Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? (8709 Views)

Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. / Jesus Was A Black Man / The Black Woman Is God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by plaetton: 4:29am On Jul 10, 2013
From_Guiriga:

Brother, you have a point.
You will think that the Christ will leave something on how to cure deseases or illness. It seems as if this Jesus is powerless isn't it?
Brother, do you think is better to have a cure/vaccine for an illness as Mr. Pasteur or avoid getting sick at all?
Is sickness falling from the skies brother?
I'm not being sarcastic. Just want to expand the reasoning.

If we know what causes a disease, then we are in a better position to avoid the disease. The more we know about a particular disease, the more proactive we can be in terms of avoiding it, curing it, or managing the disease when it comes.
There are no illusions and hail mary's in indentifying, fighting or managing a disease.
Even some unavoidable genetic diseases can be identified early and treated or managed with gene therapy.

Stems cells are now being used to treat hitherto incurable ailments, and are also being used to grow entire organs.

The men and women involved in many researches that lead to these breakthroughs have done a million times more for mankind than Jesus is believed to have ever done.
This is self evident.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by plaetton: 4:50am On Jul 10, 2013
This is the father of medicine.
Doctors today still swear by his name.

One wonders why they don't swear by the name of Jesus.
Could it because, Jesus, a supposed miraculous healer, did not leave any legacy for those he left behind in terms of healing techniques, the cause of disease, drugs nor even herbs?.
Nada. angry

lets look at the bio of Hippocrates.

Hippocrates is credited with being the first person to believe that diseases were caused naturally, not because of superstition and gods. Hippocrates was credited by the disciples of Pythagoras of allying philosophy and medicine.[16] He separated the discipline of medicine from religion, believing and arguing that disease was not a punishment inflicted by the gods but rather the product of environmental factors, diet, and living habits. Indeed there is not a single mention of a mystical illness in the entirety of the Hippocratic Corpus. However, Hippocrates did work with many convictions that were based on what is now known to be incorrect anatomy and physiology, such as Humorism.

Again, compared to Jesus, son of god and miraculous healer, whose bio we all know, who do you think contributed more to humanity?

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by plaetton: 5:35am On Jul 10, 2013
Was this the saviour of mankind?

I wonder why people do not hang this man's portrait in their homes, factories and offices.
This is a man we should thinking , talking about and singing praises to every day because everyday, we use many devices invented by this man.
What would the world have been without the genius of Thomas Edison?

Thomas Alva Edison (February 11, 1847 – October 18, 1931) was an American inventor and businessman. He developed many devices that greatly influenced life around the world, including the phonograph, the motion picture camera, and a long-lasting, practical electric light bulb. Dubbed "The Wizard of Menlo Park",[1] he was one of the first inventors to apply the principles of mass production and large-scale teamwork to the process of invention, and because of that, he is often credited with the creation of the first industrial research laboratory.[2]

Edison is the fourth most prolific inventor in history, holding 1,093 US patents in his name, as well as many patents in the United Kingdom, France, and Germany. He is credited with numerous inventions that contributed to mass communication and, in particular, telecommunications. These included a stock ticker, a mechanical vote recorder, a battery for an electric car, electrical power, recorded music and motion pictures.

His advanced work in these fields was an outgrowth of his early career as a telegraph operator. Edison developed a system of electric-power generation and distribution[3] to homes, businesses, and factories – a crucial development in the modern industrialized world. His first power station was on Pearl Street in Manhattan, New York.

Now compare that to the humble Nazerene, sorry, the prince of the universe, who came to the world in an era of scientific and technological darkness, and also left the earth in the same way, with no insight on energy, no know how on transportation or aerodynamics, silence on long distance communication, unless prayers qualifies as such.

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by FromGuiriga(m): 6:07am On Jul 10, 2013
plaetton:

If we know what causes a disease, then we are in a better position to avoid the disease. The more we know about a particular disease, the more proactive we can be in terms of avoiding it, curing it, or managing the disease when it comes.
There are no illusions and hail mary's in indentifying, fighting or managing a disease.
Even some unavoidable genetic diseases can be identified early and treated or managed with gene therapy.

