Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,026 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? (8707 Views)

Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. / Jesus Was A Black Man / The Black Woman Is God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 07, 2013
druid06:

I think your moniker should be foo-lishness or stupi-dity as you never have anything reasonable to say.

Visit https://www.nairaland.com/1343722/username-change where I wrote a short note to Seun about my username change.

So, your defense is that you were ignorant about the meaning of "druid"....wow

1 Like

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by druid06(m): 3:28pm On Jul 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Wrong. THose were the period of the Kingdoms. its not called dark ages. Those were just the times. it was the way the whole world was running back then,There is nothing wrong with wearing leaves (atleast back then or even now in villages), as our climate is very hot and we all were not wearing leaves, exactly. depends on the ethnicity, location, etc. Hunting wild animals/subsistence hunting is a good clean way of life.I don't see anything wrong here.

I used the term dark ages not as a derogative term relating to the way Africa was back then but as a way to compare the slow developmental process we were undergoing back then.

If you feel there's nothing wrong wearing leaves, I think you need to think again. I suspect you're fully claded there, May I ask why? Why don't you wear leaves??

Hunting wild animals was a good way to live and a good way for a man back then to sustain his family but what if the population growth of Africans in respect to the wild animals was in serious low. Don't you think that would be a medium of extinction to those animals?

We learnt language already from our ancestors. And we had farming tools. My people , the Hausa are originally farmers. we knew how to make ploughs, hoes, etc. We even have a ritual centred around these farming implements.
THe scientifically learned and we all know that jesus was not the son of a god. A spiritual force cannot have a physical human child. it is against the laws of nature. and this son of god has not done anything to this world. instead his doctrines have made this world worse.as for hope. he has created this scenario were everyone thinks they are going to land in hellfire. this sense of hopelessness has furthered created a situation whereby criminals who have murdered or comitted "sins" wont hesistate to do moreso again, since they know they are already doomed to hell.or they may just commit a million crimes and then ask forgiveness from the "all merciful" jesus.

You're abosolutely right about the fact that we already had our own form of communication and I am not disputing the fact that our ancestors used primitive tools for farming. Now my question to you is? If the white man hadn't visited Africa, do you think we would have gotten where we are today? Do you think we would have evolved into the way we are now? Do you think we would have measured intellectually to our western counterparts if they hadn't visited us long time ago and brought with them some knowledge. My anwers to that question is no. Call me a white worshipping african and whatever derogative name you might come up with but deep down inside, you know I'm right

Even before the advent of this modern day religion (Christianity and Islam [The two most contradictory religions]). We were ones pagans. The greeks had so many gods they were worshipping but people back then still had reasons to kill. Some kill to occupy new teritory, some kill others with contradictory believes to their gods, some kill just for the fun of it and crime was modestly high. Same with the romans and same with Africa too.

Since the beginning of time, man has alway been an animal, killing for no reason whatsoever and blaming it on a cause. It's in our blood, we were created that way but a religion saw a way to put man on a leash, to reduce that desire to kill and commit attrocities and they made up that part about everlasting burning pit and for a while, it worked. I might be wrong with this thesis though.

So my point is man has the tendency to wreck havoc and destroy so the few wise amongst us created religion (or was inspired by GOD) to keep us on a leash though some evil minded individuals and power mongrels saw a way to use religion as their personal tool for destruction too and obtain power. We are all one regardless of our skin colour and our differences. The only way mankind would ever come to peace is if we start accepting others differences and look beyond our skin colours.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by druid06(m): 3:32pm On Jul 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Dude, I don't have time for your likes.

I know the meaning of druid. Q.E.D

Go find a poor sucker to pester.
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

druid06:

I think your moniker should be foo-lishness or stupi-dity as you never have anything reasonable to say.

Visit https://www.nairaland.com/1343722/username-change where I wrote a short note to Seun about my username change.

oh my Gods! you didn't know the meaning of druid

are you a christian btw?
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by druid06(m): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

oh my Gods! you didn't know the meaning of druid

are you a christian btw?

I recently just found out about a month ago when I accidently read an article about the subject.

