty is that the MARKET the dividend of democracy his people deserve?

4) When last did you think Local Government staffs or the Public Schools teachers(Primary School) receives last the monthly salary? This is the money they worked for whether genuinely or not but a government keeps deceiving them with E-payments.

Del Tosque said and I quote " In every democracy, the People get the Government they deserve"

Can you tell me painting the whole of Akure and neglecting the other part of the State with the labour party Colour is the dividend the people deserve?
Don't forget that the colour is not for the state and when a new gladiator comes in from a new party, all of this will be repainted and tax payer money will be wasted. Can't we have a reasonable government at all levels?

Tinubu tries his best as He fought for Mimiko as a Man, He fought for true federalism although he has his flaws which is typical of any political settings e.g most of his family members in politics but he has never being the only one: Hillary Clinton as example, Jonah Jang son as another example, Olufemi Mimiko VC of AAUA as another example.

Let's brace up and think on what we cam offer the Nation not on empty promises of all this politicians.
God Bless Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by musiwa29: 5:51am On Jul 07, 2013
what i am saying is that parties have no idealogy or principle they believe. if someone believe in something. children will not be sitting on the floor.
when britian who were white rule nigeria. no single child sat on the floor in lagos. now imagine people been governors of lagos and children are sitting on the floor. Do you think this governors merit to be president. ? ask yourself the question.

Will you go and vote a governor of a state where children sit on the floor as president. What does that tell you about those governors. they will steal all of your money.

We dont have honest people in politics but more of chop and chop politics. this is what most of the politician have become. Will you vote for a person who your child sit on the floor in school as president. the answer is NO. nobody will. So people should not dream of president that they dont merit.

I cry the day I say this picture of this children sitting on the floor. that I decided I will make a change . You can go and Ask NATO. even if I am going to be charge for treason.. I dont give a shiit. that all i can say.

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1154431_students_onthe_floor_jpg64de57d8b91f4dfd82737de0b9c2da9d[/img]

1 Like

Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Danhumprey: 5:56am On Jul 07, 2013
I'am speechless. So in order not to say any rubbish and get banned,I will just do like this > lipsrsealed
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 07, 2013
Both ACN and PDP can rule for all I care,cos they are all same wine in different bottle.
Anybody that believes that a change in the ruling party would automatically transform to better governance is day dreaming. Opposition only rants,but do worse when in power.

1 Like

Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by musiwa29: 6:06am On Jul 07, 2013
look at the roads in ondo state.
No single one was built by the federal govt of Nigeria.. it was built by ondo state govt, compare to lagos where most road were built by federal. So lagos can not say they are using their money to build road. road built by lagos state government can not compete with that of ondo state or large as ondo state. go to lagos and check. If you see any big road in lagos. it was built by the federal govt many years ago.

Dont forget that been a governor of Ondo state, you have more problem than been governor of lagos. a small place in land space. Ondo state have over 400 cities, town and villages.

I just show you akure.. just one of several cities in ondo state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRPGWEz-PMk
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 07, 2013
Yomieluv: Both ACN and PDP can rule for all I care,cos they are all same wine in different bottle.
Anybody that believes that a change in the ruling party would automatically transform to better governance is day dreaming. Opposition only rants,but do worse when in power.
Not true! All the states in southwest that PDP had nothing to show for when they were in power are now being transformed by opposition party. If you don't give the opposition the chance to get there and govern, you have no right to characterize them as the same as PDP. You have tested PDP and you've seen how they have performed. You have not given the opposition the chance so don't condemn them. Continue with PDP if your are satisfied with what they've given you since 1999. Vote oppposition if you want change.
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by musiwa29: 6:29am On Jul 07, 2013
In the next 500 years people will use this road the ibadan to ilorin road and my idea will be there forever. I have done something for ilorin , ibadan, ogbomosho, oyo people. That they would be for ever grateful , I fought a good fight.

Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 07, 2013
sincerenigerian: Not true! All the states in southwest that PDP had nothing to show for when they were in power are now being transformed by opposition party. If you don't give the opposition the chance to get there and govern, you have no right to characterize them as the same as PDP. You have tested PDP and you've seen how they have performed. You have not given the opposition the chance so don't condemn them. Continue with PDP if your are satisfied with what they've given you since 1999. Vote oppposition if you want change.

It is not all about party but rather individuals.Some of the politicians today in APC used to be in PDP.Does it mean there are now saints.Even Gbenga Daniel was originally in AD before porting to PDP.

Governor Godswill Akpabio one of the best performing Governors in the country today is from the PDP.
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 07, 2013
chukwudi44:

It is not all about party but rather individuals.Some of the politicians today in APC used to be in PDP.Does it mean there are now saints.Even Gbenga Daniel was originally in AD before porting to PDP.