Stems cells are now being used to treat hitherto incurable ailments, and are also being used to grow entire organs.

The men and women involved in many researches that lead to these breakthroughs have done a million times more for mankind than Jesus is believed to have ever done.
This is self evident.

I agree with your premise however I think we can agree that it is better not to get sick right.
Have you consider WHAT if you are not fully informed in your position about the writings that Jesus left.
Have you read the books attributed to teaching of Jesus in NagHamady finding for example?
I think we can also agree the bible is NOT the word of God. So it is of no surprise many of the answers are not there.
I point this out because I'm not sure as to when you say Jesus did not leave ANYTHING I'm not sure if that (the bible) is your only source. I don't want to jump the gun per say so maybe you can advise if you read other writings attributed to Jesus outside of the bible?
I thinks curing deasease is like solving poverty. Can't do it. They can design any system they want. To eradicate poverty then we have to eliminate money.
So I see it bredren.

Give thanks for the reasoning.
I'm listening...
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by FromGuiriga(m): 6:32am On Jul 10, 2013
plaetton: This is the father of medicine.
Doctors today still swear by his name.

One wonders why they don't swear by the name of Jesus.
Could it because, Jesus, a supposed miraculous healer, did not leave any legacy for those he left behind in terms of healing techniques, the cause of disease, drugs nor even herbs?.
Nada. angry

lets look at the bio of Hippocrates.

Hippocrates is credited with being the first person to believe that diseases were caused naturally, not because of superstition and gods. Hippocrates was credited by the disciples of Pythagoras of allying philosophy and medicine.[16] He separated the discipline of medicine from religion, believing and arguing that disease was not a punishment inflicted by the gods but rather the product of environmental factors, diet, and living habits. Indeed there is not a single mention of a mystical illness in the entirety of the Hippocratic Corpus. However, Hippocrates did work with many convictions that were based on what is now known to be incorrect anatomy and physiology, such as Humorism.

Again, compared to Jesus, son of god and miraculous healer, whose bio we all know, who do you think contributed more to humanity?

He separated the discipline of medicine from religion, believing and arguing that disease was not a punishment inflicted by the gods but rather the product of environmental factors, diet, and living habits.
This man was on the right track.
Can you believe a God raining sickness from the sky to people. That's silly. Yet they are teaching the healing come from the sky!
Apart from genetics, for the most part what put in our system is dead. It is of no surprise the system malfunctions.

My two cents.
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 10, 2013
plaetton:

And how many Natives of Israel are reading your 2 Corinthians 5:6?

That is exactly my point. Even the people who were there tell you that it's all a fairy tale, no, a fraud, but you, a black African from Far away Africa, adopted this co.c.k and bull story as your own to create and live in your own fragmented reality.

Son of god my foot!

Should we examine the biography of this son of god who ,I suppose, Journeyed many light years from the heavenly above to reside amongst men for 33yrs?.

What is the legacy that this most august visitor left for humanity, particularly Africa?

Did he visit Africa? Did go on a world tour?
He just confined himself to a few villages for 33yrs and left, and the rest of the world just expected to hear about it and believe?

And even if he did come, and so what?

What exactly did he achieve for himself, or for mankind. In what way did his being amongst humans, advance the human race in any meaningful and positive way, compare to the great men of history?

I am quite sure you are going to say that he came to do some spiritual mumbo jumbo work!
To that I would say: Really?
Why come to Earth, a physical world , to do a spiritual work?
Since we are currently living in a physical world, Infact the only world we know, of what use is, or has spiritual work ever been to mankind?

Show me an iota of proof that whatever spiritual transformation Jesus came to perform actually worked in any way.