I don't know if I would say I qualify as a christian. I'm from a Christian background though. I think I'm just neutral with the whole religion thing at the moment.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by plaetton: 5:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
druid06:

Now my question to you is? If the white man hadn't visited Africa, do you think we would have gotten where we are today? Do you think we would have evolved into the way we are now? Do you think we would have measured intellectually to our western counterparts if they hadn't visited us long time ago and brought with them some knowledge. My anwers to that question is no. Call me a white worshipping african and whatever derogative name you might come up with but deep down inside, you know I'm right

You seem to have a very narrow view of human history.
Human life began in Africa. That is not disputable.
Human Civilisation began in Africa and spread forth. That is is not disputable.

Civilisation is spread mainly through trade and conquest as people come into contact with new ideas and new cultures. It is usually a gradual process of assimilation as smaller and less sophisticated cultures are subsumed by larger more dominant cultures.
The tropical rain forest climate and vegetation in sub-sahara Africa made it particularly difficult for trade and conquest.
So, for many millenia, small pockets of tribes were isolated from the greater and the dynamic civilisations of the northern hemispheres.
We still see that today in Amazon regions of Brazil where there are still some pockets of tribes that are yet to be exposed to modern civilisation.

Believe it or not, Islam, yes Islam, brought civilisation to Europe.

The idea that the Europeans saved us from something is rubbish. They came to loot for their dying empires, and religion, something they understood very well, served as a wonderful and effective tranquilizer for native tribes of Africa.
When the Europeans, tired and devastated by centuries of religious wars, went out to seek new resources in Africa, they inevitably brought their own cultures, religion and civilisations to Africa. The religion, ofcourse, was their ultimate weapon for long term dominion of the African people.
Religion, a tranquilizer that, when administered once, permanently takes over the mind and replicates itself for eternity, unless interrupted by a catastrophic event, such as a good education and the triumph of reason.

druid06:

a religion saw a way to put man on a leash, to reduce that desire to kill and commit attrocities and they made up that part about everlasting burning pit and for a while, it worked. I might be wrong with this thesis though.

So my point is man has the tendency to wreck havoc and destroy so the few wise amongst us created religion (or was inspired by GOD) to keep us on a leash though some evil minded individuals and power mongrels saw a way to use religion as their personal tool for destruction too and obtain power.

Did you say that religion puts man on a leash to reduce the desire to kill and commit atrocities?
shocked
Have you read the bible yet?
Have you heard of crusade?
Have you heard of Islam and jihad?

Correction: Religion puts man on a yolk, and compels him to hate, exploit, kill and commit atrocicities in the name and on behalf of the god of his religion.

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by druid06(m): 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
plaetton:
You seem to have a very narrow view of human history.
Human life began in Africa. That is not disputable.
Human Civilisation began in Africa and spread forth. That is is not disputable.

Civilisation is spread mainly through trade and conquest as people come into contact with new ideas and new cultures. It is usually a gradual process of assimilation as smaller and less sophisticated cultures are subsumed by larger more dominant cultures.
The tropical rain forest climate and vegetation in sub-sahara Africa made it particularly difficult for trade and conquest.
So, for many millenia, small pockets of tribes were isolated from the greater and the dynamic civilisations of the northern hemispheres.
We still see that today in Amazon regions of Brazil where there are still some pockets of tribes that are yet to be exposed to modern civilisation.

Believe it or not, Islam, yes Islam, brought civilisation to Europe.

The idea that the Europeans saved us from something is rubbish. They came to loot for their dying empires, and religion, something they understood very well, served as a wonderful and effective tranquilizer for native tribes of Africa.
When the Europeans, tired and devastated by centuries of religious wars, went out to seek new resources in Africa, they inevitably brought their own cultures, religion and civilisations to Africa. The religion, ofcourse, was their ultimate weapon for long term dominion of the African people.
Religion, a tranquilizer that, when administered once, permanently takes over the mind and replicates itself for eternity, unless interrupted by a catastrophic event, such as a good education and the triumph of reason.

Did you say that religion puts man on a leash to reduce the desire to kill and commit atrocities?
shocked
Have you read the bible yet?
Have you heard of crusade?
Have you heard of Islam and jihad?