Governor Godswill Akpabio one of the best performing Governors in the country today is from the PDP.
There are good people in all political parties. My point is after dominance of PDP nationally for 14 years, it is obvious we have not fared better under PDP. It's time to try something else.
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by musiwa29: 6:42am On Jul 07, 2013
i do not think there is a room to compare mimiko to tinubu. tinubu did not do well as the governor of lagos.

Note lagos get 4 times that of ondo in revenue from IGR and federal allocation.

Let look at Market building in lagos..

Mimiko have constructed more than new 40 market compare to 0 that tinubu
Health care Mimiko have 100 to tinubu less than 3
School mimiko over 100 new school to tinubu 3 school
Road, mimiko 3 times better.
Stadium mimiko 1 , Tinubu 0, teslim balogun stadium was built by Modashiru completed by fashola who put sit in them.
fishing: Mimiko have 300 fish pond to tinubu 0
factory Mimiko have built several to tinubu 0
School bus Mimiko give free , Tinubu never did.
etc

I dont think anyone will vote for tinubu as president, he knows that, that why he never contested. because the sake are high in yorubaland, the bar is high, and because he knew he did not meet the criteria to be president among Yorubas , he never contested. this is the reason he did not contest for president.

1 Like

Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Temismith(f): 6:45am On Jul 07, 2013
Noted! undecided
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 07, 2013
Temismith: Noted! undecided
reply to my PM please. kiss kiss
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 07, 2013
Indeed the party that wins the election will be determined by the Hausas and Yorubas but then wont the election be rigged?? undecided...that's why the wise never vote because they know what's going on.
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by musiwa29: 6:56am On Jul 07, 2013
[
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 07, 2013
musiwa29: [size=38pt]with Jonathan.. his problem is corrupt is high in his govt..

Jonathan want to build a 80 kilometer of road for $1billion while obasanjo build a 120 kilometer of road in the same part of nigeria for $260 million.
[/size]

The Onitsha Owerri road, was put up for bid, a company CCC and Julius Berger were among the strong contenders. Berger#s quote was 5 times bigger than that of the CCC. CCC was awarded the contract, South East leaders kicked against it.

CCC started and soon it was obvious they could not deliver. The job was split into 2, CCC handled one part, and Berger handled the other.

Question is, why is Berger's quote 5 times?
You cant analyse these things from your thoughts only.
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Goddex: 7:41am On Jul 07, 2013
noblezone:

The Onitsha Owerri road, was put up for bid, a company CCC and Julius Berger were among the strong contenders. Berger#s quote was 5 times bigger than that of the CCC. CCC was awarded the contract, South East leaders kicked against it.

CCC started and soon it was obvious they could not deliver. The job was split into 2, CCC handled one part, and Berger handled the other.

Question is, why is Berger's quote 5 times?
You cant analyse these things from your thoughts only.

Musiwa is most likely referring to the Lagos - Ibadan expressway but forgetting to note that apart from the fact that inflation would have set in, the road now is expanded to six lanes upto Sagamu with about four flyovers and several pedestrian bridges
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Goddex: 7:48am On Jul 07, 2013
But seriously, would anyone ever vote Tinubu as Nigeria's President or Vice President? Just thinking aloud.

1 Like

Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by ogb5(m): 7:50am On Jul 07, 2013
You mean With all the acclaimed political sophistication of the yorubas, you mean all they want is a vp slot?

Will the average Yoruba man vote for a boko haram sponsor just so that his tribe's man can be vp?
I don't think so, but let's wait till 2015 and see if the yorubas are as docile as the hausas and will just vote a northerner just because their leader, tinubu told them to vote for a northerner
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by CROWE: 7:51am On Jul 07, 2013
Goddex: But seriously, would anyone ever vote Tinubu as Nigeria's President or Vice President? Just thinking aloud.

Iknorite? Fashola would probably seal the deal though.

ogb5: You mean With all the acclaimed political sophistication of the yorubas, you mean all they want is a vp slot?

Will the average Yoruba man vote for a boko haram sponsor just so that his tribe's man can be vp?
I don't think so, but let's wait till 2015 and see if the yorubas are as docile as the hausas and will just vote a northerner just because their leader, tinubu told them to vote for a northerner

They probably don't want VP slot but we are no more than animals if we are without our ability to compromise.
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 07, 2013
The election trend is gonna be SS/SE/MB vs NE/NW/SW.Those bragging about the high population of lagos should take time and ponder what percentage of the populations are to be constituted by non-indigenes.

The 2015 elections would bring a lot of factors to light.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breakingnews.... Lion Eating and Attacking People In Shagamu / Exploration Of Crude Oil First Started In Oloibiri, Owerri Or Around Ondo State? / BBC Said Nigeria Wouldn't Have Contain Ebola If Not For 50 Expert Send

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.