Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? (8711 Views)

Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. / Jesus Was A Black Man / The Black Woman Is God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by plaetton: 5:58am On Jul 07, 2013
Today, tens millions of black Africans, both at home and in the diaspora, will leave the comfort of their homes to go to church to praise and worship this man? - A white man, going by the images that we have all come to accept.

You can hardly go to a black man's household without seeing a portrait of this man hanging on the wall, his car or his wallet.

Who is this man?
More like, who was this man, what exactly did he do for Africa and or for humanity?

Africa has produced many great men over the many millenia, so has the entire humanity.

What great achievements sets this particular white man apart from all the great men of antiquity?
What sets him apart from all the great men who have sacrificed and contributed so much to the progress of our modern humanity?

This brings to mind one of my favourite poems that goes like this:

"God will not ask of thy house, nor of thy treasures,
Alone he will ask of thee,
What has thou done on Earth?"

History, both ancient and modern, is filled with countless men and women, who have, in my humble opinion, done sooo much more and contributed sooooooo much more to the progress of humanity than this adopted Tokumbo hero of the African people.

So my big question is:
What did this apparently blond hair, blue eyed Palestinian do on Earth, particularly in Africa, to deserve such overwhelming reverence and irrational obsession by Black Africans?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 07, 2013
People dont realise that religion is a drug like weed.

There are responsible people that smoke weed once in a while. You wouldnt know that they are weed smokers as it doesnt affect their work life. But even among these people, some of them will still drop out and become waste men.

There are irresponsible and lazy people that smoke weed frequently. Their brains have been fried from all the smoking and they live in filthy conditions since they dont do anything but smoke.

This is religion for you- a substance, if not taken carefully, will damage your brain and life.

When your brain is damaged, you can start imaging things and believing a whole lot of nonsense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 6:23am On Jul 07, 2013
lol...you sound like you are angry but I understand very much why you might be pissed. Sometimes when I think about just how much Mr ''Jesus'' is worshipped by black Africans who live in the sh.ithole of the world, I begin to wonder if blacks are really sane. To answer your question I really don't know why they worship him so much while they suffer so much too...anyway today I dey go ''church'' but na to go chop rice and take drink. MAN MUST WACK!!!!

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 07, 2013
I go chop Holy Communion if this hits frontpage...

Our people do not fear the questions, they fear the answers...

To break out of routine, to stand alone, to go against the tide.. that's unAfrican..

to be African is TO BELIEVE IN GOD(ALLAH OR YAHWEH), disregard your gods as belonging to the kingdom of darkness, and believe in all sorts of nonsense based on hearsay.......

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Danhumprey: 6:42am On Jul 07, 2013
All I can do or say is > lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by slikcipher(m): 8:05am On Jul 07, 2013
See frustration

1 Like

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by druid06(m): 8:08am On Jul 07, 2013
Just out of curiousity. Who are the great men Africa has produced throughout the millenia?

What were their contributions to the development of Africa?

Did these "great" African men bring civilization and western education to Africa?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by MrTroll(m): 8:19am On Jul 07, 2013
druid06: Just out of curiousity. Who are the great men Africa has produced throughout the millenia?

What were their contributions to the development of Africa?

Did these "great" African men bring civilization and western education to Africa?
embarassed I'm in tears brethren cry cry

Click here and be educated. sheeple!

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by manmustwac(m): 8:21am On Jul 07, 2013
He is a superstar a rockstar. Just tell him your problems via a prayer & your problems are solved. [s]Even though it may take up to five years or even more Jesus is always FAITHFUL[/s]He nevers FAILS!

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by k2039: 8:23am On Jul 07, 2013

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by deeobserver209(m): 9:13am On Jul 07, 2013
The problem with black man :
-Some of them are goddam racist.
-They're backward in their ability to reason.
-Most of them are hypocrites
-Terribly ignorant.
Who told you that's the picture of Jesus Christ?
Who told you he was white?
Supposed he was white, what's wrong with that?
Some black people are really a big shame to the African continent. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 07, 2013
k2039: [img]http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/39482407.jpg[/img]
Young man.. long time.. how way na?
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 07, 2013
deeobserver209: The problem with black man :
-Terribly ignorant.
Jesus was Black. Abraham's an Igbo name.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by k2039: 9:50am On Jul 07, 2013
musKeeto:
Young man.. long time.. how way na?
I'm fine and I trust that you are.
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by JuanDeDios: 9:53am On Jul 07, 2013
musKeeto:
Jesus was Black. Abraham's an Igbo name.
Actually, he was Zulu - that's why he fought the Canaanites who took Lot hostage with spears. It's his mother who was Ijebu, not Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:59am On Jul 07, 2013
nice thread Op. but our biased Mods will never put this on front page..

the front page is reserved for only christian threads.

the African man and his beliefs face discrimination on the streets, abroad, in his own home country and in his own National website as well.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by cold(m): 10:44am On Jul 07, 2013
Jesus or the story of Jesus Christ was a fraud of gargantuan proportions. How the black man has become so subsumed in a fraud that lived over 2000 years ago is saddening & pathetic.I once read an article on the web that put the whole Jesus Christ farce in proper perspective. Seriously,how can any rational being read the story of Jesus & not have an inkling that so many things don't just stack up beginning with the story of immaculate conception? Mary impregnated by the Holy Ghost undecided

We really don't know much about the actual history of the man known as Jesus. The Gospels are obviously not of much help - they're biased.