Correction: Religion puts man on a yolk, and compels him to hate, exploit, kill and commit atrocicities in the name and on behalf of the god of his religion.

In total, your points are compelling and not so different as to what I was trying to say but you made the points more bold and more effectively to stand but there's some aspect of your views I think are contradictory to mine.

You say life began in Africa. Science teaches us that and with proof so that is undisputed but religion says another. So for the sake of derailing, I would keep religion aside. You say civilization started in Africa and here is the part I don't understand. How did it start? Do Ethopians and Egyptians considered themselves Africans? I would understand your argument being civilization started in Egypt but my question is, does Egyptian call themselves Africans. You already know the answer to that question which is no. If Egyptians and Ethopians never considered themselves to be Africans, how did civilization started in Africa.. Am I making sense?

You say Islam brought civilization to Europe. I don't agree with this but I would keep calm because I'm not sure so kindly explain how.

I also totally agree with you on the fact that the Europeans came into to Africa to loot for their dying empires and use religion as a weapon while inadvertly bringing civilization to Africa.

Now here's the question: On your first paragraph, you mentioned something about Africa being civilized then you further on went to say the Europeans inadvertly brought civilization to Africa. Are you not contradicting your statement? If Africa as you say was already civilized, how did the Europeans bring civilization to a continent that already was civilized?? Are you getting my argument?

I would stand on my ground about what I said about religion putting man on a leash and reducing his desire to commit hateful crimes towards others.

I have read the Bible countless of times that I can remember how many times I've held the book. I know there are stories that depicted serious destruction of lives and properties but the part people like you tend to forget is that there are two parts of the Bible. The old and the new testaments. Even though the new testament is directly contradictory to the old testament, it teaches the Christians new laws as to how to live. The new testament teaches Christians about tolerating each other and people of other faiths, about loving one another and about the consequences if Christians don't measure up to that standard. The old testament is there in the Bible as just a reminder to Christians how things have changed.

Now for the sake of derailing anymore, the reason why I believe religion (Christianity) has somehow tamed man desire for destruction is in the Bible. The Bible made Christians understand the peril of not going through with God's commandment is death and those unfaithfuls would be cast into a pit of burning pit forever and those who obey would live everlasting lifes in Paradise. Nobody wants to be thrown into an endless pit of burning flame so sometimes, that is a warning to those who want to commit attrocities and in a way Christianity has tamed man's desire for destruction.

A religion like Islam, I can't vouch for because I don't understand what their value is, I haven't read their Quran and Hadith but from the look of things happen around me and in the muslim nations, I can't say I'm impressed.

The Bible teaches about love, respect, accepting other people differences and if we as human's could abide by that rule, I think there would be everlasting peace. Also, there are smart people out there who read between the lines of this Holy books and use them to perpetrate evil for the purpose of getting power and what not. I hope I've made some sense.

Even before the advent of religion, man has always exploited, killed and commited atrocicities.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2013
druid06:

In total, your points are compelling and not so different as to what I was trying to say but you made the points more bold and more effectively to stand but there's some aspect of your views I think are contradictory to mine.

You say life began in Africa. Science teaches us that and with proof so that is undisputed but religion says another. So for the sake of derailing, I would keep religion aside. You say civilization started in Africa and here is the part I don't understand. How did it start? Do Ethopians and Egyptians considered themselves Africans? I would understand your argument being civilization started in Egypt but my question is, does Egyptian call themselves Africans. You already know the answer to that question which is no. If Egyptians and Ethopians never considered themselves to be Africans, how did civilization started in Africa.. Am I making sense?

You say Islam brought civilization to Europe. I don't agree with this but I would keep calm because I'm not sure so kindly explain how.

I also totally agree with you on the fact that the Europeans came into to Africa to loot for their dying empires and use religion as a weapon while inadvertly bringing civilization to Africa.

Now here's the question: On your first paragraph, you mentioned something about Africa being civilized then you further on went to say the Europeans inadvertly brought civilization to Africa. Are you not contradicting your statement? If Africa as you say was already civilized, how did the Europeans bring civilization to a continent that already was civilized?? Are you getting my argument?