I can argue that he left the world a much more divided, fragmented, and confusing place than he met it.
too bad for you then. But no singular event in recorded history has shaken the foundation of earth like the death and resurrection of Christ. He came and saved man from sin. His followers still stand tortures and persecution till today. Have you ever stopped to ask your narrowed mind why his true disciples withstood and still withstand tortures beyond imagination because of him. Its cuz they experienced, saw, fellowshiped with him and know him. Do not be decieved, i do not stand for religion, i stand for and proclaim my saving, living relationship with God through Christ.

'On this ROCK will i build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it'
Jesus Christ
the destiny of mankind is already written. God loves us. He sent jesus to save. Accept his salvation, escape the coming wrath. Follow him, and walk in the reality of his word.

'For we are companions of the messiah if we hold fast unto the end the reality of what we had at the start.' Hebrews 3:14.

Do not easily speak against what you do not understand. God is a spiritual God who relateq spiritual people. Sin is as much a physical problem as it is a spiritual one. Flee the coming wrath, walk in the reality of Gods word
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by plaetton: 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
Chibuebem: too bad for you then. But no singular event in recorded history has shaken the foundation of earth like the death and resurrection of Christ. He came and saved man from sin. His followers still stand tortures and persecution till today. Have you ever stopped to ask your narrowed mind why his true disciples withstood and still withstand tortures beyond imagination because of him. Its cuz they experienced, saw, fellowshiped with him and know him. Do not be decieved, i do not stand for religion, i stand for and proclaim my saving, living relationship with God through Christ.

'On this ROCK will i build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it'
Jesus Christ
the destiny of mankind is already written. God loves us. He sent jesus to save. Accept his salvation, escape the coming wrath. Follow him, and walk in the reality of his word.

'For we are companions of the messiah if we hold fast unto the end the reality of what we had at the start.' Hebrews 3:14.

Do not easily speak against what you do not understand. God is a spiritual God who related spiritual people. Sin is as much a physical problem as it is a spiritual one. Flee the coming wrath, walk in the reality of Gods word

Pure baloney.
He shook the world to it's foundations with his birth and resurrection, yet no where is it recorded in history. No not the Romans who very meticulous in record keeping: Not the Jews who were very meticulous in record keeping.
Keep feeding your self such bull.

Ask yourself, why aren't the Jews following and worshipping this saviour, after all , he was a Jew?
Are Jews so dumb and deaf , or do they know more than you primitive African?

And he save man from what sin? And why are you still sinning? Why is the imaginary devil still molesting christians?
Why are people still falling sick from simple diseases, deadly epidemics and famine?
What iota of knowledge did your saviour god leave behind for mankind?

Even the mythical Prometheous was said to have been punished to death by other gods for daring to reveal to mankind the secrets of fire. Now, that's a god that gave his life for mankind. Wouldn't you agree?

Why aren't you worshipping Prometheous?

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by MrTroll(m): 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
^^^
you're wasting your time bro. That guy is a programmed sheep. Olaadegbu clone. . .

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 10, 2013
Mr Troll: ^^^
you're wasting your time bro. That guy is a programmed sheep. Olaadegbu clone. . .

grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by FromGuiriga(m): 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2013

Why is he programmed sheep?
He is asking sensible questions. Why don't you provide sensible answers and engage him on some serious reasoning ( if you have not done that anyway).
All his question, in my opinion have been great questions. I must admit I don't have the answers to all I them.
Think about this...The garden of Eden was supposedly on earth. Then God come to die to save people for everlasting life in Heaven somewhere.
So why this God did not create mankind in heaven in the first place?
Why do we have to die in a place that HE created PERFECT in the first place?
Because of a sin that a man committed supposedly 6,000 years ago?
Please provide us with ANY life saving document that Jesus left for the progress of mankind here on earth. NOT heaven. We don't know what's going on there. Where ever it is.

Give thanks.
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by FromGuiriga(m): 3:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
Chibuebem: too bad for you then. But no singular event in recorded history has shaken the foundation of earth like the death and resurrection of Christ. He came and saved man from sin. His followers still stand tortures and persecution till today. Have you ever stopped to ask your narrowed mind why his true disciples withstood and still withstand tortures beyond imagination because of him. Its cuz they experienced, saw, fellowshiped with him and know him. Do not be decieved, i do not stand for religion, i stand for and proclaim my saving, living relationship with God through Christ.