If the Gospels are more or less accurate, then he was either a high functioning schizophrenic, or at least had either schizotypal or histrionic personality disorder, or he was a fraud with a fantastic post-mortem PR engine. The thing is, Jesus was said to have performed MANY pretty amazing miracles prior to his death, and - this is shocking if any of it had happened - NONE of it is documented in any recorded history, other than those biased Gospels. He allegedly resurrected Lazarus from the dead, cured the blind, created food for people. No one wrote anything that stood the test of time? It's harder for me to believe that there would be no objective recording of these miraculous acts than that the miraculous acts occurred, in fact. That Jesus, so allegedly vocal about so many things, never actually wrote anything HIMSELF that stands as a testament to his actual thoughts is also very telling.

There is, I think, enough evidence to make a good case for the fact that Jesus, the man, actually existed as a historical figure; this is not to say that this still couldn't be disputed, and as it has been. However, the Jesus of the Gospels, and of modern Christian faith, is probably the fusion of messianic figures that were popping up left and right from about 1000 B.C. to 1000 A.D. Other legendary figures allegedly emerged that were capable of resurrecting others and themselves. Perhaps some or all of them were frauds, or high functioning psychotics. Who knows? The point is that the historical Jesus, if he even existed, was nearly 100% not like he is depicted in the Gospels, the only documents we really have to go on.

Was Jesus a fraud? Well, we know the story of Jesus was, with enough certainty to convince any rational person. The reason all of the historical facts and lack thereof are NOT convincing to Christians, when they would easily be convinced of other, more practical things with a far lesser need for evidence, is precisely because they are emotionally attached to their beliefs about Jesus. And, as far as I'm concerned, being emotionally attached to any belief is no proof as to the authenticity of such belief or belief systems.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 07, 2013
deeobserver209: The problem with black man :
-Terribly ignorant.

I am missing your point here

1 Like

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 07, 2013
@plaetton:

appears you like to hear the sound of your own voice.

It is actually ignorance to depict Jesus as a white man when history emphatically reinforces the fact that he was a middle eastern Jew with brown skin.

Regarding the great men Africa has produced in the past 1000 years, please mention names and state their enduring contribution to the black man, lol. grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by birdman(m): 11:10am On Jul 07, 2013
babe_online: lol...you sound like you are angry but I understand very much why you might be pissed. Sometimes when I think about just how much Mr ''Jesus'' is worshipped by black Africans who live in the sh.ithole of the world, I begin to wonder if blacks are really sane. To answer your question I really don't know why they worship him so much while they suffer so much too...anyway today I dey go ''church'' but na to go chop rice and take drink. MAN MUST WACK!!!!

Africans will tell you they dont care what color Jesus really was. But see how dem go vex if they see a picture of a Black Jesus. Insane indeed

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by tuagbo: 11:13am On Jul 07, 2013
Personally,i don't even believe Jesus Christ existed.Logicboy "the Great&tireless"how you dey?Keep staying strong for the rest of us

1 Like

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 07, 2013
birdman:

Africans will tell you they dont care what color Jesus really was. But see how dem go vex if they see a picture of a Black Jesus. Insane indeed
lol...do you mean Africans will be mad if they see a picture of a black Jesus or do you mean whites??
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by birdman(m): 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2013
babe_online:
lol...do you mean Africans will be mad if they see a picture of a black Jesus or do you mean whites??

I mean Africans. Which in itself is disturbing
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by birdman(m): 12:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
Dr. Henrike Clarke:

“My main point here is that if you are the child of God and God is a part of you, the in your imagination God suppose to look like you. And when you accept a picture of the deity assigned to you by another people, you become the spiritual prisoners of that other people.”

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
birdman:

I mean Africans. Which in itself is disturbing
chei! that's brainwashing mixed with inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
Religion has eaten African people's brain and it reflect in their daily life. It grows to racism. I when you select your white clothes to be washed first before the other colours..!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by cyrexx: 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2013
manmustwac: He is a superstar a rockstar. Just tell him your problems via a prayer & your problems are solved. [s]Even though it may take up to five years or even more Jesus is always FAITHFUL[/s]He nevers FAILS!

He never fails, but terms and conditions apply...