I would stand on my ground about what I said about religion putting man on a leash and reducing his desire to commit hateful crimes towards others.

I have read the Bible countless of times that I can remember how many times I've held the book. I know there are stories that depicted serious destruction of lives and properties but the part people like you tend to forget is that there are two parts of the Bible. The old and the new testaments. Even though the new testament is directly contradictory to the old testament, it teaches the Christians new laws as to how to live. The new testament teaches Christians about tolerating each other and people of other faiths, about loving one another and about the consequences if Christians don't measure up to that standard. The old testament is there in the Bible as just a reminder to Christians how things have changed.

Now for the sake of derailing anymore, the reason why I believe religion (Christianity) has somehow tamed man desire for destruction is in the Bible. The Bible made Christians understand the peril of not going through with God's commandment is death and those unfaithfuls would be cast into a pit of burning pit forever and those who obey would live everlasting lifes in Paradise. Nobody wants to be thrown into an endless pit of burning flame so sometimes, that is a warning to those who want to commit attrocities and in a way Christianity has tamed man's desire for destruction.

A religion like Islam, I can't vouch for because I don't understand what their value is, I haven't read their Quran and Hadith but from the look of things happen around me and in the muslim nations, I can't say I'm impressed.

The Bible teaches about love, respect, accepting other people differences and if we as human's could abide by that rule, I think there would be everlasting peace. Also, there are smart people out there who read between the lines of this Holy books and use them to perpetrate evil for the purpose of getting power and what not. I hope I've made some sense.

Even before the advent of religion, man has always exploited, killed and commited atrocicities.

The bible is a book of hate not love. The old testament is full of hate for foriegners, unbelievers and homosexuals.

The New testament is full of hate for women and pharisees.

BTW, Ethopians and Egyptians consider themselves African. You are ignorant like every other average christian I have met

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Horus(m): 11:35pm On Jul 07, 2013
Accepting an imported Alien Religion has killed our peoples minds!. The African does not know the consequences of accepting AN ALIEN RELIGION. If an African accepts Judaism and Christianity as his religion, he has accepted the Caucasian as his visible God. The same with Islam, if an African person accepts Al Islam and its many branches as there religion, then it accepts the Desert Arab as his God. That person cannot have power over, or be equal to the Caucasian, or Arab because here, the Caucasian and the Arab has been accepted as the superior power, and this is why trying to obtain liberty and equality in Caucasian or Arab religion or any alien religion is a CRUEL HOAX! If you look at all of the so called Holy Books that our people are into, they all portray the image of someone other than self. There is not a face of Black/African people of any of these imported religions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 08, 2013
*sighs*
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by MrTroll(m): 10:55am On Jul 08, 2013
druid06:

Africa was living in the dark ages but the westerners invaded us and gave us enlightenment though some greedy ones saw how naive we were and took advantage of us. If they hadn't had visited Africa, we would still be wearing leaves to cover our nake-dness and hunting wild animals as food like savages so I give them kudos for that.
what nonsense is this? Where did civilization start? And who told you they came to give us enlightenment?
I bet china and japan had to wait for westerners before they started wearing clothes? Nonsense!

I told you to give me the names of Africans who has brought enlightenment to the continent Africa, and all you had to come up with was list of popular Africans. Did Nelson Mandella teach us how to read of write or did Didier Drogba help us create simple farming tools.
didier drogba and mandela definitely did more for africa than the so called jesus. That was my point. I hope you get it now. Was jesus the one who taught us how to write or help us create farming tools?

The question of who Jesus was is something I have learnt not to tamper with or any religious matter whatsoever. No one is absolutely certain if he was made up and just gargautan lie or if he truly existed and if he is the son of GOD but one thing I know, Christianity or any other religion has given people the means to Hope. Man without hope is nothing.
blah blah blah...

So stop asking yourself what this palenstine got to do with Africa but try to look for a solution to better the lives of those around you or simply just start from yourself.

The solution lies first in letting our folks know that they have to let go of the invisible palestine and learn how to tackle their problems themselves.
Praying to a dead man would do them no good. Kapisce?

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 08, 2013
^^^
damn..