Jesus Christ

Do not easily speak against what you do not understand. God is a spiritual God who relateq spiritual people. Sin is as much a physical problem as it is a spiritual one. Flee the coming wrath, walk in the reality of Gods word

Brother, are you aware that it was the Christians killing people at some point, conquering and slaving people?
Were this Jesus disciples?
Can you tell me what happened after Jesus saved men from sin?

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hmm no black man yet but white men? Hmm do i smell there is no record kept about the achievement of ancient black men? White man this white man dat? Well choose your savior and deal with the fact i have chosen a Jew for my savior. if you think am delusional so are you in beating your brain cells over a mythical Figure.
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by nnofaith: 6:24pm On Jul 10, 2013

Jesus Christ

i wish you are like sitting next to me, so that i can slap some sense into you!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by MrTroll(m): 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2013
From_Guiriga:

Why is he programmed sheep?
He is asking sensible questions. Why don't you provide sensible answers and engage him on some serious reasoning ( if you have not done that anyway).
All his question, in my opinion have been great questions. I must admit I don't have the answers to all I them.
Think about this...The garden of Eden was supposedly on earth. Then God come to die to save people for everlasting life in Heaven somewhere.
So why this God did not create mankind in heaven in the first place?
Why do we have to die in a place that HE created PERFECT in the first place?
Because of a sin that a man committed supposedly 6,000 years ago?
Please provide us with ANY life saving document that Jesus left for the progress of mankind here on earth. NOT heaven. We don't know what's going on there. Where ever it is.

Give thanks.
huh? Are you mistaking my comment? In telling Plaetton to leave Chibuebem alone. Before I would say that don't you think I would have a reason? Did you see anybody engaging Hisblud.
*in game of throne voice* they're known. They're known.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
Mr Troll: huh? Are you mistaking my comment? In telling Plaetton to leave Chibuebem alone. Before I would say that don't you think I would have a reason? Did you see anybody engaging Hisblud.

Dont worry to engage me... am the troll for Jesus while you are troll for the Mythical Jesus... grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
hisblud:

Dont worry to engage me... am the troll for Jesus while you are troll for the Mythical Jesus... grin grin grin grin

You are a winch for Jesus....

*Oyedepo! Rub your palms; another young fellow is due for an anointing slap!*
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
nnofaith: i wish you are like sitting next to me, so that i can slap some sense into you!
thank God i'm not near you then. cheesy
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
plaetton:

Pure baloney.
He shook the world to it's foundations with his birth and resurrection, yet no where is it recorded in history. No not the Romans who very meticulous in record keeping: Not the Jews who were very meticulous in record keeping.
Keep feeding your self such bull.

Ask yourself, why aren't the Jews following and worshipping this saviour, after all , he was a Jew?
Are Jews so dumb and deaf , or do they know more than you primitive African?

And he save man from what sin? And why are you still sinning? Why is the imaginary devil still molesting christians?
Why are people still falling sick from simple diseases, deadly epidemics and famine?
What iota of knowledge did your saviour god leave behind for mankind?

Even the mythical Prometheous was said to have been punished to death by other gods for daring to reveal to mankind the secrets of fire. Now, that's a god that gave his life for mankind. Wouldn't you agree?

Why aren't you worshipping Prometheous?
*sighs* ignorance my brother, ignorance. I'm bored of typing. If you knew jesus like i know him, you'd want to tell me about him.
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 10, 2013
Chibuebem: *sighs* ignorance my brother, ignorance. I'm bored of typing. If you knew jesus like i know him, you'd want to tell me about him.

You dont know Jesus. He died centuries before you were born. You only know what was written about him by some people in an ancient book full of contradictions

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2013
Next time plateaon... dont knock your head on the goads, it will continue to prick you consistently..