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Religion has eaten African people's brain and it reflect in their daily life. It grows to racism. I when you select your white clothes to be washed first before the other colours..!
yaba left... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by druid06(m): 2:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
Mr Troll: embarassed I'm in tears brethren cry cry

Click here and be educated. sheeple!

I'm not a religious zealot, I'm more like a free thinker. I do believe of a super-intelligent being but I am not sure where he truly exist in one form of religion or another.

Africa was living in the dark ages but the westerners invaded us and gave us enlightenment though some greedy ones saw how naive we were and took advantage of us. If they hadn't had visited Africa, we would still be wearing leaves to cover our nake-dness and hunting wild animals as food like savages so I give them kudos for that.

I told you to give me the names of Africans who has brought enlightenment to the continent Africa, and all you had to come up with was list of popular Africans. Did Nelson Mandella teach us how to read of write or did Didier Drogba help us create simple farming tools.

The question of who Jesus was is something I have learnt not to tamper with or any religious matter whatsoever. No one is absolutely certain if he was made up and just gargautan lie or if he truly existed and if he is the son of GOD but one thing I know, Christianity or any other religion has given people the means to Hope. Man without hope is nothing.

So stop asking yourself what this palenstine got to do with Africa but try to look for a solution to better the lives of those around you or simply just start from yourself.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:22pm On Jul 07, 2013
druid06:

Africa was living in the dark ages but the westerners invaded us and gave us enlightenment though some greedy ones saw how naive we were and took advantage of us. If they hadn't had visited Africa, we would still be wearing leaves to cover our nake-dness and hunting wild animals as food like savages so I give them kudos for that.

Wrong. THose were the period of the Kingdoms. its not called dark ages. Those were just the times. it was the way the whole world was running back then,

There is nothing wrong with wearing leaves (atleast back then or even now in villages), as our climate is very hot and we all were not wearing leaves, exactly. depends on the ethnicity, location, etc.

Hunting wild animals/subsistence hunting is a good clean way of life.

I don't see anything wrong here.

Did Nelson Mandella teach us how to read of write or did Didier Drogba help us create simple farming tools.

We learnt language already from our ancestors. And we had farming tools. My people , the Hausa are originally farmers. we knew how to make ploughs, hoes, etc. We even have a ritual centred around these farming implements.

The question of who Jesus was is something I have learnt not to tamper with or any religious matter whatsoever. No one is absolutely certain if he was made up and just gargautan lie or if he truly existed and if he is the son of GOD but one thing I know, Christianity or any other religion has given people the means to Hope. Man without hope is nothing.

[/font][/size]

THe scientifically learned and we all know that jesus was not the son of a god. A spiritual force cannot have a physical human child. it is against the laws of nature. and this son of god has not done anything to this world. instead his doctrines have made this world worse.

as for hope. he has created this scenario were everyone thinks they are going to land in hellfire. this sense of hopelessness has furthered created a situation whereby criminals who have murdered or comitted "sins" wont hesistate to do moreso again, since they know they are already doomed to hell.

or they may just commit a million crimes and then ask forgiveness from the "all merciful" jesus.

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Wrong. THose were the period of the Kingdoms. its not called dark ages. Those were just the times. it was the way the whole world was running back then,

There is nothing wrong with wearing leaves (atleast back then or even now in villages), as our climate is very hot and we all were not wearing leaves, exactly. depends on the ethnicity, location, etc.

Hunting wild animals/subsistence hunting is a good clean way of life.

I don't see anything wrong here.

We learnt language already from our ancestors. And we had farming tools. My people , the Hausa are originally farmers. we knew how to make ploughs, hoes, etc. We even have a ritual centred around these farming implements.

THe scientifically learned and we all know that jesus was not the son of a god. A spiritual force cannot have a physical human child. it is against the laws of nature. and this son of god has not done anything to this world. instead his doctrines have made this world worse.

as for hope. he has created this scenario were everyone thinks they are going to land in hellfire. this sense of hopelessness has furthered created a situation whereby criminals who have murdered or comitted "sins" wont hesistate to do moreso again, since they know they are already doomed to hell.

or they may just commit a million crimes and then ask forgiveness from the "all merciful" jesus.

Dont waste your time on him. He calls himself a druid....I'm sure he doesnt know what it means.

Imagine the guy praising his white masters as if they came peacefully to educate us.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by druid06(m): 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Dont waste your time on him. He calls himself a druid....I'm sure he doesnt know what it means.

Imagine the guy praising his white masters as if they came peacefully to educate us.

I think your moniker should be foo-lishness or stupi-dity as you never have anything reasonable to say.

Visit https://www.nairaland.com/1343722/username-change where I wrote a short note to Seun about my username change.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love / End Time Sign: Most Christians' Faith In God Is At All Time Low / The Many Lies Told By Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.