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

The bible is a book of hate not love. The old testament is full of hate for foriegners, unbelievers and homosexuals.

The New testament is full of hate for women and pharisees.

BTW, Ethopians and Egyptians consider themselves African. You are ignorant like every other average christian I have met
GOD is a just God that punishes sin. He is also a loving and merciful father, thats why he tolerates your foolishness and ignorance. You are the most ignorant of all the atheists i've met so far on nairaland. You read the bible with a myopic mind, only trying to justify your false logic. God punishes sin, and you call that hatred. He critized the religious nature of the pharisees and you call that hatred. Smh
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:54am On Jul 08, 2013
I remember my mama begging me not to marry a white girl, all the while holding a rosary in her hand. She had a small statue of virgin mary near her bed. She prays to this white girl every day but somehow his son marying one that looks like her is an abomination.

The rot is deep indeed. Even marijuana smoking has limits.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:57am On Jul 08, 2013
druid06:

I'm not a religious zealot, I'm more like a free thinker. I do believe of a super-intelligent being but I am not sure where he truly exist in one form of religion or another.

Africa was living in the dark ages but the westerners invaded us and gave us enlightenment though some greedy ones saw how naive we were and took advantage of us. If they hadn't had visited Africa, we would still be wearing leaves to cover our nake-dness and hunting wild animals as food like savages so I give them kudos for that.

I told you to give me the names of Africans who has brought enlightenment to the continent Africa, and all you had to come up with was list of popular Africans. Did Nelson Mandella teach us how to read of write or did Didier Drogba help us create simple farming tools.

The question of who Jesus was is something I have learnt not to tamper with or any religious matter whatsoever. No one is absolutely certain if he was made up and just gargautan lie or if he truly existed and if he is the son of GOD but one thing I know, Christianity or any other religion has given people the means to Hope. Man without hope is nothing.

So stop asking yourself what this palenstine got to do with Africa but try to look for a solution to better the lives of those around you or simply just start from yourself.

The bolded is your problem. You accept without questionning because you are afraid of the answers.

I question everything. There was this president that once made a wise statement: trust, but verify. When you start applying that, your life will take a better trajectory.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2013
I wonder if the op has read 2 corinthians 5:16 before...we know christ now as the powerful and very much alive son of God, the messiah. Not a white or black or yellow man. He was from israel according to the flesh, but was announced to be the son of God with power by the ressurection from the dead(romans 1:3,4)
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:22pm On Jul 08, 2013
Chibuebem: GOD is a just God that punishes sin. He is also a loving and merciful father, thats why he tolerates your foolishness and ignorance. You are the most ignorant of all the atheists i've met so far on nairaland. You read the bible with a myopic mind, only trying to justify your false logic. God punishes sin, and you call that hatred. He critized the religious nature of the pharisees and you call that hatred. Smh

You sound confused about your god. Does he punish or tolerate? You can't have it both ways.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:23pm On Jul 08, 2013
Chibuebem: I wonder if the op has read 2 corinthians 5:16 before...we know christ now as the powerful and very much alive son of God, the messiah. Not a white or black or yellow man. He was from israel according to the flesh, but was announced to be the son of God with power by the ressurection from the dead(romans 1:3,4)

If the book said it, it must be so. Mumu.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by plaetton: 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2013
Chibuebem: I wonder if the op has read 2 corinthians 5:16 before...we know christ now as the powerful and very much alive son of God, the messiah. Not a white or black or yellow man. He was from israel according to the flesh, but was announced to be the son of God with power by the ressurection from the dead(romans 1:3,4)

And how many Natives of Israel are reading your 2 Corinthians 5:6?

That is exactly my point. Even the people who were there tell you that it's all a fairy tale, no, a fraud, but you, a black African from Far away Africa, adopted this co.c.k and bull story as your own to create and live in your own fragmented reality.

Son of god my foot!

Should we examine the biography of this son of god who ,I suppose, Journeyed many light years from the heavenly above to reside amongst men for 33yrs?.

What is the legacy that this most august visitor left for humanity, particularly Africa?