Your spagetti monster is mythological, yet i am not worried, disturbed, troubled, but the Mythical Jesus whom i believe in, is a nightmare, a troubling to you and you try to use issues such as the Slave ship named Jesus to rubbish a "mythical Jesus"...

Can something mythical be a living nightmare to someone...hmmm .. ask the Trolling athiest... grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
hisblud: Next time plateaon... dont knock your head on the goads, it will continue to prick you consistently..

Your spagetti monster is mythological, yet i am not worried, disturbed, troubled, but the Mythical Jesus whom i believe in, is a nightmare, a troubling to you and you try to use issues such as the Slave ship named Jesus to rubbish a "mythical Jesus"...

Can something mythical be a living nightmare to someone...hmmm .. ask the Trolling athiest... grin grin grin grin tongue

The last time I checked,

-Children were not assaulted because of claims of witchcraft,
-Couples were not told to avoid contraceptives,
-Gays were not told to go to hell

in the name of the spaghetti monster

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

You dont know Jesus. He died centuries before you were born. You only know what was written about him by some people in an ancient book full of contradictions

read this

http://sharonrhoover.com/2011/12/24/socrates-and-jesus-proof-across-the-millenium/
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by FromGuiriga(m): 8:49pm On Jul 10, 2013
Mr Troll: huh? Are you mistaking my comment? In telling Plaetton to leave Chibuebem alone. Before I would say that don't you think I would have a reason? Did you see anybody engaging Hisblud.

I apologize. I mistook your comment.
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

The last time I checked,

-Children were not assaulted because of claims of witchcraft,
-Couples were not told to avoid contraceptives,
-Gays were not told to go to hell

in the name of the spaghetti monster

Was it the "mythical Jesus" that said so? And is the "Mythical Jesus" living?
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
lol. Look who's calling me a programmd sheep. It is you that is decieved. Not a single one of you has answered any of my questions directly till today. Who is blind? Smh. Its a pity. Only the power of God changes a man. I know and experience him and his power, and i have its EVIDENCE in my life. Look through the teachings of jesus. Which one of them can u speak against? None. Then u find another excuse and claim he did nothing influencial to man? Onye di programmed?
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

as is said logicboy, you are the most ignorant one so far. I dont need to talk much. If i were using your logic, i would say: 'you dont know evolution, you only know what was written in a book'. But that belittles the situation. I know Jesus. YOU know ABOUT him, i know him personally.
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
hisblud: Next time plateaon... dont knock your head on the goads, it will continue to prick you consistently..

Your spagetti monster is mythological, yet i am not worried, disturbed, troubled, tongue embarassed embarassed but the Mythical Jesus whom i believe in, is a nightmare, a troubling to you shocked shocked shocked shocked and you try to use issues such as the Slave ship named Jesus to rubbish a "mythical Jesus"...

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
Chibuebem: as is said logicboy, you are the most ignorant one so far. I dont need to talk much. If i were using your logic, i would say: 'you dont know evolution, you only know what was written in a book'. But that belittles the situation. I know Jesus. YOU know about him, i know him personally.

when pressed they will say we see it around us and then in another breath they will say no we have not seen evolution tongue tongue double talk
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
what is Mythical?

Athiest add to this definition

1. Of or existing in myth: the mythical unicorn.
2. Imaginary; fictitious.
3. often mythic Of, relating to, or having the nature of a myth

Mythical Jesus... He troubles athiest like logicboy... hmm can a fictitious entity be a nightmare to a living being?
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

You are a winch for Jesus....

*Oyedepo! Rub your palms; another young fellow is due for an anointing slap!*

and the Mythical Jesus is troubling you lol,, how can an imaginary Being be troubling shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
what is the name of an INCA chief of the inca civilization... grin grin someone help logicboy lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 10, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

''All The Major Religions Are Part Of One Conspiracy'' - David Icke / Contra Bibliolatreia II -the Septuagint / The Many Lies Told By Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.