Did he visit Africa? Did go on a world tour?
He just confined himself to a few villages for 33yrs and left, and the rest of the world just expected to hear about it and believe?

And even if he did come, and so what?

What exactly did he achieve for himself, or for mankind. In what way did his being amongst humans, advance the human race in any meaningful and positive way, compare to the great men of history?

I am quite sure you are going to say that he came to do some spiritual mumbo jumbo work!
To that I would say: Really?
Why come to Earth, a physical world , to do a spiritual work?
Since we are currently living in a physical world, Infact the only world we know, of what use is, or has spiritual work ever been to mankind?

Show me an iota of proof that whatever spiritual transformation Jesus came to perform actually worked in any way.

I can argue that he left the world a much more divided, fragmented, and confusing place than he met it.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by MrTroll(m): 3:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
^^^
Gbam! Gbammer!! Gbammest!!!

Btw plaetton, you neva explain that random thingy o!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2013
plaetton: Today, tens millions of black Africans, both at home and in the diaspora, will leave the comfort of their homes to go to church to praise and worship this man? - A white man, going by the images that we have all come to accept.

You can hardly go to a black man's household without seeing a portrait of this man hanging on the wall, his car or his wallet.

Who is this man?
More like, who was this man, what exactly did he do for Africa and or for humanity?

Africa has produced many great men over the many millenia, so has the entire humanity.

What great achievements sets this particular white man apart from all the great men of antiquity?
What sets him apart from all the great men who have sacrificed and contributed so much to the progress of our modern humanity?

This brings to mind one of my favourite poems that goes like this:

"God will not ask of thy house, nor of thy treasures,
Alone he will ask of thee,
What has thou done on Earth?"

History, both ancient and modern, is filled with countless men and women, who have, in my humble opinion, done sooo much more and contributed sooooooo much more to the progress of humanity than this adopted Tokumbo hero of the African people.

So my big question is:
What did this apparently blond hair, blue eyed Palestinian do on Earth, particularly in Africa, to deserve such overwhelming reverence and irrational obsession by Black Africans?
dat is not His face... tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue lol
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by plaetton: 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2013
Mr Troll: ^^^
Gbam! Gbammer!! Gbammest!!!

Btw plaetton, you neva explain that random thingy o!

Mr Troll, hand of Esau and Voice of Jacob, lol,
You de find my trouble o.
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:55pm On Jul 08, 2013
druid06:

You're abosolutely right about the fact that we already had our own form of communication and I am not disputing the fact that our ancestors used primitive tools for farming. Now my question to you is? If the white man hadn't visited Africa, do you think we would have gotten where we are today? Do you think we would have evolved into the way we are now? Do you think we would have measured intellectually to our western counterparts if they hadn't visited us long time ago and brought with them some knowledge. My anwers to that question is no. Call me a white worshipping african and whatever derogative name you might come up with but deep down inside, you know I'm right

primitive tools? My bro, at the end of the day how primitive can you get in agriculture? Most of the tools used then are still used today.

If you are talking about the invention of the engine, that was driven by the industrial revolution and social upheavals in europe. I mean, at the end of the day, the engines, rotors, etc., are very polluting and are for mass-production. What use are they for the average small-scale farmer, whos entire life is spent around the field?

where have I gotten? Do you think my position right now is not riddled with its own problems. at the end of the day, my situation is no better than that of the average farmer, if not worse. Our livestyle is better, but it is very complicated. The lifestyle then was simpler. its all a balancing act.

DO you think the chemical composition of an atom or the workings of an engine matter to the average Herdsman? Why would he bother breaking his head on such things? you get my drift?

hasn't all this technological stuff brought international problems, bloodshed, global warming, forest depletion, extinction, etc.?

The question is not whether we would have gotten here. The question is, was this artificial change necessary? Now us 3rd world countries are stuck in limbo, and are reduced to lick the feet of the superpowers, always begging for aid and facing starvation and internal crisis.

we are animals as you aptly said. believe it or not , we have our own unique eco-system. Everything has its own mechanism and timing of work. As the Pagan Arabs used to say, "the course of action was decided by the Fates". We would've gradually gotten there if we wanted to.

No. I won't call you white-worshipping or whatever, because these are genuine questions. its understandable.

Even before the advent of this modern day religion (Christianity and Islam [The two most contradictory religions]). We were ones pagans. The greeks had so many gods they were worshipping but people back then still had reasons to kill. Some kill to occupy new teritory, some kill others with contradictory believes to their gods, some kill just for the fun of it and crime was modestly high. Same with the romans and same with Africa too.

Many of us are still Pagans. don't push it into history.

The point is, they not only killed but they will continue to kill. It is human.

but did we kill in the name of religion?

on such a pointless thing? That is a question you have to ask yourself. .

Since the beginning of time, man has alway been an animal, killing for no reason whatsoever and blaming it on a cause. It's in our blood, we were created that way but a religion saw a way to put man on a leash, to reduce that desire to kill and commit attrocities and they made up that part about everlasting burning pit and for a while, it worked. I might be wrong with this thesis though.

Yes I agree. we still are animals. I am an animal.

However (abrahamic) religion now gave us a reason to kill in the name of religion.

So my point is man has the tendency to wreck havoc and destroy so the few wise amongst us created religion (or was inspired by GOD) to keep us on a leash though some evil minded individuals and power mongrels saw a way to use religion as their personal tool for destruction too and obtain power. We are all one regardless of our skin colour and our differences. The only way mankind would ever come to peace is if we start accepting others differences and look beyond our skin colours.

what is tainted , must be eliminated. it has no use.

Our respective tribes, our nations, our parents, our culture have already given us morals and laws. We don't need the laws and morals of another land to dictate their terms to us, WHATEVER IT BE.

who talks about skin colour? if not the half-bred mongrels who have no ethnicity?

do you think I care for skin colour?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
druid06:

What is Africa? It is a man-made term to describe our continent by the colonists and by the Arabs for the Maghreb region.

I dont care for any Africa. I know Kano, I know Katsina, and now I know Nigeria, but what is this Africa?

My realm is Hausaland. and today for now it is Nigeria. Africa doesn't provide me with passport, healthcare, education, etc. Nigeria provides me with that.

did Egyptians care for Africa? No. Whatever they conquered became Egypt. Thats all that mattered to them. Did Shaka Zulu care for Africa? NO. WHatever he conquered became his Zulu Confederation.

Let the Jews keep their laws unto themselves, let the Arabs keep their laws unto themselves, let the Igbo keep their laws unto themselves, let the Gikuyu keep their laws unto themselves.

THey don't need to act smart and try to put it on us. Would you like if tommorrow a muslim dude subjugated you to accept Sharia'a

Let it teach love, respect, etc. I can keep it in my library, if I don't need these basic values. But do I need to accept it as my RELIGION.. my SPIRITUAL BELIEFS. does that mean I have to worship an ISRAELI DUDE.
DO I HAVE TO IMMERSE MY NEW BORN INTO WATER?

NO. that is not the deal.

Even before the advent of religion, man has always exploited, killed and commited atrocicities over sensible issues like land, kingdomes, civilization, etc.

[size=16pt]NEVER ON RELIGION. NEVER TO IMPOSE THEIR IDENTITY ON OTHERS. NEVER TO IMPOSE THEIR PERSONAL BELIEFS ON OTHERS.[/size]

When the Pagan Romans took over Gaul, over the lands of the Britonic tribes, over Egypt , Persia, etc. did they impose their beliefs

NO! Instead they themselves appreciated and absorbed the aspects and beliefs of the conquered lands.

Today you find ancient temples of Mithras (Persian God ) in London and Temples of Isis (Egyptian Goddess) in Rome.

The Romans never abandoned their religion and identity, neither did they force their beliefs on others. They just provided a harmonious co-existence.

Why was the Roman Governor stationed @ Israel hesitant to execute jesus? Because he didn't want any religious tribal. Its only when christians started fanaticm and inciting against their religions, governments, etc., did they start feeding xtians to the lions.

They never fed Persians or Berbers or Arabs (Pagans) to the Lions. THey never outlawed their religions. Only christianity.

the acutal jews back then did not proselytize heavily because they were aware of this unspoken truce. Infact jews used to help the Pagan Arabs in their worship, war, etc.

christianity created religious discord and spawned islam. now we need to eliminate this disease.

The first seed of this disease was cast, the day abraham rejected the Canaanite Gods to worship one Yhwh. since, then , the world has known no peace.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Horus(m): 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2013
The white Jesus of Christianity makes black saviours harder to develop amongst our own race and makes Africans reluctant to do for self depending only on Caucasians for help. Christianity is a negative force to Africans. What happens is the white Jesus character is positioned as a saviour in the minds of Africans. Unlike the west nearly all Africans in Africa don’t know the full mentality of Caucasians in the west.Without studying the diversity in Caucasian nature, and often with the white Jesus being the only non-black face seen in thousands of villages throughout Africa,a god complex occurs. A belief system that ties a certain race or individual closer to god (God Complex). Millions of Africans believe Caucasians are their saviours through Jesus so they do not get up to change their own lives. The corrupt political leaders of Africa use 2nd and 3rd Reich tactics to maintain control, because this is all they have learnt from alternative Caucasian history on how to govern. They could only see this as an alternative way of managing a country without introducing liberalism, which in their eyes would lead to the eventual loss of ethical morality. They continually implement Caucasian economic and religious ideology into Africa, which is not in line with the nature of the African, therefore it will never work.You can tell that these African governments still follow the Caucasian ideologies from what is taught in their school systems. The African school education system is completely warped. In Mali today in the school education system they teach children that mankind is about two million years old. Yet in that same country bones where found of Africans 28 Million years old. They continue to follow the European school system, which is continually warping their universal consciousness. They know more about Christopher Columbus and Christianity than their own African cultures.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by TerryCarr(m): 6:26pm On Jul 08, 2013
Africa is in the dark ages now

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by TerryCarr(m): 6:32pm On Jul 08, 2013

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 08, 2013
Why is this Christ Jesus (Not that american picture you posted up there) a troubling to this ever searching but never coming to the knowledge of the Truth in Him. Kai why hit your head on the wall so relentless? Gosh una never tire? After sometime the come up wit another reason to bash! Nna men Yashua you too much oh! I like your style oh, You are just resting until your enemies are placed under your foot. grin grin cool cool

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by nnofaith: 8:43pm On Jul 08, 2013
plaetton:

That is exactly my point. Even the people who were there tell you that it's all a fairy tale, no, a fraud, but you, a black African from Far away Africa, adopted this co.c.k and bull story as your own to create and live in your own fragmented reality.

Son of god my foot!

Should we examine the biography of this son of god who ,I suppose, Journeyed many light years from the heavenly above to reside amongst men for 33yrs?.

What is the legacy that this most august visitor left for humanity, particularly Africa?

He just confined himself to a few villages for 33yrs and left, and the rest of the world just expected to hear about it and believe?

What exactly did he achieve for himself, or for mankind. In what way did his being amongst humans, advance the human race in any meaningful and positive way, compare to the great men of history?

I am quite sure you are going to say that he came to do some spiritual mumbo jumbo work!
Since we are currently living in a physical world, Infact the only world we know, of what use is, or has spiritual work ever been to mankind?

Show me an iota of proof that whatever spiritual transformation Jesus came to perform actually worked in any way.

I can argue that he left the world a much more divided, fragmented, and confusing place than he met it.
masterpiece

1 Like

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by nnofaith: 8:43pm On Jul 08, 2013
plaetton:

Son of god my foot!

masterpiece
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 08, 2013
That A-W-E-S-O-M-E dude there saved the entire universe... His legacy?? Still keeping you fuc..king retards alive.
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:22pm On Jul 08, 2013
Toluwarni: That A-W-E-S-O-M-E dude there saved the entire universe... His legacy?? Still keeping you fuc..king retards alive.

so people were not alive before this "awesome jew"

and what did he save the entire universe from? space alien attack? meteorites?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

*CHRISTIANS ONLY* Who Is Your Favourite Bible Villian And Why? / ''All The Major Religions Are Part Of One Conspiracy'' - David Icke / God Is Dead - The Abandonment Of Faith In Europe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.